HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sarah Palin Screams "Blood Libel"
Date: January 12, 2011 11:37AM

"Blood libel" is a phrase that refers to a centuries-old anti-Semitic slander - the false charge that Jews use the blood of Christian children for rituals - that has been used as an excuse for persecution.

Yep. Let's use anti-Semitic slander to describe our reaction to a Jewish person being shot by a guy purportedly tied to a white Supremacist group.

The implosion of Sarah Palin continues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sarah Palin Screams "Blood Libel"
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:39AM

I think she was better off before she hired speechwriters. You betcha.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:40AM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think she was better off before she hired
> speechwriters. You betcha.

LOL!

She sure has a knack for drawing from anti-Semitic sources. Didn't she quote some well-known anti-Semitic essayist during the political campaign?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:42AM

Source?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:45AM

That lady is an idiot, no matter what her party affiliation is. How anyone can think that's she's qualified enough to do anything other than look good for a 4o something MILF is beyond me. And to say "she represents what I believe in" is asinine.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:46AM

Her foray into "grown up politics" has been a major disappointment. I found her much more entertaining regaling us with stories of Russia, moose and wolf shooting, and teenage horniness.

We've gone from the theater of the absurb to theater of the shrill and boring.

Ahhhhhh, for the good old days...

I wish the RNC would hook her up with Dennis Leary as a speechwriter. I'd make popcorn for THOSE pressers...lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 11:49AM by fairfaxdude.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:48AM

She didn't mean "blood libel" as an anti-Semitic remark. She meant "blood libel" as a type of surveyor's mark.

Date: January 12, 2011 11:50AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Source?

The Inquisition. The Holocaust. You name it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:51AM

GMU Hokie and pas'ion say....the Washington Post!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/12/AR2011011202145.html?hpid=topnews

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Source?

Date: January 12, 2011 11:51AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> She didn't mean "blood libel" as an anti-Semitic
> remark. She meant "blood libel" as a type of
> surveyor's mark.

Heh.

She's probably too damn dumb to do the research necessary before using a word like this. She really lobbed a grenade into the fray this time. I don't see how this doesn't seriously damage her political aspirations. It makes Macaca look like...well...caca.

Posted by: 4 more years ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:53AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> surveyor's mark.

Lol!

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:55AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> surveyor's mark.

Hahahaha!

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 12, 2011 11:56AM

She is an idiot. I have NEVER liked her.

Posted by: ShastaGreen ()
Date: January 12, 2011 12:00PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> "Blood libel" is a phrase that refers to a
> centuries-old anti-Semitic slander - the false
> charge that Jews use the blood of Christian
> children for rituals - that has been used as an
> excuse for persecution.
>
> Yep. Let's use anti-Semitic slander to describe
> our reaction to a Jewish person being shot by a
> guy purportedly tied to a white Supremacist
> group.
>
> The implosion of Sarah Palin continues.

You, sir, are a moron.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:03PM

ShastaGreen Wrote:

> >
> > The implosion of Sarah Palin continues.
>
>
> You, sir, are a moron.

Yeah. "I'm being picked on like a Jew" is a real winning strategy. Especially when one of the victims is a Jew who may have been shot by an anti-Semite.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:11PM

Im sure she liked this....

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=41117

.....and hovered over her speechwriters, all insisty-like and makey-this-changey, until they relented and put "blood libel" in there.

Then she made 'em all some nicey juicy moosey-burgers and they all took a nappy.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:13PM

>
> Yeah. "I'm being picked on like a Jew" is a real
> winning strategy. Especially when one of the
> victims is a Jew who may have been shot by an
> anti-Semite.

It's as if she hired Graham Gano as a speechwriter.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: January 12, 2011 12:25PM

Funny, the article explains it much better, and gives the context in which she used it, and WHERE it was first used regarding this issue.

...Palin's statement contained an instance of provocative religious imagery that might be missed by more secular voters who read her statement, but which likely will be recognized by the religious conservatives who constitute such an important part of her following.

"Within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn," she wrote. "That is reprehensible."

"Blood libel" is a phrase that refers to a centuries-old anti-Semitic slander - the false charge that Jews use the blood of Christian children for rituals - that has been used as an excuse for persecution. The phrase was first used in connection with response to the Arizona shootings in an opinion piece in Monday's Wall Street Journal and has been picked up by others on the right. ...

While "blood libel" may have been used in that context in the past, that doesn't mean it has any other connotation here than falsely accusing someone or a group of doing something that is not true. The Jews used the charge to scare people off the Christians and generate hatred for them. Seem like the context here is spot on.

She is still an idiot. But that folks will get worked up in a froth over anything she says is even more laughable. You all are as bad as she is in the way you over-react to what she says.

EDIT: And more in context, the original op ed:

The Arizona Tragedy and the Politics of Blood Libel
Those who purport to care about the tenor of political discourse don't help civil debate when they seize on any pretext to call their political opponents accomplices to murder.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703667904576071913818696964.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
...To be clear, if you're using this event to criticize the "rhetoric" of Mrs. Palin or others with whom you disagree, then you're either: (a) asserting a connection between the "rhetoric" and the shooting, which based on evidence to date would be what we call a vicious lie; or (b) you're not, in which case you're just seizing on a tragedy to try to score unrelated political points, which is contemptible. Which is it?

I understand the desperation that Democrats must feel after taking a historic beating in the midterm elections and seeing the popularity of ObamaCare plummet while voters flee the party in droves. But those who purport to care about the health of our political community demonstrate precious little actual concern for America's political well-being when they seize on any pretext, however flimsy, to call their political opponents accomplices to murder....

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 12:28PM by Registered Voter.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:27PM

Oh I have no doubt she didn't mean it that way, and I myself confess I wouldn't know it was anti-Semitic either until this, but it's still funny.

