HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rest Room Faux Pas?
Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:36AM

I was coming out of the men's room this morning and one of the cleaning ladies on my floor happened to be in the area and saw me. She asked me what I thought about the new toilet paper dispensers, which I found sort of invasive since I don't really know her. She may as well have asked "hey, were you in there taking a shit? i bet so, so you must have seen the new dispensers." The dispensers that she was talking about are these new 4 roll devices, that look basically like a tire mounted on the walls of the stalls. It holds four rolls of tp, and when one roll empties out, you just turn the wheel and the next one is available. I had actually noticed them and I gave her my honest thoughts, which is that I think they could be bad news. If they require fewer trips to the bathroom for replinishment purposes, then I assume that the plan is for fewer trips in general - meaning the bathrooms wont be cleaned as often. Now, I followed up with a statement that I hope this was not the case but only time will tell. She looked at me like I just punched out her grandkid. Was this wrong?? She asked for my thoughts - and I bet I will be proven right on my theory given the quality of the cleaning to date in this building.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rest Room Faux Pas?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:39AM

When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about urinal etiquette.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:40AM

She probably only knows enough english to ask what you thought of the toilet paper dispensers and had no idea what you said to her.

Date: October 05, 2010 11:43AM

Date: October 05, 2010 11:43AM

Feel free to incorporate it. On the topic, I am not a big talker at the urinal. Some guys want to have a full blown conversation while I just want to piss, wash my hands, and leave. Then, there are the wide stance guys that put both hands on the walls while they piss. While it has yet to happen to me, if one of their hands encroaches over the area above my urinal, I plan on complimenting them on their nails.

Re: Rest Room Faux Pas? Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:39AM

When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about urinal etiquette

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 11:43AM by Wahhh.

Posted by: Withnf ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:45AM

She looked at you like you punched her grandkid because you actually answered a question about toilet paper dispensers. Honestly, who cares? As long as there is TP, I think the majority of humans wouldn't care if it came from a $100K automatic dispenser with state of the art technology that wipes your ass for you or if the TP was sitting on a shelf in the stall.

Date: October 05, 2010 11:47AM

I guess she thought it was some grand improvement and, for her, it probably is because it is one less thing for her to worry about. She did not ask it in a rhetorical way, so I guess she wanted a response or perhaps a patent response like "they're grrreeeeeat." Too bad I am not Tony the Tiger.

Posted by: Withnf ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:53AM

If the cleaning lady here asked me what I thought of the toilet paper dispenser, after I translated what she asked me, I'd still give her a blank look and think, "What the hell does it matter what I think of them?"

Date: October 05, 2010 11:55AM

Why does a cleaning lady even care what people think about the dispensers? That's one enthusiastic minimum wager.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: October 05, 2010 11:58AM

I can't pee if someone is talking to me. Please don't talk to me when I'm trying to pee.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:22PM

If some dude is holding his junk for any reason and is talking to me, then that is clearly a gay act.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Date: October 05, 2010 12:42PM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If some dude is holding his junk for any reason
> and is talking to me, then that is clearly a gay
> act.

I was in a bar restroom once taking a leak in the stall. Two guys were standing at the urinals and one of the guys says to the other, "Man, look at the size of that thing! How do you not trip on that?"

The other guy kind of laughed it off and it didn't sound like the guy was going for a gay hook-up. Just a very drunk guy spouting off. But, still....kinda gay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: October 05, 2010 12:50PM

@ 1:54

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 05, 2010 12:51PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:

> I was in a bar restroom once taking a leak in the
> stall. Two guys were standing at the urinals and
> one of the guys says to the other, "Man, look at
> the size of that thing! How do you not trip on
> that?"
>
> The other guy kind of laughed it off and it didn't
> sound like the guy was going for a gay hook-up.
> Just a very drunk guy spouting off. But,
> still....kinda gay.

Waaay gay. Reminds me of this (it's SFW visually, but not audiowise)

http://gettingpumped.ytmnd.com/

Posted by: i'll punch your face ()
Date: October 05, 2010 07:52PM

Wahhh Wrote:
I think they
> could be bad news. If they require fewer trips to
> the bathroom for replinishment purposes, then I
> assume that the plan is for fewer trips in general
> - meaning the bathrooms wont be cleaned as often.
> Now, I followed up with a statement that I hope
> this was not the case but only time will tell.

the new TP holders are so the TP has to be replaced less often maybe once a week instead of once a day. it saves her time so she can focus on other things and lessens the chance of you running out.

your attitude is smug and sassy. try not being such an asshole and show some respect for people.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: October 05, 2010 08:10PM

i'll punch your face Wrote:
> Wahhh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> I think they
> > could be bad news. If they require fewer trips
> to
> > the bathroom for replinishment purposes, then I
> > assume that the plan is for fewer trips in
> general
> > - meaning the bathrooms wont be cleaned as
> often.
> > Now, I followed up with a statement that I hope
> > this was not the case but only time will tell.
>
>
>
> the new TP holders are so the TP has to be
> replaced less often maybe once a week instead of
> once a day. it saves her time so she can focus on
> other things and lessens the chance of you running
> out.
>
> your attitude is smug and sassy. try not being
> such an asshole and show some respect for people.

She still has to mop up the mess since your vd infested dick probably just dribbles unless you squat like a bitch.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 06, 2010 01:45AM

Wahh, you did not wrong. although you should have started out with a compliment like 'they're nice, but...' or 'what a neat little gadget, i bet the inventors didnt think....' you sort of made it seem like she hasnt been doing her job and that the SHITTY service will only deteriorate now that these new fangle toilet paper dispensers were installed. janitors are lonely and easily entertained. she was just making small talk. ah, the one way you will know if you pissed her of is if you start finding little "gifts" (mephisto knows what im talking about)((not really)) around your cubicle or office.

Posted by: jack the janitor ()
Date: October 06, 2010 11:18AM

the amount of time between replacing the TP is not the determining factor of how often the bathroom is cleaned. id think the floors toilets and sinks would be cleaned at minimum. only think is she probably uses the same brush on the toilets and the sink.

Posted by: sad truth ()
Date: October 07, 2010 01:33PM

First multi-roll tp dispenser then automatic air freshners , auto-flush , auto-sinks and so it goes. Soon she will be out a job too bad illegal bathroom cleaning lady. The poor women just installed her replacement.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: October 07, 2010 01:35PM

Damned illegal bathrooms taking over!

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: October 07, 2010 02:48PM

This is how some people behave in restrooms.

Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: October 07, 2010 03:32PM

eesh Wrote:
> When I saw the thread title I thought it was going
> to be about urinal etiquette.

That's what I thought too, then after I read the first post I figured it would be a discussion of whether banging the cleaning lady in the stall was a faux pas a la George Costanza.

"Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorence on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon . . . you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices, and I tell you, people do that all the time."

Posted by: facts ()
Date: October 07, 2010 03:40PM

saw a arab dude a few years back at the airport taking a shit in the urinal wiping his ass with his hand. Guess the dude had never seen a toilet before.

Posted by: eeeshie ()
Date: October 07, 2010 03:42PM

Eeeeew

Posted by: Dune ()
Date: October 07, 2010 04:01PM

Thats why those filthy camel jockeys always shake with their right hand. Their left hand is dedicated to slapping their wife and wiping their ass w/out toilet paper.

Date: October 07, 2010 04:13PM

eeeshie Wrote:
> Eeeeew

+1

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.