HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My neighbor thinks she's a traffic director
Posted by: Really...? ()
Date: September 09, 2011 02:48PM

Entering the neighborhood today, I encountered something very annoying. Driving towards the end of my street, I eventually became blocked by a parked mail truck on the right side and an odd looking, undersized traffic cone near the left/center. Naturally, I got out of my car in order to move the cone. Upon closer examination, it read: "caution - children playing". After I parked my car and went inside, the lady wasted no time moving the cone back to its original place. Maybe five minutes later, a man driving a white Oldsmobile (pictured on the right) came down the street and plowed right into the cone, nonchalantly continuing into his parking space. Getting out of his car, he calmly pulled the cone out from underneath his bumper and said: "Is this yours?" It didn't take long for this lady and a couple other of her squawking neighborhood girlfriends to start laying into the guy, telling him how it's a "child cone" and they need to put it in the road to protect their children from people like him. I was able to hear their conversation because I opened a window after he ran over the cone.

So basically, this guy is my hero.

Does anybody know if it's actually legal to go buy your own shitty traffic cone from Walmart and put it in the middle of a neighborhood road, for personal purposes? I would think that putting a cone in the road for anything other than professional purposes would be considered an unnecessary road obstruction. Within the past thirty minutes, I've already seen multiple cars nearly hit this cone or have to awkwardly maneuver around it.
Attachments:
1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My neighbor thinks she's a traffic director
Posted by: Dr Pepsi ()
Date: September 09, 2011 02:56PM

You have my sympathy. The same kind of lady in my neighborhood circulated a petition for speed bumps. I was the only one that didnt sign, I hate those fucking things and all they do is delay someone who will then speed when they get to where the speedbumps arent.

She told me how it was dangerous to the kids playing in the street and I told her I wouldnt ever allow my kids to play in the street especially when the HOA spends big bucks for all those mini playgrounds her type demanded in the first place.

To get back at me she parks her minivan in front of my house where I normally park.

Date: September 09, 2011 03:08PM

Dr Pepsi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She told me how it was dangerous to the kids
> playing in the street and I told her I wouldnt
> ever allow my kids to play in the street
> especially when the HOA spends big bucks for all
> those mini playgrounds her type demanded in the
> first place.

Exactly! The street is for cars, not kids. Where do these crazy people get this sense of entitlement from, like the road is part of their yard? Funny you should mention playgrounds; there's one right down the street...

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: September 09, 2011 03:08PM

I don't know about the legality of this practice but I have the same shit happen in my neighborhood. We have one road that comes into a group of town homes that form a square with parking and a good sized median with some grass and a picnic table in the middle. There is a kid that is about 12 who rides his bike in a circle around the median. His parents come out and put up those folding traffic triangles and block one side of the road coming into the neighborhood. The kid is a giant pussy, I saw him fall over on his bike one day and he looked up to see if his dad was looking, he wasn't so the kid started screaming and crying and sure enough his dad came running. I saw him fall down one day and look around to see who was watching, his mom was talking to a neighbor so he started crying and she came running. I've seen two year old's take harder falls and not cry. If they don't put the triangles out to protect him then his mom walks around behind him as he rides around the median, if she isn't around then his grandfather rides a bike around right behind him. The kid will look right at you getting in your car and will continue to ride right into your path if you are backing out. I can't wait until he goes to high school, that kid is going to come home crying everyday.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 09, 2011 03:18PM

Dr Pepsi Wrote:

> To get back at me she parks her minivan in front
> of my house where I normally park.

If it is an American minivan, it shouldn't have a lock on the fuel door or gas cap. Take a mixture of sand, sugar, and diesel and pour it in her tank.

She won't be parking in front of your house while she is getting a new engine installed.

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: September 09, 2011 03:24PM

Dr. Pepsi,

Do you live in West Springfield, sounds just like the shit my neighbors pull? We get one numbered spot and one that is unmarked, those are first come first serve. When someone disagrees with the gaggle of HOA bitches they park their cars in the unmarked spots right in front of your house. They did it to me once and at the time I had a motorcycle that I would park against the curb and then pull my truck in so as to not take two spots. As soon as she pulled out of her unmarked spot one morning I rode the bike over there and parked it right in the middle of the spot and left it there for two weeks. I know its petty but damn it felt good to smile and wave while she would stand there glaring at me.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 09, 2011 03:58PM

We have parents puting signs out that say "Slow Children at Play." I always give the accolades for admitting their children are slow.

The cones are not to be in the middle of the road. In my neighborhood they put them at the end of the driveway so cars can see it and read it, but not run over it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 03:59PM by FUNdamental.

Posted by: She can't do that ()
Date: September 09, 2011 04:03PM

You pay taxes same as her, she does not own the streets. In Boston, people, during the winter, would shovel out an area on the streets for their vehicles and then place garbage cans there, to reserve it for them. They figured they did the work, they deserve the space permanently. The Police had enough of that and started to cite those people for violations. Sidewalks and streets are for the public.

Posted by: not in street ()
Date: September 09, 2011 04:37PM

If its a public road its definitely illegal. If it is a private drive it depends. If you have an HOA im sure they have some sort of rules about stuff like that. If you dont you can either try talking to them and telling they to keep the signs on the grass out of the street or if it gets bad enough you can try calling non emergency police to see what your options are

Posted by: jdwalker ()
Date: September 09, 2011 04:39PM

Which is exactly why I don't do that. If I can't enjoy the fruits of my own labors, why should someone else?

Posted by: KK ()
Date: September 09, 2011 05:27PM

not in street Wrote:
> If its a public road its definitely illegal. If
> it is a private drive it depends. If you have an
> HOA im sure they have some sort of rules about
> stuff like that. If you dont you can either try
> talking to them and telling they to keep the signs
> on the grass out of the street or if it gets bad
> enough you can try calling non emergency police to
> see what your options are

Wait, perfect solution just occurred to me. If they put the signs in the street, then drive up over the curb and through their yard!

