HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Democrat Leadership calls for end of talk radio
Posted by: PDS ()
Date: January 18, 2011 06:37PM

Congressman James Clyburn, the number 2½ man in the House democrat leadership has called for a reinstatement of the "Fairness" doctrine to shut down the "hate speech" and "violent rhetoric" that contributed to the "Tragedy in Tucson".

Funny how the MSM has been beating the drums of these lies for over a week and now, miraculously, the congressional democrats call for shutting up those who oppose their agenda by repeating the lies of the media and tying the AZ shooting to conservative talk radio. This should scare any patriotic American. If the republican congress was talking about shutting down MSDNC, I would be equally appalled.

This is exactly what folks like Limbaugh and Beck said would happen. Lo and behold, it does. The leftists can not win in the open arena of ideas, so they try and use the force of the police state of the federal government to control the flow of information and shut down dissent. Mao would be proud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Democrat Leadership calls for end of talk radio
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: January 18, 2011 06:59PM

This is legislation that will go nowhere and will be opposed by even a lot of dems.

It's a publicity stunt and a fundraising ploy.

Date: January 18, 2011 07:00PM

Ironically, it may become a bigger fundraiser and rallying cry for conservatives. Clyburn is a pompous ass.

Posted by: David Duke ()
Date: January 18, 2011 07:24PM

If Liberals want to blame so-called Conservative Talk Radio for the psychotic rampage in Arizona. Then they'll have to blame themselves even more, because it was an extremist far left monopoly of newspaper and television media that Spawned the Void in the public's need or desire for a 'neo-objective' fact-checking or alternative to the one-way bullshit that the liberals were trying to force feed everybody. And so, the birth of, Rush Limpballs. :) and Neato Nazis :)

I hear, and obey. Hail Rush! The Magic Dragon (as in KKK)! :) :) :) Goose-step That's Goose-step, to the Music :)

Thanks DAN! :)

Posted by: Headphones ()
Date: January 18, 2011 07:29PM

They're just mad because Air America flopped.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: January 18, 2011 08:07PM

I generally detest the notion of enforced freedoms, because they only conform to the ideals of whoever happens to be in power at the moment.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: January 18, 2011 11:50PM

Stupidist idea ever; All this does is give more fodder to the extremists who already inhabit or listen to political talk radio.

Posted by: themuse ()
Date: January 18, 2011 11:56PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is legislation that will go nowhere and will
> be opposed by even a lot of dems.

+1 liberals have wanted to smother talk radio for years. always have, always will.

yeefuckinghaw

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:00AM

themuse Wrote:

> +1 liberals have wanted to smother talk radio for
> years. always have, always will.

haha Aren't you supposed to be liberal themuse? flip flop flip flop

Posted by: themuse ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:03AM

eesh Wrote:
> themuse Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > +1 liberals have wanted to smother talk radio
> for
> > years. always have, always will.
>
>
>
> haha Aren't you supposed to be liberal themuse?
> flip flop flip flop

just stating the facts, punkin'.

yeefuckinghaw

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: January 19, 2011 06:35AM

PDS Wrote:
> Congressman James Clyburn, the number 2½ man in
> the House democrat leadership has called for a
> reinstatement of the "Fairness" doctrine to shut
> down the "hate speech" and "violent rhetoric" that
> contributed to the "Tragedy in Tucson".
>
> Funny how the MSM has been beating the drums of
> these lies for over a week and now, miraculously,
> the congressional democrats call for shutting up
> those who oppose their agenda by repeating the
> lies of the media and tying the AZ shooting to
> conservative talk radio. This should scare any
> patriotic American. If the republican congress
> was talking about shutting down MSDNC, I would be
> equally appalled.
>
> This is exactly what folks like Limbaugh and Beck
> said would happen. Lo and behold, it does. The
> leftists can not win in the open arena of ideas,
> so they try and use the force of the police state
> of the federal government to control the flow of
> information and shut down dissent. Mao would be
> proud.

See, this is why they should shut down talk radio. It spreads mis-information and outright lies.

And by the way, anytime Limbaugh, Beck or Hannity make a future prediction it hardly ever comes true, just like this future prediction. It is just meant to scare you. And obviousely, in your case, they succeeded.

And remember it was conservative who invoked his version of the Fairness Doctrine when it yanked the FCC licenses and forced a media conglomerate to sell off assets in direct response to what the conservative felt was negative publicity about him.

And, by the way, this same conservative actually met with Chairman Mao. Perhaps that is who he got the idea from.

Do you know what WTOP stands for?

Find me a "liberal" who has actually done something about this, other than just talk.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 07:07AM by Radiophile.

Date: January 19, 2011 07:14AM

There was no democrat who actually was talking seriously about the fairness doctrine in 2006-2008, but that did not stop the conservatives from saying the democrats were and it was on Obama'a agenda. It never was on the agenda and I predict it never will. And unlike conservative talk radio personalities future prediction, mine will come true.

From Congressman's Mike Pence speech to the CPAC Convention, Feb 2008

And the future of conservatism demands that we oppose censorship, whether it takes the form of the so-called Fairness Doctrine or takes the form of Campaign Finance Reform. Our freedom to speak and listen to who we want when we want is a blood-bought American right. We must not permit the Democrats to bring back the so-called Fairness Doctrine.

Talk radio makes up the signal battalion of our movement. As Democrats pledge to return censorship to the airwaves of America, conservatives should know the next President of the United States can restore the so-called Fairness Doctrine without an act of Congress. Our candidates must stand for freedom, reject the censorship of the left and commit to end the Fairness Doctrine once and for all

Also from his speech - a baseless future prediction meant toscare you stupid people that nearly three years later proved to be false:

Our candidates must expose the Democrats’ plan to pass the largest tax increase in American history....

In reality, democrats gave the american people the largest tax break in American history.

Posted by: Voter_____ ()
Date: January 19, 2011 07:26AM

It's funny how the same lies and misinformation work time and time again, no matter how many times they are used.

1) The fairness doctrine -- the right keep trotting this one out over and over to get the base riled up.

2) The stock market will tank if Democrats win -- be scared for your investments!

3) Obama and the Democrats are going to raise your taxes through the roof!

4) The terrorists will kill us all if we don't have a Republican president to keep us safe.

Fear and anger -- works every time!

Date: January 19, 2011 07:34AM

Voter_____ Wrote:
>
>
> Fear and anger -- works every time!

You just need to add stupid, gullible people.

Date: January 19, 2011 07:40AM

And PDS, original poster. You are spreading mis-information and lies to further your twisted agenda. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would be so proud of you!

Date: January 19, 2011 07:42AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Voter_____ Wrote:
> -----
> >
> >
> > Fear and anger -- works every time!
>
> You just need to add stupid, gullible people.

The same stupid gullible motherfuckers who were blaming the AZ shooting on right wing talk radio?

Personally I blame Bill Haley and the Comets and that "Negro music".

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: January 19, 2011 09:32AM

Talk Radio for the most part isn't "talk," as in "conversation." Did you know most of the callers to the Sean Hannity show and the Mark Levin show are scripted plants? The callers are given a script writen by the host and producers, and the producers call them a few minutes before they go on the air. It is nothing more than a shill, and could be considered propaganda.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: January 19, 2011 10:38AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> Talk Radio for the most part isn't "talk," as in
> "conversation." Did you know most of the callers
> to the Sean Hannity show and the Mark Levin show
> are scripted plants? The callers are given a
> script writen by the host and producers, and the
> producers call them a few minutes before they go
> on the air. It is nothing more than a shill, and
> could be considered propaganda.

That claim has been made here before FUNdy, but you all have yet to produce any evidence other than blog site speculation. I suppose if you keep on saying it, it must be true.

The times I have listened in the past, there were a few "regulars", but you always knew who they were as they were greeted by name and fanfare of some sort. Otherwise please provide the proof that "most" of the callers are scripted.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: January 19, 2011 10:54AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> There was no democrat who actually was talking
> seriously about the fairness doctrine in
> 2006-2008, but that did not stop the conservatives
> from saying the democrats were and it was on
> Obama'a agenda. It never was on the agenda and I
> predict it never will. And unlike conservative
> talk radio personalities future prediction, mine
> will come true.
>

Kucinich To Hold Fairness Doctrine Hearings
By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/19/2007 4:37:00 AM
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/107382-Kucinich_To_Hold_Fairness_Doctrine_Hearings.php

Kerry Wants Fairness Doctrine Reimposed
By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 6/27/2007 7:55:00 AM
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/109418-Kerry_Wants_Fairness_Doctrine_Reimposed.php
...Kerry joins what appears to be a growing Democratic push-back against conservative talk radio, which flowered after the FCC in 1987 declared that the doctrine was unconsititutional. Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) has called for the doctrine's return, and Senator Diane Feinstein (9D-Calif,) says she is looking into it....

Another senator lines up behind 'Fairness Doctrine'
Stabenow: 'I think it's absolutely time to pass a standard ... I feel like that's gonna happen'
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88113
...Stabenow's husband, Tom Athans, was executive vice president of the left-leaning talk radio network Air America. He left the network in 2006, when it filed for bankruptcy, and co-founded the TalkUSA Radio Network.

Asked by Press if she could be counted on to push for hearings in the Senate this year "to bring these (radio station) owners in and hold them accountable," Stabenow replied: "I have already had some discussions with colleagues and, you know, I feel like that's gonna happen. Yep." ...

And, from Podesta's Center for American Progess

The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio
By John Halpin, James Heidbreder, Mark Lloyd, Paul Woodhull, Ben Scott, Josh Silver, S. Derek Turner | June 20, 2007
http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2007/06/talk_radio.html
...These empirical findings may not be surprising given general impressions about the format, but they are stark and raise serious questions about whether the companies licensed to broadcast over the public airwaves are serving the listening needs of all Americans.

There are many potential explanations for why this gap exists. The two most frequently cited reasons are the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine in 1987 and simple consumer demand. As this report will detail, neither of these reasons adequately explains why conservative talk radio dominates the airwaves.

Our conclusion is that the gap between conservative and progressive talk radio is the result of multiple structural problems in the U.S. regulatory system, particularly the complete breakdown of the public trustee concept of broadcast, the elimination of clear public interest requirements for broadcasting, and the relaxation of ownership rules including the requirement of local participation in management....

Yeah, none of them were seriously talking about it.

Right.

They want to blame everything but the fact that their message is bunk. NPR is heard everywhere in the country and pushes their agenda on a regular basis - and is taxpayer funded which is the only reason it is still afloat. Take away the government subsidy and they would go under faster than the Titanic.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: January 19, 2011 11:15AM

What evidence do you need? Here is a write up from one "appointment" caller

http://gordonwaynewatts.com/HealthCareQuestionTooHard.html

Date: January 19, 2011 11:41AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> What evidence do you need? Here is a write up
> from one "appointment" caller
>
> http://gordonwaynewatts.com/HealthCareQuestionTooH
> ard.html

As usual, hearsay. Where is the proof? Anyone can make up a story on the issue.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:03PM

Proof? Do you think Hannity is going to come out and say "we plan all our calls"? Why do you think he bills his show as commentary and entertainment, and not "news?" It is because it is not news.

