HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Your thoughts on my business
Posted by: Mr Frugal ()
Date: December 13, 2007 02:39PM

Folks, I have recently moved to the area and would like to relocate my business as well. The basic idea is I handle all of your grocery shopping and guarentee you savings by using coupons, rebates, shopping sales,etc...

You get the savings of time for not going to the store as well as savings that I generate.

Anyone here be interested?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your thoughts on my business
Posted by: Lurker.. ()
Date: December 13, 2007 02:41PM

Posted by: la ()
Date: December 13, 2007 02:48PM

Mr Frugal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Folks, I have recently moved to the area and would
> like to relocate my business as well. The basic
> idea is I handle all of your grocery shopping and
> guarentee you savings by using coupons, rebates,
> shopping sales,etc...
>
> You get the savings of time for not going to the
> store as well as savings that I generate.
>
> Anyone here be interested?

So, I don't go to the grocery store, you pass on all of the coupon savings to me. How do you make money?

Date: December 13, 2007 02:57PM

I make money by keeping a portion of the savings, usually pass on 20% and keep the additional amount.

Date: December 13, 2007 03:18PM

also, Peapod charges a high delivery fee and doesnt shop around for savings

Posted by: BR ()
Date: December 13, 2007 05:14PM

So you're basically just buying groceries at a discount and re-selling them, with the delivery aspect of it being the catch. OK......

What if I specify certain brands or items that aren't on sale or you don't get a discount on? What's your markup for that? Would you even offer those items at all?

Do you disclose where you purchase your groceries from? Does the customer have any sway in saying "Well, I prefer Giant's produce to Safeway's" or "I only buy meat from Whole Foods" or do you just go where you get the best prices?

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: December 13, 2007 07:05PM

Yes, but if you go to the grocery store instead of me who is going to check out the Milfs in the produce section. Those butts aren't going to watch themselves.

BTW the Target store in Burke is loaded with hot women.

Date: December 14, 2007 07:42AM

Folks can specify what brands that prefer or what stores they would want me to shop at. However, the more restrictions they put on the less of a chance they can receive the full savings.

Those who plan out the farthest in advance usually get closer to 30% savings and the time of not having to go to the store.

As for the MILFs, I cant deliver those to your house but Im sure you can find some to order on craigslist

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: December 14, 2007 11:27AM

I think you should open a concierge service to include grocery shopping should someone request it - you would make more money.

Delivering and picking up dry cleaning, getting the oil changed on vehicles, purchasing gifts and wrapping them, waiting in line at the post office, going to an ABC store, Costco etc.., all things that you HAVE TO DO but DON'T WANT TO.

Concierge Service - that's the money maker...

Posted by: § ()
Date: December 14, 2007 05:32PM

...or you could just use the concierge services that are offered by (1) your employer (most large corporations and firms offer this service nowadays which includes dry cleaning pick-up and drop-off), (2) your vehicle manufacturer (if purchased new; specifically luxury brands), (3) your rewards membership at a major airline / hotel chain / credit card company or (4) your cell phone provider (some offer this service on a limited basis for reservations and such for a nominal fee). You pay for it anyway in some shape or form, but many don't even know these services exist.

Check your paperwork for any of the items listed above. It's like having a personal assistant, only from a variety of sources. They won't wait in line or pick-up items for you, but will make appointments, book travel and do research to help streamline your free time. -§

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 15, 2007 02:46AM

Mr Frugal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Folks, I have recently moved to the area and would
> like to relocate my business as well. The basic
> idea is I handle all of your grocery shopping and
> guarentee you savings by using coupons, rebates,
> shopping sales,etc...
>
> You get the savings of time for not going to the
> store as well as savings that I generate.
>
> Anyone here be interested?

Yes I would like 3 18 packs of coors light cans, and do you go to ABC stores? If so please pick up 5 bottles of popov. I hope you can deliver during recess.

Posted by: Mr. Fruitcakeal ()
Date: December 15, 2007 11:23PM

You fucking faggot. Men don't shop for other people.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.