HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: soulstirrer ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:33PM

Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment, were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people, abandoned by your own followers, and left to die the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross so that people would not perish, but have everlasting life..

And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't need you". I can't believe anyone could deny Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:36PM

Go. Away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:38PM

soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of
> humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment,
> were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people,
> abandoned by your own followers, and left to die
> the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross
> so that people would not perish, but have
> everlasting life..
>
> And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't
> need you". I can't believe anyone could deny
> Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.


moo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 01:38PM

soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of
> humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment,
> were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people,
> abandoned by your own followers, and left to die
> the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross
> so that people would not perish, but have
> everlasting life..
>
> And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't
> need you". I can't believe anyone could deny
> Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.


Odds are there was a crazy Rabbi named Yeshua who pissed off the Romans and who got crucified. I think the bearing the sins of the the world and all the supernatural stuff came later. I mean, he's able to do all these miracles in front of his apostles and they either deny him or turn him in? Seems like a disconnect there. And don't forget Paul expected Jesus to return in his lifetime, which obviously didn't happen.

I have nothing against Jesus. I just believe what happened to him (or the person that was the inspiration for him) had nothing to do with me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 01:44PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 01:39PM

Fetus Christ be with you - always.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Lonny ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:42PM

Nothing to see here folks, just another mentally ill moron for Jesus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:44PM

Lonny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing to see here folks, just another mentally
> ill moron for Jesus.



I hear they're rapidly becoming an important special interest group

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: WTF ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:45PM

..
Attachments:
1250828672-817223-400x508-jesus-dumbass-blue_gargoyle.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: WTF ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:46PM

,
Attachments:
yB5gg.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 01:47PM

1eOmMNpn6phe44l9YVGQwWYMo1_250.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Not really ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:47PM

Lonny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing to see here folks, just another mentally
> ill moron for Jesus.


Jesus was a good guy. I like him better then Muhammed. Muhammed looked like he always smelled funny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 01:49PM

Not really Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lonny Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nothing to see here folks, just another
> mentally
> > ill moron for Jesus.
>
>
> Jesus was a good guy. I like him better then
> Muhammed. Muhammed looked like he always smelled
> funny.


Interesting. Since no one has seen Muhammed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Ekne66 ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:50PM

What brand of deodorant do you think Jesus used? I bet he stunk like shit all the time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 01:51PM

Ekne66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What brand of deodorant do you think Jesus used?
> I bet he stunk like shit all the time.


My guess...

dove-original-deodorant-cream.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:52PM

Ekne66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What brand of deodorant do you think Jesus used?
> I bet he stunk like shit all the time.


Mitchum Man all the motherfuckin way

mitchum.jpg


***EDIT***
Go with Unscented if you're considering this product based on this post. You're welcome.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 01:52PM by Gonads & Strife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Hib ert ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:52PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not really Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lonny Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Nothing to see here folks, just another
> > mentally
> > > ill moron for Jesus.
> >
> >
> > Jesus was a good guy. I like him better then
> > Muhammed. Muhammed looked like he always
> smelled
> > funny.
>
>
> Interesting. Since no one has seen Muhammed.

Not True.
Plenty of Islamist have seen and have a direct line to the Muhammed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:52PM

I wonder what happened to all the people that existed before Jesus or Mohammed...do they all burn in hell because they weren't given the good word by god's messenger.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 01:54PM

Britdrnva~ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what happened to all the people that
> existed before Jesus or Mohammed...do they all
> burn in hell because they weren't given the good
> word by god's messenger.


They are hanging out with Apollo and Ra, laughing their asses off at our misguided ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:56PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Britdrnva~ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wonder what happened to all the people that
> > existed before Jesus or Mohammed...do they all
> > burn in hell because they weren't given the
> good
> > word by god's messenger.
>
>
> They are hanging out with Apollo and Ra, laughing
> their asses off at our misguided ways.


Shit, you know they're all partying down with Dionysus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Jack Handy ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:58PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have nothing against Jesus. I just believe what
> happened to him (or the person that was the
> inspiration for him) had nothing to do with me.