I remember once listening to Mark Levin and the audio went bad like a cd skipping. It was not listed as "Best of" so, I know that evening's broadcast was prerecorded. Also, it is an open secret in the industry that the calls are planned and prescripted.

Ever notice there is a template for the callers?

Hi Sean, you are a great American.
compliment the host; I read your book and you are right. I just love watching you on TV.
Additional comment about Democrats being evil.
caller's introduction; I am (a nurse doctor, wife of a soldier in Iraq, a business owner, new mother,school teacher, etc)
What Obama is doing is going to ruin (my life, business, child's life, healthcare, conservative education, race relations)
Sean says something then to make him sound smart
Caller; you are so right, Sean.
Sean; Thanks for call, I am going to send you (a copy of my book, proflowers)

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:14PM

I know I'm of the liberal persuasion usually for this board, but I have to agree with the conservative stance here.

The media markets are operating on a for-profit basis (i.e. business model) they will put on what sells. The liberal side doesn't seem to be able to find an angry white man that can lambast the conservatives quite the same way as the likes from Fox, etc do.

Whatever scant liberal news that does actually occur is usually always trying to be inclusive and kind to other view points etc. That doesn't sell it doesn't work the masses into a frenzy. What's needed is a strong, angry liberal side instead we get a let's hug and be friends talk radio. No one wants to listen to soupy crap.

It's not about fairness doctrine (if it were public/non-profit/govt controlled - I'd say yes to it) it's about business. Til the liberals get how to voice their propaganda as effectively as the conservatives - you're going to hear this sort of drivel coming from them from time-to-time.

We have posted here in the past a sign-up sheet at the Republican Nation Committee website for people to call talk radio. All you had to do was list your name, address, email and phone number, issue and which show you want to be on.Hammity, Levin, whats her name and about 30 talk shows.

And just listen to Hannity with an open mind. Actually, listen as if you know the calls are scripted. You will then have an epiphany. You will find yourself saying "Hey these calls ARE scripted! I just heard Hannity finish reading the script the caller was having difficulty with".

FUNdamental Wrote:
> Proof? Do you think Hannity is going to come out
> and say "we plan all our calls"? Why do you
> think he bills his show as commentary and
> entertainment, and not "news?" It is because it is
> not news.
>
> I remember once listening to Mark Levin and the
> audio went bad like a cd skipping. It was not
> listed as "Best of" so, I know that evening's
> broadcast was prerecorded. Also, it is an open
> secret in the industry that the calls are planned
> and prescripted.
>
> Ever notice there is a template for the callers?
>
> Hi Sean, you are a great American.
> compliment the host; I read your book and you are
> right. I just love watching you on TV.
> Additional comment about Democrats being evil.
> caller's introduction; I am (a nurse doctor, wife
> of a soldier in Iraq, a business owner, new
> mother,school teacher, etc)
> What Obama is doing is going to ruin (my life,
> business, child's life, healthcare, conservative
> education, race relations)
> Sean says something then to make him sound smart
> Caller; you are so right, Sean.
> Sean; Thanks for call, I am going to send you (a
> copy of my book, proflowers)

Seems like you are stringing together a lot of "possibilities" and claiming them to be "fact". Maybe... just a thought here, you should not listen to his show so much. Huh?

The bunch of you seem to take a huge fascination with Palin, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc. If you don't care for what they are saying, then don't listen to them or pay any attention to them. Seriously, sometimes you all prove just how stupid you are with this insane obsession with these folks. All the attention just increases their notoriety and gets more people to listen to them.

Bravo.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:17PM

The fairness doctrine will never happen to be sure. However (and this is one Freeking BIG however) the recent transparent efforts by all the usual suspects in the liberally biased media to stifle speech are duly noted. All these hacks whether in the media or political figures have launched their latest game plan to shut down conservative political discourse on the backs of the AZ shooting victims.

It's simple and it's not new. the only thing different is the widespread concerted effort by almost everyone on the liberal side.Under the guise of "Setting a new tone" and "raising the bar on civil discourse" Let's take a look see at what the self anointed speech police are up to now..

1) Obamacare: Kill the Bill? Not suppose to say that now.

2) Obamacare/ economic policy: Job Killers? can't say that now

3) Putting cross-hairs or targeting liberal Democrat districts? Can't do that now

4) End of life counseling written into the administrative part of Obamacare. Death Panels? much to harsh for the great unwashed ears to be exposed to.

5) Anything the speech police deem as harsh towards their agenda will be tagged as unacceptable tone and discourse thereby uncivil.

Exhibit A:

All the while the liberal Pit Yorkie hit squad wants, and will, continue to divide us every way possible. By race, age, pitting the rich against the poor, illegal aliens against the law abiding citizenry, Feds against the States, Union Bullying (card check), The New Black Panthers (real voter intimidation), Rail against "Big Oil", "Big Pharma", Wall Street against Main Street, two Americas, Evil Corporations, financial institutions (excepting Freddie and Fannie of course) Fined if you don't by Obamacare (unless of course you are a member of the ruling class thus having your own healthcare system, or have a special exemption from Kathleen Sebelius), Hiring 16,000 new IRS agents to show up in your office or at your kitchen table. I could go on virtually for ever but I've made my point.

This approach is already backfiring on them. They don't realize how immature they sound and blatantly pious and condescending towards what ever audience they think will fall for this crap.

If these folks on the left don't change their childish ways soon they will only succeed in pissing of an ever greater majority of the electorate thus cementing another big loss (loosing the Senate and most likely the White House) in 2012.

They are always telling us "What the American people want is bla, bla, bla". Well I'm not always sure about what the American people want but I'll tell you one thing,, they sure as fuck don't like being talked to like babies.

They don't like it when any significant group of people like The Tea Party rise up and gain power. It screws up their mojo. They want the populace to meekly go about their lives, make no waves, and above all show them the respect they've so richly earned. I say fuck 'em! Fuck them, their families, the whore they rode in on, their dog, all the dogs on their street and everyone that agrees with them..........................................So go tell that Homeboy!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: January 19, 2011 12:19PM

It seems that many of Hannity's callers ejaculate when he calls them a "great American."
I wonder what makes an American great anyway. To Sean it must mean you're a tee totaling , straight laced , patriotic , once married, Christian.
Funny, but wouldn't that eliminate Rush Limbo?

Date: January 19, 2011 12:27PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
>> NPR is heard everywhere in
> the country and pushes their agenda on a regular
> basis - and is taxpayer funded which is the only
> reason it is still afloat. Take away the
> government subsidy and they would go under faster
> than the Titanic.

What is NPRs agenda?

The host Marketplace, have several reporters covering business news, a large music department, multiple reporters who cover a wide variety of health issues and news,
and they do play lots and lots of Republican Talking Points. Trust me they do.

Once they played a commercial where C Everett Koop talked about his replaced hips, heart valves, and other medical treatments he has had that would not covered in the UK by their National Health Service because he was too old. They then played the commercial for the former head of the NHS and asked his opinion. He said "It is just not true. The NHS performed x thousand of hip replacements for people over 80 and x thousand heart operations for people in the same age group." (paraphrasing) The former head of the NHS then talked about all the other services they provide to the aged Brits.

No who in this scenario had the Agenda?

Date: January 19, 2011 12:29PM

ProVallone Wrote:
> It seems that many of Hannity's callers ejaculate
> when he calls them a "great American."
> I wonder what makes an American great anyway. To
> Sean it must mean you're a tee totaling , straight
> laced , patriotic , once married, Christian.
> Funny, but wouldn't that eliminate Rush Limbo?

And Karl Rove. The day before Rove's divorce was finalized, Sean said of marriage "to conservatives it is "till death do up part. For liberals it is "till I find someone better"

He had Karl Rove on a couple days later and introduced him as a "great American.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:33PM

mcsmack Wrote:

>
> 1) Obamacare: Kill the Bill? Not suppose to say
> that now.
>
> 2) Obamacare/ economic policy: Job Killers? can't
> say that now
>
> 3) Putting cross-hairs or targeting liberal
> Democrat districts? Can't do that now
>
> 4) End of life counseling written into the
> administrative part of Obamacare. Death Panels?
> much to harsh for the great unwashed ears to be
> exposed to.
>
> 5) Anything the speech police deem as harsh
> towards their agenda will be tagged as
> unacceptable tone and discourse thereby uncivil.
>
I am sorry, what is this Obamacare thing you speak of? "Obanmacare" is a word coined by Frank Luntz to disparage the public option in the health care bill.
There is now no public option, hence no "Obamacare"

But you knew that right?

Date: January 19, 2011 12:39PM

FUNdamental Wrote:

You have got to be kidding me. Have you ever listened to the crappy ass phone calls on shows like Hannity's? if he has somebody writing scripts they should be fired. I can't listen to Hannity. I can't stand his monotone, nasal and droning delivery for one but my god!, his callers suck the most! Some damn house frow inevitably calls up with the "Great American" schtick, absolutely in love with hearing her voice on the radio and also thinking she is the smartest person in the world. Always with a shrill, high pitched inflective and cadence that grates on the nerves of any sane person.

Seriously! Listen to Shawn's monologue sometime. Monotone bla, bla,bla, bla and then most of the time he'll end his run on rambling sentence with an etc.etc.etc. that really drives me crazy. Etc. Etc. Ect comes from the language of the stupid. same thing as "what not". It is a verbal crutch for morons that think they are way to smart to STFU.

The more calls a talk show host has to take the less significant the host is to the success of the show.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:43PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> mcsmack Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > 1) Obamacare: Kill the Bill? Not suppose to say
> > that now.
> >
> > 2) Obamacare/ economic policy: Job Killers?
> can't
> > say that now
> >
> > 3) Putting cross-hairs or targeting liberal
> > Democrat districts? Can't do that now
> >
> > 4) End of life counseling written into the
> > administrative part of Obamacare. Death Panels?
> > much to harsh for the great unwashed ears to be
> > exposed to.
> >
> > 5) Anything the speech police deem as harsh
> > towards their agenda will be tagged as
> > unacceptable tone and discourse thereby
> uncivil.
> >
> I am sorry, what is this Obamacare thing you speak
> of? "Obanmacare" is a word coined by Frank Luntz
> to disparage the public option in the health care
> bill.
> There is now no public option, hence no
> "Obamacare"
>
> But you knew that right?

