HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Driving a Crown Victoria
Posted by: doggy sausage sticks ()
Date: October 07, 2007 12:52AM

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew about this. A buddy of mine
just bought a 2002 crown victoria from an auction. The car looks unmistakebly
like a police car, including the guard bumper, roof lights, seat dividers, strobe lights....ect ect pretty much everything minus the computer. I believe the car came from Arizona and has all the graphics minus the large shield decal on the two front doors. He bought the car for $1200 with only 70k so its not a bad deal so I was just wondering what exactly do we have to remove off of the car in order not to be bugged by the locals or pick up some stupid charge.....Thanks for any responses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Driving a Crown Victoria
Posted by: heh ()
Date: October 07, 2007 02:10AM

u cant have red lights or blue lights

only orange, and even then....

Posted by: duh ()
Date: October 07, 2007 05:09AM

I can't imagine any police agency leaving any equipment on an auctioned vehicle....?

I used to go to the Virginia State Police auction...always looking for an unmarked car (no wires sticking through the roof or the familiar blue/gray paint scheme)

Around '76 or so, I scored a '72 Plymouth Fury III...a jet black seargeant's car...with the little bitty hub caps. You talk about a runnin' mutherfucker! 440 Mopar motor hooked to a 737 Torqueflite tranny, that barked the tires on every shift. People used to shit their britches when I pulled along side in that thing!

I still got the car out back in the garage...but a '72 don't scare anybody anymore...LOL

It still runs like a scalded dog though....and surprises a lotta riceburners.

(for you afficiandos...she turned a 13.26/102mph at Budd's Creek one night....and that's FAST for bone stock!

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: October 07, 2007 08:43AM

The only thing you have to remove are the emergency lights and a siren, if the car is equipped with one. Additionally, make sure all graphics indicating "Police" have been removed.

Posted by: joe ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:55AM

You don't have too remove the lights and siren, as long as you do not use them while driving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 09:55AM by joe.

Posted by: Suburbanite ()
Date: October 07, 2007 10:55AM

The best thing about driving an ex-police car around is the fact that traffic gets out of the way and if you are on the highway and another cop sees you, they will exit at the next exit unless they are specifically going someplace. I suspect it's so regular folk don't think the cops are all congregating in one area, but when I had an old crown vic, even though it was ancient, it happened every time I was on the highway.

Posted by: joe ()
Date: October 07, 2007 04:52PM

Suburbanite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best thing about driving an ex-police car
> around is the fact that traffic gets out of the
> way and if you are on the highway and another cop
> sees you, they will exit at the next exit unless
> they are specifically going someplace. I suspect
> it's so regular folk don't think the cops are all
> congregating in one area, but when I had an old
> crown vic, even though it was ancient, it happened
> every time I was on the highway.

It is very easy to tell the difference between a P71 and a regular Crown Victoria. Anyway, people are looking for Cron Victorias so much, that they forget about the Chevy Impalas and Dodge Chargers that the police use.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 07, 2007 05:29PM

joe Wrote:
> You don't have too remove the lights and siren, as
> long as you do not use them while driving.

you are an idiot if you honestly believe that.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: October 07, 2007 05:58PM

I've always wanted to get a car from a police auction, I mean just the nostaglia that car must have been through.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: October 07, 2007 06:39PM

Old Police cars can live a LONG life due to their heavy duty parts. I remember a guy over in Burke back in the 80's had a late 70's Mopar cop car. It was VERY COOL. Do not confuse that guy with the one with the dark blue 80's Mopar cop car in the same area...

P71 Interceptors are indeed tough cars! Fairly easy to tell though which are civillian models and which are not.

And a civillian model:

Posted by: Space Ghost ()
Date: October 07, 2007 07:15PM

I don't see any difference in those pictures aside from the wheels and the paint colors.

Date: October 07, 2007 07:42PM

Space Ghost Wrote:
> I don't see any difference in those pictures aside
> from the wheels and the paint colors.

The first two are P71 Interceptors with SAP, or Street Appearance Pkg. The third is a P71 with honeycomb grill.

The 4th one is a CV LX civillian model and the last one is an LX Sport.

