HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Catholic Priests are 25 TIMES more likely to be a pedophile vs. the general population
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 04, 2011 03:46PM

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia suspended 21 priests yesterday for sexual behavior with minors. 21. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Also, Doesn't a suspension indicate that they will return to their post? As opposed to an expulsion or excommunication? Thats like saying someone USED to be a pedophile; like they are cured or some BS.

Rough numbers-- .00083 of Pensylvania's population is a registered sex offender as a whole. These numbers show that a catholic priest in Philly is a staggering 25 TIMES more likely to be on this list than the general population.

800 priests, 21 soon to be convicted, the numbers dont lie.. some studies show that as few as 1 in 10 sexual assaults on a minor are reported... If the number carries over, the math shows that up to 1 out of 4 priests in Philly are pedophiles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catholic Priests are 25 TIMES more likely to be a pedophile vs. the general population
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 04, 2011 03:59PM

dude, I used to live in Spokane, WA, which was apparently like a dumping ground for them since it was like 300 miles away from the nearest real city - just SICK how the Diocese used to work their bullshit:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=115701

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=26222

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=37129

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=52631

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=148910

check out these two stories, then you tell me what's up.........

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=188151
then
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=188966
look at the dates - what a buncha bullshit, eh?

and oh yeah, just to put salt into the wounds of the victims - OOPSIE!!
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=188191

meanwhile, ppl will say Im antiCatholic just for speaking the truth - like a priest taking a little boy and putting his dick up the kid's ass isnt "antiCatholic" o_0

Re: Catholic Priests are 25 TIMES more likely to be a pedophile vs. the general population
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 04, 2011 04:01PM

The problem with your statistics is one is too general to be compared to the other. A child molester will try to find work in a field that gives them access to children, like teaching or coaching or what have you. The Catholic church could probably fit into that sort of category? I also would think some of them would be men who became priests in an attempt to "fix themselves" of their desires. What I'm saying is a population of, say, day-care workers would likely have a higher number of child molesters than the general population.

Another problem with those statistics is not all registered sex offenders had anything to do with a minor.

And lastly, no doubt most if not all of the 21 are guilty, but we work on a system of "innocent until proven" and we should give them that benefit of the doubt. That they were suspended shows that's exactly the course the Church is taking here. They are no longer performing their duties but until there is a complete investigation they aren't defrocking them or whatever they do. Whether you agree with this course of action or not, this is an improvement on their past ways of handling these cases.

Date: April 04, 2011 04:11PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem with your statistics is one is too
> general to be compared to the other. A child
> molester will try to find work in a field that
> gives them access to children, like teaching or
> coaching or what have you. The Catholic church
> could probably fit into that sort of category? I
> also would think some of them would be men who
> became priests in an attempt to "fix themselves"
> of their desires. What I'm saying is a population
> of, say, day-care workers would likely have a
> higher number of child molesters than the general
> population.
>
> Another problem with those statistics is not all
> registered sex offenders had anything to do with a
> minor.
>
> And lastly, no doubt most if not all of the 21 are
> guilty, but we work on a system of "innocent until
> proven" and we should give them that benefit of
> the doubt. That they were suspended shows that's
> exactly the course the Church is taking here. They
> are no longer performing their duties but until
> there is a complete investigation they aren't
> defrocking them or whatever they do. Whether you
> agree with this course of action or not, this is
> an improvement on their past ways of handling
> these cases.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my fav quote is "this is an improvement on their past ways of handling these cases."

that's like saying that it's good an abusive parent leaves their kid in their room after beating them into a coma instead of just dumping their comatose body into a river like they did with their previous children o_0

the steps the Church is taking:

http://scienceblogs.com/dispatches/2010/04/catholic_church_still_fighting.php

Date: April 04, 2011 04:22PM

What they are doing here is a lot better than just secretly shipping them off to another parish. I'm not here to defend the Catholic Church, I was just pointing out that their steps taken as described in the OP were reasonable.

