HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Terror threat to restaurants as Al Qaeda calls for attacks on government workers in D.C.
Posted by: .Jerry.Rubin ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:36AM

Terror threat to restaurants as Al Qaeda calls for attacks on government workers in D.C.

BY James Gordon Meek
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Monday, October 11th 2010, 8:34 PM
D.C.'s busy bars, restaurants and lunchtime hangout spots could be the next terror targets as wannabe jihadis seek to kill U.S. government workers.
handout/handout

WASHINGTON - The terror group tied to the Ft. Hood killings and the Christmas Day undies airbomber urge wannabe American jihadis to open fire on crowded restaurants in the nation's capital to massacre U.S. government workers.

The advice appears in "Inspire," the latest issue of a slick propaganda publication by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, Osama Bin Laden's franchise in Yemen.

"A random hit at a crowded restaurant in Washington, D.C., at lunch hour might end up knocking out a few government employees," Yahya Ibrahim writes in the 74-page jihadi how-to magazine.

"Targeting such employees is paramount and the location would also give the operation additional media attention," Ibrahim added.

Other trash talk came from "Samir Khan," an American who came to AQAP from North Carolina, who produces the publication and wrote that he is "proud to be a traitor in America's eyes."

"This guy is bad news, and given the fact that he helps publish AQAP trash, he certainly spreads a lot of it around, too," said a senior U.S. official.

According to a copy of the magazine obtained by the SITE intelligence group, AQAP also urged those bent on murdering for Islam to use everything from pickup trucks to improvised pressure-cooker bombs to kill.

The trucks can be fashioned into "the ultimate mowing machine," with steel blades welded to the grill to "mow down the enemies of Allah" by running down Americans on crowded sidewalks "to achieve maximum carnage" in a "martyrdom operation."

"This method has not been used before," advises AQAP in its "Tips for our brothers in the U.S."

Ibrahim praised the killings of a dozen victims at the U.S. Army post in Texas allegedly committed by accused homegrown terrorist Maj. Nidal Hasan, who was in contact with and inspired by U.S.-born AQAP cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.

In 1993, Pakistani killer Mir Aimal Kasi opened fire on CIA employees at a stoplight, who were targeted because their cars were in a turn lane for the agency's Virginia headquarters.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/10/11/2010-10-11_terror_threat_to_restaurants_as_al_qaeda_calls_for_attacks_on_government_workers.html#ixzz129sB60vC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Terror threat to restaurants as Al Qaeda calls for attacks on government workers in D.C.
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:43AM

The above cannot happen, firearms are banned in DC.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Re: Terror threat to restaurants as Al Qaeda calls for attacks on government workers in D.C.
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:53AM

Oh yes, D.C., the land of strict gun policies. That's why the 9/11 flight hit the Pentagon and not the Capitol.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:02PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh yes, D.C., the land of strict gun policies.
> That's why the 9/11 flight hit the Pentagon and
> not the Capitol.

That statement makes no sense.

Posted by: Farmer Side ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:03PM

I eat the colors of the rainbow.

eesh Wrote:
> ThePackLeader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Oh yes, D.C., the land of strict gun policies.
> > That's why the 9/11 flight hit the Pentagon and
> > not the Capitol.
>
>
>
>
> That statement makes no sense.

Date: October 12, 2010 12:03PM

Most government employees eat at government cafeterias. If Al Qaeda did this, they would knock out a bunch of tourists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: K. St. ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:13PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Most government employees eat at government
> cafeterias. If Al Qaeda did this, they would knock
> out a bunch of tourists.

It depends on the location of the agency you work for. Most agencies
cafeterias suck since they contracted most of them out back in the
80's. If you're close to restaurants, its a better deal. I go to
restaurants downtown where I'd say 90% of the customers are feds.
King Arthurs and Archibalds are full of feds during the lunch hour.
Check how many folks have their ID tucked into their shirt pockets.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:54PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Most government employees eat at government
> cafeterias. If Al Qaeda did this, they would knock
> out a bunch of tourists.

Well, we don't think twice about firing Hellfire missiles at a wedding party full of women and children to kill one (maybe) jihadi, so their strategy is sound by our standards.

Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: October 12, 2010 12:58PM

justsayin Wrote:
> The above cannot happen, firearms are banned in
> DC.

Your sarcasm is lost on this crowd.

Posted by: GunNutz ()
Date: October 12, 2010 01:09PM

justsayin Wrote:
> DC.

Oh Lord. Please don't start with the "If DC residents were allowed to carry guns there would be no terrorist attacks" bullshit.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: October 12, 2010 01:15PM

GunNutz Wrote:
> justsayin Wrote:
> -----
> > The above cannot happen, firearms are banned in
> > DC.
>
>
> Oh Lord. Please don't start with the "If DC
> residents were allowed to carry guns there would
> be no terrorist attacks" bullshit.

As long as you quit with the "If we ban guns violent crime will magically stop" bullshit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2010 01:15PM by tomahawk.

Posted by: GunNutz ()
Date: October 12, 2010 01:22PM

tomahawk Wrote:
> GunNutz Wrote:
> -----
> > justsayin Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The above cannot happen, firearms are banned
> in
> > > DC.
> >
> >
> > Oh Lord. Please don't start with the "If DC
> > residents were allowed to carry guns there
> would
> > be no terrorist attacks" bullshit.
>
> As long as you quit with the "If we ban guns
> violent crime will magically stop" bullshit.