Posted by: Voter_____ ()
Date: January 12, 2011 12:28PM

'Blood libel' is too specific a phrase to use without meaning something by it. Has this woman not heard of Google? Hasn't she figured out now that the downside of having your every utterance followed by the national media is that you had better choose your words carefully?

Date: January 12, 2011 12:30PM

"Recall how the events of 9-11 challenged our values and we had to fight the tendency to trade our freedoms for perceived security. And so it is today."

Actually this is a much more stupid thing to say, in my opinion, anyways, since to me we did exactly the opposite for the most part.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:33PM

Also this from Angle:

"Expanding the context of the attack to blame and to infringe upon the people's Constitutional liberties is both dangerous and ignorant," she said. "The irresponsible assignment of blame to me, Sarah Palin or the TEA Party movement by commentators and elected officials puts all who gather to redress grievances in danger."

They quote her like this twice, I assume it's a written statement quoted exactly as it appears. TEA Party. Is TEA an acronym?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 12:34PM by Johnny Walker.

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> "Recall how the events of 9-11 challenged our
> values and we had to fight the tendency to trade
> our freedoms for perceived security. And so it is
> today."
>
>
>
> Actually this is a much more stupid thing to say,
> in my opinion, anyways, since to me we did exactly
> the opposite for the most part.

Funny, I don't see any Muslim concentration camps. What Freedoms did we give up exactly? Other than being more brusquely frisked at the airport?

I see this stupidity by the Democratic Congressman as even more ridiculous - curbing first amendment rights by removing symbols such as targets in political discourse? Or even Rep King (Republican) calling for a 1000 foot firearm exclusion zone around elected officials... lol. Yeah, how will they enforce that utter stupidity.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: 4 more years ()

> ...Has this woman not heard of Google?...

It's rather unlikely she writes anything she says formally. As such, I'd expect an agenda by the person who DID write it.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:36PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Also this from Angle:
>
> "Expanding the context of the attack to blame and
> to infringe upon the people's Constitutional
> liberties is both dangerous and ignorant," she
> said. "The irresponsible assignment of blame to
> me, Sarah Palin or the TEA Party movement by
> commentators and elected officials puts all who
> gather to redress grievances in danger."
>
> They quote her like this twice, I assume it's a
> written statement quoted exactly as it appears.
> TEA Party. Is TEA an acronym?

Yeah, they have even changed the definitions found online to match it.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Tea_Party_Movement

Taxed Enough Already

Date: January 12, 2011 12:39PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Funny, I don't see any Muslim concentration camps.
> What Freedoms did we give up exactly? Other than
> being more brusquely frisked at the airport?
>
> I see this stupidity by the Democratic Congressman
> as even more ridiculous - curbing first amendment
> rights by removing symbols such as targets in
> political discourse? Or even Rep King (Republican)
> calling for a 1000 foot firearm exclusion zone
> around elected officials... lol. Yeah, how will
> they enforce that utter stupidity.

No, we haven't gone so far as to have Muslim concentration camps, and I didn't intend to start a huge debate on this, which is why I made it clear this was my opinion, but we've certainly sacrificed a lot in privacy, not to mention as another example indefinite detention, which is, again in my opinion, fundamentally opposite to our ideals.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:43PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
>
> No, we haven't gone so far as to have Muslim
> concentration camps, and I didn't intend to start
> a huge debate on this, which is why I made it
> clear this was my opinion, but we've certainly
> sacrificed a lot in privacy, not to mention as
> another example indefinite detention, which is,
> again in my opinion, fundamentally opposite to our
> ideals.

Which sounds really good in principle - I mean remember Obama on the campaign trail, he was just going to wipe Gitmo off the map and stop renditions.

Um.

The bottom line is, don't attack members of our armed forces or civilians and be identified as supporting terrorism, and indefinite detention is a non-issue. They had less than a 1000 detainees for the most part, and the ones they have 'let back into the wild' have gone back to their old ways in large numbers. So I guess we just need to shoot them and make sure they are dead next time. Much more humane I am sure than 3 square meals a day, and access to their religious materials of choice.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:45PM

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

"They begin and end with the criminals who commit them, not collectively with all the citizens of a state, not with those who listen to talk radio, not with maps of swing districts used by both sides of the aisle, not with law-abiding citizens who respectfully exercise their First Amendment rights at campaign rallies, not with those who proudly voted in the last election."

-- Sarah Palin

Is this the same woman who insisted muslims shouldn't build a mosque near ground zero because it would be insensitive?

Date: January 12, 2011 12:46PM

edit: accidentally hit a reply of an earlier post. damn iphone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 12:47PM by TheMeeper.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:47PM

Not to derail a good Palin debriding, but this is priceless too:

http://www.free-times.com/index.php?cat=1992209084141467&act=post&pid=11861101110850039

MY favorite Repub, good 'ol Joe Wilson, back in the news...with his infamous "YOU LIE" quote now being etched onto a SC gunmaker's product.

LIMITED EDITION!!! only 999 will be made!!! get it while you can!!!!!

But yeah, vitriol and violence don't REALLY have any connection...at all.

Amazingly, the web page for the etched rifle was taken down on the same day gunsights became surveyor's marks. Wheww.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:49PM

Voter_____ Wrote:
> "We must reject the idea that every time a law's
> broken, society is guilty rather than the
> lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American
> precept that each individual is accountable for
> his actions."
>
> "They begin and end with the criminals who commit
> them, not collectively with all the citizens of a
> state, not with those who listen to talk radio,
> not with maps of swing districts used by both
> sides of the aisle, not with law-abiding citizens
> who respectfully exercise their First Amendment
> rights at campaign rallies, not with those who
> proudly voted in the last election."
>
> -- Sarah Palin
>
> Is this the same woman who insisted muslims
> shouldn't build a mosque near ground zero because
> it would be insensitive?

