HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What A Way To Die
Posted by: Tuff Work ()
Date: September 11, 2011 01:04AM

From the NBC4 News Site:


A construction worker was struck and killed by an asphalt roller Saturday in Fairfax County.

Edgar Tobar, 40, of Woodbridge, was standing near a roadway at a construction site when another employee lost control of the roller, which "ran over" Tobar, according to Fairfax County Police.

Tobar was transported to a local hospital in life-threatening condition. He later died.

No criminal charges will be filed, according to police. Occupational Health and Safety Administration will investigate the incident.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 11, 2011 08:33AM

"No criminal charges will be filed, according to police. Occupational Health and Safety Administration will investigate the incident."

Very badly worded at best. Closer to mis-information.

OSHA regulations are criminal and violations and negligence are criminal statues and can be tried in the courts and jail time issued if they want to.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: fact checker ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:35AM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "No criminal charges will be filed, according to
> police. Occupational Health and Safety
> Administration will investigate the incident."
>
> Very badly worded at best. Closer to
> mis-information.
>
> OSHA regulations are criminal and violations and
> negligence are criminal statues and can be tried
> in the courts and jail time issued if they want
> to.

Once again, you are wrong. Only WILLFUL violations carry potential criminal penalties.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: September 12, 2011 12:10PM

yo, that how we roll, G

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: September 12, 2011 12:16PM

I guess he never beat his siblings in the childhood game of "Steamroller", or it looked like this:



__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Naked Truth ()
Date: September 12, 2011 12:16PM

Like one of those tortilla presses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: fatboyx ()
Date: September 12, 2011 01:30PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:39PM

fact checker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Radiophile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "No criminal charges will be filed, according
> to
> > police. Occupational Health and Safety
> > Administration will investigate the incident."
> >
> > Very badly worded at best. Closer to
> > mis-information.
> >
> > OSHA regulations are criminal and violations
> and
> > negligence are criminal statues and can be
> tried
> > in the courts and jail time issued if they want
> > to.
>
> Once again, you are wrong. Only WILLFUL
> violations carry potential criminal penalties.


Once again you are fucked up.

Criminal/Willful Violations. Section 17(e) of the
Act provides that: "Any employer who willfully
violates any standard, rule or order promulgated
pursuant to Section 6 of this Act, or of any
regulations prescribed pursuant to this Act, and that
violation caused death to any employee, shall, upon
conviction, be punished by a fine of not more than
$10,000 or by imprisonment for not more than six
months, or by both; except that if the conviction is
for a violation committed after a first conviction of
such person, punishment shall be a fine of not more
than $20,000 or by imprisonment for not more than one
year, or by both."

The Area Director, in coordination with the
Regional Solicitor, shall carefully evaluate all
willful cases involving worker deaths to
determine whether they may involve criminal
violations of Section 17(e) of the Act. Because
the nature of the evidence available is of
paramount importance in an investigation of this
type, there shall be early and close liaison
between the OSHA investigator, the Area
Director, the Regional Administrator, and the
Regional Solicitor in developing any finding
which might involve a violation of Section 17(e)
of the Act.

What is willful? Well let us say the employee was not wearing his reflective vest. That MAY NOT be by itself "willful". Two employees not wearing their vests? That would be willful and posiibly criminal. But OSHA would determine that.



What is "Crimianl" a violation of OSHA regulations. Just like any criminal act, there are severities. You speed and get caught - you broke the law and you get a ticket. You speed and someone dies - you may end up going to jail.


I said OSHA violations are criminal. Just because you had something to add, doesn not make what I said wrong.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 05:44PM by Radiophile.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: sucks big time ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:42PM

Holy shit what a terrible way to go. Ranks up there as one of the worst like being eaten by a grizzly bear or a shark.
I hope it was over quickly for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Jeebus ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:43PM

Stfu radiofag!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:46PM

And since it probably happened not on Federal land or using Federal money, VOSH would be involved, not OSHA right away.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: Juan sad story ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:22PM

Which goes better with the flat man tortilla the red or the green sauce. Can I get that with a side of refried beans. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What A Way To Die
Posted by: fact checker ()
Date: September 15, 2011 10:05AM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fact checker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Radiophile Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > "No criminal charges will be filed, according
> > to
> > > police. Occupational Health and Safety
> > > Administration will investigate the incident."
>
> > >
> > > Very badly worded at best. Closer to
> > > mis-information.
> > >
> > > OSHA regulations are criminal and violations
> > and
> > > negligence are criminal statues and can be
> > tried
> > > in the courts and jail time issued if they
> want
> > > to.
> >
> > Once again, you are wrong. Only WILLFUL
> > violations carry potential criminal penalties.
>
>
> Once again you are fucked up.
>
> Criminal/Willful Violations. Section 17(e) of
> the
> Act provides that: "Any employer who
> willfully
> violates any standard, rule or order
> promulgated
> pursuant to Section 6 of this Act, or
> of any
> regulations prescribed pursuant to
> this Act, and that
> violation caused death to any
> employee, shall, upon
> conviction, be punished by a fine of
> not more than
> $10,000 or by imprisonment for not
> more than six
> months, or by both; except that if the
> conviction is
> for a violation committed after a
> first conviction of
> such person, punishment shall be a
> fine of not more
> than $20,000 or by imprisonment for
> not more than one
> year, or by both."
>
> The Area Director, in coordination with the
> Regional Solicitor, shall
> carefully evaluate all
> willful cases involving worker
> deaths to
> determine whether they may
> involve criminal
> violations of Section 17(e) of
> the Act. Because
> the nature of the evidence
> available is of
> paramount importance in an
> investigation of this
> type, there shall be early and
> close liaison
> between the OSHA investigator,
> the Area
> Director, the Regional
> Administrator, and the
> Regional Solicitor in
> developing any finding
> which might involve a violation
> of Section 17(e)
> of the Act.
>
> What is willful? Well let us say the employee was
> not wearing his reflective vest. That MAY NOT be
> by itself "willful". Two employees not wearing
> their vests? That would be willful and posiibly
> criminal. But OSHA would determine that.
>
>
>
> What is "Crimianl" a violation of OSHA
> regulations. Just like any criminal act, there are
> severities. You speed and get caught - you broke
> the law and you get a ticket. You speed and
> someone dies - you may end up going to jail.
>
>
> I said OSHA violations are criminal. Just because
> you had something to add, doesn not make what I
> said wrong.

You were wrong. OSHA violations that are deemed criminal must have been proven to have derived from "wilful" conduct NOT "negligence." You wrote this: "OSHA regulations are criminal and violations and negligence are criminal statues." That was wrong. Clearly wrong. It is even more wrong to defend an inaccurate statement once the facts have been presented to you. Perhaps you should change your name to Pinocchio.

I am currious, do you stand by your misinformation because you are stubborn or stupid?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **      **   ******    **     **  ********  
 **     **  **  **  **  **    **   **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **  **  **  **         **     **  **     ** 
 *********  **  **  **  **   ****  **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **  **  **  **    **   **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **  **  **  **    **   **     **  **     ** 
 **     **   ***  ***    ******     *******   ********  
This forum powered by Phorum.