Posted by: Mauve Dickling ()
Date: September 09, 2011 06:44PM

Just run over those damn kids! No kids, no cones!! Problem solved!!!

Posted by: Even My HOA ()
Date: September 09, 2011 07:20PM

not in street Wrote:
> If its a public road its definitely illegal. If
> it is a private drive it depends. If you have an
> HOA im sure they have some sort of rules about
> stuff like that. If you dont you can either try
> talking to them and telling they to keep the signs
> on the grass out of the street or if it gets bad
> enough you can try calling non emergency police to
> see what your options are

My community is under the control of the HOA with private streets. They've clearly stated that parents need to keep their children from playing in the street as it's not permitted.

Damn, little bastards. I don't know who's worse - but, probably think it's the parents because they're too lazy to get their ass off the couch and take their child to an appropriate playground to play.

Posted by: Even Better ()
Date: September 09, 2011 07:42PM

eesh Wrote:
> Dr Pepsi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > To get back at me she parks her minivan in
> front
> > of my house where I normally park.
>
>
>
> If it is an American minivan, it shouldn't have a
> lock on the fuel door or gas cap. Take a mixture
> of sand, sugar, and diesel and pour it in her
> tank.
>
> She won't be parking in front of your house while
> she is getting a new engine installed.

I also found that a handful of very small rubber bands works wonders....

Sipping down the road at highway speed and they hit the carburetor. Take your mind off worrying about your neighbors business for a while.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: September 09, 2011 07:42PM

Busybodies with brats are the worst. I was following a schoolbus down Telegraph Rd the other day when it flashed its lights and stopped to pick up a brat, stopping traffic both ways. Okay, that happens, no big deal. But then the brat's mom gets on with him to stand there and BS with the driver for like 5 minutes, meanwhile traffic is backing up for a half mile each way. She had to make sure her little darling would get the proper service from the chaufer.

Posted by: I say ()
Date: September 09, 2011 08:26PM

Roll up and steal her cone. She is just a busy body. Stay away as they can turn rabid at any moment. Good luck!

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: September 09, 2011 08:32PM

Just tell her it isn't permitted there and you will consider it debris to be collected and trashed if you see it out there again. I'd probably just pick it up and stick it in her driveway to get it out of the road. If she keeps putting it out there then I'd report her to the HOA and let them deal with her.

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: September 09, 2011 08:36PM

Run over the cone. Man Up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: jbalo ()
Date: September 09, 2011 08:46PM

Do you rent or own? It's always tough when you own and don't want to create a hostile relationship with someone you could potentionally live next to for many years to come. It's good to be cordial with neighbors for lots of reasons. Burning any bridge, no matter how small, is never a good thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2011 08:47PM by jbalo.

Posted by: She is an A type person ()
Date: September 09, 2011 09:00PM

Steal her cone and she will stalk you. She has no job, drives a mini van and I bet she is fat. Just ignore her and you will be better off for it.

Posted by: prob so ()
Date: September 09, 2011 09:02PM

She is an A type person Wrote:
> Steal her cone and she will stalk you. She has no
> job, drives a mini van and I bet she is fat. Just
> ignore her and you will be better off for it.
Attachments:
images.jpg

Posted by: cone man ()
Date: September 09, 2011 09:32PM

...or, go out and buy a couple cones, place them in front of her driveway.

Date: September 09, 2011 10:02PM

Believe me, if we weren't separated by a wall, I would be more aggressive about the recurring "child cone" situation. Yes, she has done this before. I wish I had the balls to just run it the fuck over and then play innocent like the Oldsmobile guy. I want to give him a high five.

Posted by: XDnyMe3 ()
Date: September 09, 2011 11:40PM

Really...? Wrote:

> Does anybody know if it's actually legal to go buy
> your own shitty traffic cone from Walmart and put
> it in the middle of a neighborhood road, for
> personal purposes?

If it's a VDOT maintained "highway", then maybe one of these:

§ 46.2-818. Stopping vehicle of another; blocking access to premises; damaging or threatening commercial vehicle or operator thereof; penalties.

No person shall intentionally and willfully:

1. Stop the vehicle of another for the sole purpose of impeding its progress on the highways, except in the case of an emergency or mechanical breakdown;

2. Block the access to or egress from any premises of any service facility operated for the purposes of (i) selling fuel for motor vehicles, (ii) performing repair services on motor vehicles, or (iii) furnishing food, rest, or any other convenience for the use of persons operating motor vehicles engaged in intrastate and interstate commerce on the highways of this Commonwealth;

3. Damage any vehicle engaged in commerce on the highways of this Commonwealth, or threaten, assault, or otherwise harm the person of any operator of a motor vehicle being used for the transportation of property for hire.

Any person violating any provision of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, and in addition, his driver's license may be suspended by the court for a period of not more than one year. The court shall forward such license to the Department as provided by § 46.2-398.

The provisions of this section shall not apply to any law-enforcement officer, school guard, fire fighter, or member of a rescue squad engaged in the performance of his duties nor to any vehicle owned or controlled by the Virginia Department of Transportation while engaged in the construction, reconstruction, or maintenance of highways.

(1974, c. 457, § 46.1-250.1; 1977, c. 326; 1984, c. 780; 1989, c. 727.)

§ 46.2-831. Unofficial signs prohibited; penalties.

No unauthorized person shall erect or maintain on any highway any warning or direction sign, signal, or light in imitation of any official sign, signal, or light erected as provided by law. No person shall erect or maintain on any highway any traffic or highway sign or signal bearing any commercial advertising.

Nothing in this section shall prohibit the erection or maintenance of signs or signals bearing the name of an organization authorized to erect it by the Commonwealth Transportation Board or by the local authorities of counties, cities, and towns as provided by law. Nor shall this section be construed to prohibit the erection by contractors or public utility companies of temporary signs approved by the Virginia Department of Transportation warning motorists that work is in progress on or adjacent to the highway.

Any violation of this section shall constitute a Class 4 misdemeanor.