Is there some point to the comparison? Let's see - radical Muslim religious zealots fly planes into WTC. Radical Muslims are taught daily that we are the great Satan and need to be destroyed. Hmm.

A person not affiliated with the Tea Party, or any conservative movement shoots a Congresswoman and a bunch of other people that is clearly a nut. How does that work again?

Idiot.

Date: January 12, 2011 12:50PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> edit: accidentally hit a reply of an earlier post.
> damn iphone.

Haha - I was wondering. Saw this quote and was like hmm... what's he going to say?

Date: January 12, 2011 12:54PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> Haha - I was wondering. Saw this quote and was
> like hmm... what's he going to say?

Would be nice if Phorum had a feature for viewing the site on mobile devices.

Date: January 12, 2011 01:07PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Which sounds really good in principle - I mean
> remember Obama on the campaign trail, he was just
> going to wipe Gitmo off the map and stop
> renditions.
>
> Um.
>
> The bottom line is, don't attack members of our
> armed forces or civilians and be identified as
> supporting terrorism, and indefinite detention is
> a non-issue. They had less than a 1000 detainees
> for the most part, and the ones they have 'let
> back into the wild' have gone back to their old
> ways in large numbers. So I guess we just need to
> shoot them and make sure they are dead next time.
> Much more humane I am sure than 3 square meals a
> day, and access to their religious materials of
> choice.

Yes, and I said I didn't want to get into a big discussion on this. I realize that a lot of policies, including that one, from the Bush administration have been continued under Obama. That doesn't mean I agree with it or that I like it. It also doesn't mean I think we should've just shot them all. I think it is possible to find a way to deal with these people legally and we should have been doing that from the beginning and should be doing it today.

I know the idea that there is something other than the absolute extremes interferes with your debating tactics but there are other options available between "lock 'em up forever or kill 'em all" and "oh we can just let those poor guys go after a nice chat."

Date: January 12, 2011 01:10PM

Careful, JOHNNY...when you pwn Reggie in debates like this, you have to be prepared to type A LOT.

It will definitely out-pixel you. LOL

Date: January 12, 2011 01:12PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> I know the idea that there is something other than
> the absolute extremes interferes with your
> debating tactics but there are other options
> available between "lock 'em up forever or kill 'em
> all" and "oh we can just let those poor guys go
> after a nice chat."

No no - you get me wrong. I have always believed these guys should have lawyers. Just they should be military lawyers, or lawyers from their country of origin. Doesn't mean they can send out messages, or that their conversations won't be monitored - and at some point they need to be processed and either incarcerated for a crime, or let go. But I also think once you have been to Gitmo, the second time around it is a step closer to just summary execution. In particular if it is on the battlefield, after ambushing our patrols, or using IEDs to blow them up.

But Gitmo was and still is necessary - we have to have someplace we can hold these jackasses that keeps them out of civilian population areas. Hell, I think they should just tie up a supertanker (and disable the engines) at Diego Garcia and keep them in one of those.

Date: January 12, 2011 01:14PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
> Careful, JOHNNY...when you pwn Reggie in debates
> like this, you have to be prepared to type A LOT.
>
> It will definitely out-pixel you. LOL

Yeah, as opposed to fetish crazed Fairy stalkers who only seem to come out when they either know their butt buddy is around, or they have their unrequited love interests show up.

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: January 12, 2011 01:47PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> That lady is an idiot, no matter what her party
> affiliation is. How anyone can think that's she's
> qualified enough to do anything other than look
> good for a 4o something MILF is beyond me. And to
> say "she represents what I believe in" is asinine.

Warhawk - I agree - I don't necessarily lean the same way as you on most political issues but you nailed it there. I'm surprised she's been given quite the gravitas she has. And for her to "represent" your side of the spectrum is ludicrous. I think it's more than anything because she's a woman and as you said generally personable and easy on the eyes (not MILF material imo but not bad either).

Date: January 12, 2011 02:08PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Yeah. "I'm being picked on like a Jew" is a
> real
> > winning strategy. Especially when one of the
> > victims is a Jew who may have been shot by an
> > anti-Semite.
>
> It's as if she hired Graham Gano as a
> speechwriter.

LOL!

Date: January 12, 2011 02:39PM

There are two points to the comparison, idiot:

1) Palin claims that individuals are responsible for the actions--not the words of others. If Palin can spout off any hateful thing she wants with impugnity, then it also shouldn't matter to her whether radical muslims teach daily that the great Satan needs to be destroyed. As long as peaceful muslims don't act out on those teachings they shouldn't be punished for other's words.

2) The point made over and over again was that while muslims had a legal right to build a mosque there, they shouldn't do it out of 'sensitivity'. Nobody questions Palin's legal right to put a map with crosshairs on it. But all of a sudden she seems to feel it is her duty to ignore concerns of sensitivity and speak her mind--the founders would have wanted it that way, naturally.

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> Is there some point to the comparison? Let's see -
> radical Muslim religious zealots fly planes into
> WTC. Radical Muslims are taught daily that we are
> the great Satan and need to be destroyed. Hmm.
>
> A person not affiliated with the Tea Party, or any
> conservative movement shoots a Congresswoman and a
> bunch of other people that is clearly a nut. How
> does that work again?
>
> Idiot.

Date: January 12, 2011 03:30PM

Voter_____ Wrote:
> There are two points to the comparison, idiot:
>
> 1) Palin claims that individuals are responsible
> for the actions--not the words of others. If
> Palin can spout off any hateful thing she wants
> with impugnity, then it also shouldn't matter to
> her whether radical muslims teach daily that the
> great Satan needs to be destroyed. As long as
> peaceful muslims don't act out on those teachings
> they shouldn't be punished for other's words.
>
> 2) The point made over and over again was that
> while muslims had a legal right to build a mosque
> there, they shouldn't do it out of 'sensitivity'.
> Nobody questions Palin's legal right to put a map
> with crosshairs on it. But all of a sudden she
> seems to feel it is her duty to ignore concerns of
> sensitivity and speak her mind--the founders would
> have wanted it that way, naturally.
>

Sure, Palin sits out and preaches to the masses every day that they should exercise their second amendment rights, or she tells everyone they should settle their issues with a gun. Right.