Way to tackle the basic precept of my post Radiophile.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:47PM

AS A GUEST CALLER TO MANY OF WTOP'S DAYTIME TALK RADIO SHOWS
IN THE PAST, I WOULD HAVE TO COMPLETELY DISAGREE THAT ANY CALLERS
ARE SCRIPTED AT ALL. THEY JUST QUICKLY PRE-SCREEN YOU TO MAKE
SURE YOU ARE STAYING ON TOPIC WITH YOUR POINT, THEN THEY PUT YOU
ON HOLD AND LET YOU LISTEN TO THE PROGRAM WHILE YOU WAIT FOR YOUR TURN.

Oh! Now I know why CNN canceled "Crossfire" back in 2005. It wasn't because they only had about 16,000 viewers. It was because they wanted to be ahead of the curve with the whole "new tone" thing

mcsmack Wrote:
> Way to tackle the basic precept of my post
> Radiophile.

It's been his only answer that he is able to repeat with any consistency. And as usual, not dealing with the issue.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:48PM

Oh my god, I agree with everything in a post by mscmack.

mcsmack Wrote:
>
> You have got to be kidding me. Have you ever
> listened to the crappy ass phone calls on shows
> like Hannity's? if he has somebody writing scripts
> they should be fired. I can't listen to Hannity. I
> can't stand his monotone, nasal and droning
> delivery for one but my god!, his callers suck the
> most! Some damn house frow inevitably calls up
> with the "Great American" schtick, absolutely in
> love with hearing her voice on the radio and also
> thinking she is the smartest person in the world.
> Always with a shrill, high pitched inflective and
> cadence that grates on the nerves of any sane
> person.
>
> Seriously! Listen to Shawn's monologue sometime.
> Monotone bla, bla,bla, bla and then most of the
> time he'll end his run on rambling sentence with
> an etc.etc.etc. that really drives me crazy. Etc.
> Etc. Ect comes from the language of the stupid.
> same thing as "what not". It is a verbal crutch
> for morons that think they are way to smart to
> STFU.
>
> The more calls a talk show host has to take the
> less significant the host is to the success of the
> show.

Date: January 19, 2011 12:56PM

Voter_____ Wrote:
> Oh my god, I agree with everything in a post by
> mscmack.
>
> mcsmack Wrote:
> >
> > You have got to be kidding me. Have you ever
> > listened to the crappy ass phone calls on shows
> > like Hannity's? if he has somebody writing
> scripts
> > they should be fired.

You're coming around Voter. It's a start.

But I'm serious. Hannity doesn't like being on the radio as much as he thought he would. He comes across as someone who is just trying to fulfill an obligation. The time spent doing radio and TV is more than he wants to invest and his disinterest is present on his radio show to those of us with the gift of discernment. I wouldn't be surprised after his radio contract expires we'll get the "I want to spend more time with the family" speech.

Date: January 19, 2011 01:29PM

I also liked when the CNN idiot said that the viewers are holding them accountable when they don't meet "OUR" standards. Good to know the fucksticks think they're important enough to set our standards for us.

Posted by: sure, whatevaH ()
Date: January 19, 2011 01:32PM

FUNdamental Wrote:

What is your source, the Huff-post or Daily KOS?

Date: January 19, 2011 01:56PM

sure, whatevaH Wrote:
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> -----
> > Talk Radio for the most part isn't "talk," as
> in
> > "conversation." Did you know most of the
> callers
> > to the Sean Hannity show and the Mark Levin
> show
> > are scripted plants? The callers are given a
> > script writen by the host and producers, and
> the
> > producers call them a few minutes before they
> go
> > on the air. It is nothing more than a shill,
> and
> > could be considered propaganda.
>
>
> What is your source, the Huff-post or Daily KOS?

I have been in radio for years and it is an open secret in the business.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:11PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> > What is your source, the Huff-post or Daily
> KOS?
>
>
> I have been in radio for years and it is an open
> secret in the business.

Again - hearsay. If it has been so well known by everyone you would think it was documented on some site other than a blogger. It appears to be a well known 'speculation' on some people's part - and maybe other shows have done it, but there is nothing you have presented here, or shown otherwise that even comes close to making what you say a reality.

Posted by: Buck Tooth ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:12PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> Proof? Do you think Hannity is going to come out
> and say "we plan all our calls"? Why do you
> think he bills his show as commentary and
> entertainment, and not "news?" It is because it is
> not news.
>
> I remember once listening to Mark Levin and the
> audio went bad like a cd skipping. It was not
> listed as "Best of" so, I know that evening's
> broadcast was prerecorded. Also, it is an open
> secret in the industry that the calls are planned
> and prescripted.
>
> Ever notice there is a template for the callers?
>
> Hi Sean, you are a great American.
> compliment the host; I read your book and you are
> right. I just love watching you on TV.
> Additional comment about Democrats being evil.
> caller's introduction; I am (a nurse doctor, wife
> of a soldier in Iraq, a business owner, new
> mother,school teacher, etc)
> What Obama is doing is going to ruin (my life,
> business, child's life, healthcare, conservative
> education, race relations)
> Sean says something then to make him sound smart
> Caller; you are so right, Sean.
> Sean; Thanks for call, I am going to send you (a
> copy of my book, proflowers)

It was Funny 10 years ago, And it's Still Funny today! I can't stop laughing my ass off (Just between me and you, It keeps me sane :) What Hurt the most, was Realizing it was All Fake :( Like figuring out Santa wasn't real. It made me feel like a retard.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:16PM

Hannity is only half way through his five year radio contract with Premiere.

Posted by: Buck Tooth ()
Date: January 19, 2011 02:21PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> -----
> > Proof? Do you think Hannity is going to come
> out
> > and say "we plan all our calls"? Why do you
> > think he bills his show as commentary and
> > entertainment, and not "news?" It is because it
> is
> > not news.
> >
> > I remember once listening to Mark Levin and the
> > audio went bad like a cd skipping. It was not
> > listed as "Best of" so, I know that evening's
> > broadcast was prerecorded. Also, it is an open
> > secret in the industry that the calls are
> planned
> > and prescripted.
> >
> > Ever notice there is a template for the
> callers?
> >
> > Hi Sean, you are a great American.
> > compliment the host; I read your book and you
> are
> > right. I just love watching you on TV.
> > Additional comment about Democrats being evil.
>
> > caller's introduction; I am (a nurse doctor,
> wife
> > of a soldier in Iraq, a business owner, new
> > mother,school teacher, etc)
> > What Obama is doing is going to ruin (my life,
> > business, child's life, healthcare,
> conservative
> > education, race relations)
> > Sean says something then to make him sound
> smart
> > Caller; you are so right, Sean.
> > Sean; Thanks for call, I am going to send you
> (a
> > copy of my book, proflowers)
>
> Seems like you are stringing together a lot of
> "possibilities" and claiming them to be "fact".
> Maybe... just a thought here, you should not
> listen to his show so much. Huh?
>
> The bunch of you seem to take a huge fascination
> with Palin, Hannity, Limbaugh, etc. If you don't
> care for what they are saying, then don't listen
> to them or pay any attention to them. Seriously,
> sometimes you all prove just how stupid you are
> with this insane obsession with these folks. All
> the attention just increases their notoriety and
> gets more people to listen to them.
>
> Bravo.

A big Amen to That! That's why I listen and Obey. To piss off them Libertards. It makes me Happy to do that, I hate their fucking Whining about this and about that. they allways say, "Don't say Nigger Don't say Nigger". Fuck them! I say Nigger nigger nigger!

Date: January 19, 2011 02:31PM

Ever wonder how sean's radio show ends at six PM and he is still able to start to tape his daily Fox News Show at six PM?

Date: January 19, 2011 02:35PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> sure, whatevaH Wrote:
> -----
> > FUNdamental Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Talk Radio for the most part isn't "talk," as
> > in
> > > "conversation." Did you know most of the
> > callers
> > > to the Sean Hannity show and the Mark Levin
> > show
> > > are scripted plants? The callers are given a
> > > script writen by the host and producers, and
> > the
> > > producers call them a few minutes before they
> > go
> > > on the air. It is nothing more than a shill,
> > and
> > > could be considered propaganda.
> >
> >
> > What is your source, the Huff-post or Daily
> KOS?
>
>
> I have been in radio for years and it is an open
> secret in the business.

Why would it have to be a secret? If it is happening to what ever degree it's not working. Most talk shows suck. Hannity, Beck, Bortz, Micheal Savage (whose real name is Weiner also a straight up freek albeit an interesting freek on background alone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_(commentator))

Limbaugh impersonators are too numerous to count. Limbaugh's got a good show whether you like him or not but he takes very few calls in the process. He has an entertaining as well as informative format and above all he has a personality that drives his program. His ideology is conservative for sure but that is not what makes the program a success in itself. This is why most all other conservative talk show hosts sound forced and contrived.They have no magnetism to their personality only an agenda driven format.

Anyway who gives a shit if calls are scripted or not? They're all the same in principle whether contrived or not. They may as well script them all as far as content is concerned. What difference would it make? You would still have a legion of dorks waiting on hold with baited breath thinking their shot at showing the world how smart they are is just moments away.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 02:41PM by mcsmack.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:45PM

Limbaugh's show isn't really very good either. He just free associates and his train of thought is all over the place. It takes a fair amount of talent just to be able to fill that much airtime but most of what he says doesn't make any sense. A lot of the time he is just making mischief--not really trying to be coherent. Who can blame him? He got rich as hell just mouthing off on the radio and having fun. Not hard to see why people would try to copy that...

mcsmack Wrote:
> Limbaugh impersonators are too numerous to count.
> Limbaugh's got a good show whether you like him or
> not but he takes very few calls in the process. He
> has an entertaining as well as informative format
> and above all he has a personality that drives his
> program. His ideology is conservative for sure but
> that is not what makes the program a success in
> itself. This is why most all other conservative
> talk show hosts sound forced and contrived.They
> have no magnetism to their personality only an
> agenda driven format.
>
> Anyway who gives a shit if calls are scripted or
> not? They're all the same in principle whether
> contrived or not. They may as well script them all
> as far as content is concerned. What difference
> would it make? You would still have a legion of
> dorks waiting on hold with baited breath thinking
> their shot at showing how smart they are is just
> moments away.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:49PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
> > mcsmack Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > 1) Obamacare: Kill the Bill? Not suppose to
> say
> > > that now.
> > >
> > > 2) Obamacare/ economic policy: Job Killers?
> > can't
> > > say that now
> > >
> > > 3) Putting cross-hairs or targeting liberal
> > > Democrat districts? Can't do that now
> > >
> > > 4) End of life counseling written into the
> > > administrative part of Obamacare. Death
> Panels?
> > > much to harsh for the great unwashed ears to
> be
> > > exposed to.
> > >
> > > 5) Anything the speech police deem as harsh
> > > towards their agenda will be tagged as
> > > unacceptable tone and discourse thereby
> > uncivil.
> > >
> > I am sorry, what is this Obamacare thing you
> speak
> > of? "Obanmacare" is a word coined by Frank
> Luntz
> > to disparage the public option in the health
> care
> > bill.
> > There is now no public option, hence no
> > "Obamacare"
> >
> > But you knew that right?
>
> Way to tackle the basic precept of my post
> Radiophile.

