HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pain in knee.
Posted by: bothersome ()
Date: January 23, 2011 01:45PM

I have this chronic pain in the back (posterior) area of my knee (patella). It is very stiff and painfull in the AM and seems to work its way out or limber up as the day goes on. I have an appointment with phys. however is anyone familiar with that> Could it be a hamstring?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pain in knee.
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 23, 2011 02:13PM

Could be a strained tendon. I've got some frontal knee pain. Found out it's a partially torn meniscus. It hurts, but not enough to warrant dipping into the out of pocket deductible to get it fixed.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: January 23, 2011 03:52PM

I've always had somewhat tender knees, so I always take great care when building up the amount of weight I do with leg exercises. I was really dumb about it for the first two years of hitting the weights hard (It had been years since I had done any real weights at that point). My issue has always been the front of the knees, though.

I think Warhawk has a good assessment of your situation. Stiffness that works itself out is most likely a muscle related issue. My best advice is to always take a break with whatever muscle is bothering you, and make liberal use of a heating pad at the site of pain. If you can, whenever you're sitting around keep the affected area in contact with a heating pad. That's the best solution I've ever had for muscle issues. You might need a brace type bandage if it's really severe, but use that in conjunction with a heating pad.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Phil Ayshio ()
Date: January 24, 2011 11:26AM

I think I might know the cause of your pained knee. Any chance your mouth hurts too?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.