(Code 1950, § 46-187; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-174; 1982, c. 681; 1989, c. 727.)

Posted by: unFUNnymentally retarded ()
Date: September 10, 2011 08:50PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> We have parents puting signs out that say "Slow
> Children at Play." I always give the accolades
> for admitting their children are slow.
>
>
Attachments:
hilarious.jpg

Posted by: fuck that shit ()
Date: September 10, 2011 10:15PM

set the damn cone on fire, or take a piss on it in the middle of the night. you cant put stuff in the middle of the road, its a driving hazard.

Date: September 11, 2011 12:14PM

WTF?! She's at it again...

Pisses me off big-time how she leaves it out there even when there are no children in sight.

Posted by: Cone Head ()
Date: September 11, 2011 12:38PM

Would be sad if her cone somehow got wedged under her vehicle under the exhaust system, where she can't see or get to it...

Posted by: JustDoIt ()
Date: September 11, 2011 01:17PM

Really...? Wrote:
> WTF?! She's at it again...
>
> Pisses me off big-time how she leaves it out there
> even when there are no children in sight.

Maybe you should just go out and pick it up and take it home. Then put a sign up on a rarely used, out of the way bulletin board in your neighborhood that says "Traffic Cone Found - contact XXX"

Then, if/when she collects it and puts it back in the road just do the same thing again. Just act really slow if she tells you to stop doing it. Just look at her blankly, start fake crying, and say "I was just trying to heeellllllpppp! I found a puppy once! I was helping!"

Rinse, repeat. What's she going to do? Call the cops? She's putting her stuff in the middle of the road. Where I live, that means it's either finder's keepers or it's litter.

If you don't want to do it, give the idea to the guy who ran over it. Or you both could take turns helping find the owner of lost property.

Posted by: someone with a brain ()
Date: March 30, 2012 09:43AM

Wow, you got nothing better to do than to bitch about a cone you can drive arround. Your live must be easy and boring.
Looking at leagal meassures and such.....
Get a brain people - wait until it is you child (oh wait most of you must not have any going by the stupid comments)
Because of people like you this became a lawyer country in which we all pay the stupid high fees. Thanks a lot.
I have to pitty for you.
Pisses me off

From a Father

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 30, 2012 09:51AM

@someone with a brain - Was that a haiku?

That neignborhood is not a state maintained road. There are still some general provisions that apply like no parking in fire lanes and no blocking a fire hydrant and no reckless driving or DUIs. Other than that traffic rules in neighborhoods are largely unenforceable. Like when you see spped limit and stop signs that are not VDOT sanctioned and regulated (Height, size, color) they are more of a suggestion.

Anyhow, to answer the OPs question, I dont think she is breaking any laws.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: March 30, 2012 02:28PM

She's not breaking any laws.

She's simply a stupid cunt.

Posted by: Crowe ()
Date: April 01, 2012 12:47AM

Glad my neighboors arn't dumbfucks haha.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 01, 2012 03:10PM

Some people in my neighborhood put those children at play signs up, but it's a whole load of BS to be honest, because some of them think it provides an excuse to simply allow for their children to run around in the middle of the street.

As for speed bumps, we've been thinking for a while that we need one at our stop sign that everyone tends to blow through. It's a three-way intersection, and 90% of the drivers here swerve through the stop sign so hard you'd almost believe it says "Gas it and bank hard!".

JBass, yeah, I can't comment on that particular neighborhood, but a large number of neighborhoods around here are on state roads, including mine. It's best that people pay attention to stop signs regardless, and on my street for example you need to actually travel about 5 MPH below the posted speed limit.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: simple folk ()
Date: April 01, 2012 03:50PM

Really...? Wrote:
> Entering the neighborhood today, I encountered
> something very annoying. Driving towards the end
> of my street, I eventually became blocked by a
> parked mail truck on the right side and an odd
> looking, undersized traffic cone near the
> left/center. Naturally, I got out of my car in
> order to move the cone. Upon closer examination,
> it read: "caution - children playing". After I
> parked my car and went inside, the lady wasted no
> time moving the cone back to its original place.
> Maybe five minutes later, a man driving a white
> Oldsmobile (pictured on the right) came down the
> street and plowed right into the cone,
> nonchalantly continuing into his parking space.
> Getting out of his car, he calmly pulled the cone
> out from underneath his bumper and said: "Is this
> yours?" It didn't take long for this lady and a
> couple other of her squawking neighborhood
> girlfriends to start laying into the guy, telling
> him how it's a "child cone" and they need to put
> it in the road to protect their children from
> people like him. I was able to hear their
> conversation because I opened a window after he
> ran over the cone.
>
> So basically, this guy is my hero.
>
> Does anybody know if it's actually legal to go buy
> your own shitty traffic cone from Walmart and put
> it in the middle of a neighborhood road, for
> personal purposes? I would think that putting a
> cone in the road for anything other than
> professional purposes would be considered an
> unnecessary road obstruction. Within the past
> thirty minutes, I've already seen multiple cars
> nearly hit this cone or have to awkwardly maneuver
> around it.

If you are so poor that you have to live in a horrid townhouse community you should use that as motivation to better educate yourself and get a good job. You had to know what you were getting into when you bought that little house, right??

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 01, 2012 06:40PM

thats a great story. and you told it so well. with such ENTHUSIASM.

Posted by: captain dan ()
Date: April 03, 2012 03:10AM

man i'm getting so tired of the proliferation of speed bumps. a street nearby that use to have lower income houses now has all mega mansions on the street. they demanded and got several speed bumps installed on the street. I'd never noticed what i call a lot of heavy speeding (10+)on that street in the past. Why are speed bumps (and they all ain't alike thump thump) suppose to slow you down to 15 mph when posted speed limit is 25 mph. why can't they be for the posted speed limit? you just gotta know them speed bumps reek havoc with the suspension system of cars. out of fucking alignment again!

or better yet why not use those street signs that indicate the speed of passing vehicles. they seemed to have worked for years on Broad Street in Falls Church when going thru the residential area. and less wear and tear on the vehicle

Posted by: Leelee ()
Date: August 01, 2012 12:59PM

I feel like non of you have children. You'll be surprised how your attitudes change when you do.