Jesus is a big part of your wife's life and inspires her life. She is a big part of your life and is the biggest part of your life. Really think Jesus has nothing to do with you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:02PM

REJECTED!!
touchdown-jesus-after-the-fire.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gopper ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:06PM

Ekne66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What brand of deodorant do you think Jesus used?
> I bet he stunk like shit all the time.


Jesus stunk like shit and Muhammed ate shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: theological eesh ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:10PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not really Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lonny Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Nothing to see here folks, just another
> > mentally
> > > ill moron for Jesus.
> >
> >
> > Jesus was a good guy. I like him better then
> > Muhammed. Muhammed looked like he always
> smelled
> > funny.
>
>
> Interesting. Since no one has seen Muhammed.


Somebody had to have seen him sometime. I mean he had a bunch of kids, didn't he?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 02:13PM

theological eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> Somebody had to have seen him sometime. I mean he
> had a bunch of kids, didn't he?


Doggy style.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 02:13PM

Jack Handy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have nothing against Jesus. I just believe
> what
> > happened to him (or the person that was the
> > inspiration for him) had nothing to do with me.
>
> Jesus is a big part of your wife's life and
> inspires her life. She is a big part of your life
> and is the biggest part of your life. Really
> think Jesus has nothing to do with you?


Nope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Jack Handy ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:15PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack Handy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I have nothing against Jesus. I just believe
> > what
> > > happened to him (or the person that was the
> > > inspiration for him) had nothing to do with
> me.
> >
> > Jesus is a big part of your wife's life and
> > inspires her life. She is a big part of your
> life
> > and is the biggest part of your life. Really
> > think Jesus has nothing to do with you?
>
>
> Nope.

Well, because of your wife's influence on you, Jesus is a big part of your relationship with each other.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 02:15PM

Jack Handy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> >
> > Nope.
>
> Well, because of your wife's influence on you,
> Jesus is a big part of your relationship with each
> other.


Not really.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:16PM

It is difficult for me to try to explain, but long story short there were a shit ton of mosaics and paintings of him which were ordered destroyed and his image never to be shown again because some dick-hole ruler didn't like people worshiping an icon as the embodiment of the prophet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Jack Handy ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:17PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack Handy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > >
> > > Nope.
> >
> > Well, because of your wife's influence on you,
> > Jesus is a big part of your relationship with
> each
> > other.
>
>
> Not really.

Simply because you deny his presence in your relationship with your wife does not mean it is non-existant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 02:17PM

Jack Handy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
as nothing to do with you?
> >
> >
> > Nope.
>
> Well, because of your wife's influence on you,
> Jesus is a big part of your relationship with each
> other.


The fact is my wife isn't nearly as religious as she used to be. We both went through a "Jesus" phase early in our marriage, and I think we've both ended up at basically the same point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Jack Handy ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:19PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact is my wife isn't nearly as religious as
> she used to be. We both went through a "Jesus"
> phase early in our marriage, and I think we've
> both ended up at basically the same point.

You should ask your wife if she thinks Jesus plays a part in your relationship.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: /*Steve*\ ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:19PM

After disease, would you say religious intolerance has killed the most?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 02:22PM

Gopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ekne66 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What brand of deodorant do you think Jesus used?
>
> > I bet he stunk like shit all the time.
>
>
> Jesus stunk like shit and Muhammed ate shit.


Oh, this could get interesting.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: soulstirrer ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:22PM

Britdrnva~ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what happened to all the people that
> existed before Jesus or Mohammed...do they all
> burn in hell because they weren't given the good
> word by god's messenger.


NO. EVERYONE will have a chance to be saved. Hell doesn't exist yet. People are in Paradise awaiting judgement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Mustaffa J. Camel ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:23PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is difficult for me to try to explain, but long
> story short there were a shit ton of mosaics and
> paintings of him which were ordered destroyed and
> his image never to be shown again because some
> dick-hole ruler didn't like people worshiping an
> icon as the embodiment of the prophet.


prophet smophet, The guy was a phony and a con artist. However, any loss of ancient art is a significant loss, The fucking Islamist destroyed some great works of buddhist art carved in the hillsides of certain sections of Afganistan. Fucking barbarians just like the early Christians who destroyed valuable artwork. All guilty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:30PM

soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Britdrnva~ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wonder what happened to all the people that
> > existed before Jesus or Mohammed...do they all
> > burn in hell because they weren't given the
> good
> > word by god's messenger.
>
>
> NO. EVERYONE will have a chance to be saved. Hell
> doesn't exist yet. People are in Paradise awaiting
> judgement.


