HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Zeitgeist the Movie
Posted by: Sun of God ()
Date: September 16, 2007 11:44PM

I'm assuming a few people have now seen this film that has been circulated online? It can be found with a simple google search of "zeitgeist". I highly recommend watching this movie -- especially to those of you whom are religious and avid church-goers.

A very insightful and fun little romp through the history and origins of Christianity as well as a few other goodies!

everyone please take a few moments to watch the film. you'll be hooked after the first minute, i promise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zeitgeist the Movie
Posted by: What is this crap ()
Date: September 17, 2007 05:08AM

Blow me

Posted by: Job Beams ()
Date: September 17, 2007 06:26AM

Thank you, Sun of God, for bringing this very interesting and informative video of the history of religion to us. It would be a splendid part of the County's SOL on critical thinking. I wish that it had been available when I took Anthropology of Religion. This video is an excellent one for all critical thinkers and those people interested in religious origins and its development. http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

The video is brief and one may question its attribution. A great complement is Richard Dawkins' book, THE GOD DELUSION, which will provide greater detail and references. http://richarddawkins.net/

N.B. This video is NOT for folks of "What is this crap" ilk ('Blow me'); some imagery is not suitable for the impressionable. All others should view with an open mind.

Posted by: Open mind ()
Date: September 19, 2007 10:15PM

I could not watch more then the first 5 min of this crappy video. I would rather watch monster madhouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxRvwfQgt6U

Posted by: Job Beams ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:42AM

Open mind, I understand. Critical thinking skills take time and patience and don't come to everyone.

If you haven't seen the "300," then I think you'll like this flick. There's a lot of action as the Spartan King Leonidas takes on the Persian King Xerxes in the Battle of Thermopylae.

President Ahmadinejad didn't like this movie, which is a good recommendation to see it. Greeks 1, Persians 0.
Attachments:
225px-300-_Leonidas_and_Xerxes_discuss_surrender.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.