Date: April 04, 2011 04:27PM

@ Johnny - I understand that numbers can be manipulated when using statistics. I could take time, cite sources, etc etc but the reality is that it moreover lends credibility to my case. 83 out of 100,000 residents in PA are registered sex offenders (including adult on Adult, Adult on child and probably a very small percentage of child on child offenses)

If carried out; the 21 out of 800 numbers leads us to 2625 out of 100,000 priests. That is astro-fucking-nomical.

I am a staunch believer of "Innocent until proven guilty"; From a criminal justice standpoint. The problem is that the Church has no such requirements. They can choose to get rid of people for even the preponderance of guilt. This is seen in MANY professions, Lawyers can be disbarred for doing things that LOOK suspicious, even if they honestly did not commit any crime. Sales guys can get fired for looking at a job board. Government personnel can be terminated for having too much debt. The church puts these people in positions of power and should do EVERYTHING they can to save face in this quys eyes.

Yould you put a kid on a school bus if bus drivers were 25 TIMES more likely to commit these crimes.

Date: April 04, 2011 04:31PM

all I know is I'd be this dad if it happened to one of my kids:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/sections/diocese/?ID=151690

Posted by: Father Teri- ()
Date: April 04, 2011 07:45PM

this in no way excuses any priests or lessens any blame for what they did but

actually family members are the #1 offenders and commit the overwhelmingly highest amount of kid touching

#2 is public school teachers

it's the media making you think every priest is a perv.

watch for more stories to come out the week b4 easter it's like clockwork.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 04, 2011 07:49PM

JBass Wrote:
> @ Johnny - I understand that numbers can be
> manipulated when using statistics. I could take
> time, cite sources, etc etc but the reality is
> that it moreover lends credibility to my case. 83
> out of 100,000 residents in PA are registered sex
> offenders (including adult on Adult, Adult on
> child and probably a very small percentage of
> child on child offenses)

You aren't getting the point and still manipulating. You have to compare apples to apples, which means nonmarried adult males of the same age. You might as well compare priests to bicycles and say priests are a billion times more likely to rape a kid than a bicycle.

Posted by: Kurtis ()
Date: April 04, 2011 08:16PM

Father Teri- Wrote:
> this in no way excuses any priests or lessens any
> blame for what they did but
>
> actually family members are the #1 offenders and
> commit the overwhelmingly highest amount of kid
> touching
>
> #2 is public school teachers
>
> it's the media making you think every priest is a
> perv.
>
> watch for more stories to come out the week b4
> easter it's like clockwork.

Can you support these claims?

I was raped by a preist right here in Fairfax back in the 70's. It has always amazed me how fast the catholic community goes into full denial mode when you try to talk about these issues.
I got no help from the church but the snap network saved my life.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

Date: April 04, 2011 09:06PM

Kurtis Wrote:
> Father Teri- Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > this in no way excuses any priests or lessens
> any
> > blame for what they did but
> >
> > actually family members are the #1 offenders
> and
> > commit the overwhelmingly highest amount of kid
> > touching
> >
> > #2 is public school teachers
> >
> > it's the media making you think every priest is
> a
> > perv.
> >
> > watch for more stories to come out the week b4
> > easter it's like clockwork.
>
>
> Can you support these claims?

no its just something i heard but it makes sense.

> I was raped by a preist right here in Fairfax back
> in the 70's. It has always amazed me how fast the
> catholic community goes into full denial mode when
> you try to talk about these issues.
> I got no help from the church but the snap network
> saved my life.
>
> http://www.snapnetwork.org/

was it real rape or date rape? there's a big difference.

Date: April 04, 2011 09:23PM

Re: Catholic Priests are 25 TIMES more likely to be a pedophile vs. the general population new
Date: April 04, 2011 09:06PM

was it real rape or date rape? there's a big difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
sounds like someone needs to be bitch-slapped all the way into next February........