It is called a statement of fact. If you start your argument with "the sky is green" there is no reason to read further. Your whole argument is false.

Date: January 19, 2011 02:51PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> mcsmack Wrote:
> -----
> > Way to tackle the basic precept of my post
> > Radiophile.
>
> It's been his only answer that he is able to
> repeat with any consistency. And as usual, not
> dealing with the issue.

I just don't understand what you mean by Obamacare, or you are using the Frank Luntz made up word incorrectly. Yet you still use it knowing it is incorrect. I do not get that. I really do not.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:30PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> -----
> > sure, whatevaH Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > FUNdamental Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Talk Radio for the most part isn't "talk,"
> as
> > > in
> > > > "conversation." Did you know most of the
> > > callers
> > > > to the Sean Hannity show and the Mark Levin
> > > show
> > > > are scripted plants? The callers are given
> a
> > > > script writen by the host and producers,
> and
> > > the
> > > > producers call them a few minutes before
> they
> > > go
> > > > on the air. It is nothing more than a
> shill,
> > > and
> > > > could be considered propaganda.
> > >
> > >
> > > What is your source, the Huff-post or Daily
> > KOS?
> >
> >
> > I have been in radio for years and it is an
> open
> > secret in the business.
>
> Why would it have to be a secret? If it is
> happening to what ever degree it's not working.
> Most talk shows suck. Hannity, Beck, Bortz,
> Micheal Savage (whose real name is Weiner also a
> straight up freek albeit an interesting freek on
> background alone.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Savage_(comme
> ntator))
>
> Limbaugh impersonators are too numerous to count.
> Limbaugh's got a good show whether you like him or
> not but he takes very few calls in the process. He
> has an entertaining as well as informative format
> and above all he has a personality that drives his
> program. His ideology is conservative for sure but
> that is not what makes the program a success in
> itself. This is why most all other conservative
> talk show hosts sound forced and contrived.They
> have no magnetism to their personality only an
> agenda driven format.
>
> Anyway who gives a shit if calls are scripted or
> not? They're all the same in principle whether
> contrived or not. They may as well script them all
> as far as content is concerned. What difference
> would it make? You would still have a legion of
> dorks waiting on hold with baited breath thinking
> their shot at showing the world how smart they are
> is just moments away.

I heard a caller on Sean's show give this scenario; I own a small business and because of the Obamacare expense I had to lay three people off. Now, because of Obama's tax increases, because my bidness make a little over 250 thousand dollars a year, I am going to have to pay more in taxes and probably lay off another person. Obama is killing small bidnesses.

BS all the way, but tea baggers love it.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:38PM

Voter_____ Wrote:
> Limbaugh's show isn't really very good either. He
> just free associates and his train of thought is
> all over the place. It takes a fair amount of
> talent just to be able to fill that much airtime
> but most of what he says doesn't make any sense.
> A lot of the time he is just making mischief--not
> really trying to be coherent. Who can blame him?
> He got rich as hell just mouthing off on the radio
> and having fun. Not hard to see why people would
> try to copy that...
>

Of course you're opinion is subjective on how good his show is but the "most of what he says doesn't make any sense" and "train of thought being all over the place" charges are not supported by fact. I would have to go back and listen to some of his shows from his oxycontin days to be sure but I have listened off and on for the most part of 20 years and know for a fact your "making mischief--not really trying to be coherent"along with all the other charges are nothing more than ad hoc personal attacks on Rush because you disagree with his politics and demeanor. That's okay. Gentlemen can disagree. I understand some guys fawn over Oprah. You are probably one of those guys. And thats okay. I'm not saying that as an insult.

Regardless 14+ million Americans a week think Rush has a good show. Behind him all others are riding on his coattails. None of them to my knowledge command the astronomical multi year contract values in the 500 million range like Rush.These are the facts whether or not you and I like him or not.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:45PM

FUNdamental Wrote:

Please provide some proof of this. That would be the death knell for conservative talk radio if it were true.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:47PM

I've listened on and off for 20 years too. Sometimes he's on his game but he frequently does ramble. And by 'making mischief' I mean he's trying to stir up controversy and get the press riled up. He admits to it frequently on his show. It's what gets him ratings and publicity--fair enough. Popularity doesn't correlate to quality--I think that's been well established. McDonald's is the most popular hamburger chain ever.

mcsmack Wrote:
>
> Of course you're opinion is subjective on how good
> his show is but the "most of what he says doesn't
> make any sense" and "train of thought being all
> over the place" charges are not supported by fact.
> I would have to go back and listen to some of his
> shows from his oxycontin days to be sure but I
> have listened off and on for the most part of 20
> years and know for a fact your "making
> mischief--not really trying to be coherent"along
> with all the other charges are nothing more than
> ad hoc personal attacks on Rush because you
> disagree with his politics and demeanor. That's
> okay. Gentlemen can disagree. I understand some
> guys fawn over Oprah. You are probably one of
> those guys. And thats okay. I'm not saying that as
> an insult.
>
> Regardless 14+ million Americans a week think Rush
> has a good show. Behind him all others are riding
> on his coattails. None of them to my knowledge
> command the astronomical multi year contract
> values in the 500 million range like Rush.These
> are the facts whether or not you and I like him or
> not.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:49PM

Health care repeal would kill off tax breaks
By Catherine Clifford, staff reporterJanuary 19, 2011: 2:34 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Why do Republicans want to take away tax breaks for small businesses?

Well, they don't really. What they want to do is kill off last year's health care reform act, which they say will stifle jobs by suffocating employers with red tape.

6Email Print On Wednesday, the House is expected to pass a bill repealing the law. The vote is symbolic because the Senate is not expected to follow suit. But no one expects the debate over the law's merits to quiet down.

And lost in all the rhetoric: For businesses with fewer than 50 employees, the law does not impose specific near-term health care mandates. On the contrary: It contains a number of tax credits that will help small businesses pay for health insurance.

One business owner fighting the repeal effort said the tax credits are a big help.

The tax breaks are "a lifeline to small businesses like mine," Odette Cohen, the owner of Son Light Pediatrics, a medical practice in Willingboro, N.J., told Democratic lawmakers on Tuesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/19/smallbusiness/small_business_health_care_repeal/index.htm

FUNdamental Wrote:
>
> I heard a caller on Sean's show give this
> scenario; I own a small business and because of
> the Obamacare expense I had to lay three people
> off. Now, because of Obama's tax increases,
> because my bidness make a little over 250 thousand
> dollars a year, I am going to have to pay more in
> taxes and probably lay off another person. Obama
> is killing small bidnesses.
>
> BS all the way, but tea baggers love it.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:49PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
>
>
> I heard a caller on Sean's show give this
> scenario; I own a small business and because of
> the Obamacare expense I had to lay three people
> off. Now, because of Obama's tax increases,
> because my bidness make a little over 250 thousand
> dollars a year, I am going to have to pay more in
> taxes and probably lay off another person. Obama
> is killing small bidnesses.
>
> BS all the way, but tea baggers love it.

It may very well have been a scripted call but it doesn't negate the fact this is happening whether or not "The Tea bagger's" are lovin' it or not

Real world examples include Caterpillar, which said Obamacare will cost it an additional $100 million in the first year; Medtronic, which warned that the new tax on its products "could force it to lay off a thousand workers;" and Verizon, which has told its employees that it "will likely have to cut healthcare benefits to offset the new costs."

Here’s one more:

AT&T said it will record a $1 billion non-cash expense in the first quarter related to the newly passed health-care law, joining a growing list of large U.S. companies. …

Too bad that shit ain't scripted Hoss. We could just tear it up and throw it away!

Date: January 19, 2011 03:51PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> And PDS, original poster. You are spreading
> mis-information and lies to further your twisted
> agenda. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would be so proud of
> you!

Don't let the truth get in the way of your fine leftist rant LOL

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/

As long as it's conservative talk, it's OK, right? Iran is a liberals dream. Control free speech, kill dissidents. Central Government controls everything. If they could just get over the gay thing, you leftists would be in paradise.

Date: January 19, 2011 03:52PM

Health care repeal would kill off tax breaks
By Catherine Clifford, staff reporterJanuary 19, 2011: 2:34 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Why do Republicans want to take away tax breaks for small businesses?

Well, they don't really. What they want to do is kill off last year's health care reform act, which they say will stifle jobs by suffocating employers with red tape.

On Wednesday, the House is expected to pass a bill repealing the law. The vote is symbolic because the Senate is not expected to follow suit. But no one expects the debate over the law's merits to quiet down.

And lost in all the rhetoric: For businesses with fewer than 50 employees, the law does not impose specific near-term health care mandates. On the contrary: It contains a number of tax credits that will help small businesses pay for health insurance.

One business owner fighting the repeal effort said the tax credits are a big help.

The tax breaks are "a lifeline to small businesses like mine," Odette Cohen, the owner of Son Light Pediatrics, a medical practice in Willingboro, N.J., told Democratic lawmakers on Tuesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/19/smallbusiness/small_business_health_care_repeal/index.htm

mcsmack Wrote:
>
> It may very well have been a scripted call but it
> doesn't negate the fact this is happening whether
> or not "The Tea bagger's" are lovin' it or not
>
> Real world examples include Caterpillar, which
> said Obamacare will cost it an additional $100
> million in the first year; Medtronic, which warned
> that the new tax on its products "could force it
> to lay off a thousand workers;" and Verizon, which
> has told its employees that it "will likely have
> to cut healthcare benefits to offset the new
> costs."
>
> Here’s one more:
>
> AT&T said it will record a $1 billion non-cash
> expense in the first quarter related to the newly
> passed health-care law, joining a growing list of
> large U.S. companies. …
>
> Too bad that shit ain't scripted Hoss. We could
> just tear it up and throw it away!