Posted by: sortOF agreewith OP ()
Date: August 01, 2012 04:04PM

I am totally sick of people when entering a parking lot no matter if housing or commercial they totally stop then car 50% of the way into the parking lot area with the ass of the car still on the street thus slowing traffic.

The past 2 years I have been watching which people do this the most.

Young beginner drivers. black people any age or sex. fancy drivers who flick their cigs every 5 seconds out the window

Posted by: ohandanotherthing ()
Date: August 01, 2012 04:51PM

sortOF agreewith OP Wrote:
> I am totally sick of people when entering a
> parking lot no matter if housing or commercial
> they totally stop then car 50% of the way into the
> parking lot area with the ass of the car still on
> the street thus slowing traffic.
>
>
> The past 2 years I have been watching which people
> do this the most.
>
> Young beginner drivers. black people any age or
> sex. fancy drivers who flick their cigs every 5
> seconds out the window

Forgot to add. Certain asian who drive as soft and silky as their skin is.

Oh!!! I hit a baby bump! I better slow down by 98% and slowly move 1 mph in the direction I want to go even though no parking lot traffic at all!

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: August 01, 2012 05:05PM

Leelee Wrote:
> I feel like non of you have children. You'll be
> surprised how your attitudes change when you do.

If you're planning on having kids, then buy a single family home with a yard. That way, they won't have to play in the street and inconvenience all of your neighbors. Stop being so self-centered. The world does not revolve around your family, and your kid(s) will probably grow up to be fags anyway.

Posted by: Seed of Chucky ()
Date: August 01, 2012 05:54PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> Leelee Wrote:
> -----
> > I feel like non of you have children. You'll be
> > surprised how your attitudes change when you
> do.
>
>
> If you're planning on having kids, then buy a
> single family home with a yard. That way, they
> won't have to play in the street and inconvenience
> all of your neighbors. Stop being so
> self-centered. The world does not revolve around
> your family, and your kid(s) will probably grow up
> to be fags anyway.

Right on, Ralph! If a play area is important, fine. Then buy a house with a yard. Though townhouses have yards too, just in back. Let the kids play there.

As for LeeLee: Jeez, what a stupid idiot you are. Before my wife and I had a child, we too would get annoyed when we'd be in a nice restaurant and a kid would be screaming at the top of his lungs. Or in a supermarket and some kid would be pushing the shopping cart like a race car, running into people and things. Or at a movie and some little kid would start screaming. And over and over again, just like you, LeeLee, they'd say, "Oh, you just wait until you have kids. You'll feel differently then."

You know what, you dumb, lazy mom: We didn't. There were times when our kid would act up and I remember immediately hauling him out of the restaurant until he quited down. We didn't take him to movies he couldn't understand; theaters are not cheap substitutes for baby sitters. And we didn't let him race shopping carts.

You don't get off the hook by refusing to impose reasonable discipline on your brat. You don't get to one-up people who don't have kids yet by saying, "Nah, Nah, Nah."

So, have your kids play in the back yard. If they want a hard surface, take them to a school playground. There's bound to be one close by. You want them to play on a parking lot or cul-de-sac? Recognize that those were built for cars driven by adults. And if you fail to do so, then stick around real close to watch them. That's more productive than lying on the couch, eating bon-bons, and watching Doctor Phil.

Posted by: Another Parent ()
Date: August 01, 2012 06:07PM

^^^ This.

Posted by: Bud Hoal... ()
Date: August 02, 2012 07:42PM

write FUCK on the cone with a big Sharpie.

Posted by: set her car on fire ()
Date: August 02, 2012 08:03PM

this is from a couple months ago. i like how my one neighbor appears to be just going for a nice little stroll in the picture like she's a fucking zombie. she was like "Honey-badger don't give a shit..."

Yea, but at first I heard someone yelling outside and I went to the window and noticed the car on fire...so like any good American, I got my camera and went outside and took a picture.

Attachments:
66604_165119760167831_6631494_n.jpg

Posted by: MomofTwins ()
Date: April 21, 2013 07:22AM

Piss on the cone? Set it on fire? Run over it? Run over the kids?? Put sugar in someones tank?? Wth? Seriously, wtf?? Are all you people insane? Do all you people have anger issues?? What the fuck is wrong with driving down a neighborhood street slowly?? Do any of you have pets? Friends over that may park on street??? Older parents? Mailboxes?? Do YOU want cars flying down your street? Omd, all of you sounds like ignorant morons!! Kids or no kids, I dont want cars flying down my cul de sac street?? Especially the teenagers that drive down my street at 35+....

I do have 4 1/2 yr old twins, Im not lazy, I work my ass off, I own my own house, AND I have a huge fenced in back yard......and guess what, children WANT TO PLAY OUT FRONT..... GOD FORBID i have to go pee for christ sake (or take a piss, speaking in YOUR ignorant language...) In between watching kids, doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, tiling my bathroom, etc etc etc..... Young children are JUST THAT PEOPLE, CHILDREN!! They dont understand the ways of the world, they dont run into to road because they are slow or stupid, omg, you morons sound like such idiots.....do any of u morons have children?? WELL, GUESS WHAT.......YOU, my morons friends, were ONCE CHILDREN, and I guarantee you ran into a road, wanted to play in a road, and did several things that werwnt smart or safe.....YOU WERE CHILDREN, YOUR BRAINS HADNT FULLY DEVELOPED, YOU DIDNT HAVE LIFE EXPERIENCE.....thank god you didnt get killed or maimed though. Because now, you can make assnine, ridiculous, ignorant statements about pissing in the street and running over children! Why dont you idiots gor read your posts, and take a step back and listen to how ignorant you sound.....seriously, you should be ahamed of yourself......if anyone is Slow it must be you morons.....I guess YOUR mothers were the lazy ones that didnt bother to teach their children common sense, civility, kindness, patience.....omg, listen to yourselves, unbelievable!!!! Get a fucking life! Omg, really, you'd rather bitch and sound like a fucking idiot, rather than 'maneuvering' around a cone and driving slow?? You people are freaks, and thank god not MY neighbors....way to be part of your community! Your comments made me sick!