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 04, 2011 07:49PM
You aren't getting the point and still manipulating. You have to compare apples to apples, which means nonmarried adult males of the same age. You might as well compare priests to bicycles and say priests are a billion times more likely to rape a kid than a bicycle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe so, but Schwinn and Trek arent into multi-million dollar decade-long coverups of when their bikes do that sorta thing.

You tell me of when a school system has systematically hidden teacher abuse on the scale of which the Catholic Church has hidden, heck, has ENABLED child rape.

As for familes, most jurisdictions dont allow rapist parents to just get moved to another family.

That's the MAJOR point you are missing, m'man (or lady, I dunno LoLz) - the manipulation by church higher-up over the DECADES to avoid these crimes coming to light, and doing so literally ON THE ASSES OF LITTLE CHILDREN!

I mean, for God's sake - the CURRENT POPE has been cool with this policy

http://www.slate.com/id/2247861/

I'm not anti Catholic, but I sure as FUCK AM ANTI CHILD-RAPE, yo!!

Date: April 04, 2011 11:01PM

JBass Wrote:
> If
> the number carries over, the math shows that up to
> 1 out of 4 priests in Philly are pedophiles.

Based on various surveys, at least 1 out of 3 priests is also homosexual.

Posted by: Math ()
Date: April 04, 2011 11:16PM

21 out of 800 is not 1 in 4. 200 out of 800 would be 1 in 4.

As for the demographic, I'd say teachers have a much higher rate of pedophile vs. the general population.

Posted by: Jbass ()
Date: April 04, 2011 11:21PM

Math, if 1 in 10 is reported and there are 21 reports, how many toros incidents are there, reported and not reported? Hint it's 210, I will respond more tomorrow to the other posters questions and comments

Date: April 04, 2011 11:27PM

Math Wrote:
> 21 out of 800 is not 1 in 4. 200 out of 800 would
> be 1 in 4.
>
> As for the demographic, I'd say teachers have a
> much higher rate of pedophile vs. the general
> population.
-------------------------------------------------

I dunno about that - but I do know that the school system is more likely to fire a rape-teacher's ass. The church apparently has a history of just telling the kid to STFU about it :(

Date: April 05, 2011 10:49AM

@justsayin - No, comparing human beings in one profession to the general population of human beings in a given geographical area is NOT the same as comparing an in animate, man made invention (bike) to a human being. This is EXACTLY my point, I dont want to compare priests to other non married males. I am not drawing a relationship between priests and cub scout leaders or teachers. I am showing that you are 25 times more likely to be standing next to a pedophile if you are standing next to a priest than if you are standing next to the rest of the population field combined.

To show an outside example of my argument/thought process... This would be like comparing the homeless rate of Vietnam vets to the general population; Not comparing homeless Vietnam vets rates to schizophrenics (Different group but likely similar in preponderance for homelessness)

I am not trying to compare priests to Boy scout leaders, or boy scout leaders to the general population. I I am showing with tangible numbers, facts, links and math that Caothlic priests are 25 times more likely to be a pedophile than the general population.

Posted by: HOMO Blvd ()
Date: April 05, 2011 11:02AM

'JBass' wrote :
-----------------------------
> "Rough numbers-- .00083 of Pensylvania's population is a
> registered sex offender as a whole."

LINKS ?

> "These numbers show that a catholic priest in Philly is a
> staggering 25 TIMES more likely"

"these numbers" DO NOT SHOW ANYTHING ABOUT CATHOLIC PRIESTS -YOU STUPID FUCKING ASSWIPE.

> "to be on this list than the general population."

YOU HAVE THE GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE OF THE AVERAGE MORON.

