HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Flatskins 35 Bucs 32
Posted by: Lincoln Kennedy ()
Date: December 12, 2010 12:40PM

Mcnabb will run for 58 yards and his hamstrings will freeze up just as the skins kick a winning fg at the end of reg. The bucs will be mad for losing to a soulless franchise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Flatskins 35 Bucs 32
Date: December 12, 2010 02:56PM

Lincoln Kennedy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mcnabb will run for 58 yards and his hamstrings
> will freeze up just as the skins kick a winning fg
> at the end of reg. The bucs will be mad for
> losing to a soulless franchise

Gano couldn't kick a fat girl out of bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 12, 2010 03:52PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Nice extra point attempt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2010 03:53PM by Warhawk.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: December 12, 2010 04:34PM

Skins couldn't score 35 pts in 2 games let alone one.....

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 12, 2010 04:43PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Lincoln Kennedy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mcnabb will run for 58 yards and his hamstrings
> > will freeze up just as the skins kick a winning
> fg
> > at the end of reg. The bucs will be mad for
> > losing to a soulless franchise
>
>
> Gano couldn't kick a fat girl out of bed.

HAHAHAHA, good one!

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Josey Wales ()
Date: December 12, 2010 06:06PM

Sounds like the joke that used to go around when Kurt Knight was the Redskins kicker back in the 60s. He was so bad he was going to hang himself by standing on a chair with a rope around his neck. When the tried to kick the chair out from under himself he missed.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: December 12, 2010 07:14PM

Froze my ass & feet off in the rain at the game. We lost over some dumb ass fieldgoals. X3... But we still had fun & we liked it.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: December 12, 2010 08:50PM

Redskins scour the football world to consistently find awful kickers.

Date: December 12, 2010 10:33PM

Numbers Wrote:
> Redskins scour the football world to consistently
> find awful kickers.

I think getting good kickers is difficult for any team. For every Vinatieri, there's like 30 Ganos. Even "good" kickers like Rackers and Kaeding have seriously imploded in the playoffs.

I think that is Suisham's problem. He tends to choke on critical kicks. Gano, on the other hand, is a fucking enigma when it comes to what he misses and why.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 12, 2010 10:46PM

I think kickers are not being trained properly anymore. Kicking in the last 3-4 seasons has been getting progressively worse around the league.

It's becoming a lost art.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: December 12, 2010 10:48PM

wait just a minute......................are you guys telling me that in football, there's a guy who's ONLY job is to come out and KICK THE BALL???? And then, that's it?? They kick the ball and then, that's it, they're done, they walk off the field and that's all, folks??? That's all they do? They don't, like, have a regular football player just come out and kick the ball? Can't the quarter back kick a football? This doesn't make sense to me. Seems like a regular old football player should be perfectly capable of kicking a football, that they don't have to go out and hire someone EXCLUSIVELY to kick the ball, and NOTHING ELSE. Is this not crazy? Do the kickers wear helmets? That would be pretty silly. Come out onto the field in your little crash helmet, kick the ball through that thing at the end of the field, then walk away, job done, over, finished. Seems like they could just walk out in their sweats, kick the ball, then walk away. Do they wear full uniforms? Is this a job? Do they get paid the same as the real football players? Sorry, I just find this fascinating. I never thought about it until just now. It's insane to me. Are there people who train to be football kickers, like that's all they want to do? Who just kicks a football and calls it a day? Why can't they play in the game?

this is really, really silly. I always thought the person who kicks the ball does other stuff also. I never imagined that's ALL THEY DO. What kind of a sport is this?

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: December 12, 2010 10:55PM

You better believe it, Miz, buddy! They do some cardio.... then they kick... all day.

They wear helmet and full pads in case someone gets by a lineman and fucks them up....

also, I suppose the uniform helps in case they want to do a fake kick or something sneaky like that...

Signatures are for fags

Date: December 12, 2010 11:05PM

Miz-

There's actually two kickers on a team. One who kicks field goals and kick offs and the other one who punts the ball.

Back in the 70s and earlier it wasn't unusual to have a receiver or corner with kicking or punting duties. The problem is they usually weren't that good at kicking the ball and it became more of a specialty.

Date: December 12, 2010 11:21PM

However, in todays game, we might as well let receivers and corners kick. They can't do any worse than todays "specialized" kickers.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: December 13, 2010 02:33AM

do these "kickers" go around telling people they play football in the NFL for a living? Wouldn't that make the real football players mad? I would be mad....if I were a foosball player and some guy who just kicks a ball once or twice a game got to go around telling the world he's a foosball player too.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:53AM

Numbers Wrote:
> I think kickers are not being trained properly
> anymore. Kicking in the last 3-4 seasons has been
> getting progressively worse around the league.
>
> It's becoming a lost art.

The WaPo magazine this Sunday had a story about the plight of the NFL kicker. It was actually pretty good.

Date: December 13, 2010 06:50AM

I think even I could have come closer than Gano did on that 24-yarder he shanked.

Posted by: Socrates ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:36AM

The last play almost adhered to your (op's) script, but why would anyone think the skins would score 35 points in a game?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.