HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Oscar Nominations
Date: January 25, 2011 09:58AM

Why the fuck did they ever go to 10 Nominations for "Best Picture." I mean, remember when the pickings of good pictures were so few that "Ghost" was nominated? Or "The Full Monty?" Or "Little Miss Sunshine?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oscar Nominations
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 25, 2011 10:19AM

The whole premise is to increase the number of nominations to include some really good summer "mainstream" flicks such as The Dark Knight. That's what America wants evidentially - more Avatar and Batman and less Like Water for Chocolate or My Left Foot (shit that NOBODY sees).

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 25, 2011 07:07PM

Jack Ass 3D should have got Best Pic. Secretariat was good and will soon be released on DVD.Did it get any noms? I haven't been to the theatre in well over a year.There just isn't anything worth the hassle. James Cameron is a faggot so he sucks. I'll have to check out Water for Choc. and My left Foot.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 25, 2011 07:08PM

2 or 3 years ago.

FWIW, the King's Speech is terrific....

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 25, 2011 07:28PM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 or 3 years ago.
>
> FWIW, the King's Speech is terrific....
looks good i'll get it

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: January 25, 2011 08:12PM

I haven't seen the King's Speech yet, will watch it soon. I thought this year the films were kind of slim in terms of what I'd call great. Jackass was definitely great...I mean honestly Toy Story 3..wtf!

Another kind of WTF nomination was Kyndontas (Greek for Dog Tooth) it was a kind of fucked up film - never would have thought that film would be nominated.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.