HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Drinking on the job
Posted by: curious gorge ()
Date: December 05, 2010 08:36AM

Would you get in trouble if you were working at home and drunk.

just wondering how it would apply

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Drinking on the job
Date: December 05, 2010 08:47AM

When I was in my early 20s, I went to work drunk once. For some reason no one said anything to me about it, but I was pretty ripped. I would never do that now, even if I was working from home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: dumb question ()
Date: December 05, 2010 09:11AM

I could not do my job from home if I were drunk---so no, I would never do that. My job requires full mental faculties to be functioning.

I do think some of the people on Wall Street work while they are drunk (all the time). They are using your money for the booze.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 05, 2010 09:16AM

We had a practice group celebration on Friday during lunch (The Palm). Nobody got any work done Friday afternoon.............

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 05, 2010 11:34AM

The farmer he got plowed
The bricklayer got plastered
The mechanic he got tanked
The construction worker got blasted
And Daddy beat up Mommy and broke her collarbone for good luck
Everybody's drunk
Everybody's wasted
Everybody's drinking on the job

The garbageman got trashed
The janitor got messy
The taxi driver got smashed
The waitress she got tipsy
In Kansas City, New York City
Great big city, itty-bitty city
Everybody's drunk
Everybody's wasted

There's a whole lot of places that I ain't been
A whole lotta things that I ain't seen
A whole lotta things I'll never be
The generation that would change the world
Is still looking for it's car keys

The terorist got bombed
The President got hit
Security was tight
The Secret Service got lit
F.B.I.
C.I.A.
D.W.I.
U.S.A.
Everybody's drunk
Everybody's wasted
Everybody's stoned
And there's nothing that's gonna change it
'Cause everybody's drunk
Everybody's wasted

Posted by: Slobbering Fool ()
Date: December 05, 2010 12:08PM

I mowed the lawn drunk in the rain a couple of times and cut off one of my foot. I keep it on the mantle as a gentle reminder to NOT mow the grass in the rain while drunk. So if I know I am going to be drinking, I will not (under any circumstances) start another lawn mower. But I'm saving up my pennies to get the kind you sit on with a steering wheel. Then maybe I'll go into business cutting my neighbors yards. Maybe I'll surprise them; I'm a giver.

Support the welfare state, we could all use a little help and compassion. Nobodys perfect, so be kind; and rewind, or they charge you for it, and rightfully so. Obey the rules and we'll all got along better and with no more biching over piddly things, people gotta make a living too. And stop wasting food, it attracts rats and snakes and it'll be your own fault.

Posted by: Eric Schlitz ()
Date: December 08, 2010 12:10PM

Used to work at an ice rink up north while in college. We would alway be drinkning on the job and operating heavy machinery. Its like unspoken rule in the rink industry, Driving Zamboni = getting sloshed. One time we actually drove the damn thing to drive thru at 130 am, haha......my job sux now.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 08, 2010 12:18PM

I used to work at one of the airports as a bag masher when I was around 20 and I used to go in completely fucking polluted. It was like a fucking bazaar with all the drug deals and hijinks that used to go on there.

Thank God for the TSA, Homeland Security and piss tests now. I wouldn't want anyone like me in those days anywhere near an airplane.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: December 08, 2010 12:28PM

Surprised you don't hear about more cases of folks walking into rotating propellers or being sucked into engines - like that girl at DCA did a few years back.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 08, 2010 07:33PM

Back when I wasn't even legal to drink, I went to work on a Friday completely drunk from a party the night before. If you want to get technical about it, it was more like I passed out at 4am, woke up at 6am in some random-ass house and had a friend drive me to work at 7:30. He was probably fucked up too, I can't remember. One of the guys in the office saw me and started laughing. He said that he wished he was my age again and let me sleep it off in his office while he had an off-site meeting. I never lived that down all summer and I ended up buying him lunch on Monday as a thank you.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: December 09, 2010 02:00PM

I only drink on FFXU.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.