HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Really awesome Pink Floyd cover band
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 01, 2010 06:17PM

These guys fuckin rock

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Really awesome Pink Floyd cover band
Date: December 01, 2010 06:37PM

Tight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: December 01, 2010 06:45PM

A couple of years ago we were in Cozumel. We were out drinking in the local establishments one night when I hear then song Shine on your crazy diamond being played. I assumed it was the radio but as we left the bar I see this greasy looking mexican band cranking out floyd songs. They were really good! Of course their Ricky Martin covers totally sucked.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: December 01, 2010 06:57PM

That was awesome!
I like how the lead guitar player had a tuner attached to the headstock so he could stay in perfect pitch.
The bass player was timing himself to the singer and not the drummer.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't do the guitar solo at the end of the song. I'm sure the lead guitarist would have raged on it.

The other thing that strikes me is their total lack of embarrassment. They weren't even laughing about it.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: December 01, 2010 07:07PM

15 seconds and that's all I can stand. Meeper, you owe me 15 seconds of life back...

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 01, 2010 07:27PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These guys fuckin rock
>
>

LOL.

Date: December 01, 2010 07:50PM

>

> The other thing that strikes me is their total
> lack of embarrassment. They weren't even laughing
> about it.

I think the singer and lead guitarist were embarrassed. The singer would occasionally get a look of bewilderment when looking at the bassist. And the lead guitarist couldn't wait to unplug his guitar at the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: themuse ()
Date: December 01, 2010 07:54PM

is today opposite day or something?
themuse is confused. meep?

yeefuckinghaw

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: December 01, 2010 08:13PM

Someone in the crowd should have shouted "Who sings this song?" The band would answer "Pink Floyd", and then the reply should have been "Let's keep it that way."

Jesus, what train wreck.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: December 01, 2010 08:13PM

I think they been smokin some badshit.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 01, 2010 08:16PM

Still more bearable than a Meade Skelton video.

Date: December 01, 2010 08:28PM

Usually there's at least one guy in the band that is decent, but all of these guys look like they just had their first lesson.
I wonder which of them was first to have the idea of starting a band. I'm going to guess it was the "singer".

It's also funny that there are a few other guitars sitting on stage. I wonder if their from another band or if they use specific guitars for certain songs to get just the right tone.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: December 01, 2010 08:53PM

Numbers Wrote:
>
> but all of these guys look like they
> just had their first lesson.

Any "band" whose members wear polo shirts, white sneakers, and baseball hats on stage should be avoided. In this case, really avoided.

At least he fuckin nails that Gilmour solo!

Here's Some WACKY SHIT...
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 02, 2010 08:02AM

I watched the whole fucking thing. Ugh.

The one question I have is why was this recorded? Did one of the band members press his friends or his chick to document this abortion? Did anyone on that stage think they did an acceptable job or want to remember something so shit- flavored?

Another thought is that this was either the very first time they'd played that song or any song together. The singer looks fucking miserable like he's just out of detox. Maybe the whole thing was a therapeutic exercise for junkies and/or other mental cases. They limped through that shit and looked like they could have been in a psych ward.

But for some odd reason I really want to see them do "Stairway" now....

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 11:43AM by WingNut.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 02, 2010 08:20AM

As someone who's occasionally had a song go completely off the rails while performing it, I'll applaud the fact that they kept going and finished it. That must have been pretty difficult for them to do.

But that's just the "professional" part of me. The rest of me thinks someone should have pretended like their instrument broke so they could claim "technical difficulties" and get their shit back together.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 02, 2010 08:43AM

I am thinking one of the guys in the band is the instigator and forced the others together who came out of friendship or because someone has the band room in the party house and always has beer etc.

I've seen it happen before where one very untalented but motivated musician will set up the basement bandroom and maybe even buy a sound system or drums and then pressures his friends to play with him.

"Come on dude, we can play some fucking Floyd, it's easy"

Then he acts as musical director with his half-enthused sidemen playing shitty songs that are his personal favorites. His buddies like to play, but not that much. They're just bored and want a place to suck back some brews and get high, next thing they know, Shorty Smallbrain has them in a band.

MrMephisto Wrote:
> As someone who's occasionally had a song go
> completely off the rails while performing it, I'll
> applaud the fact that they kept going and finished
> it. That must have been pretty difficult for them
> to do.
>
> But that's just the "professional" part of me.
> The rest of me thinks someone should have
> pretended like their instrument broke so they
> could claim "technical difficulties" and get their
> shit back together.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: December 02, 2010 09:11AM

I have a different theory. If you spend any time in music stores, you'll notice "regulars" who come in to do solo jams (usually the same tunes like Stairway or some Priest). In any case, I think some of these guys must have gotten together for a jam. But instead of going with something simple that any moron could do, like "You Really Got Me" from the Kinks, they tried to wing Floyd and came up with this disaster instead.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: December 02, 2010 09:21AM

Word up they nailed it. Any of those guys could stand in for the real thing. Maybe the real members (all still living) should cede their membership in Pink Floyd to each corresponding member here, resulting in the official reuniting of Pink Floyd.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Date: December 02, 2010 09:54AM

This is almost as good...

Posted by: floyd forever ()
Date: December 02, 2010 09:54AM

these guys make that roger waters "the wall" concert look like a joke

Date: December 02, 2010 09:59AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> I have a different theory. If you spend any time
> in music stores, you'll notice "regulars" who come
> in to do solo jams (usually the same tunes like
> Stairway or some Priest). In any case, I think
> some of these guys must have gotten together for a
> jam. But instead of going with something simple
> that any moron could do, like "You Really Got Me"
> from the Kinks, they tried to wing Floyd and came
> up with this disaster instead.

I honestly believe there is no chance any of these guys could pull off "You Really Got Me Going" or even "Louie Louie".

As a musician, you can look at someone playing an instrument and tell very quickly if they know what they're doing. There's something in the way people hold instruments, the fluidity and a general air of confidence that tells me, "This guy knows what he's doing". I don't get that from ANY of these guys.

When I first started playing guitar, I went almost a year before I learned an actual chord, but still managed to be a band during that time. I just played notes and slid up and down the neck. I used a co2 cartridge from a bb gun as a slide and I cut the bottoms off 2 litre plastic bottles to make my picks.
As poor and as shameful as we were, we NEVER sounded as bad as these guys.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: December 02, 2010 10:28AM

The douche chills I got from that video were so violent I fell out of my chair and hit my head.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.