Date: January 19, 2011 04:06PM

Voter_____ Wrote:
> Limbaugh's show isn't really very good either. He
> just free associates and his train of thought is
> all over the place. It takes a fair amount of
> talent just to be able to fill that much airtime
> but most of what he says doesn't make any sense.
> A lot of the time he is just making mischief--not
> really trying to be coherent. Who can blame him?
> He got rich as hell just mouthing off on the radio
> and having fun. Not hard to see why people would
> try to copy that...
>

And yet... why is it that the libtards can't make it with that format. Let's get Alec Baldwin on the radio - oh yeah, he is a wonder-brain for sure. He and Obama went to the same school of off script improvisation - "uh, uh, uh" "um, um, um"

Date: January 19, 2011 04:08PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> -----
> > mcsmack Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Way to tackle the basic precept of my post
> > > Radiophile.
> >
> > It's been his only answer that he is able to
> > repeat with any consistency. And as usual, not
> > dealing with the issue.
>
>
> I just don't understand what you mean by
> Obamacare, or you are using the Frank Luntz made
> up word incorrectly. Yet you still use it knowing
> it is incorrect. I do not get that. I really do
> not.

Yes, you are an idiot.

You have no answer, so you let your own ignorance show. If you know what Luntz was referring to, then you obviously know what Obamacare means. But sure, act like the dolt you are.

Posted by: Read the Writing ()
Date: January 19, 2011 04:11PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> -----
> >
> >
> > I heard a caller on Sean's show give this
> > scenario; I own a small business and because of
> > the Obamacare expense I had to lay three people
> > off. Now, because of Obama's tax increases,
> > because my bidness make a little over 250
> thousand
> > dollars a year, I am going to have to pay more
> in
> > taxes and probably lay off another person.
> Obama
> > is killing small bidnesses.
> >
> > BS all the way, but tea baggers love it.
>
> It may very well have been a scripted call but it
> doesn't negate the fact this is happening whether
> or not "The Tea bagger's" are lovin' it or not
>
> Real world examples include Caterpillar, which
> said Obamacare will cost it an additional $100
> million in the first year; Medtronic, which warned
> that the new tax on its products "could force it
> to lay off a thousand workers;" and Verizon, which
> has told its employees that it "will likely have
> to cut healthcare benefits to offset the new
> costs."
>
> Here’s one more:
>
> AT&T said it will record a $1 billion non-cash
> expense in the first quarter related to the newly
> passed health-care law, joining a growing list of
> large U.S. companies. …
>
> Too bad that shit ain't scripted Hoss. We could
> just tear it up and throw it away!

Actually it's NOT REALLY "OBAMACARE". It's 'PelosiBoehnerReedObamaCare', they did it all together. Yes, I said 'Boehner'. Remember he rejected a public-option; he said it was socialist and communist and anti-American. What he really meant, it was anti-RichInsuranceBum. Apparently BoehnerBreath doesn't have the same "socialist" 'concerns' when it comes to bailing out rich 'Financial Services' PUKES. Actions speak louder than words. That's why the repugnantcans ARE SOCIALISTS!!!

Date: January 19, 2011 04:11PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
> > Registered Voter Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > mcsmack Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Way to tackle the basic precept of my post
> > > > Radiophile.
> > >
> > > It's been his only answer that he is able to
> > > repeat with any consistency. And as usual,
> not
> > > dealing with the issue.
> >
> >
> > I just don't understand what you mean by
> > Obamacare, or you are using the Frank Luntz
> made
> > up word incorrectly. Yet you still use it
> knowing
> > it is incorrect. I do not get that. I really do
> > not.
>
> Yes, you are an idiot.
>
> You have no answer, so you let your own ignorance
> show. If you know what Luntz was referring to,
> then you obviously know what Obamacare means. But
> sure, act like the dolt you are.

You can not read what I wrote. Obamacare is a term Frank Luntz made up to describe the public option. There is no public option. Why do you keep referring to the public option? There isn't one.

Date: January 19, 2011 04:16PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> You can not read what I wrote. Obamacare is a term
> Frank Luntz made up to describe the public option.
> There is no public option. Why do you keep
> referring to the public option? There isn't one.

I can absolutely read what you wrote. But, you are ignoring the larger fact that regardless of the fact that Luntz may have coined the term, it is still the same term in use today for the resulting legislation.

Keep up with the duck and evade.

Date: January 19, 2011 04:19PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
> > Radiophile Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Registered Voter Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > mcsmack Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > Way to tackle the basic precept of my
> post
> > > > > Radiophile.
> > > >
> > > > It's been his only answer that he is able
> to
> > > > repeat with any consistency. And as usual,
> > not
> > > > dealing with the issue.
> > >
> > >
> > > I just don't understand what you mean by
> > > Obamacare, or you are using the Frank Luntz
> > made
> > > up word incorrectly. Yet you still use it
> > knowing
> > > it is incorrect. I do not get that. I really
> do
> > > not.
> >
> > Yes, you are an idiot.
> >
> > You have no answer, so you let your own
> ignorance
> > show. If you know what Luntz was referring to,
> > then you obviously know what Obamacare means.
> But
> > sure, act like the dolt you are.
>
>
> You can not read what I wrote. Obamacare is a term
> Frank Luntz made up to describe the public option.
> There is no public option. Why do you keep
> referring to the public option? There isn't one.

Except if you're a RichBanker, if you're Rich, you'll always have a public-option to 'bail' you out. As long as repugnantcans have their way (socialism for the rich, fuck the middle-class)(trick them with 'conservative' talk to make them pay for it) he he

Date: January 19, 2011 04:19PM

Voter_____ Wrote:
> I've listened on and off for 20 years too.
> Sometimes he's on his game but he frequently does
> ramble. And by 'making mischief' I mean he's
> trying to stir up controversy and get the press
> riled up. He admits to it frequently on his show.
> It's what gets him ratings and publicity--fair
> enough. Popularity doesn't correlate to
> quality--I think that's been well established.
> McDonald's is the most popular hamburger chain
> ever.
>

Agreed except for your hamburger analogy. Rush has stated that he "Illustrates the absurdity of liberalism by being absurd". Turning illogical reasoning found in most liberal arguments back in their face is one way of doing this. The main stream press then picks up on these events and intentionally sets out to misrepresent Rushes intent at satire as being truth. I.e. the "Magic Negro" bit. Everyone new he was making fun of stupid ass L.A. Times reporter David Ehrenstein and his stupid ass article. http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,3391015.story

As usual Liberals bank on people being a whole hell of a lot more stupid than they actually are and it backfired. All the usual suspects were on the scene. Like stupid ass Al Sharpton. Their deceptive maneuvers to get Rush Fired didn't work because what they were charging him with wasn't true.

But they await in every nook and cranny, waiting,, hoping,,grasping at anything or any word that they can twist, distort, misinterpret and then report to the public just to see if were all stupid enough to fall for their bucket o' shit today. Kind of like Radiophile tried to do to me above

Posted by: r ()
Date: January 19, 2011 04:22PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
> > You can not read what I wrote. Obamacare is a
> term
> > Frank Luntz made up to describe the public
> option.
> > There is no public option. Why do you keep
> > referring to the public option? There isn't
> one.
>
> I can absolutely read what you wrote. But, you are
> ignoring the larger fact that regardless of the
> fact that Luntz may have coined the term, it is
> still the same term in use today for the resulting
> legislation.
>
> Keep up with the duck and evade.

Yeah it's term used by political professionals and brainwashed amateur morons

Posted by: Obamacare Denier ()
Date: January 19, 2011 04:32PM

Obamacare = amateur moron health care proposal

Date: January 19, 2011 04:36PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

> I can absolutely read what you wrote. But, you are
> ignoring the larger fact that regardless of the
> fact that Luntz may have coined the term, it is
> still the same term in use today for the resulting
> legislation.
>
> Keep up with the duck and evade.

In use by who? Partisans? You continue to use the term knowing it does not meant what you are intending it to mean.

Just say H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act when referring to H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Date: January 19, 2011 04:40PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Just say H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and
> Affordable Care Act when referring to H.R.3590 -
> Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

I can't tell if this guy is being funny.

"Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"

How "patriotic" was the Patrtiot Act? Another Bush policy that Obama seems not to mind incidently.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: January 19, 2011 04:48PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> > Just say H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and
> > Affordable Care Act when referring to H.R.3590
> -
> > Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
>
> I can't tell if this guy is being funny.
>
> "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"
>
> How "patriotic" was the Patrtiot Act? Another Bush
> policy that Obama seems not to mind incidently.

But the Liberals did not call the Patriot Act the BushNationalist Act did we? No, we called it the Patriot Act when we could have just as easily called it the Bush wants to see what books your grandmother is reading act.

Date: January 19, 2011 04:51PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
>
> > I can absolutely read what you wrote. But, you
> are
> > ignoring the larger fact that regardless of the
> > fact that Luntz may have coined the term, it is
> > still the same term in use today for the
> resulting
> > legislation.
> >
> > Keep up with the duck and evade.
>
> In use by who? Partisans? You continue to use the
> term knowing it does not meant what you are
> intending it to mean.
>
> Just say H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and
> Affordable Care Act when referring to H.R.3590 -
> Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

You are so lost.

Do a search on Google for "obamacare" and guess what, it points to the Wiki for it. So I guess Google and the other millions of people have a clue, while you yet strive to be nothing but a partisan putz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - Wikipedia, the free ...
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and Obama's plans for health care reform in general, is often nicknamed "Obamacare".

And is referred to by that name in most of the media outlets, or even when speaking to Congressional sources.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/examiner-editorial-obamacare-even-worse-critics-thought
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 04:52PM by Registered Voter.

Date: January 19, 2011 04:52PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> But the Liberals did not call the Patriot Act the
> BushNationalist Act did we? No, we called it the
> Patriot Act when we could have just as easily
> called it the Bush wants to see what books your
> grandmother is reading act.

No, too many syllables, just like the Patient Protection and whatever the fuck bullshit it purports Act.

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: January 19, 2011 05:37PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> > Just say H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and
> > Affordable Care Act when referring to H.R.3590
> -
> > Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
>
> I can't tell if this guy is being funny.
>
> "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"
>
> How "patriotic" was the Patrtiot Act? Another Bush
> policy that Obama seems not to mind incidently.

It's exactly why I call Obama - Bushlite. The conservative side should be ecstatic on how centrist he really is compared to what the left wanted.

The whole Obamacare was terrible in terms of cost-to-benefit ratio. There are some nice nuggets in the package but the costs overall are staggering and for the most part it provides most of the juiciest morsels to the health insurance industry...the very industry that needed the strongest regulation got a massive hand-out instead.

Date: January 19, 2011 05:49PM

I don't fault Obama for continuing some of the Bush security policies. The policies suck and they are ugly, but in a real world with real danger, I'm afraid we've come to that.

I fault Obama for bandstanding and campaigning as if he was way above and morally superior to the policies of Bush and Cheney. Shit, I was scared he was actually seriously going to go soft.

He is a fraud.

Posted by: claudit ()
Date: January 19, 2011 06:05PM

And some people were predicting that it would be the Republicans who would be the first to propose book burning. Well live and learn.

