HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Psychology Graduate Student Needs Volunteers
Posted by: Michal Otten ()
Date: September 29, 2007 05:22PM

Child Volunteers Needed!

A George Mason University school psychology Master’s student is looking for children ages 6-16 to take part in graduate student intellectual assessment training. Student has received a criminal background check prior to entry into the program. Course instructor: Ellen W. Rowe, PhD.

Who:
• Children ages 6-16 who will not need a standardized assessment with the WISC-IV, Stanford-Binet V, or any other intellectual assessments within the next year. A child who has already taken any of these tests this year is fine.
Where:
• Child’s home or George Mason University Center for Psychological Services (Fairfax, VA)
When:
• September-December 2007
• Approximately 3-4 hours one time commitment
• Flexible schedule (at your convenience)
What is Required of Volunteers:
• A practice intellectual assessment
• Small prize provided to child after completion of assessment
Risks/Benefits:
• No likely risks; child may experience some test anxiety if unfamiliar with testing procedures. All data is used anonymously and destroyed following course completion.
• No direct benefits, but child will gain exposure to individualized testing environment and assist graduate student training.

NO TEST RESULTS WILL BE PROVIDED TO VOLUNTEERS

If interested, please call graduate student Michal at (240) 277-6961, or email at motten@gmu.edu.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Psychology Graduate Student Needs Volunteers
Posted by: $ ()
Date: September 29, 2007 06:28PM

This sounds very intersesting. Please tell me what the test is about. Make a post about it. I've got three that i'd be willing to offer up. I would need 10 dollars a piece though.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: September 30, 2007 06:38PM

Go by the Target store in Burke. You can test all the little brats that run up and down the aisles screaming and knocking things over why mommy yuppie looks on with a smile.

Posted by: Michal Otten ()
Date: October 15, 2007 03:43PM

It is a formal test, not an observation. If interested, please email or call me at motten@gmu.edu or (240) 277-6961 .

I prefer not to offer money because I am a poor graduate student living completely off of loans. However, I will give your kid a little prize for participating. Knowing that you helped further a grad studen't education should be enough for a parent to do it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.