HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
HH Gregg
Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:36AM

Anybody like these stores? Not a fan too many salespeople who look ready to pounce and the selection and prices don't strike me as anything special. Not crazy about Best Buy but at least you don't have to worry about being hassled by salespeople for the most part

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HH Gregg
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:40AM

HH Gregg is pretty crummy. Limited selection of electronics, they seem to focus more on appliances.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: May 15, 2011 07:58AM

One time, HH Gregg told me his mom was fat. I laughed so hard that sugar and spice shot out of my nose!

Signatures are for fags

Date: May 15, 2011 08:13AM

HH Gregg is apparently trying to be a stripped down version of a west coast chain called "Fryes" - which is a fucking Mecca out there. When I have conferences in Vegas, I can easily blow two or three hours at the Fryes near McCarren airport - much better than lazing around the airline club or blowing money into low pay slots in the terminal.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 15, 2011 08:17AM

It's Frys. And, yeah, Frys is the bomb!!!!

Someday they'll get out this way. Similar to how it took forever for Costo and Trader Joes to make it to the east coast. I pray at least.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: May 15, 2011 04:31PM

HH Gregg---worst mascot ever.
Attachments:
HHgay.jpg

Posted by: Socalnative ()
Date: May 15, 2011 06:58PM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's Frys. And, yeah, Frys is the bomb!!!!
>
> Someday they'll get out this way. Similar to how
> it took forever for Costo and Trader Joes to make
> it to the east coast. I pray at least.

Frys was one scam right after another. Want to get F'ed in the ass you went to Frys. Although they did have a good selection of software. Never, and I mean never get hardware there.

Posted by: The Plague ()
Date: May 24, 2011 10:39AM

Avoid HH Gregg like the plague. In early January of this year, we purchased some kitchen appliances from HH Gregg. They had very competitive prices - and, they'd beat the prices of any local retailer on the same item (Sears, Best Buy, etc.). In our case, we saved $400+ on the 3 items that we purchased over the best prices offered by Best Buy.

Now, to top it off, HH Gregg offered us 24 months of 0% financing. Their credit is managed by GE Capital. Things seemed find and dandy. Right? Wrong !! When we received our first statement, we were being charged 29.99% interest. I contacted my salesperson and asked what was going on. He told me to come in that evening and we'd discuss the issue with the general manager of the store.

The general manager provided me with a written statement that within 3 billing cycles, the interest that we've accumulated would be "corrected" and the statements would reflect a 0% interest charge. I left feeling pretty good. I thought things were going to be OK.

Fast forward 3 billing cycles. Our recent statement from last week still reflects 29.99% interest charges and we've built up $260 in interest since our January 1st purchase. These "incentives" by HH Gregg seem to be a big joke. They might offer 0% financing. However, apparently, when they sign you up for the credit, it's at the default of 29.99% interest. Then, the manager has to intervene by sending GE an e-mail and provide a request for the said accout to be "adusted" to reflect 0% interest for 12 or 24 months. It doesn't appear that they open any credit accounts with the 0% interest by default.

With so many other competitors out there, I see no need to shop at HH Gregg. They are such a fraud. Oh, and my credit score is higher than 760, so I know I'm entitled to much better interest rates than 29.99%. Do yourselves a favor - find somewhere else to make your purchases. This company can't be trusted.

Hillary Can Be BOUGHT & SOLD by Wall St., Foreign Donors- Would Electing Someone Who is Already a Billionaire (like Donald Trump)
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:05AM

`

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 07:31PM by WingNut.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:10AM

You don't have a copy of a form from purchase-time stating the terms of the purchase and the opening of the credit line? The rate should be stated on there. The agreement should also describe terms for billing disputes, and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to tell you to go back to the salespeople. If you have that in writing I would contact GE and tell them you want the rate adjusted immediately based on the info you have in writing, or you want info on how to begin arbitration proceedings on that account.

I would consider cutting off the bleeding though and paying off the credit line.

Posted by: Ms ProVallone ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:45AM

I checked them out and was going to buy something there myself until I checked their policy 14 days to return and they charge you a restocking fee. I left and never bothered to go back. Won't see me shop there.

Posted by: sdfsad ()
Date: May 24, 2011 12:16PM

it's the same as compusa. overpriced shit

Posted by: Les ()
Date: May 24, 2011 12:44PM

Microcenter in Rockville is similar to Frys.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.