Date: January 19, 2011 07:18PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> And is referred to by that name in most of the
> media outlets, or even when speaking to
> Congressional sources.
>
> http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/examiner-edi
> torial-obamacare-even-worse-critics-thought
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_an
> d_Affordable_Care_Act

The examiner piece is an editorial, not news. Do you know the difference?
So Wiki says it is refered to as, does that make it right. Wiki is saying that that happens, not that is correct.

And as long as you put wiki in such a high regard, check this out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz

Posted by: OBAMACARE 101 ()
Date: January 19, 2011 09:01PM

NOT ONLY IS IT REFERED TO AS, BUT DESERVEDLY SO.
THE USE OF THE TERM SHOULD COME AS NO SURPRISE TO YOU, SO STFU.

Date: January 20, 2011 08:48AM

Britdrnva~ Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > Radiophile Wrote:
> > > Just say H.R.3590 - Patient Protection and
> > > Affordable Care Act when referring to
> H.R.3590
> > -
> > > Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
> >
> > I can't tell if this guy is being funny.
> >
> > "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"
> >
> > How "patriotic" was the Patrtiot Act? Another
> Bush
> > policy that Obama seems not to mind incidently.
>
> It's exactly why I call Obama - Bushlite. The
> conservative side should be ecstatic on how
> centrist he really is compared to what the left
> wanted.
>
> The whole Obamacare was terrible in terms of
> cost-to-benefit ratio. There are some nice
> nuggets in the package but the costs overall are
> staggering and for the most part it provides most
> of the juiciest morsels to the health insurance
> industry...the very industry that needed the
> strongest regulation got a massive hand-out
> instead.

"The conservative side should be ecstatic on how
centrist he really is compared to what the left
wanted." - Just like Bill Clinton, he'll get re-elected, and the far left and far RIGHT Extremist Morons are gonna cry like little babies. LOL :)

"The whole Obamacare was terrible in terms of
cost-to-benefit ratio." - How does offering a 'public option' for people who don't want or need a Cadillac insurance policy imposed on them and don't appreciate being FORCED to indirectly subsidize and pay for the rich fuckers (their personal InsuranceGuys included) their extravagant IsuranceHealthCareLongevityProgramsOfTheRichAndFamous and All the cutting edge research and Corporate Welfare Development BULLSHIT that goes along with it(How many different PILLS do you Limp Dicks NEED), when all they really want is just afford some god dam fucking Cough Syrup for their Kids.

"There are some nice
nuggets in the package but the costs overall are
staggering and for the most part it provides most
of the juiciest morsels to the health insurance
industry...the very industry that needed the
strongest regulation got a massive hand-out
instead." - Yeah my shit has some "nice nuggets" in it Too. Now we'll have to PAY $100 for a little bottle of cough syrup and ALL the profits will go to the InsuranceLiars and indirect (subversively) to their Rich Hypochondriacs (probably some delusional Repugnantcan Bankers that can't come to terms that they are SOCIALIST faggots) NO DIFFERENT THAN LIBERALS. They just LIE MORE!!!

Posted by: Gordon Wayne Watts, conservative -google me, LOL ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:43PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> What evidence do you need? Here is a write up
> from one "appointment" caller
>
> http://gordonwaynewatts.com/HealthCareQuestionTooH
> ard.html

Goffy-@ss - I'm a conservative -and I have NOOOOO motive to make up sh-t about a fellow conservative -- if you don't believe i'm a conservativbe, google my name, and look loooong and hard!

PS: Since you can't tell who I am on this post, use my websites (GordonWayneWatts.com or GordonWatts.com) to verify the identity of the writer (which BTW is me, but you can't verify my post -only my website as being "gordon's")

Date: January 20, 2011 08:45PM

Date: January 20, 2011 08:47PM

one last thing:

While you must take my word on this "pre-planned caller" allegation here, note please that I am not the only one making this allegation -- I link to another persopn who made this allegation.

Also, in all fairness to Sean Hannity, not all callers are pre-planned -but some are.

Gordon Wayne Watts -uber conservative pp PROOF:

The following letter was written by Gordon Wayne Watts of Lakeland, Florida, who received a Bachelor’s degree from The Florida State University with a double major in Biological and Chemical Sciences with honors and was the valedictorian from United Electronics Institute. Watts, a non-lawyer, is best known for his lawsuit on behalf of Terri Schiavo[1], which lost 4-3 in the Florida Supreme Court, arguably doing better than even then Governor Jeb Bush’s similar suit[2] (lost: 7-0) or Terri Schiavo’s own family’s federal case[3] (lost: 2-1). Mr. Watts, who ran unsuccessfully for Dist. 64 Fla. House of Representatives[4], is a part-time political activist while he searches for a full-time job in his field.

Sources:
[1] In Re: GORDON WAYNE WATTS (as next friend of THERESA MARIE “TERRI†SCHIAVO), No. SC03-2420 (Fla. Feb.23, 2003), denied 4-3 on rehearing. http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/dispositions/2005/2/03-2420reh.pdf
[2] In Re: JEB BUSH, GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA, ET AL. v. MICHAEL SCHIAVO, GUARDIAN: THERESA SCHIAVO, No. SC04-925 (Fla. Oct.21, 2004), denied 7-0 on rehearing. http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/dispositions/2004/10/04-925reh.pdf
[3] Schiavo ex rel. Schindler v. Schiavo ex rel. Schiavo, 403 F.3d 1223, 2005 WL 648897 (11th Cir. Mar.23, 2005), denied 2-1 on appeal. http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200511628.pdf
[4] Key Phrase search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22florida+house%22+64+%22gordon+wayne+watts%22&cts=1255495265724&aq=f&oq=&aqi= and http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22florida+house%22+64+%22gordon+wayne+watts%22&fr=yfp-t-155&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8 -- Official Campaign pages: http://GordonWayneWatts.com/Campaign.html and http://GordonWatts.com/Campaign.html

Posted by: GW Watts (R-Fla) ()
Date: January 20, 2011 08:53PM

I would like to apologize to "FUNdamental" -- when I called another poster a goofy-@ss --

You were agreeing that my op-ed was legit -- I was replying to 'Registered voter.'

Also, "Registered voter," while I did call you a goofy-a$$, I was only doing so to underscore how much I disagree with you about MY op-ed here --not to insult you --just wanted to make sure you understood my inflection here.

(-:/

Gordon Wayne Watts - Lakeland, Fla.

Date: January 20, 2011 09:03PM

GW Watts (R-Fla) Wrote:
> I would like to apologize to "FUNdamental" -- when
> I called another poster a goofy-@ss --
>
> You were agreeing that my op-ed was legit -- I was
> replying to 'Registered voter.'
>
> Also, "Registered voter," while I did call you a
> goofy-a$$, I was only doing so to underscore how
> much I disagree with you about MY op-ed here --not
> to insult you --just wanted to make sure you
> understood my inflection here.
>
> (-:/
>
> Gordon Wayne Watts - Lakeland, Fla.

Jesus Christ dude! You think that you are a whole hell of a lot more important than you actually are. You are a freak.

Posted by: GordonWayneWatts ()
Date: January 20, 2011 09:15PM

Now, I have a question - where did you hear of the 'scripted' pre-planned callers.

#1) It is true that I myself was offered a chance to be a pre-planned liberal caller on Hannity (ironically, I asm not liberal -why linda, the call screener, thought I was is quite a myster)

#2) It is also true that I found another person who had a similar experience (HE was offered a chance to be a scripted- pre-planned caller on Hannity) --and I link to his post -and do a screen shot in case his link goes down , --but :

#3) Where did YOU hear about this phenomenon.

IN ALL FAINESS to "Registered Voter," will say this:

a) I don't know if "most" callers are pre-planned or merely a few -but apparently, you have both "regular" callers (not pre-scripterd) and then of course "set up, pre-scripted callers:

http://GordonWatts.com/HealthCareQuestionTooHard.html
alt:
http://GordonWayneWatts.com/HealthCareQuestionTooHard.html

b) Hannity is the only talk show that I know has done this -because all the other times I've called other talk shows (both liberal and conservative), they didn't know what i was going to ask until I asked it. (And a few of the times I called Hannity, THEY had no pre-notice either.)

But, back to my original question: #3) WFUNdamental, here did YOU hear about this phenomenon or pre-scripted callers??

Truth is the strongest, most stable force in the Universe
Truth doesn't change because you disbelieve it
TRUTH doesn't bend to the will of tyrants
http://GordonWayneWatts.com / http://GordonWatts.com
Get Truth.
"First, they [Nazis] came for the Jews. I was silent. I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists. I was silent. I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists. I was silent. I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me. There was no one left to speak for me." (Martin Niemöller, given credit for a quotation in The Harper Religious and Inspirational Quotation Companion, ed. Margaret Pepper (New York: Harper &Row, 1989), 429 -as cited on page 44, note 17, of Religious Cleansing in the American Republic, by Keith A. Fornier, Copyright 1993, by Liberty, Life, and Family Publications.
Some versions have Mr. Niemöller saying: "Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant"; other versions have him saying that they came for Socialists, Industrialists, schools, the press, and/or the Church; however, it's certain he DID say SOMETHING like this. Actually, they may not have come for the Jews first, as it's more likely they came for the prisoners, mentally handicapped, & other so-called "inferiors" first -as historians tell us -so they could get "practiced up"; however, they did come for them -due to the silence of their neighbors -and due in part to their own silence. So: "Speak up now or forever hold your peace!"-GWW

Date: January 20, 2011 09:37PM

"Things that make you go ... 'hmm...'."

Now, seeing that I am supporting your claims of some prescripted callers here, one might think that we are the same person.

FWIW, anyone what wants to contact me, -- you know my webpages in my signature, with the contact link --or you can google "Gordon Wayne Watts" -- LOL

However, just to be fair and play Devil's advocate, if I were vetting this claim (and wanted to make sure that you weren't doublepoisting under my screen name), I would also check the idenity of the 3rd guy, whose post I referenced in my story.

Remember? This one:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/8/18/769129/-Sean-Hannity-called-me-cause-show-needs-more-liberal-callers

http://gordonwaynewatts.com/FannyDeregulation/pre-planned-callers.jpg

http://gordonwatts.com/FannyDeregulation/pre-planned-callers.jpg

Now, I admit that this guy may be liberal, and thus you might not trust what he says, but so long a we can prove that you and he aren't the same guy, I think we have 2 strong witnesses.

Lastly, since it is indisputable that I am more conservative than Rush (see prior posts or google me), I have no motive to lie - and we have 3 witnesses saying there are at least some pre-scripted callers -even though obviously not all of them are. (Many times, if not most, my callers are pre-screened when I call in, but not pre-scripted.)