I never said banning guns would stop all crime. It may however save innocent people that are carelessly taking by improper gun storage or use. A lot of people shouldn't own guns!

Posted by: Rooster Cogburn ()
Date: October 12, 2010 01:39PM

justsayin Wrote:
> DC.

We should ban Muslims instead of firearms.

Posted by: KK ()
Date: October 12, 2010 01:51PM

justsayin Wrote:
> DC.

Oh Lord. Please don't start with the "If DC residents were allowed to carry guns there would be no terrorist attacks" bullshit.
--------------------------------------------------------

Just think if DC residents were allowed to carry guns there is a good chance terrorist would not make such a fool hardy attempt! They sure as hell won't try it in SE DC, they know they'd get their butts smoked, but downtown where all the law abiding federal employees are, now that's a different story. Of course, no federal workers will be carrying regardless of DC law, since it's illegal to take a gun or knife into a federal facility.

Date: October 12, 2010 02:17PM

GunNutz Wrote:
> justsayin Wrote:
> -----
> > The above cannot happen, firearms are banned in
> > DC.
>
>
> Oh Lord. Please don't start with the "If DC
> residents were allowed to carry guns there would
> be no terrorist attacks" bullshit.

You are jumping to the totally wrong conclusion. The original article, if you bother to read it, says Muslims are encouraged to shoot up restaurants. My point is not about DC residents not being armed, it is that no one could possibly shoot up a restaurant in DC if having a gun in DC is illegal. How does one shoot a gun in DC if the gun laws prohibit having a gun in DC? Perfectly safe to eat anywhere in DC, the laws prevent that preposterous fantasy from happening.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: October 12, 2010 06:01PM

I hope they start at the Mexican steakhouses...McDonalds

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 12, 2010 08:05PM

eesh Wrote:
> ThePackLeader Wrote:
> -----
> > Oh yes, D.C., the land of strict gun policies.
> > That's why the 9/11 flight hit the Pentagon and
> > not the Capitol.
>
>
>
>
> That statement makes no sense.

I was mocking the idea that D.C. politicians have, where they believe that preventing civilian gun ownership somehow prevents violent acts from occurring within the District.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 12, 2010 08:28PM

KK Wrote:
> Of course, no federal workers
> will be carrying regardless of DC law, since it's
> illegal to take a gun or knife into a federal
> facility.

There are exceptions to that.

And those places tend to have security guards with guns, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: October 12, 2010 10:04PM

Even if the entire US had gun laws similar to England or France, people would still find ways to mass murder. Instead of opening fire in public with a legally bought Glock or AR-15, people would make pipebombs, molotov cocktails, etc.

Look at a civilized country like Spain, the Basque terrorists bomb government facilities constantly. An average American day is pretty tranquil even with wannabe Columbines and Hui Chos running around buying up guns and ammo.

Posted by: GOVERNMENT WORKERS = ASSHOLES ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:12PM

GOVERNMENT WORKERS ARE ASSHOLES

MOSTLY TRANSPLANTS

AS LONG AS NO AREA NATIVES ARE HARMED

SO BE IT

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:35PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 10:55AM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:02PM

If you're shooting up a cafe, I believe the appropriate battle cry is "Allahu Snackbar."

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:08PM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> I think this is a smart move for Al Qaeda. They're
> too often focused on "the big show", such as
> knocking down skyscrapers or blowing up public
> transportation.

Yes. I, too, am pleased that Al Qaeda is moving towards smaller, more fluid methods of killing innocent people.

You fucking cocksucker. I hope you're eating in whatever restaurant they pick first.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

­
Date: October 12, 2010 11:32PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 10:55AM by chuckhoffmann.

Date: October 12, 2010 11:40PM

I doubt Chuckhoffmann has any money to use on restaurants, not even IHOP or Denny's. What little money he does have is probably spent on alcohol.

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: October 12, 2010 11:48PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> You fucking cocksucker. I hope you're eating in
> whatever restaurant they pick first.

+1, that's right up there with Vince's "9/11 hijackers were freedom fighters". While I agree he's an excellent candidate to be in the first one hit, I also hope he's the only one in it and the staff was out back taking a smoke break out of harm's way.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

­
Date: October 12, 2010 11:59PM

­

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2014 10:56AM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: Rooster Cogburn ()
Date: October 13, 2010 07:58AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> Rooster Cogburn Wrote:
> -----
> > We should ban Muslims instead of firearms.
>
> Which is exactly the kind of attitude which will
> lead to the establishment of the Fairfax County
> Citizens Committee for Vigilance, or
> similarly-inclined groups.
>
> Al-Qaeda is not the only franchise available to
> angry (or scared) people with a penchant for
> violence.

I look forward to the first meeting of the FCCCV. It's about time somebody
got up off their dead asses and took a proactive approach.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: October 13, 2010 12:38PM

Snapple Wrote:
> If you're shooting up a cafe, I believe the
> appropriate battle cry is "Allahu Snackbar."

Or...Aloha Snackbar!

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: October 13, 2010 01:32PM

They aren't going to attack DC, they know the fucking Autobots are in town.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.