Posted by: Twins suck ()
Date: April 21, 2013 08:15AM

Shut your fat pie hole and fuck your 4 1/2 year old twins. Have your retarded ugly ass kids play in your fenced in back yard and keep them off the street.

Posted by: Roadkill youth ()
Date: April 21, 2013 08:36AM

Keep your dumbass kids out of the street or you may get to see a scene like this...
Attachments:
Tustin-child-hit-by-car-2-300x201.jpg

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 21, 2013 08:48AM

MomofTwins Wrote:
> Piss on the cone? Set it on fire? Run over it?
> Run over the kids?? Put sugar in someones tank??
> Wth? Seriously, wtf?? Are all you people insane?
> Do all you people have anger issues?? What the
> fuck is wrong with driving down a neighborhood
> street slowly?? Do any of you have pets? Friends
> over that may park on street??? Older parents?
> Mailboxes?? Do YOU want cars flying down your
> street? Omd, all of you sounds like ignorant
> morons!! Kids or no kids, I dont want cars flying
> down my cul de sac street?? Especially the
> teenagers that drive down my street at 35+....
>
> I do have 4 1/2 yr old twins, Im not lazy, I work
> my ass off, I own my own house, AND I have a huge
> fenced in back yard......and guess what, children
> WANT TO PLAY OUT FRONT..... GOD FORBID i have to
> go pee for christ sake (or take a piss, speaking
> in YOUR ignorant language...) In between watching
> kids, doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, tiling my
> bathroom, etc etc etc..... Young children are
> JUST THAT PEOPLE, CHILDREN!! They dont understand
> the ways of the world, they dont run into to road
> because they are slow or stupid, omg, you morons
> sound like such idiots.....do any of u morons have
> children?? WELL, GUESS WHAT.......YOU, my morons
> friends, were ONCE CHILDREN, and I guarantee you
> ran into a road, wanted to play in a road, and did
> several things that werwnt smart or safe.....YOU
> WERE CHILDREN, YOUR BRAINS HADNT FULLY DEVELOPED,
> YOU DIDNT HAVE LIFE EXPERIENCE.....thank god you
> didnt get killed or maimed though. Because now,
> you can make assnine, ridiculous, ignorant
> statements about pissing in the street and running
> over children! Why dont you idiots gor read your
> posts, and take a step back and listen to how
> ignorant you sound.....seriously, you should be
> ahamed of yourself......if anyone is Slow it must
> be you morons.....I guess YOUR mothers were the
> lazy ones that didnt bother to teach their
> children common sense, civility, kindness,
> patience.....omg, listen to yourselves,
> unbelievable!!!! Get a fucking life! Omg,
> really, you'd rather bitch and sound like a
> fucking idiot, rather than 'maneuvering' around a
> cone and driving slow?? You people are freaks,
> and thank god not MY neighbors....way to be part
> of your community! Your comments made me sick!

You should feel lucky that someone had sex with you I the first place. Home life must be hell with you.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: April 21, 2013 09:24AM

MomofTwins Wrote:
> Piss on the cone? Set it on fire? Run over it?
> Run over the kids?? Put sugar in someones tank??
> Wth? Seriously, wtf?? Are all you people insane?
> Do all you people have anger issues?? What the
> fuck is wrong with driving down a neighborhood
> street slowly?? Do any of you have pets? Friends
> over that may park on street??? Older parents?
> Mailboxes?? Do YOU want cars flying down your
> street? Omd, all of you sounds like ignorant
> morons!! Kids or no kids, I dont want cars flying
> down my cul de sac street?? Especially the
> teenagers that drive down my street at 35+....
>
> I do have 4 1/2 yr old twins, Im not lazy, I work
> my ass off, I own my own house, AND I have a huge
> fenced in back yard......and guess what, children
> WANT TO PLAY OUT FRONT..... GOD FORBID i have to
> go pee for christ sake (or take a piss, speaking
> in YOUR ignorant language...) In between watching
> kids, doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, tiling my
> bathroom, etc etc etc..... Young children are
> JUST THAT PEOPLE, CHILDREN!! They dont understand
> the ways of the world, they dont run into to road
> because they are slow or stupid, omg, you morons
> sound like such idiots.....do any of u morons have
> children?? WELL, GUESS WHAT.......YOU, my morons
> friends, were ONCE CHILDREN, and I guarantee you
> ran into a road, wanted to play in a road, and did
> several things that werwnt smart or safe.....YOU
> WERE CHILDREN, YOUR BRAINS HADNT FULLY DEVELOPED,
> YOU DIDNT HAVE LIFE EXPERIENCE.....thank god you
> didnt get killed or maimed though. Because now,
> you can make assnine, ridiculous, ignorant
> statements about pissing in the street and running
> over children! Why dont you idiots gor read your
> posts, and take a step back and listen to how
> ignorant you sound.....seriously, you should be
> ahamed of yourself......if anyone is Slow it must
> be you morons.....I guess YOUR mothers were the
> lazy ones that didnt bother to teach their
> children common sense, civility, kindness,
> patience.....omg, listen to yourselves,
> unbelievable!!!! Get a fucking life! Omg,
> really, you'd rather bitch and sound like a
> fucking idiot, rather than 'maneuvering' around a
> cone and driving slow?? You people are freaks,
> and thank god not MY neighbors....way to be part
> of your community! Your comments made me sick!

Congrat. You and your family have just won free tickets to next year's Boston marathon. bring your flak jackets.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 21, 2013 09:55AM

MomofTwins Wrote:
>...thank god you
> didnt get killed or maimed though.

Thank my parents who watched me and kept me in the yard and not the fucking street, you lazy pig house frau.

