HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:34PM

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/12/solstice-lunar-eclipse/



A total lunar eclipse will be visible (weather permitting) across North America Monday night, just in time for the longest night of the year. This will be the first time a lunar eclipse has fallen on the winter solstice since 1638.

The Earth’s shadow will begin to blot out the moon at 1:32 a.m. EST (10:32 p.m. PST). During totality, when the Earth is directly between the moon and the sun, the moon will turn a rusty orange-red for 72 minutes from 2:41 a.m. to 3:53 a.m. EST (11:41 p.m. to 12:53 a.m. PST).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 20, 2010 08:56PM

I wish I could get up to see some of this. Total lunar eclipses are outstanding in appearance. It creates a very strange, 3-D visual effect. It really gives you the perspective of staring across empty space at another 3-dimensional planet. It's beautiful but hard to describe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: themuse ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:07PM

.
Attachments:
madmoon.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:31PM

Call me & wake me up so I can take some pictures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: themuse ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:34PM

6X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Call me & wake me up so I can take some pictures.

you are so fucking boring. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

yeefuckinghaw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:41PM

themuse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 6X Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Call me & wake me up so I can take some
> pictures.
>
> you are so fucking boring. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


themuse = eesh. Was i talkin to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: themuse ()
Date: December 20, 2010 10:47PM

6X Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> themuse Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 6X Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Call me & wake me up so I can take some
> > pictures.
> >
> > you are so fucking boring. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
>
>
> themuse = eesh. Was i talkin to you?
Attachments:
6x10.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: December 21, 2010 01:30AM

The night I was born, Lord I swear the moon turned a fiery red
The night I was born, I swear the moon turned a fiery red
My poor mother cried out "the gyspsy was right",
and I seen her fell down right dead!


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: ..6x ()
Date: December 21, 2010 01:33AM

WOW, Thanks for the call.
Attachments:
eclipse-energies-Humanity-Healing.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 21, 2010 01:59AM

The last time I filmed a Lunar eclipse, it was also Wintertime, and we also had some snow on the ground, with clear, crisp air. This should be a really good one too!

Also, once I zoomed in and focused upon the Moon, I realized how quickly it visually moves through our sky. It only stayed in the viewfinder for about one minute.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: December 21, 2010 02:16AM

Moon is now half obscured. I'm going to watch it until it's covered and then hit the sack. Guess I'll be a little late to work, oh well, they'll forgive me, it's Xmas.

Glad I can see it out the window so I don't have to stand out there and freeze my ass off.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2010 02:16AM by tomahawk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 21, 2010 02:45AM

total coverage!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 21, 2010 04:15AM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> total coverage!!!




It was cool seeing the moon that rusted red for a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: anunnaki ()
Date: December 21, 2010 08:23AM

tomahawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moon is now half obscured. I'm going to watch it
> until it's covered and then hit the sack. Guess
> I'll be a little late to work, oh well, they'll
> forgive me, it's Xmas.
>
> Glad I can see it out the window so I don't have
> to stand out there and freeze my ass off.

Considering that the cycle of Nibishtu is a 3600 year cycle it was conclude that last night's moon is a Super Moon, at its closest to the earth. And so we are also directly aligned with our Milky Way's Galactic Center, where the galaxy gives birth to stars. We are in a great birth canal, on the night when mythically Mother Night gives birth to the Sun Child of the New Year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: NOROM = UOY ()
Date: December 21, 2010 09:58AM

Hey 'anunnki', STFU !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Date: December 21, 2010 10:10AM

I saw the lunar eclipse this morning. It was beautiful, especially when contrasted with the witch we were burning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: December 22, 2010 12:53AM

anunnaki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are in a great birth canal, on
> the night when mythically Mother Night gives birth
> to the Sun Child of the New Year.


Yeah, we are in your mom's birth canal!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: themuse ()
Date: December 22, 2010 01:46AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the lunar eclipse this morning. It was
> beautiful, especially when contrasted with the
> witch we were burning.




i had mine with chicken. magneefeeek.

yeefuckinghaw

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: December 22, 2010 02:28AM

I didn't see shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: yresiM .rM ()
Date: December 22, 2010 09:19AM

.seirf gnitae saw I

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Date: December 22, 2010 09:22AM

themuse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw the lunar eclipse this morning. It was
> > beautiful, especially when contrasted with the
> > witch we were burning.
>
>
>
> i had mine with chicken. magneefeeek.

The eclipse or the burning witch?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: McQueer ()
Date: December 22, 2010 09:23AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> themuse Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I saw the lunar eclipse this morning. It was
> > > beautiful, especially when contrasted with
> the
> > > witch we were burning.
> >
> >
> >
> > i had mine with chicken. magneefeeek.
>
> The eclipse or the burning witch?


take down that gay ass Ronald Mcdonald tagline, asshole!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Date: December 22, 2010 09:26AM

McQueer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> > The eclipse or the burning witch?
>
>
> take down that gay ass Ronald Mcdonald tagline,
> asshole!


Well, when you ask so nicely...fuck off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tonight is Darkest Night in 500 years
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 22, 2010 09:30AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> McQueer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > > The eclipse or the burning witch?
> >
> >
> > take down that gay ass Ronald Mcdonald tagline,
> > asshole!
>
>
> Well, when you ask so nicely...fuck off.


Concur. Fuck off, McQ

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
PxhPc
This forum powered by Phorum.