HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Clouds Are Rolling In
Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: August 20, 2007 02:49PM

j

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 10:32PM by Expensive Jeans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Clouds Are Rolling In
Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: August 20, 2007 04:38PM

Oh Expensive Jeans, you are such a good writer. First of all thanks for telling me about Bull Run. I will make sure not to drag my kayak down there if it is so dried up. I will stick to the Occoquan.

Yes the Giant where I shop is slowly becoming empty. They eliminated the fresh seafood counter and I noticed the salad bar is smaller too. I mostly shop at Wegman's or Bloom's now. Occasionally I will go to Whole Foods but they are pricey.
I don't believe I have ever just handed a homeless person money but I do contribute non-perishable food to our St. Vincent de Paul Society kitchen at our church. We feed many homeless families who reside in the city of Fairfax in those hotels along Rt 50 such as Breezeway etc. Whenever mac and cheese is one sale I buy a bunch, same with peanut butter, jelly, soups, etc. Sometimes there are gypsies around asking for money to buy food but I do not trust those gypsies.

Trickie

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:11PM

let me know how you have helped a stranger in the past, and more importantly, how that made you feel.

Someone once anonymously posted a very important question about window-tinting in the FFX Forum, and I told them to use the "search" function because it had already been discussed numerous times. I'll never find out if I really helped that person, but I'd like to think that whoever it was got the quality tint job they deserved from one of our county's finest window-tinters. Like maybe they're somewhere thinking to themselves "Man, thanks to that Meeper, I got myself a fine window tint job. It really sucks that I keep getting pulled over for it though."

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:56PM

The Meeper Wrote:
-----------------
>I told them to use the "search" function because it had already been discussed >numerous times. I'll never find out if I really helped that person

It changed my life completely. Before that my social skills were lacking and I barely could get to sleep at night worrying. Now I sleep like a rock and get more women than you can shake a stick at(whatever that means).

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 20, 2007 06:13PM

LOL @ TheMeeper.

Expensive Jeans, I enjoy reading your stories. I like the subtleties. I like the part in this one about the Lexus.

But I have never been one to help a stranger. To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I think you should have stalked the man a little longer. He probably bought a couple 40s. Or a fresh pack of Marlboro Reds. What a shame.

Posted by: Doer of Good ()
Date: August 20, 2007 08:36PM

I rolled a vagrant in front of Giant thisafternoon. Got 5 bucks off the old drunk.
Oh, and I keyed a 2007 Lexus Sports Sedan.

Date: August 21, 2007 04:14PM

LOL

Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: August 21, 2007 04:39PM

Now you've got my attention -- what was the $100 prepaid AMEX for? That could make a nice story. I make a policy of not giving cash to homeless people.

Also, Giant has been going downhill fast ever since they were bought out by that European company (wasn't it called Ahold or something?) It used to be that employees, including cashiers, worked at Giant as a career -- and you could always count on getting friendly, competent service. Now, you're lucky if the cashier can communicate in the English language, and there doesn't seem to be much continuity with the employees. I purposely avoid shopping at Giant because of the buy-out and how it has affected employees, customers, and the community in general.

Maybe the homeless guy worked at Giant until his wage as a cashier would no longer pay the bills...

Date: August 21, 2007 05:37PM

n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 10:32PM by Expensive Jeans.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.