Posted by: centerground ()
Date: April 21, 2013 03:37PM

I have little kids and yes people drive way too fast around the hood. I have never and will never put one of those kids at play signs up - its stupid and distracting. When Im driving and see one it just distracts me because Im not trained to obey private signs on public roads. If its an actual road sign I will obey.

As to putting it in the road itself now that is just stupid - it messes up the flow of traffic and I believe puts the kids at greater risk. If I had a bad day I might just crush it with my vehicle but mostly Id drive around it. Im glad the dude ran it over though that is funny.

Posted by: itsillegal ()
Date: April 21, 2013 03:39PM

Its illegal to place obstructions in a public road unless an emergency...

Posted by: Vuka ()
Date: April 21, 2013 04:06PM

Attachments:
4f0bed384c982.jpeg

Posted by: Vuka ()
Date: April 21, 2013 04:07PM

Attachments:
images.jpg

Posted by: Feinsteen ()
Date: April 21, 2013 07:28PM

WE MUST bAN CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

ONE DAY I WAs driving in rESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD AND BAM!!!!!!! HIT A PEOPLE @ 50 MPH! THEY SAY WHY I DRY SO FASS? I DRY LIE DIS ERRYWHERE!!!!!!!! FUCK YO NEIGHBORHOOD I GOTTS TO GO TO WORK!!!!!!

Posted by: monica707 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 04:53PM

Leelee Wrote:
> I feel like non of you have children. You'll be
> surprised how your attitudes change when you do.

I'm having the same issue on my street in Ukiah, CA.. I have 4 small children under the age of 5 and I would NEVER put out cones as a replacement for parental supervision. My jackass neighbor puts cones up to babysit his 4 year old daughter while he hangs out inside with his buddies. As if the cones are really going to stop someone from running her over. This 'non of you have children' post is crap. I have 6 and I don't let ANY of them play in the street. If you think putting up cones to 'protect your children' is OK, you are a moron that is neglecting your kids.

Posted by: Only six? ()
Date: September 17, 2013 05:01PM

monica707 Wrote:
> Leelee Wrote:
> -----
> > I feel like non of you have children. You'll be
> > surprised how your attitudes change when you
> do.
>
>
> I'm having the same issue on my street in Ukiah,
> CA.. I have 4 small children under the age of 5
> and I would NEVER put out cones as a replacement
> for parental supervision. My jackass neighbor puts
> cones up to babysit his 4 year old daughter while
> he hangs out inside with his buddies. As if the
> cones are really going to stop someone from
> running her over. This 'non of you have children'
> post is crap. I have 6 and I don't let ANY of them
> play in the street. If you think putting up cones
> to 'protect your children' is OK, you are a moron
> that is neglecting your kids.

You need the cone in front of you. Already six billion and you are helping the cause.
Thanks.

Date: September 17, 2013 06:15PM

Only six? Wrote:
> monica707 Wrote:
> -----
> > Leelee Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I feel like non of you have children. You'll
> be
> > > surprised how your attitudes change when you
> > do.
> >
> >
> > I'm having the same issue on my street in
> Ukiah,
> > CA.. I have 4 small children under the age of 5
> > and I would NEVER put out cones as a
> replacement
> > for parental supervision. My jackass neighbor
> puts
> > cones up to babysit his 4 year old daughter
> while
> > he hangs out inside with his buddies. As if the
> > cones are really going to stop someone from
> > running her over. This 'non of you have
> children'
> > post is crap. I have 6 and I don't let ANY of
> them
> > play in the street. If you think putting up
> cones
> > to 'protect your children' is OK, you are a
> moron
> > that is neglecting your kids.
>
> You need the cone in front of you. Already six
> billion and you are helping the cause.
> Thanks.

I'm sorry you're battling Small Penis Syndrome. I pay my taxes, and have more than enough love and kindness to share - I can have as many as I want :)
I'm guessing you drive a Prius too.. :( sorry

Date: September 17, 2013 06:19PM

Only six? Wrote:
> monica707 Wrote:
> -----
> > Leelee Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I feel like non of you have children. You'll
> be
> > > surprised how your attitudes change when you
> > do.
> >
> >
> > I'm having the same issue on my street in
> Ukiah,
> > CA.. I have 4 small children under the age of 5
> > and I would NEVER put out cones as a
> replacement
> > for parental supervision. My jackass neighbor
> puts
> > cones up to babysit his 4 year old daughter
> while
> > he hangs out inside with his buddies. As if the
> > cones are really going to stop someone from
> > running her over. This 'non of you have
> children'
> > post is crap. I have 6 and I don't let ANY of
> them
> > play in the street. If you think putting up
> cones
> > to 'protect your children' is OK, you are a
> moron
> > that is neglecting your kids.
>
> You need the cone in front of you. Already six
> billion and you are helping the cause.
> Thanks.

And if you voted for Obama.. guess what - you ARE the problem. Not children. Children belong here. Maybe you should go back to Mexico to be with your 16 sisters and 37 nieces and nephews or... maybe China - I hear they abort kids over there to maintain the population. Hell, maybe you should just start gunning them down yourself! Again, Small Penis Syndrome has horrible side effects :(

Posted by: Colleen Haley ()
Date: May 25, 2014 01:44PM

We use the cones in our neighborhood but we also stay out there with them and watch. The roadway isnt blocked but it does force you to drive the speed limit. The kids watch for cars and get out of the roadway whenever a car is coming. However I should not have to pack my kids up every time they want to ride their bikes. They do not play in the street only ride their bikes. But all you assed who find it inconvenient to slow down for kids screw you.

Posted by: HGwdG ()
Date: May 25, 2014 04:54PM

but your dick back in your pants.

because you see a cone does not mean the helicopter mom wishes you to introduce yourself for sex speed dating

Posted by: NPHxc ()
Date: May 25, 2014 04:57PM

a safe speed for a crouded little parking lot is 5-10 mph

maybe they should call the cops if there are speeders

install their own speed bumps

OR just break windows of any one going 20 mph +. that's what i'd do.