There are items specific to a P71 - you have to know what to look for ;-)

Date: October 08, 2007 04:35AM

If anyone can explain how to post a picture, I will post of the car we got.
It is very easy to tell civilian vs p71s. Tint and strobe lights are a give away. P71 will never put a license plate cover or a dealer tag cover. Hubcaps are a dead giveaway. Seat divider, in some cases. At night you can see the computer shine from a mile away. All these things you can buy though. We are thinking of sending the car to the famous Maaco known for shitty paint jobs that bubble the same night and getting it all black. Do the classy unmark car theme with the honeycomb grill and keep the grill strobe lights.
I saw a second generation crown vic in burgundy red. The car looked like it was just buffed and even the rubber was sprayed to shine. I got to the car and it was a fairfax CITY cop..... Tranny seems to be the biggest issue with these cars.Thank AAmco

P.S. ffxn8v know how to navigate EBAy :) Your P71s seem to be missing the side search light

Date: October 08, 2007 04:44AM

Date: October 08, 2007 09:18AM

That Dodge Charger is pretty sick. But getting on topic, I remember there was a correlation between the chances you can get away in a police pursuit dependent on what car you are driving. Looking at the statistics for a Crown Vic., 74% of crime suspects that were driving were able to get away from the police or at least elude for a few hours, in 2003-2005 range. The formula for successful evasion(x = c/6.3 * 19) C is for car, which would be Crown Vic. equaling 20 cs.
Overall, if you're gonna steal a car or try to make a run from the law, why not get a close replica of what they themselves are driving I ask you.

Date: October 08, 2007 09:33AM

well if you are going to steal a car, why steal a replica when you have a garage full of the real thing by the court, the irony and convinience would be almost dreamed about. But seriously browse around take your time. Steal the fire dept. crown vic.....they will never know

Date: October 08, 2007 10:19AM

joe Wrote:
> You don't have too remove the lights and siren, as
> long as you do not use them while driving.

As Gravis indicated, you are wrong. Pay attention to the keyword in these code sections: Equipped.

§ 46.2-1022. Flashing blue, red and blue, blue and white, or red, white and blue warning lights.

Certain Department of Military Affairs vehicles and certain Virginia National Guard vehicles designated by the Adjutant General, when used in state active duty to perform particular law-enforcement functions, Department of Corrections vehicles designated by the Director of the Department of Corrections, and law-enforcement vehicles may be equipped with flashing, blinking, or alternating blue, blue and red, blue and white, or red, white, and blue combination warning lights of types approved by the Superintendent.

§ 46.2-1023. Flashing red or red and white warning lights.

Fire apparatus, forest warden vehicles, ambulances, rescue and life-saving vehicles, vehicles of the Department of Emergency Management, vehicles of the Department of Environmental Quality, vehicles of county, city, or town Departments of Emergency Management, vehicles of the Office of Emergency Medical Services, animal warden vehicles, and vehicles used by security personnel of the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, Bassett-Walker, Inc., Tultex Corporation, the Winchester Medical Center, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Wallops Flight Facility, and, within those areas specified in their orders of appointment, by special conservators of the peace and policemen for certain places appointed pursuant to §§ 19.2-13 and 19.2-17 may be equipped with flashing, blinking, or alternating red or red and white combination warning lights of types approved by the Superintendent.

§ 46.2-1060. Illegal sirens, whistles, etc.; unlawful use of warning devices; exceptions.

It shall be unlawful for any vehicle to be equipped with or for any person to use on any vehicle any siren or exhaust, compression or spark plug whistle, or horn except as may be authorized in this title. It shall be unlawful for any vehicle operated on a public highway to be equipped with any warning device that is not of a type that has been approved by the Superintendent. It shall further be unlawful for any person at any time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable warning or to make any unnecessary or unreasonably loud or harsh sound by means of a horn or other warning device. However, vehicles of common carriers or extraordinarily large and heavy vehicles may be equipped with such type of warning device as the Superintendent may require or permit.

Notwithstanding the provisions of this article, a siren, bell, or supplemental horn may be used on a vehicle as a noisemaker for an alarm system if the device is installed so as to prohibit actuation of the system by the driver while the vehicle is in motion.