Get Truth.
"First, they [Nazis] came for the Jews. I was silent. I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists. I was silent. I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists. I was silent. I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me. There was no one left to speak for me." (Martin Niemöller, given credit for a quotation in The Harper Religious and Inspirational Quotation Companion, ed. Margaret Pepper (New York: Harper &Row, 1989), 429 -as cited on page 44, note 17, of Religious Cleansing in the American Republic, by Keith A. Fornier, Copyright 1993, by Liberty, Life, and Family Publications.
Some versions have Mr. Niemöller saying: "Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant"; other versions have him saying that they came for Socialists, Industrialists, schools, the press, and/or the Church; however, it's certain he DID say SOMETHING like this. Actually, they may not have come for the Jews first, as it's more likely they came for the prisoners, mentally handicapped, & other so-called "inferiors" first -as historians tell us -so they could get "practiced up"; however, they did come for them -due to the silence of their neighbors -and due in part to their own silence. So: "Speak up now or forever hold your peace!"-GWW

Date: January 20, 2011 09:39PM

My last post, which began with "Things that make you go hmmm." was a reply to FUNdamental's post which asked this thetorical question:

"Ever wonder how sean's radio show ends at six PM and he is still able to start to tape his daily Fox News Show at six PM?"

I attempted to quote him/her in my reply, but since I am new to this forum board, I did not know how.

LOL

Date: January 20, 2011 09:46PM

PDS Wrote:
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> -----
> > Talk Radio for the most part isn't "talk," as
> in
> > "conversation." Did you know most of the
> callers
> > to the Sean Hannity show and the Mark Levin
> show
> > are scripted plants? The callers are given a
> > script writen by the host and producers, and
> the
> > producers call them a few minutes before they
> go
> > on the air. It is nothing more than a shill,
> and
> > could be considered propaganda.
>
>
> Please provide some proof of this. That would be
> the death knell for conservative talk radio if it
> were true.

OK, I've just now figured out how to "quote" a comment in my reply (LOL - I feel dumb -even though I'm a 'seasoned vetern' of the Internet.)

To address your request for proof, please note FOUR (4) things:

1) FUNdamental so testified
2) the guy I quote (and link to) in my own op-ed so testifies.
3) I so testify -and lastly:
4) I am uber-conservative, meaning i have no motive to malign conservitive talk radio -even for a "stupid moderate" consaervative like Sean Hannirty -who is not a true conservitive.

Get Truth.

Date: January 20, 2011 09:50PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Voter_____ Wrote:
> -----
> > Limbaugh's show isn't really very good either.
> He
> > just free associates and his train of thought
> is
> > all over the place. It takes a fair amount of
> > talent just to be able to fill that much
> airtime
> > but most of what he says doesn't make any sense.
>
> > A lot of the time he is just making
> mischief--not
> > really trying to be coherent. Who can blame
> him?
> > He got rich as hell just mouthing off on the
> radio
> > and having fun. Not hard to see why people
> would
> > try to copy that...
> >
>
> And yet... why is it that the libtards can't make
> it with that format. Let's get Alec Baldwin on the
> radio - oh yeah, he is a wonder-brain for sure. He
> and Obama went to the same school of off script
> improvisation - "uh, uh, uh" "um, um, um"

To be fair to my fellow-conservitive, please note that I hold the standard quite well in my recent bid for State Congress -especially my near-win in the Terri Schiavo case - where I almost won that case by myself:

http://gordonwatts.com/Campaign.html
or:
http://gordonwaynewatts.com/Campaign.html

Date: January 20, 2011 09:57PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> GW Watts (R-Fla) Wrote:
> -----
> > I would like to apologize to "FUNdamental" --
> when
> > I called another poster a goofy-@ss --
> >
> > You were agreeing that my op-ed was legit -- I
> was
> > replying to 'Registered voter.'
> >
> > Also, "Registered voter," while I did call you
> a
> > goofy-a$$, I was only doing so to underscore
> how
> > much I disagree with you about MY op-ed here
> --not
> > to insult you --just wanted to make sure you
> > understood my inflection here.
> >
> > (-:/
> >
> > Gordon Wayne Watts - Lakeland, Fla.
>
> Jesus Christ dude! You think that you are a whole
> hell of a lot more important than you actually
> are. You are a freak.

I think you're missing the point here - even though I'm not really that important, nonetheless, when you have THREE witnesses making the same claims (2 liberals: FUNdamental and the Kos poster I cite), and 1 conservative (myself), you can rest assured it's probably got at least *somw* truth to it.

Date: January 20, 2011 10:00PM

mcsmack Wrote:
> GW Watts (R-Fla) Wrote:
> -----
> > I would like to apologize to "FUNdamental" --
> when
> > I called another poster a goofy-@ss --
> >
> > You were agreeing that my op-ed was legit -- I
> was
> > replying to 'Registered voter.'
> >
> > Also, "Registered voter," while I did call you
> a
> > goofy-a$$, I was only doing so to underscore
> how
> > much I disagree with you about MY op-ed here
> --not
> > to insult you --just wanted to make sure you
> > understood my inflection here.
> >
> > (-:/
> >
> > Gordon Wayne Watts - Lakeland, Fla.
>
> Jesus Christ dude! You think that you are a whole
> hell of a lot more important than you actually
> are. You are a freak.

Also, what beef do you have with someone apologizing?

If you're going to go off on me for looking "important," a more logical post might be the one where I claim that I nearly won the court case for Terri Schiavo -- all by myself. ('Almost' I was on the 'save terri' side which lost.)

Here, let me redo it - just for you

O-:/

The following letter was written by Gordon Wayne Watts of Lakeland, Florida, who received a Bachelor’s degree from The Florida State University with a double major in Biological and Chemical Sciences with honors and was the valedictorian from United Electronics Institute. Watts, a non-lawyer, is best known for his lawsuit on behalf of Terri Schiavo[1], which lost 4-3 in the Florida Supreme Court, arguably doing better than even then Governor Jeb Bush’s similar suit[2] (lost: 7-0) or Terri Schiavo’s own family’s federal case[3] (lost: 2-1). Mr. Watts, who ran unsuccessfully for Dist. 64 Fla. House of Representatives[4], is a part-time political activist while he searches for a full-time job in his field.

Sources:
[1] In Re: GORDON WAYNE WATTS (as next friend of THERESA MARIE “TERRI†SCHIAVO), No. SC03-2420 (Fla. Feb.23, 2003), denied 4-3 on rehearing. http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/dispositions/2005/2/03-2420reh.pdf
[2] In Re: JEB BUSH, GOVERNOR OF FLORIDA, ET AL. v. MICHAEL SCHIAVO, GUARDIAN: THERESA SCHIAVO, No. SC04-925 (Fla. Oct.21, 2004), denied 7-0 on rehearing. http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/clerk/dispositions/2004/10/04-925reh.pdf
[3] Schiavo ex rel. Schindler v. Schiavo ex rel. Schiavo, 403 F.3d 1223, 2005 WL 648897 (11th Cir. Mar.23, 2005), denied 2-1 on appeal. http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200511628.pdf
[4] Key Phrase search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22florida+house%22+64+%22gordon+wayne+watts%22&cts=1255495265724&aq=f&oq=&aqi= and http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22florida+house%22+64+%22gordon+wayne+watts%22&fr=yfp-t-155&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8 -- Official Campaign pages: http://GordonWayneWatts.com/Campaign.html and http://GordonWatts.com/Campaign.html

Get Truth.

Date: January 21, 2011 07:13AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> Yes, you are an idiot.
>
> You have no answer, so you let your own ignorance
> show. If you know what Luntz was referring to,
> then you obviously know what Obamacare means. But
> sure, act like the dolt you are.

Again Luntz was referring, at the request of the insurance lobby, to the public option. There is no public option, hence no "obamacare".

And I heard a call come into hannity yesterday. Exactly like the Fun said it would pan out. It started off Sean you are a great American etc and then went int "I am a small business owner. I have worked for thirty years building my business and have 100 employees". Then he went on to say he provides heath coverage to his employees, but because of the health care bill he will have to spend $250,000 to comply. Sean agreed with him and moved onto the next scripted call.

And if at least some calls are not pre-arranged, how did that 98 year old Marty get on his show so much. He must have been one fast dialer!

Posted by: GordonWWatts = forum whore ()
Date: January 21, 2011 07:33AM

Hey Gordo,

Get the hell away from the keyboard. What a pathetic moron.

Date: January 21, 2011 07:34AM

I don't know if some of them are scripted or not, but certainly not all are. Occasionally I hear some caller that Hannity thinks he agrees with and then the caller starts heading down the wrong path and you can hear Hannity's frustration. Regardless, it's always a no truth zone. Hannity frequently just lies and never corrects false assertions from callers unless they conflict with his narrative.

Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
> >
> >
> ignorance
> But
>
>
> Again Luntz was referring, at the request of the
> insurance lobby, to the public option. There is no
> public option, hence no "obamacare".
>
> And I heard a call come into hannity yesterday.
> Exactly like the Fun said it would pan out. It
> started off Sean you are a great American etc and
> then went int "I am a small business owner. I have
> worked for thirty years building my business and
> have 100 employees". Then he went on to say he
> provides heath coverage to his employees, but
> because of the health care bill he will have to
> spend $250,000 to comply. Sean agreed with him and
> moved onto the next scripted call.
>
> And if at least some calls are not pre-arranged,
> how did that 98 year old Marty get on his show so
> much. He must have been one fast dialer!

Posted by: AlphaMikeFoxtrot ()
Date: January 21, 2011 07:43AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> -----
> >
> >
> ignorance
> But
>
>
> Again Luntz was referring, at the request of the
> insurance lobby, to the public option. There is no
> public option, hence no "obamacare".
>
> And I heard a call come into hannity yesterday.
> Exactly like the Fun said it would pan out. It
> started off Sean you are a great American etc and
> then went int "I am a small business owner. I have
> worked for thirty years building my business and
> have 100 employees". Then he went on to say he
> provides heath coverage to his employees, but
> because of the health care bill he will have to
> spend $250,000 to comply. Sean agreed with him and
> moved onto the next scripted call.
>
> And if at least some calls are not pre-arranged,
> how did that 98 year old Marty get on his show so
> much. He must have been one fast dialer!

Opinion isn't fact. Marty got on because he had a separate number to call. Callers are screened. That is how they shape the calls, not some libtard truther conspiracy. The calls aren't random, but they aren't scripted either. Hannity is an average Joe who lucked into having a time slot in NY right after Rush and parlayed that into his national gig. Listen to Chris Plant on at 9 am WMAL. He fights with libs all the time on his show. Hannity isn't near as good as Plant and just stays on message with a few points hammering them in no matter what the caller says.

Rush is more of a commentator who takes a few calls to kick start topics that he's interested in talking about. Again, his calls are screened so he can shape the topics of his show.

