HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anybody ever work for an armored car/cash vault company?
Posted by: BrandonVA ()
Date: December 24, 2010 12:19AM

I'm thinking about going to work for a local armored security company in Springfield (Dunbar) part-time until I finish up at Mason. I was interested in the vault clerk job and not the driver/guard aspect due to the safety concerns. I figured that being inside the secure facility would be much safer. Anybody have any experience with this aspect of the job. Have some basic questions:

Do the vault clerks/tellers carry guns, and if so the company supplies them right?
The job would mainly being moving around and cataloging the money correct?
Is the firearms training included or do I have to do that and pay for it on my own?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anybody ever work for an armored car/cash vault company?
Posted by: Bounce House ()
Date: December 25, 2010 09:28PM

I worked at Brinks years ago. If you're inside the secured facility, you won't need a gun. If by chance you take a position that requires a pistol or shotgun the company will take care of issuance, training, and any required licensure.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.