'Gordon Blvd' wrote :
-----------------------------------
> "meanwhile, ppl will say Im antiCatholic
> just for speaking the truth
> - like a priest taking a little boy and putting
> his dick up the kid's ass isnt "antiCatholic" o_0

SORRY GORDON, GETTING ALL "ANTI-CATHOLIC" WITH ANON-SOCK PUPPETS AND
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT STATISTICS IS NOT GOING TO DISTRACT US FROM THE
FACT THAT YOU ARE A FILTHY OBNOXIOUS BOY-LOVING BI-SEXUAL QUEER.

Posted by: WHATAFAG ()
Date: April 05, 2011 11:16AM

'Kurtis' wrote :

> "Can you support these claims?"

> "I was raped by a preist right here in Fairfax back in the 70's."

***CAN YOU SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM ?
GIVE US THE NAME OF THE PRIEST AND PARISH OR
YOU CAN STFU & LOSE ALL YOUR ONLINE-CRED.

> "It has always amazed me how fast the catholic community goes
> into full denial mode when you try to talk about these issues."

NOBODY IS DENYING ANYTHING.
YOU ARE SIMPLY POSTING UNDER MULTIPLE ANON-SCREEN NAMES AND
PRESENTING BULLSHIT ANALYSIS OF BULLSHIT STATISTICS.

> "I got no help from the church but the snap network saved my life."
> http://www.snapnetwork.org/"

NAME AND PARISH, BOZO.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: April 05, 2011 12:29PM

When my parish priest asked me for a kiss, I asked the nearest nun if it was ok.
She told me yes, but don't get into the habit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 12:29PM by ProVallone.

Posted by: JBASS ()
Date: April 05, 2011 01:02PM

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/sex-offender-map.pdf

you can somply get the nomber of priests from the archdioces of PA's website, it is just over 800 total priests

Posted by: Correlation&Dependence ()
Date: April 05, 2011 01:28PM

JBass Wrote:
> I I am showing with tangible numbers,
> facts, links and math that Caothlic priests are 25
> times more likely to be a pedophile than the
> general population.

JBass,

Ok, so, if 1 in 4 priests is a pedophile.

And, if 1 in 3, or even possibly, 1 in 2 priests is a homosexual.

What, then, is the correlation between pedophilia and homosexuality?

Date: April 05, 2011 02:02PM

Correlation&Dependence : There is no correlation recognized by any credible source that shows homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles.

Without citing exact sources that I have read in the past, The chances of a pedophile being homosexual is in line with the general population.

However, There are also studies that show some pedophiles do not care about gender at all, not that they are bisexual but rather the acts in which they carry out have nothing to do with sexual attraction or preference whatsoever.

Furthermore, what sources are showing 1 in 3 is homosexual?

HOMO Blvd, If you can not follow the super easy arithmetic that I used to obtain my numbers, Please stop trying to disprove my case. Also, It is comical to think that I would or should treat each post as a thesis, that all grammar and spelling should be correct on every blog post on the internet. And as far as me being average; you are the one who can not follow simple math that is quite literally taught to 10 year olds. Division and multiplication. Unfortunately, my not-so-fine-feathered-friend, this puts you at the intelligence level of a research monkey.

Date: April 05, 2011 02:12PM

'JBass' wrote :
--------------------------------
> "There is no correlation recognized by any credible source
> that shows homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles."

MAYBE BECAUSE IT IS SO OBVIOUS ?
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=13722

Date: April 05, 2011 02:18PM

'JBass' wrote :
------------------------------
> "However, There are also studies that show some pedophiles
> do not care about gender at all, not that they are bisexual
> but rather the acts in which they carry out have nothing to
> do with sexual attraction or preference whatsoever."

HOW DO YOU SUPPOSE WE DIFFERENTIATE THE BISEXUAL-PEDOS FROM
THE LEGITIMATE PEDOS-WITHOUT-A-CAUSE ?

YOU ARE PATHETIC.
TAKE YOUR PRIDE AND GO BACK INTO YOUR FILTHY CLOSET.

