HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible
Posted by: 1st Amendment? ()
Date: July 01, 2011 02:22AM

Adam "Nergal" Darski, the frontman of Polish extreme metal band Behemoth, has found himself in court over an incident involving the tearing up of a bible onstage.

According to Blabbermouth.com, the singer attended a hearing at the District Court in Gdynia, Poland after tearing up a bible, calling it "a book of lies" and labelling the Catholic Church as "the most murderous cult on the planet." The incident took place at a Behemoth show in Gdynia back in 2007.

Darski, while giving evidence as a witness, claimed that his actions were not intended to hurt anyone and that he considered the act of ripping up the bible "an artistic metaphor":

"I am a free man, living — I hope — in a free country. Although I do not publicly recognize the principles outlined in the Bible or the Ten Commandments, that does not mean that I am not a decent and useful human being."

This is the second time that the band has come to court over this issue. While the case was originally dismissed in July of last year, the prosecution was granted an appeal which has seen the band return to court. The All-Polish Committee for Defense Against Sects is the body that has filed a suit against the group, accusing them of promoting Satanism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Behemoth Frontman In Court For Desecrating Bible
Date: July 01, 2011 02:24AM

Bible destruction @ (0:40)

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 01, 2011 05:52AM

LOL at European black metal. They're EXTREME!!!

Date: July 01, 2011 06:45PM

Warhawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL at European black metal. They're EXTREME!!!

I agree. I prefer American Metal like Lamb of God etc.

Going to court for tearing up a Bible? Ridiculous...

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: July 01, 2011 07:16PM

I like how you keep using the screen name "1st Ammendment", as if that matters in a Polish court.

Date: July 01, 2011 07:35PM

tomahawk Wrote:
> I like how you keep using the screen name "1st
> Ammendment", as if that matters in a Polish court.

My thoughts exactly. As "progressive" as Europeans like to portray themselves to be, almost all European countries have considerable restrictions on freedom of speech compared to the U.S.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: July 01, 2011 07:58PM

Yeah, there's a famous French fashion designer facing jail time for making pro-Nazi statements in a bar when he was drunk:

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/28/fashion-designer-john-galliano-rants-i-love-hitler/

Look at the article and the guy's picture, he's a complete douchebag. Apparently he was ranting at a couple of Jewish chicks and trying to piss them off. In France this lands you in court. In America you get wooped upside the fucking head with a beer bottle.

Date: July 01, 2011 10:18PM

tomahawk Wrote:
> I like how you keep using the screen name "1st
> Ammendment", as if that matters in a Polish court.

Lol. Yeah, I thought about that. I don't really know what their laws on free speech are...

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: July 01, 2011 10:39PM

What a bunch of idiots. Tearing pages from the bible, or any other book is kinda silly and serves no useful purpose. This is what these dummies were going for in the first place, shock value. Their "band" (I use that term because I can't come up with any other word to describe it) has got far more attention from this than it ever would have for their "Music", lol.

I don't think they should be charged with any crime for desecrating the bible, but they should be charge with 1st degree Noise Pollution.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: July 04, 2011 09:00PM

Think you could get some good perogies in that club?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.