Your argument is worthless.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 12, 2011 03:43PM

I had never heard the term either, and had no idea it was an antisemetic term even after hearing it. But after knowing it, I stand amazed that it would be a center of attention. In a city where our football team is a racist slur, and no one bats an eye when anyone on TV talks about "Good Samaritans" (a story of how an enemy of the Jews helped a Jew even when fellow Jews would not, hardly a favorable term for Jews) why does "blood libel" make any difference other than Sarah Palin said it?

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Date: January 12, 2011 03:45PM

justsayin Wrote:
> I had never heard the term either, and had no idea
> it was an antisemetic term even after hearing it.
> But after knowing it, I stand amazed that it would
> be a center of attention. In a city where our
> football team is a racist slur, and no one bats an
> eye when anyone on TV talks about "Good
> Samaritans" (a story of how an enemy of the Jews
> helped a Jew even when fellow Jews would not,
> hardly a favorable term for Jews) why does "blood
> libel" make any difference other than Sarah Palin
> said it?

Given the timing and circumstances, it was a poor choice of words.

Date: January 12, 2011 03:49PM

> Given the timing and circumstances, it was a poor
> choice of words.

So beat up the guy from WSJ - he is the one that used it.

But in reality, I find it even more funny all the libs defending anti-Semitic language. Or attacking someone else for using it. Especially since, while blood libel may have been coined back then - it doesn't necessarily have to refer to Jews in context.

lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 03:49PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: Ox ()
Date: January 12, 2011 03:51PM

This was a poor choice by Palin. Putting targets on members of Congress and then saying "We only need to eliminate 17 more!"
Attachments:
Sarah-Palin-Targets-Gabrielle-Giffords.jpg

Date: January 12, 2011 03:52PM

It was certainly a poor choice of words. It was hardly anti-semitic or intended to draw a comparison to the persecution of Jews, which is what's been implied over and over again. Don't give Palin that much credit for knowing the history of the word.

Date: January 12, 2011 03:52PM

justsayin Wrote:
> I had never heard the term either, and had no idea
> it was an antisemetic term even after hearing it.
> But after knowing it, I stand amazed that it would
> be a center of attention. In a city where our
> football team is a racist slur, and no one bats an
> eye when anyone on TV talks about "Good
> Samaritans" (a story of how an enemy of the Jews
> helped a Jew even when fellow Jews would not,
> hardly a favorable term for Jews) why does "blood
> libel" make any difference other than Sarah Palin
> said it?

They are just desperate to have any reason to keep her in the news under a negative connotation. Desperate.

And this one is really becoming even more of a stretch then the initial issue of trying to tie her to the shooting in the first place. But it is much more important to keep the focus on her, then it is to worry about the true motives of the shooter. That is what you are seeing now.

EDIT: Especially since their first narrative - that it was all because of negative political rhetoric - has fallen on deaf ears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 03:54PM by Registered Voter.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:17PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> So beat up the guy from WSJ - he is the one that
> used it.
>

So I'm not allowed to point out that Palin is repeating something anti-Semitic? Pretty lame line of reasoning, RV.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:20PM

This tells me everything I need to know...

Palin's aides did not immediately respond to an e-mail Wednesday.

They will attempt to refudiate it, but I have a feeling the people around her know she has stepped into some major dogshit here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 04:20PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:26PM

> Registered Voter Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > So beat up the guy from WSJ - he is the one
> that
> > used it.
> >
>
>
> So I'm not allowed to point out that Palin is
> repeating something anti-Semitic? Pretty lame line
> of reasoning, RV.

You weren't pointing that out. You were merely bashing Palin in what is currently the talking points line being fed by MSM. I am pretty sure we can all accept that her usage had nothing to do with Jews in the context given - so all this fuss is about nothing but taking attention from the real motivations of the shooter. Again.

What is more newsworthy, the background and motivation of the shooter? Or what Sarah Palin says to defend from accusations that somehow folks involved with the Tea Party are erroneously tied to the issue? So what is a non-story, continues to be a non-story, regardless of what she says on that part of the issue. On the other hand, we would be well served to see if there is anything more telling in the background of this kid - maybe they will learn something.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:27PM

> -----
>
> >
> > So beat up the guy from WSJ - he is the one
> that
> > used it.
> >
>
>
> So I'm not allowed to point out that Palin is
> repeating something anti-Semitic? Pretty lame line
> of reasoning, RV.

What did Palin say that was anti-Semitic? She used the term Blood Libel, which itself refers to something anti-Semitic. The term itself is not.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:31PM

Palin's words reach back to sordid history
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/12/palins-words-reach-sordid-history/

...Matt Goldish, a professor of Jewish and European history at Ohio State, said it's clear Palin does not know the term's meaning or history, but that he did not think many people would find it offensive.

"The combination of the words, blood and libel, obviously kind of ring up together," Goldish said. "and you can imagine somebody who's obviously heard the phrase in their distant past have it come up on their radar screen."

Date: January 12, 2011 04:36PM

ShastaGreen Wrote:

>
> What did Palin say that was anti-Semitic? She used
> the term Blood Libel, which itself refers to
> something anti-Semitic. The term itself is not.

"Blood libel" means absolutely nothing unless taken in the context of the anti-Semitic term.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:38PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Palin's words reach back to sordid history
> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/12/palins-words-
> reach-sordid-history/
>
> ...Matt Goldish, a professor of Jewish and
> European history at Ohio State, said it's clear
> Palin does not know the term's meaning or history,
> but that he did not think many people would find
> it offensive.
>
> "The combination of the words, blood and libel,
> obviously kind of ring up together," Goldish said.
> "and you can imagine somebody who's obviously
> heard the phrase in their distant past have it
> come up on their radar screen."
> ...