Poll after poll shows only 20% of this country is liberal. Conservatism is ascendancy as it always does when the libs take over. Odumbo is swinging to the center, where he'll stay for two years trying to get reelected. The majority of the country agrees more with the core values of Rush than they do Barrack. RV is right about one thing at least, you are an idiot.

Posted by: Conservative World Conquerer ()
Date: January 21, 2011 07:47AM

All this talk about this so-called "Obamacare" (term created by the Insurance Lobby) interfering with job growth is complete and total utter Bullshit. The so-called "conservatives" were using the 'unknown' tax situation as an Excuse last fall. Now it's clear everybody got what they wanted out of that, Now where are the Jobs?. The reason there's no jobs is because the Bankers are hording 'their?.' precious Monopoly Money because they're Not finished depleting the working class of their life savings; so they can drive wages down to near nothing and take advantage of Slave labor and get their mansions cleaned for free. And send the rest off to guard their precious metal and natural resources stockpiles. They're getting everything ready to turn USA over into a Massive Police State. Orwell wasn't kidding, 1984 here we come. That's what's going on.

Most of you fools are living in LaLa Land

Posted by: Oh the Humanity ()
Date: January 21, 2011 08:26AM

Conservative World Conquerer Wrote:
> All this talk about this so-called "Obamacare"
> (term created by the Insurance Lobby) interfering
> with job growth is complete and total utter
> Bullshit. The so-called "conservatives" were
> using the 'unknown' tax situation as an Excuse
> last fall. Now it's clear everybody got what they
> wanted out of that, Now where are the Jobs?. The
> reason there's no jobs is because the Bankers are
> hording 'their?.' precious Monopoly Money because
> they're Not finished depleting the working class
> of their life savings; so they can drive wages
> down to near nothing and take advantage of Slave
> labor and get their mansions cleaned for free.
> And send the rest off to guard their precious
> metal and natural resources stockpiles. They're
> getting everything ready to turn USA over into a
> Massive Police State. Orwell wasn't kidding, 1984
> here we come. That's what's going on.
>
> Most of you fools are living in LaLa Land

Incorrect fool. The conservatives were using a lot of "excuses" last fall including repealing obamacare. Who gives a shit where that term originated.

Money doesn't create jobs, demand does.

Who's they (i.e. "They're getting everything ready to turn USA over into a
Massive Police State.")? American's continue to lose our individual freedom at the expense of the state. The bankers aren't taking that away. The government is. Notice it's called a police STATE, not a police BANKING SYSTEM.

Your post is nonsense

Date: January 21, 2011 08:46AM

AlphaMikeFoxtrot Wrote:
>
>
> Opinion isn't fact. Marty got on because he had a
> separate number to call. Callers are screened.
> That is how they shape the calls, not some libtard
> truther conspiracy. The calls aren't random, but
> they aren't scripted either.

Hahahaha I have heard Hannity help people with the pronunciation of words they were having trouble with. A couple of times I have heard finish a callers sentence. Bot of them talking same words, same time.

> Hannity is an
> average Joe who lucked into having a time slot in
> NY right after Rush and parlayed that into his
> national gig. Listen to Chris Plant on at 9 am
> WMAL. He fights with libs all the time on his
> show. Hannity isn't near as good as Plant and
> just stays on message with a few points hammering
> them in no matter what the caller says.

While Chris Plante takes calls, you can def tell the difference between a Plante caller and a Hannity caller. One is very polished and knows exactly what to say.

> Rush is more of a commentator who takes a few
> calls to kick start topics that he's interested in
> talking about. Again, his calls are screened so
> he can shape the topics of his show.

Rush may be a commentator, but he bills himself as an "entertainer". That way, when he is wrong he doesnt have to admit it. Just like the Pyschic 900 calls - for entertainment only.

>
> Poll after poll shows only 20% of this country is
> liberal. Conservatism is ascendancy as it always
> does when the libs take over. Odumbo is swinging
> to the center, where he'll stay for two years
> trying to get reelected.

The center, as a faithful Hannity listener I know that Obama is the most radical president in US history. Radical, radical, radical! I hear those words constantly. The center? Do you call yourself a conservative or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2011 08:47AM by Radiophile.

Date: January 21, 2011 08:46AM

Oh the Humanity Wrote:
> Conservative World Conquerer Wrote:
> -----
> > All this talk about this so-called "Obamacare"
> > (term created by the Insurance Lobby)
> interfering
> > with job growth is complete and total utter
> > Bullshit. The so-called "conservatives" were
> > using the 'unknown' tax situation as an Excuse
> > last fall. Now it's clear everybody got what
> they
> > wanted out of that, Now where are the Jobs?.
> The
> > reason there's no jobs is because the Bankers
> are
> > hording 'their?.' precious Monopoly Money
> because
> > they're Not finished depleting the working
> class
> > of their life savings; so they can drive wages
> > down to near nothing and take advantage of
> Slave
> > labor and get their mansions cleaned for free.
> > And send the rest off to guard their precious
> > metal and natural resources stockpiles.
> They're
> > getting everything ready to turn USA over into
> a
> > Massive Police State. Orwell wasn't kidding,
> 1984
> > here we come. That's what's going on.
> >
> > Most of you fools are living in LaLa Land
>
>
> Incorrect fool. The conservatives were using a
> lot of "excuses" last fall including repealing
> obamacare. Who gives a shit where that term
> originated.
>
> Money doesn't create jobs, demand does.
>
> Who's they (i.e. "They're getting everything ready
> to turn USA over into a
> Massive Police State.")? American's continue to
> lose our individual freedom at the expense of the
> state. The bankers aren't taking that away. The
> government is. Notice it's called a police STATE,
> not a police BANKING SYSTEM.
>
> Your post is nonsense

No. You're just the kind of FOOL I was talking about. There's 5 banking ("Financial-Services") Lobbyists to Every single Congressman and Senator that walks the halls of Congress. There are More Money-Changer Lobbyists than any other kind of Lobbyists. The Bankers OWN the government (they Pick the winners&losers (it is NOT Capitalism) (only at the Lower end) (IT IS A PLUTOCRACY!!!) While they are taking away your "individual freedom" right under your nose, your foolish-ass is yapping incoherent cliches like, "Money doesn't create jobs, demand does!" . Maybe you should be writing fortune cookies?. The depth of your knowledge is a terrible thing to waste.

Posted by: AMF ()
Date: January 21, 2011 10:29AM

Radiophile Wrote:

> > Poll after poll shows only 20% of this country
> is
> > liberal. Conservatism is ascendancy as it
> always
> > does when the libs take over. Odumbo is
> swinging
> > to the center, where he'll stay for two years
> > trying to get reelected.
>
> The center, as a faithful Hannity listener I know
> that Obama is the most radical president in US
> history. Radical, radical, radical! I hear those
> words constantly. The center? Do you call
> yourself a conservative or what?

Obama was the most liberal member of the Senate as rated by both the left and right based on his voting record. Does that make him radical? Perhaps not. But he is most definitely out of step with most of the voters in the country (thus, the shellacking of two months ago). The center is going to be what his pollsters tell him the majority of voters want. Hate Bush or love him, he didn't give a rats rump about polls. Obama has jettisoned his lefty desires in order to get reelected. A man with no core values is morally bankrupt. This is true of Obama and of the party he portends to lead.

Posted by: Well it must be true then ()
Date: January 21, 2011 10:54AM

Conservative World Conquerer Wrote:

>
> No. You're just the kind of FOOL I was talking
> about. There's 5 banking ("Financial-Services")
> Lobbyists to Every single Congressman and Senator
> that walks the halls of Congress. There are More
> Money-Changer Lobbyists than any other kind of
> Lobbyists. The Bankers OWN the government (they
> Pick the winners&losers (it is NOT Capitalism)
> (only at the Lower end) (IT IS A PLUTOCRACY!!!)
> While they are taking away your "individual
> freedom" right under your nose, your foolish-ass
> is yapping incoherent cliches like, "Money doesn't
> create jobs, demand does!" . Maybe you should be
> writing fortune cookies?. The depth of your
> knowledge is a terrible thing to waste.

LOL. Of course this government is corrupt. Thus, the rise of the Tea Party. But tards like you seem to think it is the bankers fault that they try and get legislation they want by donating and lobbying. What about the nutty environmental crooks out there like the Sierra Club? What about moveon.org, that donates millions every election cycle? Everyone has their hands the cookie jar. It's not just the Banks, it's not just Wall Street. And genius, guess who the largest donators and lobbyists are.............UNIONS! Yep, that's right. The mob, who act like they represent the common Joe but really steal millions for themselves every year from their members wallets have the entire democrat party in their back pocket.

See, the kind of fool I am is one who actually has a clue and can easily refute the garbage you post. I can see why you rage so. Must suck to get called out on your nonsense.

Date: January 21, 2011 11:09AM

Well it must be true then Wrote:
> Conservative World Conquerer Wrote:
>
> >
> > No. You're just the kind of FOOL I was talking
> > about. There's 5 banking
> ("Financial-Services")
> > Lobbyists to Every single Congressman and
> Senator
> > that walks the halls of Congress. There are
> More
> > Money-Changer Lobbyists than any other kind of
> > Lobbyists. The Bankers OWN the government
> (they
> > Pick the winners&losers (it is NOT Capitalism)
> > (only at the Lower end) (IT IS A PLUTOCRACY!!!)
>
> > While they are taking away your "individual
> > freedom" right under your nose, your
> foolish-ass
> > is yapping incoherent cliches like, "Money
> doesn't
> > create jobs, demand does!" . Maybe you should
> be
> > writing fortune cookies?. The depth of your
> > knowledge is a terrible thing to waste.
>
> LOL. Of course this government is corrupt. Thus,
> the rise of the Tea Party. But tards like you
> seem to think it is the bankers fault that they
> try and get legislation they want by donating and
> lobbying. What about the nutty environmental
> crooks out there like the Sierra Club? What about
> moveon.org, that donates millions every election
> cycle? Everyone has their hands the cookie jar.
> It's not just the Banks, it's not just Wall
> Street. And genius, guess who the largest
> donators and lobbyists are.............UNIONS!
> Yep, that's right. The mob, who act like they
> represent the common Joe but really steal millions
> for themselves every year from their members
> wallets have the entire democrat party in their
> back pocket.
>
> See, the kind of fool I am is one who actually has
> a clue and can easily refute the garbage you post.
> I can see why you rage so. Must suck to get
> called out on your nonsense.

Jane You Slut. The Lobbys you stated, are all funded by Wall Street 'Financial Services' conglomerates. They are used to stir up the pot and create confusion to take the focus off the real issue of turning the country from a Capitalist Democracy to a Socialist Plutocracy.

Do your homework, Moron, before you claim victory. Your next assignment, Which came first the chicken or the egg? Think before you talk and Look it up, Idiot.

It only sucks to be me, when I have educate Morons like you.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.