fail

"So, all that to say, the Bible isn’t entirely clear what exactly Christ did for the three days between His death and resurrection. It does seem, though, that He was preaching victory over the fallen angels and/or unbelievers. What we can know for sure is that Jesus was not giving people a second chance for salvation. The Bible tells us that we face judgment after death (Hebrews 9:27), not a second chance. There isn't really any definitively clear answer for what Jesus was doing for the time between His death and resurrection. Perhaps this is one of the mysteries we will understand once we reach glory."

resource

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:32PM

It's not that hard, really. Just say, "I reject you, Jesus," and stop going to church.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:34PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not that hard, really. Just say, "I reject
> you, Jesus," and stop going to church.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: FUCK YOU DOUCHEBAG ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:39PM

soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of
> humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment,
> were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people,
> abandoned by your own followers, and left to die
> the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross
> so that people would not perish, but have
> everlasting life..
>
> And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't
> need you". I can't believe anyone could deny
> Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.

I say fuck Jesus and fuck you too! He did nothing for me; I got where I am in life all by myself and made my own choices. I'm not gonna let some made-up douchebag in a bathrobe and sandals take credit for my accomplishments. What do you think about that, hmm? Go ride your gay bicycle off a fucking cliff you stupid missionary!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: I agree with you ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:40PM

soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of
> humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment,
> were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people,
> abandoned by your own followers, and left to die
> the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross
> so that people would not perish, but have
> everlasting life..
>
> And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't
> need you". I can't believe anyone could deny
> Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.


I more or less agree with you, but what people believe or think is pretty much their business. Let them go with what they think and you go with what you think and let it go at that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: lame of god ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:54PM

u r very very gullible. and naive. why would u even enter into this conversation if u had a serious question about belief u would watch or read some debates. u won't find what u r looking for here.


soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of
> humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment,
> were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people,
> abandoned by your own followers, and left to die
> the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross
> so that people would not perish, but have
> everlasting life..
>
> And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't
> need you". I can't believe anyone could deny
> Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: love ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:58PM

When I was a kid my parents told me a fat old jolly man drops presents off at every child's house once a year on Christmas and a rabbit hops around and leaves baskets at every kids house on Easter...ect. Well, after paying close attention in school I QUICKLY discovered that they were bull shit because it is physically impossible for one person (or animal) to travel that fast and visit billions of homes in a single night. It has been PROVEN, there is no form of transportation fast enough, not to mention a single person cannot access that many homes. There is no "magic".

Dinosaurs once lived, there are bones to prove it. People can't float or levitate, gravity is a bitch. Dead people can't talk to living beings, once you're dead, your brain doesn't function anymore, therefore it is impossible to talk...not to mention they are six feet under the being devoured by worms. If you die, there is a chance of being revived, but there is a VERY short window in which you can be brought back. If you die, your organs shut down and you will rot. This is all true, it has been studied and proven time and time again. There is physical evidence and proof.

Show me PHYSICAL proof of Jesus, or God, or Mary. You say Jesus was such an amazing person who could heal the sick and made everything perfect, right? You say Jesus is still living, right? THEN WHY THE *FUCK* ARE PEOPLE SUFFERING SO BAD EVERY SINGLE DAY? There are people that have never "sinned" a day in their life, pray all the time, and dedicate their life to worshiping and loving God and Jesus that get shit on and suffer slow, long, agonizing illnesses and injuries despite their faithfulness. Why wouldn't he help them? Why would he let them suffer and die young? Why would he allow an innocent newborn child to die in its sleep even after the child's parents had the baby baptized? When someone dies or gets sick, not only does it affect that person, but everyone around them suffers also. Why? Why do people who hurt others end up living a life free of pain and sickness?

IT'S FUCKING CRAP!