Ask George "Macaca" Allen if obscure slander isn't offensive.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:40PM

Damn, Reggie you are the queen of selective excerpts.

From the same article:

"In her own thinking, I just don't understand the logical use of this word," said Ronnie Hsia, a professor of history at Pennsylvania State University who has written two books on the subject. "I think it's inappropriate and I frankly think if she or her staff know about the meaning of this word, I think it's insulting to the Jewish people."

Said Jerome Chanes, a research fellow at the Center for Jewish Studies at the City University of New York: "It's a classic case of, I don't know what you want to call it, semantic corruption."

Palin's aides did not immediately respond to an e-mail Wednesday.

I think it's a classic case of junior league speechwriter working out the kinks of slamming some smarmy bullshit together under a tight deadline, and a wanna-be-kingmaker who's too fucking stupid to edit their (her) product.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:42PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
> Damn, Reggie you are the queen of selective
> excerpts.
>
> From the same article:
>
> "In her own thinking, I just don't understand the
> logical use of this word," said Ronnie Hsia, a
> professor of history at Pennsylvania State
> University who has written two books on the
> subject. "I think it's inappropriate and I frankly
> think if she or her staff know about the meaning
> of this word, I think it's insulting to the Jewish
> people."
>
> Said Jerome Chanes, a research fellow at the
> Center for Jewish Studies at the City University
> of New York: "It's a classic case of, I don't know
> what you want to call it, semantic corruption."
>
> Palin's aides did not immediately respond to an
> e-mail Wednesday.
>
> I think it's a classic case of junior league
> speechwriter working out the kinks of slamming
> some smarmy bullshit together under a tight
> deadline, and a wanna-be-kingmaker who's too
> fucking stupid to edit their (her) product.

Macaca, I'm not a Witch, blood libel...

All the same kind of incompetence at work.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:43PM

Someone needs to wake Congresswoman Giffords up and let her know that Palin is the real victim here.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:45PM

I bet George Allen wishes he cudda puked about "lamestream media" that day too.

You betcha.

Date: January 12, 2011 04:59PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

> So beat up the guy from WSJ - he is the one that
> used it.
>
> But in reality, I find it even more funny all the
> libs defending anti-Semitic language. Or attacking
> someone else for using it. Especially since, while
> blood libel may have been coined back then - it
> doesn't necessarily have to refer to Jews in
> context.
>
> lol

This might be the dumbest post of your FFXU career, Reggie. Even worse than you defense of Halliburton in their refusal to support their staff when raped.

the WSJ guy? he's an idiot too.
the right-tard pundit who used it? he's an anonymous idiot.
Palin uses it? You betcha. She's a MASSIVE FUCKING idiot.

libs defending anti-Semetic language? ummm..DUH. I know your brain hurts when you think, but please, bitch...go lay on the cold server room floor until the pain pulses go away.

"doesnt necessarily have to refer to Jews in context"? Since that's the only use of the term, thats just fucking hilarious to read..

Your silent defense of Palin is again deafening...and now also full of rolling eyes, ROFLS, and LOLs.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: January 12, 2011 05:41PM

Wow, the fact that you take a term and suddenly deem it anti-semitic is stupid as shit.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Date: January 12, 2011 07:18PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Wow, the fact that you take a term and suddenly
> deem it anti-semitic is stupid as shit.

"suddenly" as in 2,000 years of use??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

Posted by: Crunch Time ()
Date: January 12, 2011 07:53PM

> ThePackLeader Wrote:
> -----
> > Wow, the fact that you take a term and suddenly
> > deem it anti-semitic is stupid as shit.
>
>
> "suddenly" as in 2,000 years of use??
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

It is a term used to describe a facet of anti-semitism. So, you are saying a term used to describe a form of anti-semitism is anti-semitic? Is the term "well poisoning" anti-semetic?

Don't get me wrong, Palin is an idiot and should have used a better term, but your logic on this thread is laboriously stupid.

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: January 12, 2011 08:01PM

Real razors edge bullshit man.

__________________________________________-----DDDD))))>>

Member Point of View, Bitches ass Niggas

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: January 12, 2011 08:24PM

I find the fixation that the left has with Palin entertaining. Each and every day CNN.com carries something about her on their political ticker.

Why all the Sarah interest?

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Date: January 12, 2011 08:30PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
>
> "doesnt necessarily have to refer to Jews in
> context"? Since that's the only use of the term,
> thats just fucking hilarious to read..
>
> Your silent defense of Palin is again
> deafening...and now also full of rolling eyes,
> ROFLS, and LOLs.

There is nothing to defend. The entire issue with Palin at this point is a construct of the MSM and loony left supporters. So again, let's review - she and Tea party folks were accused of attachment to an issue of which they have none. Second, most folks (outside of the loony left) has figured out that MSM is full of shit on that connection. Now Palin comes out with a measured statement, and basically fires a blast at the MSM, accusing them of creating a false narrative and hyping tensions by claiming that the Tea Party folks were essentially the main reason the shooting occurred (again, with amazingly no connection in reality - just their warped perception). MSM is guilty as hell on this, so instead of just letting their dead dog lie - they now want to pin Palin up for another NON issue. All of this so they can continue to do anything but explain how wrong they were in the first place - funny, I haven't heard any of them come out and go "ok, we made a mistake - we shouldn't have rushed out and accused anyone of anything without the facts" (like they did with Major Nidal).

Yeah, you are still a Fairy fucking idiot - and the fact that you and your loony left friends are continuing down the road less traveled because the MSM is painting a path for you. Well, have fun with that.

You are as pathetic as your butt buddy eesh, and again, you are right up there with the pathological sociopath crowd. Might want to get that looked into.