Posted by: INNGMA ()
Date: October 08, 2007 12:33PM

If you like CV's look at these:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/

Some are installing mods to boost HP.

Posted by: dwi ()
Date: October 08, 2007 12:45PM

Y don't you go to the police station and ask them, instead of coming on to this dumb website and asking these dumb a$$ donkeys. people on this site don't know jack!

Date: October 08, 2007 03:36PM

doggy sausage sticks Wrote:
> If anyone can explain how to post a picture, I
> will post of the car we got.

>
> P.S. ffxn8v know how to navigate EBAy :) Your P71s
> seem to be missing the side search light

Posting a pic is easy:

Take your pic. and upload it to a free site like photobucket, etc.

Copy the image properties and insert them in between "img tags"

Re: side search lights - P71's do not have to have side search lights. In fact, they can be ordered with none, one, or both sides in either chrome, or black.

I hope this helps.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: October 08, 2007 03:56PM

or register and attach a file

Date: October 09, 2007 08:41PM

yup yup
Attachments:
e5cc_4.jpg
e62e_4.jpg
e641_4.jpg

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:09PM

Nice. I believe the only thing you have to remove are the blue and red lights. Not sure about the white spotlight on the window.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:39PM

Wow. I cannot fathom why any law enforcement agency would sell you an old cruiser still equipped with emergency lights and siren. Unbelievable!

You DEFINTELY must remove all the lights, siren, etc or you will run into a TON of trouble and possibly get arrested.

Shrute cited the correct state code sections above and he is absolutely correct.

It appears as though any markings indicating "POLICE" have been removed. Make certain that you have nothing on that vehicle with the word "police." Here is the code section:

§ 18.2-175. Unlawful wearing of officer's uniform or insignia; unlawful use of vehicle with word "police" shown thereon.

No person, not such an officer as is referred to in § 19.2-78, shall wear any such uniform as is designated pursuant to the provisions of such section or wear an insignia or markings containing the Seal of the Commonwealth or the insignia of any such officer's uniform, nor shall any person not such an officer, or not authorized by such officer, or not authorized by the military police of the armed forces or of the National Guard, or not authorized by the military police of other governmental agencies, use or cause to be used on the public roads or highways of this Commonwealth, any motor vehicle bearing markings with the word "police" shown thereon. However, the prohibition against wearing an insignia or markings containing the Seal of the Commonwealth shall not apply to any certified firefighter or to any certified or licensed emergency medical personnel. Any violation of this section shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor

Date: October 10, 2007 12:28AM

Well, tell you what , its the best 1200 we have ever spent. The word police is
no where to be found on the car. Light fully work though , you can even choose a different combination of the way the lights light up. We drove back up here from Philly with a couple of our buddies in the back seat "arrested". The look on peoples face when they saw all of us with the windows down ,blasting rock was histarical. We drove by a few state cruisers without a problem, didnt get bothered all the way back here. Awesome car. I know this is going to sound like a beggining of a real bad felony but it was tempting to light that thing up and do 90 mph all the way home.

This was kind of strange though and maybe this is a total coinsidence but correct me if I am wrong and pardon my spelling as I a, having a few beers . I noticed 2 different unmarked cars strolling by today in our apartment complex. Both of them unmarked , one an impala and the other is a crown vic. I believe I have sen the crown victoria before as it may be the parking enforcement car and I seen sheriffs here all the time as I still live in Fairfax county but my address still reads Alexandria and this place is somewhat crime effected. I figured the impala is a sheriffs car even though it is unmarked. When I went down to a seven eleven before hitting the gym I noticed a undercover taurus sitting on the corner with the lights off. I was driving my normal car but we made an eye contact a few times. When I got to the gym I passed a guy that was on the cell phone that said" he just entered the gym" or at least I THINK thats what he said. He looked very skinny with a duffle bag but I have never seen him before in my gym as I do workout 6 days a week and can pretty much tell exactly who will be there down to the last person. When I got home I got a private call at around 11pm but I wasmt around to pick it up. IS ALL THIS JUST A WEIRD COINCIDENSE OR DO I HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT?

Date: October 10, 2007 12:32AM

is there any way to check if you are in deep shit online ro anything like that> I want to think that this is nothing and this is just a weird coincidense but its just really unusuall for all this to happen in one day, at least for me.

