HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
old people smell
Posted by: 20somethin ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:04PM

why do old people smell bad? is it because they are slowly rotting?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: old people smell
Posted by: @NSWER ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:21PM

YES.

Posted by: Conie ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:24PM

i know what you mean.

my piano teacher used to smell like ham. It was gross

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:25PM

Die young or plan to stink

Posted by: Old Fart ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:31PM

Answer
Not all old people smell. Many old people who DO smell, however, get the smell from medications they have to take, or the old (yucky smelling) combo of Ben-gay and baby-powder. It can also come from decaying teeth, not taking baths regularly (because they can't do it on their own), not washing their clothes, and not cleaning their possessions. Another reason why old people smell is because they don't eat enough fresh food. When you only eat cooked food, toxins build up in your body, are secreted through sweat, and then emit a foul odor. The same effect could be caused by not exercising enough, because exercise helps eliminate toxins, that are then washed off in a shower. It could also be caused by moth balls, but moth balls aren't as prominent as they used to be.

Many Grandpa's I know smell like old spice shaving lotion, good quality pipe tobacco, and cinnamon tooth paste. Gandma's smell of sunlight soap, lilacs or lily of the valley purfume and fresh baked bread. And when you need someone to comfort you, they are the smells of safety. Your question generalizes and is totally unfair.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_old_people_smell#ixzz1HwsQHgar

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: March 29, 2011 12:09AM

My father in law reeks. He's old school hillbilly and not much into showering. Couple that with some prostate problems and it's not pretty.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 29, 2011 12:26AM

The only "Old people" smell I've ever known wasn't a bad smell. If you consider around 70 to be "Old", then I've never noticed any distinct or patternized smell at all. You must just be chilling around dirty people, or really old folks who aren't being taken care of.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:23AM

I gots to admit during that period when the relatives started hitting the retirement home the smell just could be well

just put a pillow over my head instead

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:10AM

I've whiffed some pretty ripe young folks too. Lack of cleanliness of the ass mouth and underarms, plus funky food add to the disgusting human smell condition.
That being said, when you age, everything negative is compounded, including body odor. Lets not forget, humans are just animals , and animals smell.

Posted by: ughspinclass ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:05AM

Had to move my bike because I was spinning a tad to close to a large woman of color yesterday. The smell was not utterly offensive just a bit off and funky. Im guessing apocrine gland perfume.* A couple of feet to the right and I was out of the stench zone. She was not older than 40 yrs.

*Studies have also shown that African Americans have larger, and more numerous, apocrine glands than other Americans.[3] Apocrine sweat glands are found only in certain locations of the body: the axillae (armpits), the areola of the nipples, and the genitoanal region.

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:45AM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...If you consider around 70 to be "Old"...

The OP probably considers 25 to be old.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: March 29, 2011 10:25AM

They do smell and I would say not smell good, I hope that I don't when I get old

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.