HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Verizon now putting charge on your Credit Report
Posted by: Noah ()
Date: August 22, 2005 03:42PM

Just refinanced. Got a copy of my credit report. Verizon had a charge on my credit card. When I called to have them take it off they told me that's how they bill now. WHAT? I was furious but it is what it is. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I keep my credit report squeaky clean, and to have this on it, just infuriates me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Verizon now putting charge on your Credit Report
Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: August 22, 2005 04:15PM

why would they put a charge on your credit report if the bill was paid?

Posted by: kit.car ()
Date: August 22, 2005 05:15PM

just bough a new house, saw it on mine too... jag-offs

Date: August 23, 2005 11:56AM

I'm not sure why they are putting them on your credit report - I can tell you my account has never been late and is paid in full each time. This was seriously terrible. This will affect your credit score is what they won't tell you.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 23, 2005 12:28PM

Without giving your personal info, what exactly did the entry on the credit report say? I still don't understand why a Verizon charge to a credit card would appear on your credit report.

If you have a known error like that, the first thing you need to do is go to a Mercedes dealer or something and get pre-approved for credit. If they deny it, then you can sue Verizon for credit fraud and that you suffered from it by being denied credit based on their false information.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2005 12:30PM by pgens.

Date: August 23, 2005 02:48PM

Funny thing is I don't pay my bill with Credit Card. I write a check each month to pay off my bill - but by some greater authority, they are allowed to keep a constant rotating line item on my credit report. Customer Service said it's the way they do billing. I'm not going through a lawsuit - but if someone else would like to, I'll hop on the train.

Date: August 23, 2005 03:34PM

did this item show up on all 3 credit reports?

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 23, 2005 03:41PM

How did it show up on your credit report? Was it an inquiry, or is it an actual revolving credit account that showed up with balance information?

All of the major wireless providers will do a credit check when initiating service if you have poor credit some of the providers will require a deposit before setting up an account.

Date: August 24, 2005 07:30AM

Randy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All of the major wireless providers will do a
> credit check when initiating service if you have
> poor credit some of the providers will require a
> deposit before setting up an account.

This is what I was thinking too... something to do with the security deposit/credit check thing.

Posted by: Outtatowner ()
Date: August 27, 2005 09:19AM

Was this account a cell phone or LAN line? Because if it was a LAN line and therefore a utility bill....you get the picture. Anyway, that still sucks.

Date: August 27, 2005 06:55PM

It's "land line"... a LAN is something else.

Date: August 27, 2005 07:11PM

Okay, I can confirm this... they have been reporting on mine since March. Why they do this, or why they do it and my electric company doesn't is beyond me. I don't really care because I am current on everything, but I'd still like to know what iz up wit dat.

Posted by: Boredom ()
Date: September 01, 2005 03:16PM

They do it because it makes people more likely to pay their bills on time. If you don't they note your payment history on your credit report.

On the flip side, if you always pay your Verizon bill on time it will show that you are a responsible consumer and may cause your credit rating to increase.

Date: March 06, 2006 11:05AM

I know this is old but this was a news blurb I received today on Verizon operations ...

Verizon reports more credit information
Verizon Communications has begun to furnish customer payment history, good or bad, to credit reporting agencies in a shift from past reporting practices. The move aims to reduce the number of delinquents and assist on-time payers in developing a credit score favorable to lenders, insurers and even employers doing background checks on potential hires. In January, Verizon Pennsylvania included a notice in the monthly bill that it was furnishing the payment information to the major credit reporting agencies. Under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, the company can provide the information to the agencies, Experian, Equifax and TransUnion, as long as customers are notified. Wilkes Barre Times-Leader, 3-03-06
http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/14006235.htm

Date: March 06, 2006 11:10AM

I dropped my Verizon landline for VOIP a while back and the Verizon entry was subsequently closed on my credit report. Now that I look back at what I was getting for what I was paying I'm so glad I made the switch.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: March 06, 2006 12:22PM

Noah Wrote:
> Just refinanced. Got a copy of my credit report.
> Verizon had a charge on my credit card. When I
> called to have them take it off they told me
> that's how they bill now. WHAT? I was furious
> but it is what it is. Has anyone else had this
> happen to them? I keep my credit report squeaky
> clean, and to have this on it, just infuriates me.

Why are you giving Verizon your credit card information to begin with? F-em. I would cancel the card and not give them the new number.

Posted by: 435 ()
Date: March 06, 2006 01:02PM

they are cock sucking bastards. Boycott those fuckers and get sun rocket. No one needs a home line anymore

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 07, 2006 12:15AM

435 Wrote:
> they are cock sucking bastards. Boycott those
> fuckers and get sun rocket. No one needs a home
> line anymore

no need for a land line? you are fucking retarded.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: March 07, 2006 10:06AM

No, he could mean a home line. Maybe he uses sunrocket connected through a wireless router, all powered by a portable generator in a public parking lot in range of a WiFi hotspot.

Posted by: 435 ()
Date: March 07, 2006 11:39AM

"no need for a land line? you are fucking retarded."

No one said land line cocksucker. Go back to beating off to your mom's college pictures and shut your piehole

Posted by: kev ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:53PM

its true its 2010, ten years into the new decade, we make anti matter at labs at CERN in Switzerland and people still use landline phones LMAO now that is quite humorous...

Posted by: tc ()
Date: September 25, 2011 12:02AM

I got stuck with a Verizon bill from my ex-husband and his family, 5 lines, and a 3000.00 bill. I'm trying to rent an apartment and this is showing up as a utility bill on my credit report. When in the world have cell phones become a "utility bill"? Is there someway to fight this classification on my credit report?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.