Date: April 05, 2011 02:28PM

Your source is not credible. The people quoted are in the process of publishing their results, or are preparing a thesis for a college. Again, not a stitch of evidence.

The Council for National Policy is a Membership organization pushing an agenda; not a branch or in any way associated with any branch of our government.

The Regent University Law Review that they are TRYING to get published is listed as a tier 4 university. Hardly Harvard. And again they are NOT published.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html
http://sax.sagepub.com/content/6/1/67.short

And this last one claims that you can not be a homosexual for sleeping with a male child, you are and only are a pedophile.

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/features/explaining-pedophilia

And honestly, you are just not going to get a rise out of me by calling be pedo, fag, or anything else. I am a highly functioning grown-ass man who likes grown women. I share ideas here to enlighten and be enlightened. If you gain no probative value of these forums, honestly why are you on them?

Date: April 05, 2011 02:33PM

JBass Wrote:
> Your source is not credible. The people quoted
> are in the process of publishing their results, or
> are preparing a thesis for a college. Again, not a
> stitch of evidence.
>
> The Council for National Policy is a Membership
> organization pushing an agenda; not a branch or in
> any way associated with any branch of our
> government.
>
> The Regent University Law Review that they are
> TRYING to get published is listed as a tier 4
> university. Hardly Harvard. And again they are
> NOT published.
>
> http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_m
> olestation.html
> http://sax.sagepub.com/content/6/1/67.short
>
> And this last one claims that you can not be a
> homosexual for sleeping with a male child, you are
> and only are a pedophile.
>
> http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/features/ex
> plaining-pedophilia
>
> And honestly, you are just not going to get a rise
> out of me by calling be pedo, fag, or anything
> else. I am a highly functioning grown-ass man who
> likes grown women. I share ideas here to
> enlighten and be enlightened. If you gain no
> probative value of these forums, honestly why are
> you on them?

You could have just said "World Net Daily" and not had to go through all this research.

Date: April 05, 2011 02:35PM

U.S. News & World Report ranks Regent University School of Law as a Tier 4 school, [30] the lowest ranking within the law school category.[31] The Princeton Review ranked Regent University seventh in the country for quality of life[32] and the most conservative school.[33] The Sustainable Endowments Institute, an environmental report card, based in Cambridge, Mass., gave Regent a grade of D in its 2009 College Sustainability Report Card[34][35] an improvement from the previous year's F grade.[36]

Wow, I am like super impressed with the abundance of worthless, unsubstantiated dribble provided from your link

Date: April 05, 2011 02:54PM

DISGUSTING QUEERS Wrote:

>
> HOW DO YOU SUPPOSE WE DIFFERENTIATE THE
> BISEXUAL-PEDOS FROM
> THE LEGITIMATE PEDOS-WITHOUT-A-CAUSE ?
>
> YOU ARE PATHETIC.
> TAKE YOUR PRIDE AND GO BACK INTO YOUR FILTHY
> CLOSET.
---------------------------------------------------------------
you gotta love the guys that are so crazy about their homosexuality that they express it with rage against homosexuals at every turn

Totally Mayor James West - type post (google it if you dont know)

anyways, openly gay men dont rape little boys

wanna know how you can prove that? Stick out your pointer finger. Take a good long look at it. Then make a fist and stick out your arm all the way. Take a good long look at it. Repeat those two steps until you figure out why an openly gay man would not want to molest a little boy

LoLz

Posted by: Coweee ()
Date: September 07, 2011 05:48PM

Kurtis
Are you still around?
I had the same sorta thing happen to me at the same place and the same years as you.

I would like to talk offline about it somehow.

Hope to hear back
L8tr

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: September 08, 2011 07:30AM

Who has better smelling fingers...TSA Agents or Catholic Priests?

Posted by: Eesh the pedo booty toucher ()
Date: September 08, 2011 08:49AM

ProVallone Wrote:
> Who has better smelling fingers...TSA Agents or
> Catholic Priests?

