HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Conservative Credentials: Bachmann Collected Taxes for the IRS. Perry was Gore's Texas Chairman.
Date: August 15, 2011 08:12PM

Yeah. These people aren't complete frauds, are they?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61428.html

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/bachmann-faces-questions-about-home-and-husband-20110728

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Conservative Credentials: Bachmann Collected Taxes for the IRS. Perry was Gore's Texas Chairman.
Posted by: Rev Wrong ()
Date: August 15, 2011 08:18PM

Imagine if equal scrutiny was applied to Obama what would have been discovered.

Re: Conservative Credentials: Bachmann Collected Taxes for the IRS. Perry was Gore's Texas Chairman.
Date: August 15, 2011 08:22PM

Rev Wrong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Imagine if equal scrutiny was applied to Obama
> what would have been discovered.

Maybe if Republicans weren't throwing out false accusations about him being a member of Al Qaeda and the Weather Underground, you would have had the scrutiny you desired. But you were idiots, so tough shit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: August 15, 2011 08:43PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Yeah. These people aren't complete frauds, are
> they?
>
> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61428.ht
> ml
>
>
> http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/bachmann-f
> aces-questions-about-home-and-husband-20110728

I don't see your point about Perry. He's not the first person to change parties and attitudes. At least he didn't wear a sheet and burn crosses before he found Jesus....and pork barrel spending.

Bachmann...I really don't care what she did or didn't do..she's not going anywhere.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: August 15, 2011 08:52PM

> Rev Wrong Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Imagine if equal scrutiny was applied to Obama
> > what would have been discovered.
>
>
> Maybe if Republicans weren't throwing out false
> accusations about him being a member of Al Qaeda
> and the Weather Underground, you would have had
> the scrutiny you desired. But you were idiots, so
> tough shit.

There ya go again.......twist and spin, twist and spin.

The accusation was that Bill Aires helped to launch Obamas political career. Hardly a claim that Obama was a bombing building, murderer.

Oh yeah...and the accusation turned out to be true no matter how many news agencies buried the story or completely ignored it.

Al Qaeda? From him being questioned as a possible Muslim? Again, perfectly good question considering his father was one and his step father was as well.

What I don't get is why yourself and others need to go overboard in defending the guy? It's not like he's going to be wisked away to another planet and all traces of his history will be erased.

It is what it is, dude. He is what he is and he is what and where he came from.

The bad guys have accepted it.......why can't you?

I still think he sucks as a president though.

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: August 15, 2011 09:02PM

Obama should be easy to beat,,,,but the republicans have nothing,,,

That's the real problem,,,

If republicans really believed what they spew, they'd rally behind Ron Paul, who owes NOTHING to ANYBODY, he votes his conscience right or wrong, the guy sticks to his guns,,,definately not owned by corporate USA
Attachments:
ron_paul_poster_flyer_by_the_russian.jpg

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 15, 2011 10:52PM

SoylentGreen Wrote:
> The accusation was that Bill Aires helped to
> launch Obamas political career. Hardly a claim
> that Obama was a bombing building, murderer.

No everyone knew about that but no one cared except the right and they just couldn't understand how that could be.

Date: August 15, 2011 11:01PM

If Romney wasn't a Mormon, he would have the best chance. I think people with have a viscerally negative reaction to Perry's Dubya II persona.

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:14PM

Romney will win the nomination,,,he got smart and stopped talking

He can't help but say things that sound bad, he's just not a natural campaigner,,,

But he probably is the most moderate candidate with the best chance of beating Obama,,,

If he was Catholic, he'd be a shoe in,,,

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: August 16, 2011 11:22AM

> Yeah. These people aren't complete frauds, are
> they?
>
> http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61428.ht
> ml
>
>
> http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/bachmann-f
> aces-questions-about-home-and-husband-20110728

Frauds? Possibly but unlikely

Never know when a fraud can pop up on you.(read my lips) A majority of Independents think Obama was a fraud saying he promised one thing during his campaign for president then didn't deliver.

Independents fashion themselves to be more introspective and analogical on an issue to issue basis. Most people that call themselves independents do so because it makes them feel smarter and above all the rest of us both on the left and right. It's an easy way to stifle dialogue in any given argument. An Independent always states "I won't make up my mind until I have all the facts." Problem is they never seem to acquire the capacity to find the facts.

I think just the opposite. Independents I know seem to be less informed on the details and general scope of any given issue at hand. They just aren't that smart. It's like they are all running around saying "We really don't know what we believe but we will figure it out and let you know in the voting booth." Undecided = dumbfounded.

