HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
GM IPO (soon you can own a share of Government Motors)
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: November 01, 2010 09:23PM

Treasury wants to drop its ownership from 61 to 35 percent with a target IPO price of $25 to $30 per share. UAW's pension fund to divest a billion or so. All the "Volt" fanatics need to be lining up now for guaranteed profits.

Most high profile IPO's jump in value shortly after issue. This may well be one that drops well below the offering rate almost immediately.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704141104575588774041820254.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 09:25PM by mcsmack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GM IPO (soon you can own a share of Government Motors)
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: November 01, 2010 09:54PM

The Volt is, from the reviews I've read about it, a complete waste of money. Unless you live close enough to work to not ever use any gas, your gas milage will be far less than the VW I used to drive. That VW had no electronic parts, just 1970s tech Bosch mechanical fuel injection and a distributer, and it got over 35 mpg on the highway.

I'll pass on stock, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.