C: eesh

Posted by: Les ()
Date: September 08, 2011 09:09AM

I worked with a Notre Dame grad who originally went to a Catholic seminary. He was around 17 or 18 at the time. He said he to leave because of all the come-ons from homosexual priests and priests-in-training. I believe he played DB at Notre Dame.

Posted by: 76 ()
Date: October 12, 2011 02:30PM

Bump

Posted by: poopstick ()
Date: October 12, 2011 02:37PM

ProVallone Wrote:
> Who has better smelling fingers...TSA Agents or
> Catholic Priests?
Attachments:
6a0105349ca980970c0120a50845c9970b-320wi.jpg

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: October 12, 2011 02:52PM

Hey brah, if you weren't allowed to have sex, you'd molest little boyz too.

So don't judge.

Besides, since when have you left-wing atheists been opposed to sexual perversion?

Are you like some new and improved breed of liberal that's somewhat sane?

I've actually been sexually molested numerous times.

None of whom were Catholic Priests, I can assure you...

I was sexually molested by female babysitters and by teachers.

I don't hear anyone bashing on them, though.

Even though the real reason many people get into teaching is just because they want to leer at juicy and firm young people all day...

And truth be told, being sexually molested as a kid isn't as terrible as everyone makes it seem.

Now, I'm not saying I speak for everyone that was sexually molested as a kid, I'm sure for many people it was a terrible and traumatizing experience in their lives.

But I can only speak for myself.

I neither enjoyed it nor hated it.

It just happened.

You're too young to understand what's really going on.

And when I had a couple sexual relationships with teachers in my teens, I liked it.

I wasn't a "victim".

I knew what I was doing.

And besides, the ONLY reason we consider pedophilia to be morally objectionable today is BECAUSE of the CHRISTIAN VALUES that we're ALL been indoctrinated with.

Posted by: KK ()
Date: October 12, 2011 03:07PM

First of all let me get this out, I don't make excuses for Catholic priests that have abused young kids/boys. I'm Catholic and it makes me really, really mad that the reputation of those priests that are not pedophiles is being tarnished. I've known a number of what i consider to be great men, who are priests. I have no idea of their sexual orientation but to my knowledge none of them have been pedophiles.

Now, to Yucky24's point:
And besides, the ONLY reason we consider pedophilia to be morally objectionable today is BECAUSE of the CHRISTIAN VALUES that we're ALL been indoctrinated with.

The ancient Greeks and Spartans had no prohibition against pedophilia. So maybe he's right.

I've certainly adopted the position that pedophilia just wrong and that anyone who practices it should be punished.

Think of this though, it was not unheard of in 18th and 19th century America for relatively young girls to get married, sometimes in early teens My mother was 16 when she got married and my father was 20, they stayed married for over 50 years,until my mother's death.

Date: October 12, 2011 03:10PM

Wow Yucky, powerful stuff. Im not left or right winged. Also, I think that sexuaql attraction to sexually mature individuals of the opposite sex is completely natrual and that our society (Christian based values) does indeed make the majority feel ashamed for this. However, Me finding a nubile 17 year old attractive is nothing close to a priest molesting an 8 year old boy.

apples and oranges. Lets put it this way, untill just over 100 years ago it would be completely natrual for a man my age to wed and bed a late teens girl, society has changed, my natrual sexual drive has not. while I know people can not change their sexual preference, it doesnt make it okay. Many people think I am sick for my views but I dont dream about diddling prepubescent boys. I think you should check the definition of pedophilia. Being attracted to a 16 yo female does not constitute this label.