Date: October 10, 2007 01:39AM

> is there any way to check if you are in deep shit
> online ro anything like that>

when you are in deep shit, you will know it because you will be wearing handcuffs.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 10, 2007 06:29AM

Hm you do bring up a good point.....lol

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: October 10, 2007 07:06AM

> This was kind of strange though and maybe this is
> a total coinsidence but correct me if I am wrong
> and pardon my spelling as I a, having a few beers
> . I noticed 2 different unmarked cars strolling by
> today in our apartment complex. Both of them
> unmarked , one an impala and the other is a crown
> vic. I believe I have sen the crown victoria
> before as it may be the parking enforcement car
> and I seen sheriffs here all the time as I still
> live in Fairfax county but my address still reads
> Alexandria and this place is somewhat crime
> effected. I figured the impala is a sheriffs car
> even though it is unmarked. When I went down to a
> seven eleven before hitting the gym I noticed a
> undercover taurus sitting on the corner with the
> lights off. I was driving my normal car but we
> made an eye contact a few times. When I got to the
> gym I passed a guy that was on the cell phone that
> said" he just entered the gym" or at least I THINK
> thats what he said. He looked very skinny with a
> duffle bag but I have never seen him before in my
> gym as I do workout 6 days a week and can pretty
> much tell exactly who will be there down to the
> last person. When I got home I got a private call
> at around 11pm but I wasmt around to pick it up.
> IS ALL THIS JUST A WEIRD COINCIDENSE OR DO I HAVE
> ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT?

If you are that paranoid, I'd suggest contacting the police about the matter
yourself. First, by phone, and then by e-mail, in order to demonstrate
"good faith" on your part. Id say your paranoia may be justified, but with
fairly recent incidents in the area in which an occasional IDIOT tries
to impersonate police officers and pull women over with criminal intent, it
would be in your own best interest to CYA quick! Just MHO.

Date: October 10, 2007 10:17AM

I would chalk it up to strange coincidense.

Next time I'm waiting for someone and bored I may sit outside of build with my cellphone and say "He is entering the building right now" as people enter for fun.

Date: October 10, 2007 10:19AM

oh wow.. thats an awesome idea

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: October 10, 2007 10:32AM

where did you get the actual car?

PM me with auction info. thansk!

Date: October 10, 2007 01:04PM

uhm ebay, but we contacted the people and for an address and went to check the place out. It looked legit. It looked like a big warehouse with some old different types of crown victorias plus a lot of seized cars. They have been in business with ebay for over 2 years with over 500 positive feedback so I really doubt that they are a scam and yes all of that feedback is selling cop cars and seized cars

Date: October 10, 2007 01:21PM

yeah, I found them on ebay.

so, is there a big selection of late model years vics?

How many miles on the one u got?

Date: October 10, 2007 01:43PM

I dont know go check it out, I just saw that they have alot. Now that I think about I dont see a reason why they would so called "spy on me" I live at the address that is on my licnse and the car doesnt even belong to me but my friend did come over a few times in this car. If they really wanted to talk to me they could just come to my house

Date: October 10, 2007 03:14PM

you think a lot of the drunk people piss in teh back seat?

..just a thought..

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 10, 2007 03:25PM

Listen to the police scanner:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/wiki/Scanner

Date: October 10, 2007 08:18PM

If this is really the one you bought, I would strongly consider removing the light bar and front bar lights.

Some may call it paranoia, I would say you have reason to worry. Seriously.

Date: October 10, 2007 08:42PM

well like I said the car is not mine , its my friend who keeps it in the garage of his townhouse. I am sure I have been seen with him driving around but I am not really concerned. If they wanted to talk to me , I am sure they would be at my door by now

Date: October 10, 2007 09:04PM

> well like I said the car is not mine , its my
> friend who keeps it in the garage of his
> townhouse. I am sure I have been seen with him
> driving around but I am not really concerned. If
> they wanted to talk to me , I am sure they would
> be at my door by now

If you want one of your own, now is your chance! A 2008 with only 000011 miles on it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Crown-Victoria-Police-Interceptor-P71-11-miles_W0QQitemZ270174684640QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6227QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Date: October 10, 2007 10:14PM

nicee

man, its year 2007, and controls are still so 1990's on that car.