People get sick because of bacteria and get better because of medicine and the body fighting off the disease. People are in pain because something is not functioning correctly. There is PROOF of all of this. You control where you go in life, and you control you. If you get into a car accident and survive, there are a million and one reasons backed up by physical evidence as to why you survived...not because God let you live. If you can't have a baby, there are medical explanations as to why....I could go on and on and on.
My point is that there is NO PROOF, NO DNA, NO PICTURES, NOTHING. You can believe all you want, but look what happened when you were a kid and you thought Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy were real. You had to grow up and seperate fact from fiction. Guess it will take you rotting in the ground to figure that out. If there is in fact a God, tell him I said FUCK YOU. <3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:07PM

Eh, I got no hate for Jesus. He seems OK. Yes, Jesus is just alright with me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:13PM

Jack Handy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jack Handy Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > >
> > > > Nope.
> > >
> > > Well, because of your wife's influence on
> you,
> > > Jesus is a big part of your relationship with
> > each
> > > other.
> >
> >
> > Not really.
>
> Simply because you deny his presence in your
> relationship with your wife does not mean it is
> non-existant.

His wife may be the truest believer an he may not believe at all. But he gets to speak in church because he is a man. His wife can not speak in church, join the choir, or say any prayers out loud as that would disgraceful because she is a woman.

So it is written.

"As in all the churches of the saints, the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. What! Did the Word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached?" (1 Cor 14:33b-36).

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Tyson's Monster ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:19PM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His wife may be the truest believer an he may not
> believe at all. But he gets to speak in church
> because he is a man. His wife can not speak in
> church, join the choir, or say any prayers out
> loud as that would disgraceful because she is a
> woman.
>
> So it is written.
>
> "As in all the churches of the saints, the women
> should keep silence in the churches. For they are
> not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate,
> as even the law says. If there is anything they
> desire to know, let them ask their husbands at
> home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in
> church. What! Did the Word of God originate with
> you, or are you the only ones it has reached?" (1
> Cor 14:33b-36).

Not relevant. If you want to make a point about women's rights in a Christian house of worship, please start another thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:24PM

Where is Numbers? He usually is all over these Christian threads like a rabid bulldog on a piece of sirloin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: read more ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:25PM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His wife may be the truest believer an he may not
> believe at all. But he gets to speak in church
> because he is a man. His wife can not speak in
> church, join the choir, or say any prayers out
> loud as that would disgraceful because she is a
> woman.
>
> So it is written.
>
> "As in all the churches of the saints, the women
> should keep silence in the churches. For they are
> not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate,
> as even the law says. If there is anything they
> desire to know, let them ask their husbands at
> home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in
> church. What! Did the Word of God originate with
> you, or are you the only ones it has reached?" (1
> Cor 14:33b-36).


Keep reading. You'll find out how wrong your assertions are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 03:29PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is Numbers? He usually is all over these
> Christian threads like a rabid bulldog on a piece
> of sirloin.


He found L. Ron Hubbard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Jesus is my landscaper ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:36PM

this country is letting religion fuck it up

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Those poor bastards ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:38PM

I guess the folks in Sweden are all going to burn in hell since up to 85% in that country (2007 stats) are non-believer, atheist, or agnostic.

Coincidentally, they also have the 2nd highest average IQ of any country. Is there a connection?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: test bias ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:40PM

Those poor bastards Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess the folks in Sweden are all going to burn
> in hell since up to 85% in that country (2007
> stats) are non-believer, atheist, or agnostic.
>
> Coincidentally, they also have the 2nd highest
> average IQ of any country. Is there a connection?

Yes, just like the SATs are biased against african americans, IQ tests are biased against believers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Peph ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:40PM

Religion is an opiate to keep the uneducated masses in line.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: AA ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:42PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where is Numbers? He usually is all over these
> Christian threads like a rabid bulldog on a piece
> of sirloin.

he is attending his atheist support group meeting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 07, 2011 03:43PM

Is there any historical proof that Jesus existed outside the Bible? Any ancient text or document that mentions Jesus? I'm pretty sure he is an imaginary figure that was created to combat Roman imperialism and beliefs.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 03:44PM by eesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 03:50PM

soulstirrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just imagine, if you bore all the sins of
> humanity, went through fear, anguish, and torment,
> were beaten and ridiculed, scorned by your people,
> abandoned by your own followers, and left to die
> the most agonizing death- almost naked on a cross
> so that people would not perish, but have
> everlasting life..
>
> And someone just says "Screw you, Jesus I don't
> need you". I can't believe anyone could deny
> Christ. What he did for us all. He is still alive.