Posted by: Blame Your Momma ()
Date: January 12, 2011 09:02PM

You are so desperate to make this "blood libel" claim. If you had hot stepped in this mess in from the start in blaming your political rivals, you'd have something to stand on.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 12, 2011 09:29PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> You are as pathetic as your butt buddy eesh, and
> again, you are right up there with the
> pathological sociopath crowd. Might want to get
> that looked into.

Hey RV, what video games do you play?

Date: January 12, 2011 09:46PM

yea, we're all real proud XX LOLZ

eesh Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > You are as pathetic as your butt buddy eesh,
> and
> > again, you are right up there with the
> > pathological sociopath crowd. Might want to get
> > that looked into.
>
>
>
>
> Hey RV, what video games do you play?

Date: January 12, 2011 10:26PM

Crunch Time Wrote:

>
> Don't get me wrong, Palin is an idiot and should
> have used a better term, but your logic on this
> thread is laboriously stupid.

That's why conservative Jews like Jonah Goldberg and Ari Fleischer are grumbling about her use of the term?

Face it. Palin looks horrible now, especially after Obama's speech tonight. This woman is done. Her redneck gravy train is coming to an end.

Date: January 13, 2011 12:01AM

> Crunch Time Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, Palin is an idiot and
> should
> > have used a better term, but your logic on this
> > thread is laboriously stupid.
>
> That's why conservative Jews like Jonah Goldberg
> and Ari Fleischer are grumbling about her use of
> the term?

Do you understand the term? Do they? Again, is the term "well poisoning" anti-semetic? Yes or No.

> Face it. Palin looks horrible now, especially
> after Obama's speech tonight. This woman is done.
> Her redneck gravy train is coming to an end.

Fine, that just means Obama gets beat by Romney.

Posted by: pragmatist ()
Date: January 13, 2011 12:32AM

Crunch Time Wrote:
> Fine, that just means Obama gets beat by Romney.

+1.

The current President is a moron. His VP is a joke.

If Palin is dead in the water, so be it. The best the POTUS can hope for is a Palin candidacy. Otherwise, he loses. He has zippy chance of beating even a moron like Huckabee.

Date: January 13, 2011 06:27AM

The presidency is a hoax, and I blame fox news. Jews being deposed and blamed for it all I'm all for. This is your brain, this is your brain rumping smokey the bear in the butt.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2011 06:30AM by Juxtaposition.

Posted by: Standard Method ()
Date: January 13, 2011 08:09AM

> That's why conservative Jews like Jonah Goldberg
> and Ari Fleischer are grumbling about her use of
> the term?

Ari Fleischer barely mentioned the use of the term and certainly didn't come anywhere close to calling its use antisemitic. Jonah Goldberg didn't either. He said it was a "less than ideal" term, but did not term the use of the phrase antisemitic.

Nice reach on your part. Maybe you can start another Sarah Palin thread.

Date: January 13, 2011 09:09AM

pragmatist Wrote:
> Crunch Time Wrote:
> -----
> > Fine, that just means Obama gets beat by
> Romney.
>
> +1.
>
> The current President is a moron. His VP is a
> joke.
>
> If Palin is dead in the water, so be it. The best
> the POTUS can hope for is a Palin candidacy.
> Otherwise, he loses. He has zippy chance of
> beating even a moron like Huckabee.

Obama's numbers are back on the rise. Even when things were really shitty, his numbers didn't approach Reagan's all-time lows. Obama may very well be unbeatable in 2012.

Date: January 13, 2011 09:11AM

Crunch Time Wrote:

> >
> > That's why conservative Jews like Jonah
> Goldberg
> > and Ari Fleischer are grumbling about her use
> of
> > the term?
>
>
> Do you understand the term? Do they? Again, is
> the term "well poisoning" anti-semetic? Yes or
> No.
>

I'm not talking about "well poisoning." I'm talking about the very specific term "blood libel."

> > Face it. Palin looks horrible now, especially
> > after Obama's speech tonight. This woman is
> done.
> > Her redneck gravy train is coming to an end.
>
> Fine, that just means Obama gets beat by Romney.

Romney won't get the nomination because he is a Mormon. Huckabee would scare away moderates and Pawlenty will bore the shit out of the GOP base. Obama stands a pretty good chance of a Reagan-like trouncing of the GOP in 2012 given where things are going.

Date: January 13, 2011 09:46AM

> ShastaGreen Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > What did Palin say that was anti-Semitic? She
> used
> > the term Blood Libel, which itself refers to
> > something anti-Semitic. The term itself is not.
>
>
> "Blood libel" means absolutely nothing unless
> taken in the context of the anti-Semitic term.

What the hell does that even mean? It makes no sense. So if I say someone has a "plantation owner mentality" I'm a racist because I'm referring to something that is itself racist? Your logic is seriously flawed and your connection is attenuated. You should look into taking a law school course or something.

Posted by: Rhetoric ()
Date: January 13, 2011 09:58AM

Date: January 13, 2011 09:59AM

I actually feel bad for Sarah Palin. They're treating her the way they treated the Jews during the Holocaust.

Posted by: Ifs Dead JIm ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:03AM

Why must Palin insert herself into this story by defending herself against charges of inciting murder?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:06AM

> TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> > She didn't mean "blood libel" as an
> anti-Semitic
> > remark. She meant "blood libel" as a type of
> > surveyor's mark.
>
>
> Heh.
>
> She's probably too damn dumb to do the research
> necessary before using a word like this. She
> really lobbed a grenade into the fray this time. I
> don't see how this doesn't seriously damage her
> political aspirations. It makes Macaca look
> like...well...caca.

She has no more political aspirations. I have said that the day the half term governor did her farewell tour. Any talk of her running for President makes "good copy" and enhances her bank account. That is it. She does not want to be President. She wants to make big $ from her supporters.