Posted by: Fnfjkejfnd ()
Date: May 25, 2014 09:22PM

Colleen Haley Wrote:
> We use the cones in our neighborhood but we also
> stay out there with them and watch. The roadway
> isnt blocked but it does force you to drive the
> speed limit.

It's not you're place to enforce road laws. Fuck off, nosey twat.

> But all you assed who find it inconvenient to slow down for
> kids screw you.

It's not my fault that you decided to take a thick load up your snatch and shit out a couple of burdens. Don't make your kids our problem.

Posted by: Fuck you cunt ()
Date: May 26, 2014 01:01PM

Moms that put children playing cones in the street are either too lazy to watch their kids or just don't have the time. End of story. Maybe your precious children should have been deposited into a wad of toilet paper and flushed down the toilet.

Posted by: w3vJe ()
Date: May 26, 2014 01:07PM

Fuck you cunt Wrote:
> Moms that put children playing cones in the street
> are either too lazy to watch their kids or just
> don't have the time. End of story. Maybe your
> precious children should have been deposited into
> a wad of toilet paper and flushed down the toilet.

Bingo. When I was kid, I was smart enough not to get hit by cars when I was playing in the street. If you can't trust you own kids to play safely, then keep your 'tards inside.

Posted by: ffxundeground taught me someothi ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:02AM

out of chaos comes order, and by this i mean i this site has taught me two things, never live in an area with an HOA and avoid anyone called eesh.

Posted by: Solutions ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:10AM

It's pretty simple:

1) The street is not a place for kids to play. Parents need to get off their lazy asses and take the kids to appropriate places to play. Parents should also be tell their to "NOT PLAY IN THE STREET OR ROAD."

2) If there is a speed limit problem contact your local police department and ask them to do some random speed traps.

(Note: Probably the people who will be caught by the police will the mini-van parents, lol)

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: May 27, 2014 10:21AM

Cone is for teens walking across streets looking at their fucking phones instead of cars.

Posted by: Original Poster ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:19AM

OP checking in...

Got out of that neighborhood back in March and enjoying the new place. Far less middle-aged, nosey hens patrolling the street and delegating their babysitting duties to neighbors.

Just another quick story...

Neighbors used to have bloc parties on the weekend evenings, where they would sit on their driveways in lawn chairs and nonchalantly stand around in the middle of the street, completely oblivious to cars trying to get through. I'd roll up to a group of people mingling in the street and sit there waiting for 5 or so seconds before finally hitting the horn. Of course, they reacted as if I had inconvenienced them in some way, before slowly shuffling over to the sidewalk and letting me through. It really felt like some weird twilight zone episode where we were the only sane people on that street.

Posted by: aging debbie does dallas fan ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:21PM

XDnyMe3 Wrote:

>
> § 46.2-818. Stopping vehicle of another; blocking
> access to premises; damaging or threatening
> commercial vehicle or operator thereof;
> penalties.

--------------------------------------

if any of you people were working or worth a crap you wouldn't have time for making this all a problem

there was nothing commercial stopped in the above. idiots tying themselves down with words was all that happend. please move along.

Posted by: 3dFWC ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:25PM

ffxundeground taught me someothi Wrote:
> out of chaos comes order, and by this i mean i
> this site has taught me two things, never live in
> an area with an HOA and avoid anyone called eesh.

IT'S NOT A HIGHWAY IT IS IN THEIR FRONT YARD

THE CHILDREN ARE LEGALLY PART OWNERS by right

"slow children playing" there is already no way you can argue kids should be tied up like dogs

Posted by: tc7Yj ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:26PM

you know in the old days they used to just run kids over

Posted by: an be larger ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:27PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: Nw3nG ()
Date: May 27, 2014 04:28PM

hey fairfax is still lookign for those kids. 0 tolerance policy. anyway gov pay is good enough for any excuse to take for the pay.

Posted by: Herm ()
Date: August 24, 2014 10:39PM

I stumbled upon this thread searching if this sort of thing was legal. Just started having this problem where I live, but it's worse than cones. I live in a normal suburban area, on a regular street, not HOA or anything private. Some new family just moved on the block and literally the first weekend they arrived there were three 3 to 4 foot tall bright orange gingerbread shaped figures with flags spaced out in the middle of the street. They had them setup like an obstacle course to where you had to maneuver through them to drive down the street! Same sort of stupid sign on them "Caution, Children Playing". And like many others have stated they left them out all day and I never saw kids out there, not that it would make turning a public street into an obstacle course right to begin with! The nerve of some people, especially to move into neighborhood and start doing this right off the bat, I'm just glad I don't live right next to them.

This next weekend they only had one of the stupid things in the middle of the street, so someone must have told them off. Even one is still annoying. I feel like running it over but I don't want to damage my car. I did make a point of speeding up when drove by their house and around their sign. They were out in their front yard (no kids around) just looked at me like "didn't you see our sign!?". If this crap is legal then what's stopping everyone from doing it!?! I ought to put a 4 foot sign shaped like a cat in the middle of the street in front of my house with I sign that says "watch out for my cat!"

I swear this country is mirroring that Idiocracy movie more and more and this is just another example. Take responsibility for your own kids, seems to me it's easier just to tell your kids to stay out of the street than fool with putting signs out and making the whole neighborhood hate you. And if your kid is dumb enough to play in the street, or you're to lazy as a parent to do your job then they deserve to get hit, it wouldn't hurt the gene pool.

I'd say the best resolution to this is just to contact the city, or the police. There's no way obstructing the street like this on a regular basis can be legal, and with most people I would think a warning from the city or police would put an end to it.

