HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
"Daddy Ball" alive and well at Redskins Park
Date: November 01, 2010 09:00AM

PH2010032702805.jpgPH2010103104956.jpgMike-Shanahan-123008.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Daddy Ball" alive and well at Redskins Park
Posted by: da shan ()
Date: November 01, 2010 10:11AM

this post has "the ghey" written all over it. Looks like somebody (besides Shanny Sr.) has a hard on for Kyle.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: November 01, 2010 10:21AM

It was funny to see Santana Moss try to tackle Suh after that hit. Suh turned around and gave him the look like "puhlease".

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: November 01, 2010 11:15AM

That was funny.

What wasn't funny was Shanny benching McNabb when the game was already lost. Created a new team controversy and distractions they don't need. The turnover on the first play of the switch must have been extremely satisfying to McNabb in sticking it to the dopes that benched him. McNabb can do hurry-up offense, he has done it for longer than Kyle has been out of college.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Date: November 01, 2010 11:34AM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was funny.
>
> What wasn't funny was Shanny benching McNabb when
> the game was already lost. Created a new team
> controversy and distractions they don't need. The
> turnover on the first play of the switch must have
> been extremely satisfying to McNabb in sticking it
> to the dopes that benched him. McNabb can do
> hurry-up offense, he has done it for longer than
> Kyle has been out of college.

You can't tell me that McNabb, who made a career of the short passing game, is choosing to make those deep reads with no protection every time. I guarantee you he is being told to do that by Kyle.

Shanny Jr. wants big numbers like he had in Houston. But keep in mind, Houston didn't do shit while he was offensive coordinator. How many playoff games did they have for all of those passing stats? None.

The Shannies should check their egos at the door a bit and adopt some of the shorter screen and slant packages McNabb excels at and give the guy a chance to win some games for them. Yesterday would have been a perfect opportunity for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 01, 2010 12:09PM

But two-minute, no-huddle offense IS a short passing game. I agree fully on the other points.

But the Skins didn't bring their offense this weekend and Grossman was certainly not the way to go. Evidently Kyle and McNabb are having disagreements for the reason you gave. If Kyle made the call to bench him then The Boss should have stepped in to stop a the unwise move. Now instead of a loss to the Lions going into the bye, they have a loss to the Lions going into the bye with a new team-fracturing controversy.

I hope Kyle and the Boss sit down with the team and say "look, that was a boneheaded move and I apologize. Donovan is the starter and plays unless he's injured. That's the way it is going to be for the rest of the season. Figure out how to beat teams like the Lions from there."

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 12:09PM by justsayin.

Date: November 01, 2010 12:14PM

justsayin Wrote:
> But two-minute, no-huddle offense IS a short
> passing game. I agree fully on the other points.
>

True. But remember, I think it was against the Colts, they were preparing to do the 2-minute drill and the first or second play on the drive was a deep pass to Armstrong, which was picked off. I can't believe that was McNabb's idea. I've seen a lot of plays like that, where the short or intermediate pass would make sense but, instead, the call is to go deep.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: November 01, 2010 12:14PM

The Skins DO NOT HAVE a 2 minute offense.

If they have, they have not used it to this point. When they're behind with 2-4 mins left, they still lolligag around and huddle with zero sense of urgency.

I have not seen anything resembling a 2 minute offense so far.

Date: November 01, 2010 12:16PM

Numbers Wrote:
> The Skins DO NOT HAVE a 2 minute offense.
>
> If they have, they have not used it to this point.
> When they're behind with 2-4 mins left, they still
> lolligag around and huddle with zero sense of
> urgency.
>
> I have not seen anything resembling a 2 minute
> offense so far.

I think Shanny Jr's 2-minute offense is to throw the ball deep until there is a TD or an INT.

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: November 01, 2010 01:41PM

Numbers Wrote:
> The Skins DO NOT HAVE a 2 minute offense.
>
> If they have, they have not used it to this point.
> When they're behind with 2-4 mins left, they still
> lolligag around and huddle with zero sense of
> urgency.
>
> I have not seen anything resembling a 2 minute
> offense so far.