Date: January 13, 2011 10:09AM

“What a dumb s---,†said one Republican House lawmaker who asked for anonymity in discussing Palin’s timing frankly. “It’s all about her, all the time, isn’t it?â€

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47532.html#ixzz1AvcCkEgU

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:10AM

>
>
> Romney won't get the nomination because he is a
> Mormon. Huckabee would scare away moderates and
> Pawlenty will bore the shit out of the GOP base.
> Obama stands a pretty good chance of a Reagan-like
> trouncing of the GOP in 2012 given where things
> are going.

I have said it before and I will say it again - unless they Find Romney's 2 extra wives, or Bachman has a complete mental Breakdown on 60 Minutes, or similar events transpire; the Republican ticket will be Romney/Bachman

Date: January 13, 2011 10:12AM

Republicans wouldn't be so stupid as to nominate somebody as idiotic as Bachmann for vice-president--oh, wait...

Radiophile Wrote:
>
> I have said it before and I will say it again -
> unless they Find Romney's 2 extra wives, or
> Bachman has a complete mental Breakdown on 60
> Minutes, or similar events transpire; the
> Republican ticket will be Romney/Bachman

Posted by: Its Dead JIm ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:13AM

Why must Palin insert herself into this story by defending herself against charges of inciting murder?

Date: January 13, 2011 10:19AM

Voter_____ Wrote:
>
> somebody as idiotic as Bachmann for vice-president--oh, wait...

LOL. A few years back, Bachmann said she supported an "armed and dangerous" electorate. Given the current fiasco, can you imagine the idiocy of putting her on the ticket? I wish, but there's no chance in hell that'll happen.

Date: January 13, 2011 10:23AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> -----
> >
> >
> > Romney won't get the nomination because he is a
> > Mormon. Huckabee would scare away moderates and
> > Pawlenty will bore the shit out of the GOP
> base.
> > Obama stands a pretty good chance of a
> Reagan-like
> > trouncing of the GOP in 2012 given where things
> > are going.
>
>
> I have said it before and I will say it again -
> unless they Find Romney's 2 extra wives, or
> Bachman has a complete mental Breakdown on 60
> Minutes, or similar events transpire; the
> Republican ticket will be Romney/Bachman

I don't see it. I mean, they haven't exactly doled out at top leadership position to her in the Congress.

Palin is the wild card in all of this. I agree that she is probably doing all of this for the money. However, it wouldn't shock me if she did, in fact, make a run for POTUS.

If she doesn't, I'm not sure what the Republicans have. I personally think Romney has the best chance of winning in a general election. That said, there's a reason why he didn't get the nomination the last time around. The fundamentalist base of the GOP simply does not trust a Mormon. It's idiotic, but so is their support of Sarah Palin.

Who else does the GOP have? Fuckabee? The Gingrich who Stole Congress? Hockey Hair Pawlenty? Bobby "Volcano Monitoring????" Jindhal? Barbour?

A bunch of yawns interjected with idiocy.

Posted by: Its Dead JIm ()
Date: January 13, 2011 10:24AM

Think about it.

Date: January 13, 2011 10:27AM

You are forgetting Donald 'hair' Trump and John 'let's blow up the UN' Bolton. It is a deep field, indeed. What the hell, maybe Ted Nugent will throw his hat in the ring too.

>
> Who else does the GOP have? Fuckabee? The Gingrich
> who Stole Congress? Hockey Hair Pawlenty? Bobby
> "Volcano Monitoring????" Jindhal? Barbour?
>
> A bunch of yawns interjected with idiocy.

Date: January 13, 2011 10:32AM

Its Dead JIm Wrote:
> Think about it.

Two years of NoBama is a Socialist. I don't think so.

Posted by: No Jim Its Dead ()
Date: January 13, 2011 11:51AM

Writing is on the wall. Don't pretend it is not there.

Date: January 13, 2011 11:59AM

> I'm not talking about "well poisoning." I'm
> talking about the very specific term "blood
> libel."

And you are still stupidly insisting the term "blood libel" is an anti-semitic term? The term is NOT anti-semitic, but rather an anit-semitic canard. Learn the difference, moron.

> Romney won't get the nomination because he is a
> Mormon. Huckabee would scare away moderates and
> Pawlenty will bore the shit out of the GOP base.
> Obama stands a pretty good chance of a Reagan-like
> trouncing of the GOP in 2012 given where things
> are going.

Disagree on Romney. It is next to impossible for Obama to have a Reagan-like trouncing in 2012. Name me one state he didn't carry in 2008 that he has a chance of picking up in 2012. I can think of maybe ONE. And that is a slim maybe. On the flip side, I can give you at least four seats Obama is in danger of losing in 2012.

Date: January 13, 2011 12:12PM

RETARDED THREAD IS RETARDED JUST LIKE THE OP AND ALL
OF HIS MULTIPLE SOCK-PUPPET USER ACCOUNTS.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: January 13, 2011 12:28PM

"Blood libel (also blood accusation[1][2]) refers to a false accusation or claim[3][4][5] that religious minorities, usually Jews, murder children to use their blood in certain aspects of their religious rituals and holidays.[1][2][6] Historically, these claims—alongside those of well poisoning and host desecration—have been a major theme in European persecution of Jews.[4]

The libels typically allege that Jews require human blood for the baking of matzos for Passover. The accusations often assert that the blood of Christian children is especially coveted, and, historically, blood libel claims have often been made to account for otherwise unexplained deaths of children. In some cases, the alleged victim of human sacrifice has become venerated as a martyr, a holy figure around whom a martyr cult might arise. A few of these have been even canonized as saints, like Gavriil Belostoksky."

REGISTERED VOTER WROTE

"While "blood libel" may have been used in that context in the past, that doesn't mean it has any other connotation here than falsely accusing someone or a group of doing something that is not true. The Jews used the charge to scare people off the Christians and generate hatred for them. Seem like the context here is spot on. "

you have that COMPLETELY BACKWARDS and are COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG.