Posted by: ASASASA ()
Date: October 12, 2011 03:22PM

KK Wrote:
> First of all let me get this out, I don't make
> excuses for Catholic priests that have abused
> young kids/boys. I'm Catholic and it makes me
> really, really mad that the reputation of those
> priests that are not pedophiles is being
> tarnished. I've known a number of what i consider
> to be great men, who are priests. I have no idea
> of their sexual orientation but to my knowledge
> none of them have been pedophiles.
>
> Now, to Yucky24's point:
> And besides, the ONLY reason we consider
> pedophilia to be morally objectionable today is
> BECAUSE of the CHRISTIAN VALUES that we're ALL
> been indoctrinated with.
>
>
> The ancient Greeks and Spartans had no prohibition
> against pedophilia. So maybe he's right.
>
> I've certainly adopted the position that
> pedophilia just wrong and that anyone who
> practices it should be punished.
>
> Think of this though, it was not unheard of in
> 18th and 19th century America for relatively young
> girls to get married, sometimes in early teens My
> mother was 16 when she got married and my father
> was 20, they stayed married for over 50
> years,until my mother's death.

Oh, so only Christians believe pedophilia is wrong! What a stupid idiot you are.

Date: October 12, 2011 03:38PM

JBass Wrote:
> Wow Yucky, powerful stuff. Im not left or right
> winged. Also, I think that sexuaql attraction to
> sexually mature individuals of the opposite sex is
> completely natrual and that our society (Christian
> based values) does indeed make the majority feel
> ashamed for this. However, Me finding a nubile 17
> year old attractive is nothing close to a priest
> molesting an 8 year old boy.
>
> apples and oranges. Lets put it this way, untill
> just over 100 years ago it would be completely
> natrual for a man my age to wed and bed a late
> teens girl, society has changed, my natrual sexual
> drive has not. while I know people can not change
> their sexual preference, it doesnt make it okay.
> Many people think I am sick for my views but I
> dont dream about diddling prepubescent boys. I
> think you should check the definition of
> pedophilia. Being attracted to a 16 yo female
> does not constitute this label.

Preists aren't allowed to have sex OR masterbate.

Try not having sex or masterbating for just TWO MONTHS, I dare you.

You won't be able to fucking do it, I guarantee it.

That's why they're sexing up these little kids.

Besides, boy molesting existed in all cultures and goes all the way back through recorded history.

Me personally, I don't get it either.

I just don't find pre-teen kids attractive at all.

However, a lot of people obviously do and it's just one of the darker realities of life.

I'm actually the total opposite. I'm attracted to older women.

Which, truth be told, probably has something to do with me being molested as a kid by older females...

And yes, ALL dudes are attracted to teenage girls. It's in our genes to find youth and beauty attractive because females have short fertility cycles.

The only dudes who breathlessly deny it do so out of fear of of conforming to our new social norms and taboos.

Date: October 12, 2011 03:46PM

ASASASA Wrote:
> KK Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > First of all let me get this out, I don't make
> > excuses for Catholic priests that have abused
> > young kids/boys. I'm Catholic and it makes me
> > really, really mad that the reputation of those
> > priests that are not pedophiles is being
> > tarnished. I've known a number of what i
> consider
> > to be great men, who are priests. I have no
> idea
> > of their sexual orientation but to my knowledge
> > none of them have been pedophiles.
> >
> > Now, to Yucky24's point:
> > And besides, the ONLY reason we consider
> > pedophilia to be morally objectionable today is
> > BECAUSE of the CHRISTIAN VALUES that we're ALL
> > been indoctrinated with.
> >
> >
> > The ancient Greeks and Spartans had no
> prohibition
> > against pedophilia. So maybe he's right.
> >
> > I've certainly adopted the position that
> > pedophilia just wrong and that anyone who
> > practices it should be punished.
> >
> > Think of this though, it was not unheard of in
> > 18th and 19th century America for relatively
> young
> > girls to get married, sometimes in early teens
> My
> > mother was 16 when she got married and my
> father
> > was 20, they stayed married for over 50
> > years,until my mother's death.
>
>
> Oh, so only Christians believe pedophilia is
> wrong! What a stupid idiot you are.

Yeah, basically.