I'm not sure where they got confused with the complicated intricacies of the whole "hope and change" (seemed pretty simple to me) platform but for some reason they feel betrayed now. If they were so smart even a cursory knowledge of Obama's background would have revealed his left leaning ideology and strong possibility that would be the way he would lead as president. Even though his background wasn't purged by the mainstream press how can Independents claim to be so much wiser than the rest of us and now claim to have been defrauded, or a better term, fooled? Those of us on the left and right knew exactly who this man was and how he would rule.

With Perry you have a political transformation in the late 80's. Bachman's handling of tax collection cases from 1988 to 1993 for the IRS. is not controversial at all. The fact that she wants to fundamentally reform the tax code in 2011 is the issue.

My only problem with Perry is his political transformation came so late in his life at 38 years of age and so late into the modern political era (1988) after 8 years watching Reagan . I'm not saying he isn't genuine but it is a notable anomaly. For instance I was a die hard Carter supporting left winger until my junior year in college and slowly over a 2 year period of time transformed over to a solid conservative ideology supporting Reagan for re-election.

All in all I'm almost certain Perry's conservatism is genuine. His family's "yellow dog Democrat" background was hard to shake in Texas so I don't hold that against him. Perry has a solid social and fiscal conservative record. The left has tried to manufacture an issue out of the Texas budget deficit. In reality the state is in great economic shape with the deficit well under control, and is poised for strong and sustained growth well into the future.

Perry's southern democrat family background was typical for the time. Like Reagan said "I didn't leave the Democrat party, it left me". Perry's experience in this respect appears no different. Reagan's political evolution appeared around 50 years in age. Reagan has always been considered a fraud by the left but for those of us on the right he rarely disappointed.

A few thoughts;

* Why do you never here of a staunch conservative "seeing the light" and turning liberal? It's always the other way around.

* Why aren't there any books written about "Great Moderates In History"

* Why do both the Republicans and Liberals alike kiss the Independents asses every election cycle when they have shown themselves to have the spine of a Jelly Fish and the courage of a fainting goat.

* Independents are mostly attention whores who know that if they play their cards right, maybe , just maybe, pollster Frank Luntz might put them in a focus group, hand them a dialamatic and stick his microphone in their face.

*Are focus group research terms like "shared sacrifice" and "balanced approach" (which both mean raise taxes and spend more) crafty enough to fool the the dim witted and slow Independents?

*Should I get back on my boat and get jacked by pirates?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 11:24AM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:38PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> A few thoughts;
>
> * Why do you never here of a staunch conservative
> "seeing the light" and turning liberal? It's
> always the other way around.

I know quite a few people who went from being staunch conservatives in their 20s to liberals in their 40s or later. Conservatives like to claim that libs who go conservative got smarter, but quite often the reason is that as libs get wealthier their interests shifted and so did their political views. In other words they were libs when they were young because they were selfish, and they became conservatives as they aged for the same reason.
>
> * Why aren't there any books written about "Great
> Moderates In History"

You mean like George Washington or Henry Clay. Even Lincoln tended towards the moderate side.
>
> * Why do both the Republicans and Liberals alike
> kiss the Independents asses every election cycle
> when they have shown themselves to have the spine
> of a Jelly Fish and the courage of a fainting
> goat.
>

Neither liberals nor conservatives have anywhere near enough support to be the majority, so they have to win over those in the middle if they want to win.

> * Independents are mostly attention whores who
> know that if they play their cards right, maybe ,
> just maybe, pollster Frank Luntz might put them
> in a focus group, hand them a dialamatic and stick
> his microphone in their face.

Most independents are that way because they don't buy into either the liberal or conservative ideology, but instead pick and choose from each. Even in the liberal and conservative camps there are people who diverge from the main group on significant issues.
>
> *Are focus group research terms like "shared
> sacrifice" and "balanced approach" (which both
> mean raise taxes and spend more) crafty enough to
> fool the the dim witted and slow Independents?

As opposed to all of the conservative slogans like "fiscal responsibility", by which most conservatives mean somebody other than me pays for it.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 16, 2011 02:21PM

Bill N Wrote:
>
> I know quite a few people who went from being staunch conservatives in their 20s to liberals in their 40s or later.

I wouldn't say "staunch" but I definitely considered myself conservative when I was in college and in my 20s; a typical hawkish, American-exceptionslism, anti-gay marriage, govt-is-evil type, who voted for Bush Sr. in 92 and Bush Jr. in 2000. A few years in the real world relieved me of those notions.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 16, 2011 07:15PM

Still waiting to hear about Obumass and what his credentials are or were.

