HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I wanted to make a post
Posted by: Local Cynic ()
Date: September 06, 2007 10:12PM

nothing really going on though that interesting

i went to see Rob Zombie's new Halloween remake this morning by myself. potomac yards regal in alexandria. There were a couple other psychopaths in there going to see the movie alone. one guy had on jeans and a sports jacket

im such a big Zombie fan after house of 1,000 corpses and Devil's Rejects I ignored the absolutely horrible reviews it got and went anyways. when i goto a movie alone i always wear my hat down low and am stoned

movie was pretty bad. about a quarter of the audience (3 people) got up to leave before it was over. the beginning was really good and i kicked back like "fuck the critics" but then after the "15 yrs later" caption came on the screen the movie went steady down hill.

i wonder if the black couple sitting directly behind me (in this empty theater) thought i was sick for laughing out loud when Michael Myers was slitting his dad's throat after duck-taping him to a chair or bludgeoning someone in the woods with a log. it was fucking funny. i like how zombie makes you sympathize with the sickos he puts in his movies. i also like the way he uses music in his films. there was also a lot of nudity of girls that looked like they must have just turned 18

i went to taco bell for some fucking reason on the way home. i hate the drive thrus so i always go in. i got it to-go and that was only the second time i've had fast food sitting in my car.

there was a black guy outside the door of taco bell on a cell phone that sounded like he was speaking with his wife or girlfriend and he was threatening to kill himself. he sounded sincerely desperate

he kept saying "i'm doin' sumpthin wrong" - "i'm doin something wrong in mah life". i felt bad walking by him an getting into my range rover sport. i could feels his eyes burning my back. he probably wanted to kill my white ass

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I wanted to make a post
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: September 06, 2007 10:20PM

Shut up EJ!!!

Date: September 06, 2007 10:32PM

I'm not sure how to address that allegation, inkahootz. This is my first post.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 06, 2007 10:34PM

Rob Zombie's

He called in to Stern last week promoting this movie. He's really a cool guy, very down-to-earth. I love the original movie and would like to see the new one.

Date: September 06, 2007 10:52PM

When I first heard Rob Zombie was remaking Halloween I was thrilled. I wanted so much to like the movie. But after hearing the reviews, I went into the film with EXTREMELY low expectations -- and I was let down.

Although, the first half of the movie is rather interesting. Zombie's version, telling the back-story of Michael Myers

Posted by: ya ()
Date: September 06, 2007 11:24PM

I am skeptical if this is EJ or meade, but since he is actually talking about something cool, like horror movies. I am going to chime in.

Horror remakes can be good hit or miss most of the time, if the people working on them behind the scenes can stay true to the original movie. One of the things that made the Hills Have eyes remake so good was that it had Wes Craven still doing his thing. Its rare to see a producer or director have anything to do with a remake of his work in horror.
One of the things that made Dawn of the Dead remake suck was the "Lets cash in on this 28 days later movie" that everyone loves and make the zombies fast. You dont need zombies to be fast to make a good movie. That was an action movie. Nothing like a true Romero zombie flick.

IF anyone knows about Romero Zombie Flicks and how they work,..you are cool. You know your horror.

p;
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: September 06, 2007 11:33PM

;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 02:54PM by inkahootz.

Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: September 06, 2007 11:48PM

You should check out the Spooky Movie Film fest in OCT its in Fairfax... Last year they had some kool independent horror films.

http://www.thespookymovie.com

EoM

Posted by: ya ()
Date: September 07, 2007 12:23AM

inkahootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wes Craven had nothing to do with The Hills Have
> Eyes (2006) Although he did endorse it, it was all
> Alex Aja.

Alex Aja did direct the film but Wes Craven was a consultant. Obviously Alex talked to Wes first and layed out an idea and Craven ran with it. But of course he's going to be talking into his ear and he did keep the basic storyline intact except for the ending of the movie.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.