HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who wants to canoe down Cub or Bull Run
Posted by: Bing Hitler ()
Date: March 26, 2011 09:36PM

With all the rain lately probably turn them tranquil streams into class 3's in the next week. Bring a helmet and a chain saw. Yippee!

anyone ever done Accotink?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who wants to canoe down Cub or Bull Run
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 26, 2011 10:58PM

Can you say strainer?

Posted by: unclebenz ()
Date: March 27, 2011 08:06PM

Shoot me a PM Im down to go canoeing. I live right on the bull run creek. I have never been and would like to check it out.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 27, 2011 08:46PM

I've done the Rappahannock and the North Fork of the Shenandoah (Sans helmet, which was dangerous on the former). I think I'm ready for Niagra Falls!

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Jimmy James ()
Date: March 27, 2011 10:12PM

oh man. cub run creek in centreville after a rain is Awesome for rafting.
me and a bunch of friends used to do it all the time back in highschool.
we'd go to walmart and buy 10 dollar rafts and put in under the 29 bridge next to london towne...we float for an hour down to compton road, where we'd have another truck parked to drive us back.

100 yards downstream from 29 bridge, the terrain changes and the creek narrows and turns into downward rocky rapids. the water rushes past the rocks causing white water rapids, and you and your lil inflatable boat will be spinning around and cruising over the water rushing over the rocks..sometimes the water is so fast and strong, it is kind of scary. you have to go right after a big rain/flood..otherwise your not gonna have any fun. sometimes you feel like your on some huge rafting trip in Alaska..yes, its that good. the trip usually lasts only an hour but you just gotta drive back and do it again.

I forgot how fun that is...i might be doing this again this spring.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 27, 2011 11:55PM

Wow, I had no idea that you could do that in a creek.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Class iv ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:45AM

Large rains always bring out the large poisonous snakes that get displaced. Had to whack several with the paddle the last time we went. Use caution

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:46AM

Class iv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Large rains always bring out the large poisonous
> snakes that get displaced. Had to whack several
> with the paddle the last time we went. Use caution

Not to mention the detritus of Manassas.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.