Why is this stupid fucking non-leader President?

What has he ever done remarkable politically, personally or in the business world?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: August 16, 2011 07:28PM

WingNut Wrote:
> What has he ever done remarkable politically,
> personally or in the business world?

He did excellently in school though from a broken home, went on to gain recognition and acceptance as a community organizer, worked his way up in local popularity to become a state senator (reelected multiple times), then won his US Senate seat with 70% of the vote.

Then, in the face of pretty amazing and continuing denigration based on, mostly, lies from people such as yourself, he was elected by this great country of ours as President.

Other than that, not much.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 16, 2011 07:37PM

He won a US Senate race against Alan Keyes after his opponent dropped out of the race after a scandal. Alan Keyes carpetbagged to IL and was never really a resident in spirit.

What did Obama do for the people he "community organized" for?

Where are his great legal opinions and writings from his time as an attorney? What cases did he win?

Oh yeah, and what kind of "lies" have I told about him? All I do is repeat the obvious truth that he sucks ass and that most of his voters are idealistic suckers.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Ferreal? ()
Date: August 16, 2011 07:57PM

You realize the president spent much of his time as a young adult as a "community organizer" attending a church where the pastor is a virulent race-baiting anti-American, right? As far as anyone can tell, his first real job was as a constitutional lecturer at U. CHicago Law. He was raised in Indonesia and Hawaii, born of a Kenyan national father of Muslim faith. And we're supposed to believe he's your typical, everyday midwestern American who understands the average American and can help create jobs. Meanwhile, he'll be spending his third summer at Martha's Vineyard spending some of the millions he made on his autobiography.

You, sir, don't understand the meaning of the word "fraud."

Posted by: Possum ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:00PM

Don't forget that he grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. Real All-American roots there, eh?

Posted by: fubar ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:11PM

4 more years Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > What has he ever done remarkable politically,
> > personally or in the business world?
>
> He did excellently in school though from a broken
> home, went on to gain recognition and acceptance
> as a community organizer, worked his way up in
> local popularity to become a state senator
> (reelected multiple times), then won his US Senate
> seat with 70% of the vote.
>
> Then, in the face of pretty amazing and continuing
> denigration based on, mostly, lies from people
> such as yourself, he was elected by this great
> country of ours as President.
>
> Other than that, not much.

Can you define community organizer?

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:15PM

4 more years Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > What has he ever done remarkable politically,
> > personally or in the business world?
>
> He did excellently in school though from a broken
> home, went on to gain recognition and acceptance
> as a community organizer, worked his way up in
> local popularity to become a state senator
> (reelected multiple times), then won his US Senate
> seat with 70% of the vote.
>
> Then, in the face of pretty amazing and continuing
> denigration based on, mostly, lies from people
> such as yourself, he was elected by this great
> country of ours as President.
>
> Other than that, not much.

I agree. Look at the 13th district of Ill. he represented as a state senator. Look at how prosperous it was when he won his state senate seat. look at how prosperous it was after he left to become US senator from Ill. Look how great of economic shape it was in after he left to be President of the United States. Look at how incredibly prosperous the 13th district of Ill' is now after Obama has been President for going on three years now, two of which his Democrat party controlled the US House of Representatives, the Senate and of course the executive branch.

If this is what you progressives call moving forward, I'd damn sure hate to see you move backward.

Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:17PM

fubar Wrote:
> Can you define community organizer?

This is a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Be sure to follow embedded links if you need even more clarification.

Posted by: fubar ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:22PM

4 more years Wrote:
> fubar Wrote:
> -----
> > Can you define community organizer?
>
> This is a good start:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama
>
> Be sure to follow embedded links if you need even
> more clarification.

Ahh, OK. It sounds like wishy washy crap. He did it for two years? Are you kidding me? Why even list that as a credential? Oh right, because after law school he basically went directly into activism, academia and politics, which isn't exactly something most Americans are familiar with.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:39PM

I love you WTL, you're my dad, but this is shit garbage. This country is shit. It's garbage. Our government is organized crime with an arsenal of nuclear warheads. Nobody cares about you, your children, or your children's children. Buy you, sell you, pit you against your neighbor. That's what your government does. Talking about it----"debating"----is bullshit. There is no debate. Right, left, it doesn't matter. What's really going on. What's really, really going on?

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: August 16, 2011 08:44PM

no offense, dad. I love you. You mean the world to me. I didn't even read the title of this thread. I just saw "conservative", "taxes", and "IRS" and I flew into a blind rage. I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. When is mom getting home?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.