HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bachmann Bombs on Meet the Press
Posted by: Gills ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:11AM

Crazy bitch can barely state her goals, then when questions she can't answer...

Her experience is.... wait for it... she was a tax lawyer and wife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bachmann Bombs on Meet the Press
Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:20AM

Giggle.

Date: August 15, 2011 11:30AM

Bachmann out and out lies about "raising" 23 foster children...

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/06/18/michelle-bachmann-klie-about-raising-23-foster-children/

...If you know anything about the foster care system, you know her claim is absurd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:45AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bachmann out and out lies

Though I for sure am not a Bachmann fan, I'd call this just flowery language rather than lies. She could instantly stop any controversy (minimal or not) about this by simply changing her wording to "I cared for...".

Posted by: loony toons ()
Date: August 15, 2011 12:12PM

I heard this crazy Bachmann bitch over the weekend, ranting about the loss of morality and trying to blame Obama and the dept. of Education for the rise is Satanism among public school children. I wanted to jump thru the TV and smack her.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: August 15, 2011 12:31PM

She was a tax lawyer for the IRS. Take that, teabaggers.

Posted by: BARAk Goldwater ()
Date: August 15, 2011 03:26PM

If Michelle Bachman becomes President will she get rid of the evil rock and roll music and force all gays to go back in the closet?

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 15, 2011 03:30PM

Here's her crouching behind bushes to observe a gay-rights rally. It's my favorite.
Attachments:
crouchingBigot.jpg

Posted by: Bachmann Foe ()
Date: August 15, 2011 03:34PM

On Meet the Press yesterday, David Gregory asked Bachmann: "Why do you say no to any prospect of new revenue as you're trying to unwind this debt?"

This is part of her response & why I think she'd a dangerous idiot: "And the way that you grow the economy, then, is have a little bit more money in your pocket so that you can put it into your business, hire a few more people, pay them a little more, give them a little bit better benefits, create a better mousetrap, if you will, and, and charge less for it."

The 'little bit more money in your pocket' she's talking about would come from further reducing tax rates, which are already historically low. She's particularly talking about business owners (as if most people own a business). Her idiocy really shines through when she says that business owners, if they had more money, would; 'pay [workers] a little more, give them a little bit better benefits'.

Of course, in the real world, employers don't pay workers more or offer better benefits out of the kindness of their hearts. They do so to attract and retain a qualified, competent workforce. Under Bachmann's scenario, in the absence of wage/benefit pressures, there is zero impetus for business owners to share this additional wealth with their workers. As any self-respecting Capitalist would, the business owners would simply put that addition profit into their own pockets.

I’ll also posit that Bachmann doesn’t understand the economics behind the potential benefits to a business of translating at least some of its reduced costs/increased efficiencies into reducing wholesale or consumer prices.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 15, 2011 03:37PM

FOund you in the shot too, Panic Attack girl! :)

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Attachments:
crouchingBigot[1].jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.