Sure, if you believe the story, I suppose it might give you pause.

I'd imagine that after that pause, you would have to sit there and question why an omnipotent entity had to kill himself in order to appease himself for something he set up from the beginning...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 03:51PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any historical proof that Jesus existed
> outside the Bible? Any ancient text or document
> that mentions Jesus? I'm pretty sure he is an
> imaginary figure that was created to combat Roman
> imperialism and beliefs.


I believe there were probably two or three individuals who actually lived whose various traits were assigned to "Jesus."

If you look at the King Arthur legend, there are two or three kings with various traits that are believed to be linked to the legend.

I think in these situations there is usually some kernel of truth that manifests into a mythology over time and people take the story and refine it for their own purposes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 07, 2011 03:55PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is there any historical proof that Jesus
> existed
> > outside the Bible? Any ancient text or document
> > that mentions Jesus? I'm pretty sure he is an
> > imaginary figure that was created to combat
> Roman
> > imperialism and beliefs.
>
>
> I believe there were probably two or three
> individuals who actually lived whose various
> traits were assigned to "Jesus."
>
> If you look at the King Arthur legend, there are
> two or three kings with various traits that are
> believed to be linked to the legend.
>
> I think in these situations there is usually some
> kernel of truth that manifests into a mythology
> over time and people take the story and refine it
> for their own purposes.

I think there may have been a historical figure. I don't think it's a given. During that period of history there were A LOT of messiahs. If I recall correctly, there were a bunch of Jesus' that Josephus railed against in his histories.

There were also various other 'messiah' type figures at the time. Google "Apollonious of Tyana", for instance, who came along around 100 AD, which is roughly the time when the New Testament was being written (aside from Paul's letters).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:00PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is there any historical proof that Jesus
> existed
> > outside the Bible? Any ancient text or document
> > that mentions Jesus? I'm pretty sure he is an
> > imaginary figure that was created to combat
> Roman
> > imperialism and beliefs.
>
>
> I believe there were probably two or three
> individuals who actually lived whose various
> traits were assigned to "Jesus."
>
> If you look at the King Arthur legend, there are
> two or three kings with various traits that are
> believed to be linked to the legend.
>
> I think in these situations there is usually some
> kernel of truth that manifests into a mythology
> over time and people take the story and refine it
> for their own purposes.





+1000


I think the birth of Christianity was a philosophy, a set of beliefs that didn't have a figurehead or role model. The image of Christ was born so people could have something to point at and look up to.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 04:01PM by eesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:38PM

Tyson's Monster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Radiophile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> Not relevant. If you want to make a point about
> women's rights in a Christian house of worship,
> please start another thread.

Someone else bought up his wife and Christianity. I just pointed out that even though she is a true believer, she can not speak in church.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:41PM

read more Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Radiophile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > His wife may be the truest believer an he may
> not
> > believe at all. But he gets to speak in church
> > because he is a man. His wife can not speak in
> > church, join the choir, or say any prayers out
> > loud as that would disgraceful because she is a
> > woman.
> >
> > So it is written.
> >
> > "As in all the churches of the saints, the
> women
> > should keep silence in the churches. For they
> are
> > not permitted to speak, but should be
> subordinate,
> > as even the law says. If there is anything they
> > desire to know, let them ask their husbands at
> > home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak
> in
> > church. What! Did the Word of God originate
> with
> > you, or are you the only ones it has reached?"
> (1
> > Cor 14:33b-36).
>
>
> Keep reading. You'll find out how wrong your
> assertions are.

