HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Don't watch Holiday Inn on AMC!
Posted by: Mook ()
Date: November 13, 2007 08:18PM

Well, I decided to watch it last year for perhaps the 25th time when I saw it listed on the AMC channel. They completely cut out a section of the movie when they do "Abraham" (Lincoln's birthday) in blackface! One scene shows Bing Crosby applying black makeup to Marjorie Reynolds face and the next minute (after a commercial) he's asking Fred Astaire if he liked the blackface routine. Apparently AMC thinks that some people might be offended by the minstrel singing and dancing act. I hate it when they decide what I should see! I will never watch another movie on this channel. It's bad enough that they chop it up with commercials but don't mess with the content. I'll buy it on DVD.

That is complete and utter censorship!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Don't watch Holiday Inn on AMC!
Posted by: gabydamage ()
Date: November 13, 2007 08:33PM

Yeah. Just like they will NEVER show the original "Song of the South". Fucking PC liberal bastards.

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: November 14, 2007 04:18PM

About the only choice you have is to buy them on DVD. Even then you have to be careful some PC censor hasnt chopped it to pieces. I have seen Amos and Andy and The Little Rascals many time, I laugh my ass off but mostly because it is so not PC.

Posted by: gabydamage ()
Date: November 15, 2007 07:10PM

Although, TVLand (don't know if this channel is still on) used to show un-edited reruns of Sanford and Son.....great example of how funny TV used to be before the PC police....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.