HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Arabs on Craiglist
Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:03PM

What is it with these scumbags always offering like maybe 25% of the price I am asking for? This is after I list factory sealed stuff at a great discount to begin with. People with non-Arab names, white, black, asian, Indian etc. always either offer what I am asking for, or make an offer within a few dollars which is resonable. Arabs on the other hand basically want it for free acting like they are doing you a service offering $5 for a brand new sealed Xbox 360 game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Arabs on Craiglist
Posted by: DDS ()
Date: August 02, 2011 01:07PM

I'm white and I'll give you $10.

Posted by: Hassan Hassan Hassan ()
Date: August 02, 2011 03:33PM

Were you selling a camel? That could be your first problem.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: August 02, 2011 03:43PM

If you ever want to play a terrible joke on a friend/enemy/ex; do the following...

Place a Craigslist ad in DC for a Used 2004 Maxima, Excellent Condition Black on Black Leather, Tint, Tilt, Chrome Rims, Sunroof, 78,000 miles. Stereo System... $3600 OBO.

The guy or gal at the ass end of the joke will have a hundred calls in an hour, a thousand in a day.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: August 02, 2011 08:29PM

I have dealt with those people. Don't get excited. It's just their custom to bargain. It's expected in their country.they expect you to ask more than what you expect to get.

Posted by: Hank Moody ()
Date: August 02, 2011 08:53PM

It's called haggling.

Posted by: BrandonGMU ()
Date: August 02, 2011 11:53PM

The difference is that haggling is trying to knock a little bit off the price or get an extra or two thrown in, not the item for basically free. If I'm selling a brand new Sony dvd player for $75, what idiot thinks that I'd accept a $25 offer in a rude take it or leave it tone? They also get pissy as hell when you tell them that you can't just give stuff away for a few dollars that is brand new.

Odds are these stinky little pricks just go around trying to get items for next to nothing, then turn around and resell them for a much larger price.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:10AM

Just say no, you spineless twit

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:37AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWFBqiUgspg

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2015 02:41PM by WingNut.

Posted by: wally pip jr. ()
Date: August 03, 2011 07:57AM

Any Arabs out there for hire I need a new car and I hate the process

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: August 03, 2011 08:19AM

I haven't dealt with many Arabs, but I've found that Asians (Chinese etc) often show up and haggle at my house. I don't mind if people haggle over email, but it pisses me off when they show up and try to haggle after I've taken the time to meet them.

BTW, I hate that "Oriental" is somehow non-PC now and we're supposed to say "Asian." Asian can be anything, it can be Chinese, Arab, Russian, Indian, Pashtun, Kazakh, etc. It's a useless term.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: August 03, 2011 11:47AM

Indians aren't any better. My freind is a self employed HVAC Tech and said he stopped taking calls from Indians because they like to haggle AFTER the work is performed, even though a quote for the job was provided and agreed upon.

Posted by: cl-fan ()
Date: August 03, 2011 01:02PM

I should have saved this for the best of craigslist. But my all time favorite Arab story from Craigslist happened to me back in 2010. Before when I was underemployed in retail I was looking for a room to rent and I was getting tired of people not responding to my messages so I decided to post one of my own. I get a reply a couple of days later from someone named Kamal who offered me a great price to rent a room for $250 a month! I asked him how large the room was and how many other people were living there and he replied one other person, so I thought to myself "wait a minute? $250 for a room off Gallows Rd. and only one other person lives there." Well he wasn't lying there really was one other person and, yes, Kamal would be sharing it with me literally in the same room. He told me 4 other people live in the house itself but that he needed someone else to share the room with him because $500 was a little too much. He did offer to give me top bunk though *rolls eyes*

Posted by: that was funny ()
Date: August 03, 2011 03:54PM

wally pip jr. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any Arabs out there for hire I need a new car and
> I hate the process

lol

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.