No. I will just stop there and tell my wife to shut up in Church. What the bible is saying is pretty darn clear to me.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Donald ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:44PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > eesh Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Is there any historical proof that Jesus
> > existed
> > > outside the Bible? Any ancient text or
> document
> > > that mentions Jesus? I'm pretty sure he is an
> > > imaginary figure that was created to combat
> > Roman
> > > imperialism and beliefs.
> >
> >
> > I believe there were probably two or three
> > individuals who actually lived whose various
> > traits were assigned to "Jesus."
> >
> > If you look at the King Arthur legend, there
> are
> > two or three kings with various traits that are
> > believed to be linked to the legend.
> >
> > I think in these situations there is usually
> some
> > kernel of truth that manifests into a mythology
> > over time and people take the story and refine
> it
> > for their own purposes.
>
>
>
>
> +1000
>
>
> I think the birth of Christianity was a
> philosophy, a set of beliefs that didn't have a
> figurehead or role model. The image of Christ was
> born so people could have something to point at
> and look up to.


I believe the Jewish Historian, Flavius Josephus, in some of his works, Antiquities of the Jews, does chronical and point out a figure who he identifies as the historic Jesus who is known to us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: read more ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:45PM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. I will just stop there and tell my wife to
> shut up in Church. What the bible is saying is
> pretty darn clear to me.

It obviouslt isn't as you have not read all pertinent passages and/or you are incapable of inductine and deducrive reasoning skills.

It appears, that yes, you will stop there and remain ignorant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:48PM

read more Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Radiophile Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No. I will just stop there and tell my wife to
> > shut up in Church. What the bible is saying is
> > pretty darn clear to me.
>
> It obviouslt isn't as you have not read all
> pertinent passages and/or you are incapable of
> inductine and deducrive reasoning skills.
>
> It appears, that yes, you will stop there and
> remain ignorant.

What is said here seems pretty clear to me. Not a whole bunch of room for interpretation. And if you are saying there are other relevant passages then I guess you are saying that God is a flip-flopper and I will have NOTHING to do with you heathen!

I will pray for your soul. But you are probably still bound for eternal damnation if you don't believe the word of God as presented above.

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 04:49PM by Radiophile.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: read more ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:52PM

Radiophile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is said here seems pretty to me.


I am glad you find them pretty, but that doesn't mean you understand them.


> And if you are saying there are other relevant passages then
> I guess you are saying that God is a flip-flopper
> and I will have NOTHING to do with you heathen!


By what illogical standard to you presume to imply I indicated that God was a flip-flopper. Under no circumstances did I indicate that further passages were contradictory. That is merely what your simple brain came up with.

> I will pray for your soul. But you are probably
> still bound for eternal damnation if you don't
> believe the word of God as presented above.

That is not why I am bound for eternal damnation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Moshe Rabbeinu, Esquire ()
Date: April 07, 2011 04:53PM

This is a cease and desist notice that you are committing libel against the Christian Church and its founder Jesus of Nazareth. Please remove all derogatory comments regarding the church and the late Mr. Nazareth. The church takes these actions seriously and will not hesitate to use all legal means necessary to ensure their removal.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: April 07, 2011 06:40PM

I worshipped Sun Ra. And his Arkestra, too.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: April 07, 2011 10:02PM

Eesh and WTL, By now everyone here knows how I feel about religion (all of them). Most of the threads started about it these days are just trolls trying to stir shit up.

If someone posted an interesting topic or question related to it, I might respond, but this thread is neither.
Attachments:
godnkilling1sm.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: eesh alt account ()
Date: April 07, 2011 10:03PM

Re: Welcome, Expensive Jeans
Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: July 17, 2007 10:45AM

I am working on an erection issue....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 07:42AM

Donald Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the Jewish Historian, Flavius Josephus,
> in some of his works, Antiquities of the Jews,
> does chronical and point out a figure who he
> identifies as the historic Jesus who is known to
> us.

In fairness, most historians believe that the first of the Flavius passages is an interpolation. The second one, which refers to James the brother of Jesus, isn't necessarily a slam dunk either, since there were many 'Jesus' at the time and James is a common name.

Further, Josephus is not a first hand eye witness. His report came decades after the fact and only reflects what the Christians believe, not what necessarily happened.