They don't have much of a 60-minute offense either.

Date: November 01, 2010 06:59PM

While true, they have come away with wins that were not expected. This is why the QB change pisses me off so much... sometimes teams lose to teams the fans wish they hadn't... believe me I thought as a Skins fan I should have thrown on a dress and run around after they gave the Lions their first win last season, that one hurts way more than this one as far as the loss is concerned.

Sometimes games are lost, big fucking deal. But now instead of shaking off the loss and figure out what to do better over the bye, the Skins have a team cohesion problem. Totally STUPID as they are still will in the fight for the NFC East.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: November 01, 2010 07:07PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:

> You can't tell me that McNabb, who made a career
> of the short passing game, is choosing to make
> those deep reads with no protection every time. I
> guarantee you he is being told to do that by Kyle.
>
>
> Shanny Jr. wants big numbers like he had in
> Houston. But keep in mind, Houston didn't do shit
> while he was offensive coordinator. How many
> playoff games did they have for all of those
> passing stats? None.
>
> The Shannies should check their egos at the door a
> bit and adopt some of the shorter screen and slant
> packages McNabb excels at and give the guy a
> chance to win some games for them. Yesterday would
> have been a perfect opportunity for it.

A good coach/coordinator will modify his system to play to his players' strengths. Not so good ones constantly try to fit the square peg in the round hole.

Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: November 01, 2010 07:12PM

Yesterays game is the type of game that will tempt Snyder to start meddling,,,,

Posted by: e ()
Date: November 02, 2010 01:39AM

yea

Date: November 02, 2010 07:06AM

Hatemotor Wrote:
> Yesterays game is the type of game that will tempt
> Snyder to start meddling,,,,

I think Snyder had something to do with Grossman being in there. I think he saw how McNabb blew the last drive against the Colts and told the Shannies they'd better have a Plan B if that scenario presented itself again.

Shanny Sr. Was pretty loyal to his QBs in Denver. What happened with Grossman was uncharacteristic for him.

Date: November 02, 2010 08:58AM

So Shanny's new excuse is that McNabb was not in the best cardiovascular shape to run a 2-minute offense.

People jumped all over my case at the beginning of the season for saying that it didn't matter who was coaching the team or who was playing QB, Danny Boy would figure a way to fuck it up. That's what's happening here.

The fact that Shanny is having to come up with ridiculous and inexplicable excuses for the change on Sunday is evidence that Snyder intervened and now Shanny is stuck trying to cover the owner's ass with his own reputation.

Why is Haynesworth still here? Why is Portis still here? What's behind the inexplicable adding and then cutting of Larry Johnson and Willie Parker?

It's all Snyder's star-fucking personality at work. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Snyder is doing to Shanahan what he did to Joe Gibbs. He is turning him into a laughing stock.

Date: November 02, 2010 09:31AM

I was heavily, unmercifully criticized for suggesting that mom-and-pop-shop management of a football team can lead to ruin and that Snyder has a scorecard on his wall of how many classic coach careers he can apply ruinous flames to.

Date: November 02, 2010 09:33AM

justsayin Wrote:
> I was heavily, unmercifully criticized for
> suggesting that mom-and-pop-shop management of a
> football team can lead to ruin and that Snyder has
> a scorecard on his wall of how many classic coach
> careers he can apply ruinous flames to.

The problem is Snyder thinks he knows more about football than his coach does. Does he know more about the law than his lawyers? Does he know more about accounting than his CPAs?

He needs to stay the fuck out of the locker room and let the coach and GM do their jobs.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:08AM

4 Truths

The band wagon is a teetering.

Shanny is a bold face liar.

Mcnabb should be used to be treated like shit. They did it to him for 12 yrs in Philly.

Rex Grossman?? Bwhahahahahahahahahaha.

Posted by: WTL is SPeCiallll ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:25AM

WTL how bout you post in the proper forum you old shit bag.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.