Date: October 10, 2007 10:26PM

Surprised it is only a 4.6, TA's have a 5.8 I guess they also want good gas mileage too.

Date: October 10, 2007 11:48PM

I've made this kind of post before and will do it again to support the police officers of this nation. Except I'm too lazy to type it all again, but they really need to change to a different make/model. I've done research and the CRown Vic has caused many uncessary accidents and deaths, whether due to it's arrogantly placed fuel cell or just overall failness; there are far better options. But terms in of a civilian car, I think it's alright. Nothing my yoda can't dust though.

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: October 11, 2007 08:15AM

Most of you people are idiots especially the so called researcher. The crown vic is the safest ford built. It is also obvious you know nothing about the crown vic.

Date: October 11, 2007 10:19AM

the fuel tank issue was addressed long time ago I believe...

Date: October 14, 2007 10:21AM

What is confusing about this???? You are going to be very screwed as soon as that car is driven on a public highway.

Schrute Wrote:

> § 46.2-1022. Flashing blue, red and blue, blue and
> white, or red, white and blue warning lights.
>
> Certain Department of Military Affairs vehicles
> and certain Virginia National Guard vehicles
> designated by the Adjutant General, when used in
> state active duty to perform particular
> law-enforcement functions, Department of
> Corrections vehicles designated by the Director of
> the Department of Corrections, and law-enforcement
> vehicles may be equipped with flashing, blinking,
> or alternating blue, blue and red, blue and white,
> or red, white, and blue combination warning lights
> of types approved by the Superintendent.
>
> § 46.2-1023. Flashing red or red and white warning
> lights.
>
> Fire apparatus, forest warden vehicles,
> ambulances, rescue and life-saving vehicles,
> vehicles of the Department of Emergency
> Management, vehicles of the Department of
> Environmental Quality, vehicles of county, city,
> or town Departments of Emergency Management,
> vehicles of the Office of Emergency Medical
> Services, animal warden vehicles, and vehicles
> used by security personnel of the Newport News
> Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, Bassett-Walker,
> Inc., Tultex Corporation, the Winchester Medical
> Center, the National Aeronautics and Space
> Administration's Wallops Flight Facility, and,
> within those areas specified in their orders of
> appointment, by special conservators of the peace
> and policemen for certain places appointed
> pursuant to §§ 19.2-13 and 19.2-17 may be equipped
> with flashing, blinking, or alternating red or red
> and white combination warning lights of types
> approved by the Superintendent.
>
> § 46.2-1060. Illegal sirens, whistles, etc.;
> unlawful use of warning devices; exceptions.
>
> It shall be unlawful for any vehicle to be
> equipped with or for any person to use on any
> vehicle any siren or exhaust, compression or spark
> plug whistle, or horn except as may be authorized
> in this title. It shall be unlawful for any
> vehicle operated on a public highway to be
> equipped with any warning device that is not of a
> type that has been approved by the Superintendent.
> It shall further be unlawful for any person at any
> time to use a horn otherwise than as a reasonable
> warning or to make any unnecessary or unreasonably
> loud or harsh sound by means of a horn or other
> warning device. However, vehicles of common
> carriers or extraordinarily large and heavy
> vehicles may be equipped with such type of warning
> device as the Superintendent may require or
> permit.
>
> Notwithstanding the provisions of this article, a
> siren, bell, or supplemental horn may be used on a
> vehicle as a noisemaker for an alarm system if the
> device is installed so as to prohibit actuation of
> the system by the driver while the vehicle is in
> motion.

Date: October 14, 2007 10:23AM

Kiev Wrote:
> the fuel tank issue was addressed long time ago I
> believe...

Poor attempts have been made by ford. The final solution has been to insert a Kevlar box in the trunk which will hopefully prevent the contents of the trunk and/or parts of the car from piercing the fuel cell, which is the origin of the problem.