All that said, I'm not sure it can just be dismissed. I take the agnostic position (leaning toward a historical figure) as I don't think either side of the historical Jesus position is particularly strong.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 07:46AM

The first written gospels appear nearly 300 years after the death of Jesus. Jesus was surrounded by illiterate fishermen who didn't write anything down. The only one who did write, Paul, never actually met Jesus when he was alive. And Paul didn't write any of the gospels that ended up in the final New Testament. Letters attributed to him were collected and used in the final Testament. There is also debate about how many of those letters actually came from Paul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 09:54AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The first written gospels appear nearly 300 years
> after the death of Jesus.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - do you mean the first fully intact gospel we have is from 300 AD? Or do you mean the gospel was created around 300AD. If it's the second one, then most scholars would disagree. I believe that the general consensus is that the Gospel of Mark was in circulation around 65-80 AD (keep in mind, this Mark didn't have the ending it currently does).

Now, that's still (at the earliest) 32 years after the purported events and Mark's intention was probably not to write history (further Mark doesn't even purport to be an eye witness).

So, I'm contesting your dating, but that's all I'm contesting (as I believe you are implying that the distance from the 'source' material implies embellishment, which i think is the case).

> Jesus was surrounded by
> illiterate fishermen who didn't write anything
> down.

I'm not sure this is the case - in that they were all illiterate. They didn't write anything down, so I concede that.

> The only one who did write, Paul, never
> actually met Jesus when he was alive. And Paul
> didn't write any of the gospels that ended up in
> the final New Testament. Letters attributed to him
> were collected and used in the final Testament.
> There is also debate about how many of those
> letters actually came from Paul.

I'm not even sure that Paul is intending to describe a historical Jesus in his letters. He doesn't mention much of Jesus's life in them. Instead, I guess i agree with Richard Carrier that Paul's Jesus was more of a spiritual figure, rather then a historical one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 10:24AM

I'm not referring to accounts of when the gospels appear. I'm talking about the first written copies only go back to 300 years after Jesus. The gospels were mostly an oral tradition for many of the early churches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Pwned for XMAS ()
Date: April 08, 2011 10:43AM

I have an entertaining story. I am fairly religious but come from a family of agnostics and athiests. My wife and I have 2 children both under the age of 10. We decided early on that we would not go the Santa Claus route with our kids, and instead focus on the true spirit of the season from a Christian perspective. This did result in a harmless incident at school one year, when our oldest mentioned around Christmas time that there was no Santa. In retelling the story to some family members, my sister-in-law, who is quite vocal and judgmental about the faith of my family (to the point of ridicule, she calls it "storybook stuff") opined that this was wrong, that there is nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa and that she intentionally keeps it going with her kids. My response was this: you mock me for believing God and while I cannot prove to you his existence, you cannot disprove it to me. As for Santa Claus, I can prove to you that he does not exist - just show me your check book for every December. She was speechless. Unfortunately, it did not help my relationship with her. In fact, it made it worse. But at least I pwned her on that one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 10:51AM

Pwned for XMAS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an entertaining story. I am fairly
> religious but come from a family of agnostics and
> athiests. My wife and I have 2 children both under
> the age of 10. We decided early on that we would
> not go the Santa Claus route with our kids, and
> instead focus on the true spirit of the season
> from a Christian perspective. This did result in a
> harmless incident at school one year, when our
> oldest mentioned around Christmas time that there
> was no Santa. In retelling the story to some
> family members, my sister-in-law, who is quite
> vocal and judgmental about the faith of my family
> (to the point of ridicule, she calls it "storybook
> stuff") opined that this was wrong, that there is
> nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa and
> that she intentionally keeps it going with her
> kids. My response was this: you mock me for
> believing God and while I cannot prove to you his
> existence, you cannot disprove it to me. As for
> Santa Claus, I can prove to you that he does not
> exist - just show me your check book for every
> December. She was speechless. Unfortunately, it
> did not help my relationship with her. In fact, it
> made it worse. But at least I pwned her on that
> one.