OK so the fact that an anti semetic gun wielding nut killed a 9 year old girl and Palin has the audacity to say SHE is being accused of blood libel? And Yes Registered voter "blood libel" is a charge against Jews. Its kind of like a Swastika, it might have been used for Centuries by Far eastern religions but ITS still a recognized symbol of the NAzi party and great evil. SO by invoking "blood libel" and then exscusing its use because its "out of context" or "has other meaning besides anti semetic" is no excuse at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2011 12:32PM by ferfux.

Date: January 13, 2011 12:37PM

ferfux Wrote:
> "Blood libel (also blood accusation[1][2]) refers
> to a false accusation or claim[3][4][5] that
> religious minorities, usually Jews, murder
> children to use their blood in certain aspects of
> their religious rituals and holidays.[1][2][6]
> Historically, these claims—alongside those of
> well poisoning and host desecration—have been a
> major theme in European persecution of Jews.[4]
>
> The libels typically allege that Jews require
> human blood for the baking of matzos for Passover.
> The accusations often assert that the blood of
> Christian children is especially coveted, and,
> historically, blood libel claims have often been
> made to account for otherwise unexplained deaths
> of children. In some cases, the alleged victim of
> human sacrifice has become venerated as a martyr,
> a holy figure around whom a martyr cult might
> arise. A few of these have been even canonized as
> saints, like Gavriil Belostoksky."
>
> REGISTERED VOTER WROTE
>
> "While "blood libel" may have been used in that
> context in the past, that doesn't mean it has any
> other connotation here than falsely accusing
> someone or a group of doing something that is not
> true. The Jews used the charge to scare people off
> the Christians and generate hatred for them. Seem
> like the context here is spot on. "
>
> you have that COMPLETELY BACKWARDS and are
> COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG.
>
> OK so the fact that an anti semetic gun wielding
> nut killed a 9 year old girl and Palin has the
> audacity to say SHE is being accused of blood
> libel? And Yes Registered voter "blood libel" is
> a charge against Jews. Its kind of like a
> Swastika, it might have been used for Centuries by
> Far eastern religions but ITS still a recognized
> symbol of the NAzi party and great evil. SO by
> invoking "blood libel" and then exscusing its use
> because its "out of context" or "has other
> meaning besides anti semetic" is no excuse at all.

Um... ok.

And, still irrelevant. Palin is not the story, nor is her poorly worded defense against false accusations.

Regardless of the context - and in this case I put the C and J backward - the only ones who give a shit are folks who want to take focus off the actual event that occurred. But you keep going down that road ferfie.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 13, 2011 12:39PM

To be fair, the phrase "blood libel" is not, itself, anti-semetic. It refers to an anti-semetic practice. It's not anti-semetic the same way the ethnic slur "kike" is.

That aside, she's a fucking retard for saying it. Comparing the accusations against her to the actual thing "blood libel" references is trivializing an even greater atrocity.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: January 13, 2011 12:41PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> To be fair, the phrase "blood libel" is not,
> itself, anti-semetic. It refers to an
> anti-semetic practice. It's not anti-semetic the
> same way the ethnic slur "kike" is.
>
> That aside, she's a fucking retard for saying it.
> Comparing the accusations against her to the
> actual thing "blood libel" references is
> trivializing an even greater atrocity.

It would be like Palin coming out after a black member of Congress was shot by a white guy and saying, "I'm being lynched."

"lynch," in that context, is wholly inappropriate.

Date: January 13, 2011 12:43PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> That aside, she's a fucking retard for saying it.
> Comparing the accusations against her to the
> actual thing "blood libel" references is
> trivializing an even greater atrocity.

I don't think she was trying to trivialize anything. The MSM created this narrative, not her. They have been all but calling her, Rush Limbaugh and others accomplices to murder on the air - and had been doing it all weekend. You think they didn't receive death threats over this?

No, the folks that trivialized this entire issue was the MSM by launching into a political foray before the facts had even been 'somewhat' determined. I still think she is an idiot, but she is not the story - this is another false issue being pushed by MSM to trivialize the shooting, and the motivations that led up to it. And NONE of those motivations appear to point in any way shape or form at Sarah Palin or the others they have been calling out.

Seems like MSM needs to be the ones apologizing here in all honesty. Starting with Krugman at the Times.

Date: January 13, 2011 01:11PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> I don't think she was trying to trivialize
> anything. The MSM created this narrative, not her.
> They have been all but calling her, Rush Limbaugh
> and others accomplices to murder on the air - and
> had been doing it all weekend. You think they
> didn't receive death threats over this?
>

She created the "narrative" by using the phrase, "blood libel"

Date: January 13, 2011 01:19PM

ferfux Wrote:
> She created the "narrative" by using the phrase,
> "blood libel"

It's something called "cause and effect" ferfie. In this case the cause was the MSM accusing her of being an accessory to murder. Thus they created a FALSE narrative, and also made her a target for more of the loony left folks out there. She had nothing to do with the shooting - so whatever she says at this point, the MSM would be better served to ignore her. Honestly they are making themselves look less relevant every day when they push false narratives like the one that started this ball rolling downhill.

You want to obsess over Sarah Palin, have at it. We will all still be lolling at you and the other loony left Palin admirers with your ability to pull up stories about her when none of the rest of us have heard, or even care about them.

Date: January 13, 2011 01:24PM

yes, I'm aware of Cause and effect. ie I troll you you HAVE to respond. It's a great motivation for getting on the interwebz and riling people up. Doesn't stop Paling from sticking her well groomed foot in her mouth with phrases she doesn't understand the context or origins of. She started the "narrative" as you call it with her stating her "victim" status. She can't be an outspoken public figure without expecting a response to her every utterance to rebound back.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.