Posted by: I agree! ()
Date: August 27, 2014 12:40AM

Ok so I had a similar experience this......only it was at that awful time of the day where the sun hits you right in the eye and you are blinded for a split second. I was driving VERY SLOW because I could barely see as I drove down this culdesac and hit one of those big orange traffic cones. I dragged it for a bit since I didn't see anything and couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Then I see the kid down the street and figured it out as the cone broke free from under my car.
As I pull into my friends place I see the mom come out and get her stupid cone from where I dragged it and bring it back, all the while looking to where I am like she's gonna come and talk to me. I get my package from my friends house and head bAck to the cone house where she is waiting for me with her husband standing behind her. I do the right thing and stop and roll my window down explaining that the sun was in my eyes so that is why her cone was run over. She then chides me, telling me that I need to be careful because the cone could've been her child. Omg, as I drive away feeling like a total ass and wondering if I really would have hit her child.......I start wondering why why why.....if you know that is a dangerous time of day WHY let your kids play then??????
She was obviously aware of these issues so why would you put your child in harms way and then make someone feel like they had done wrong?
I plan on calling the city because I really feel like she was the negligent one in this and I want to know if that stupid cone is legal.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: August 27, 2014 02:50AM

Solutions Wrote:
> It's pretty simple:
>
> 1) The street is not a place for kids to play.
> Parents need to get off their lazy asses and take
> the kids to appropriate places to play.

Take kids to a place where they can play? How fun for the kids! Mommy and Daddy watching them play.

I wish my parents had gotten off their lazy asses and taken me to a place where they could watch me play. It would have made my childhood far more exciting.

Running around free, exploring the world, was utterly boring, and very, very dangerous. Lots of bruises... kids shouldn't get those.

> Parents
> should also be tell their to "NOT PLAY IN THE
> STREET OR ROAD."

You're either joking or you're a giant fagit.

Posted by: .... ()
Date: August 27, 2014 02:11PM

Alias Wrote:
> Take kids to a place where they can play? How fun
> for the kids! Mommy and Daddy watching them play.

Nobody gives a fuck if your kids are having fun or not. The street is for cars. They can play in the yard or on the sidewalk. If you are going to let them hang out in the street, tell them to gtfo when cars come. It's that simple.

Posted by: yLM49 ()
Date: August 27, 2014 03:39PM

My taxes paid for that road -- it belongs to me!

Posted by: YAWN ()
Date: August 27, 2014 03:44PM

yLM49 Wrote:
> My taxes paid for that road -- it belongs to me!

Weak trolling attempt.

Posted by: die ()
Date: August 30, 2014 03:41AM

.... Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> -----
> > Take kids to a place where they can play? How
> fun
> > for the kids! Mommy and Daddy watching them
> play.
>
> Nobody gives a fuck if your kids are having fun or
> not. The street is for cars. They can play in the
> yard or on the sidewalk. If you are going to let
> them hang out in the street, tell them to gtfo
> when cars come. It's that simple.

Nobody gives a fuck about you. It's that simple.

Posted by: jNXyT ()
Date: August 30, 2014 05:52AM

> Weak trolling attempt.

Not as weak the "slow children" "at play". The smart ones know enough to stay out of the street.

Seriously though if it's community property (not county state or federal) nothing prevents you from taking possession of the road. The best they could do would be a civil suit. You can't be banned from community property since you are a member of that community. The only recourse would be association rules which are generally unenforceable despite what the association thinks.

Date: August 30, 2014 01:30PM

die Wrote:
> Nobody gives a fuck about you. It's that simple.

Just as simple as your brain. Very thoughtful response though.

Posted by: no... ()
Date: August 30, 2014 03:13PM

.... Wrote:
> die Wrote:
> -----
> > Nobody gives a fuck about you. It's that
> simple.
>
> Just as simple as your brain. Very thoughtful
> response though.

Yours was more thoughtful.

Posted by: explaining things ()
Date: August 30, 2014 03:23PM

.... Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> -----
> > Take kids to a place where they can play? How
> fun
> > for the kids! Mommy and Daddy watching them
> play.
>
> Nobody gives a fuck if your kids are having fun or
> not. The street is for cars. They can play in the
> yard or on the sidewalk. If you are going to let
> them hang out in the street, tell them to gtfo
> when cars come. It's that simple.

You are not a parent or you wouldn't have said, "Parents should also be telling their kids to "NOT PLAY IN THE STREET OR ROAD."

Of course parents tell their kids this. They tell their kids not to do hundreds of things, a hundred times a day.

I think that's why Alias thought you were kidding.

Posted by: Sheniqua Jackzon ()
Date: August 30, 2014 04:02PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hell no. I be up on dat bitch do step. Dat ho dun tink she a gubba mint wit dat cones. No you di int. Betta check yo self be fo you reck yo self. I strait run dat bitch ova an day nappay ass kid.

Date: August 30, 2014 06:46PM

explaining things Wrote:
> You are not a parent

BINGO. I keep close track of my seed. Wouldn't want to ruin my life or anything...

Posted by: Quenn ()
Date: March 10, 2015 07:37PM

Even most parents think blocking traffic is stupid. AND IT's ILLEGAL.

Yes, I'm a parent too. But I raised smart children who knew enough to stay out of traffic!!! And they weren't so SLOW that they couldn't dodge a car.

I'm sick of you entitled brat-adults who are of a generation that is now having children of their own, and you think NO ONE has ever raised kids before and only YOU know how to do it.

NO ONE a few years ago would have thought of trying to control everybody's behavior -- we all just tried to join with others and fit in and help out. NO -- you people think ONLY YOUR OWN precious brats are important. And you're bossy. PUH-LEEZ.

Posted by: Quenn ()
Date: March 10, 2015 07:39PM

I wish THE SIGN POSTERS were working and contributing to society so they wouldn't perseverate over every car driving through the neighborhood. This is a problem of stay-at-home moms with too much time on their hands.

Posted by: SimpleSolution ()
Date: March 10, 2015 08:35PM

Drive the speed limit through neighborhoods; be alert.

Parents: see speeders, shoot out their windows with BB guns and call the police; guy with broken window is speeding up and down the street.

In all seriousness you don't want to hit a kid with your car, you would be fucked. Everyone keep their kids safe, and drive well.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.