Funny story. Not very Christian of you. You are an example of why people are turned off by religion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Pwned for XMAS ()
Date: April 08, 2011 10:58AM

You are partially right and I felt a small bit bad about it at the time. However, it was not so flamboyent when it occurred though - I was just summarizing above what was a lengthy discussion at the time. It made her think though, if nothing else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 11:39AM

Pwned for XMAS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an entertaining story. I am fairly
> religious but come from a family of agnostics and
> athiests. My wife and I have 2 children both under
> the age of 10. We decided early on that we would
> not go the Santa Claus route with our kids, and
> instead focus on the true spirit of the season
> from a Christian perspective. This did result in a
> harmless incident at school one year, when our
> oldest mentioned around Christmas time that there
> was no Santa. In retelling the story to some
> family members, my sister-in-law, who is quite
> vocal and judgmental about the faith of my family
> (to the point of ridicule, she calls it "storybook
> stuff") opined that this was wrong, that there is
> nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa and
> that she intentionally keeps it going with her
> kids. My response was this: you mock me for
> believing God and while I cannot prove to you his
> existence, you cannot disprove it to me. As for
> Santa Claus, I can prove to you that he does not
> exist - just show me your check book for every
> December. She was speechless. Unfortunately, it
> did not help my relationship with her. In fact, it
> made it worse. But at least I pwned her on that
> one.

Actually what you did doesn't prove that Santa doesn't exist. At best it would show that Santa didn't visit your sister's house.

Frankly speaking, appealing to ignorance (ie, you cannot disprove X) is not a very compelling argument to begin with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Date: April 08, 2011 11:40AM

Pwned for XMAS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are partially right and I felt a small bit bad
> about it at the time. However, it was not so
> flamboyent when it occurred though - I was just
> summarizing above what was a lengthy discussion at
> the time. It made her think though, if nothing
> else.


If that's the case - that it made her think - then I say good for you. That's all that one can hope for in these sorts of exchanges.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: April 08, 2011 03:37PM

Pwned for XMAS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My response was this: you mock me for
> believing God and while I cannot prove to you his
> existence, you cannot disprove it to me. As for
> Santa Claus, I can prove to you that he does not
> exist - just show me your check book for every
> December. She was speechless. Unfortunately, it
> did not help my relationship with her. In fact, it
> made it worse. But at least I pwned her on that
> one.


This is idiotic on so many levels.
It's good for the kids imagination to believe in monsters and fairy tales, because we all grow out of it, usually before puberty. Yet the worst fairy tale of them all, god, seems to continue on throughout puberty and all through adulthood for many people. Why? Because it plays on our worst fear, dying.

Santa goes around giving cool stuff to kids, so at puberty, no one really cares if he's real or not. Kinda sucks not getting presents, but at least we're not threatened with eternal torment by not believing.

The difference between a "good" atheist and a "good" christian is atheists believe that doing good deeds are the truly right way to be humane. Christians do them because they're trying to suck Gods ass and reserve a place in Heaven.

The whole "disproving" argument is so ridiculous and old that people making that statement lose a lot of credibility. Not being able to disprove something doesn't make it real, it just means it's difficult to confirm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: Barfy ()
Date: April 08, 2011 03:38PM

Hey Numbers - why dont you suck a fart out of my asshole you cockgobbler!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can people reject Jesus Christ?
Posted by: pisschrist ()
Date: April 08, 2011 03:44PM

Pwned for XMAS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have an entertaining story.



no you dont.








I am fairly
> religious but come from a family of agnostics and
> athiests. My wife and I have 2 children both under
> the age of 10. We decided early on that we would
> not go the Santa Claus route with our kids, and
> instead focus on the true spirit of the season
> from a Christian perspective. This did result in a
> harmless incident at school one year, when our
> oldest mentioned around Christmas time that there
> was no Santa. In retelling the story to some
> family members, my sister-in-law, who is quite
> vocal and judgmental about the faith of my family
> (to the point of ridicule, she calls it "storybook
> stuff") opined that this was wrong, that there is
> nothing wrong with kids believing in Santa and
> that she intentionally keeps it going with her
> kids. My response was this: you mock me for
> believing God and while I cannot prove to you his
> existence, you cannot disprove it to me. As for
> Santa Claus, I can prove to you that he does not
> exist - just show me your check book for every
> December. She was speechless. Unfortunately, it
> did not help my relationship with her. In fact, it
> made it worse. But at least I pwned her on that
> one.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********  **     **  **    **   ******   
 **     **     **     ***   ***  **   **   **    **  
 **     **     **     **** ****  **  **    **        
 *********     **     ** *** **  *****     **   **** 
 **     **     **     **     **  **  **    **    **  
 **     **     **     **     **  **   **   **    **  
 **     **     **     **     **  **    **   ******   
This forum powered by Phorum.