Posted by: ffxnv ()
Date: October 14, 2007 01:31PM

Schrute Wrote:
> Kiev Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the fuel tank issue was addressed long time ago
> I
> > believe...
>
> Poor attempts have been made by ford. The final
> solution has been to insert a Kevlar box in the
> trunk which will hopefully prevent the contents of
> the trunk and/or parts of the car from piercing
> the fuel cell, which is the origin of the problem.

The kevlar "box" is one aspect of addressing the matter. Also a new CVPI comes with a warning label on the dash to align objects sideways in the trunk vs. pointing in line with it so if hit in the rear, it would not puncture the tank. The tank itself was redesigned and there is a plate under it.

The CV's are rated the best in class for crash tests and have been tested to a rear impact of 85mph. No other car can say that.

Posted by: pclark ()
Date: October 14, 2007 05:18PM

a friend of mine has one and has gotten pulled over for impersonation so many times its not even funny...all he has is the little police interceptor badge and the light on the a-pillar and thats all...and thats one way to tell a cop car too...if theres like a little balck piece on the a-pillar (the frame aorund the front windshield...most likely its a cop...also the 98' p71 all have chrome..98 and under black rims...also they ride alot lower than stock crown vis...look on wikipedia...its a benift to those of us with heavy right feet

Date: October 14, 2007 05:30PM

pclark Wrote:
> a friend of mine has one and has gotten pulled
> over for impersonation so many times its not even
> funny...all he has is the little police
> interceptor badge and the light on the a-pillar
> and thats all

then maybe he should stop impersonating a cop

Date: October 14, 2007 06:17PM

Gravis Wrote:
> pclark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > a friend of mine has one and has gotten pulled
> > over for impersonation so many times its not
> even
> > funny...all he has is the little police
> > interceptor badge and the light on the a-pillar
> > and thats all
>
> then maybe he should stop impersonating a cop

Search lights and a FACTORY "Police Interceptor" badge are not "impersonating anything - if so, most cabs would be guilty. I am thinking that there is MORE to that story that stated...

Also, for the person who stated the way to tell a cruiser has a telltale search light, not always!

Posted by: pclark ()
Date: October 15, 2007 08:35PM

if u see a black mark on the a-pillar its def a p71

Date: October 15, 2007 08:42PM

I was thinking the other day about why cops didn't pull over your buddy when he was driving the car on the main interstate. It dawned on me that maybe the cops thought the car was being delivered to some place.

Date: October 16, 2007 01:43PM

maybe just a coicidence, but in the pictures on teh 1st page: all the p71's have the strip going across the bumper, whereas the civilian models only have the indent where the strip would be.

or all the civ models have painted door handles, when the P71s have black plastic...

the civ models pictured have the keypad (whether or not its just the option they chose), but i doubt cops would ever put a keypad on..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 01:47PM by bdimag.

Date: October 16, 2007 03:48PM

bdimag Wrote:
> maybe just a coicidence, but in the pictures on
> teh 1st page: all the p71's have the strip going
> across the bumper, whereas the civilian models
> only have the indent where the strip would be.
>
> or all the civ models have painted door handles,
> when the P71s have black plastic...
>
> the civ models pictured have the keypad (whether
> or not its just the option they chose), but i
> doubt cops would ever put a keypad on..

It is a coincidence.

Here is another pic of p71
(2005)

(2007)

If the car had SAP (Street Appearance Pkg) it would have full wheel covers, chrome grille, chrome door handle surrounds, chrome taillight surrounds and painted rear valance.

The cars above do not have SAP

Posted by: Kar ()
Date: July 02, 2011 03:00PM

Hey all

I happen to own a 99 P71. Traded it off craigslist he got my 87 Camaro. I love the way Crown drives,that smooth sound, Awesome appearance, This one has no lights,no markings,interior has been totally converted to Grand Marquis style so super comfortable, It used to have puck antenna got 2 small marks on the hood but that's about it. It does not have any emblem. I just ordered the Honeycomb Grille cause now it has the Chrome Grille.

Colour of car is Dark green but evening it more appears to be Black and same goes for the night. I live in Vancouver BC Canada..........
Attachments:
DSC01541.JPG
DSC01540.JPG

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: July 04, 2011 11:48PM

Even though he's in Prince William County, check out Rudy's in Nokesville. He's been selling old police cruisers for years.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.