Pisslam strongly encourages pedophilia and pedophilia is absolutely rampant outside of the Western/Christian world.

It's only due to our Christian prudeness, which even you militantly anti-Christian atheists were forced to adopt since Christianity is so ingrained in our culture, that you oppose pedophilia.

If it wasn't for the moral influence of Christianity, we'd all still be molesting little boys in the middle of a circual stone altar while sacrificing animals in the Gods.

Date: October 12, 2011 03:50PM

Oh and PS; since we live in America, a favorite practive of the Natives - before the Christian colonialists showed up and snuffed it out by force - was to sacrifice a young virgin so her flesh could be cut up into chunks and her blood squeezed out over crops so they'd grow better.

Hey! Let's go back to those pre-Christian days!

Posted by: ommm ()
Date: October 12, 2011 07:17PM

JBass Wrote:
> If carried out; the 21 out of 800 numbers leads us
> to 2625 out of 100,000 priests. That is
> astro-fucking-nomical.

"A Perspective on Clergy Sexual Abuse"

By Thomas Plante, Ph.D., ABPP
Department of Psychology
Santa Clara University

© 2010 Thomas Plante

The available research (which is quite good now) suggests that approximately 4%
of priests during the past half century (and mostly in the 1960s and 1970s) have
had a sexual experience with a minor (i.e., anyone under the age of 18).

There are approximately 60,000 active and inactive priests and brothers
in the United States and thus we estimate that between 1,000 and 3,000 priests
have sexually engaged with minors.

That's a lot. In fact, that is 3,000 people too many.

Any sexual abuse of minors whether perpetrated by priests, other clergy, parents,
school teachers, boy-scout leaders or anyone else in whom we entrust our children
is horrific.

However, although good data is hard to acquire, it appears that this 4% figure is
consistent with male clergy from other religious traditions and is significantly
lower than the general adult male population which may double these numbers

Therefore, the odds that any random Catholic priest would sexually abuse a minor
are not likely to be significantly higher than other males in or out of the
clergy.

Of course we expect better behavior from priests than from the average man on the
street. While even one priest who abuses children is a major problem, we need to
keep this issue in perspective and remember that the vast majority of priests do
not abuse children.

http://www.psychwww.com/psyrelig/plante.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++

AP: Sexual Misconduct Plagues US Schools [2007 article]
"There are 3 million public school teachers nationwide, most devoted to their
work. Yet the number of abusive educators — nearly three for every school day —
speaks to a much larger problem in a system that is stacked against victims.

Most of the abuse never gets reported. Those cases reported often end with no
action. Cases investigated sometimes can't be proven, and many abusers have
several victims.

And no one — not the schools, not the courts, not the state or federal governments —
has found a surefire way to keep molesting teachers out of classrooms.

The AP investigation found efforts to stop individual offenders but, overall, a
deeply entrenched resistance toward recognizing and fighting abuse. It starts in
school hallways, where fellow teachers look away or feel powerless to help.
School administrators make behind-the-scenes deals to avoid lawsuits and other
trouble. And in state capitals and Congress, lawmakers shy from tough state
punishments or any cohesive national policy for fear of disparaging a vital
profession."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Educator Sexual Misconduct: A Synthesis of Existing Literature
[2004 Study of Public Schools prepared for U.S. Department of Education]

"9.6 percent of all students in grades 8 to 11 report contact and/or noncontact
educator sexual misconduct that was unwanted" (p. 17).

"Based on the assumption that the AAUW surveys accurately represent the
experiences of all K-12 students, more than 4.5 million students are subject
to sexual misconduct by an employee of a school sometime between kindergarten
and 12th grade" (p. 18).

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Our View (allbusiness.com / LexisNexis) [2010 article]
"A federal report estimated that 422,000 California public school students would
be victims of sexual misconduct before graduation - a number that dwarfs the
state's Catholic school enrollment of 143,000."

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.