HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why do Enterprise car rental people act so nice(almost borderline weird)? Yet their female employees are so, so, so hot?
Posted by: Lunchmeat ()
Date: July 26, 2007 07:43AM

Thanks to my imcompetent dealership service advisor and mechnics, I've had to use Enterprise several times this month. Sure, it's free... but it's still just a rental car.

The Enterprise people are almost always perfectly dressed in business attire. They act so nice, almost like they're putting on an act, and it's borderline weird sometimes. Example, an Enterprise employee tried to help me carry my breifcase, while grabbing me a hot coffee that I turned down... even wiped the door handle of the rental car.(a new Impala) I don't even want to get into the fact that they always insist on shaking hands with every customer.

On the other hand, they always seem to have at least a couple of really hot female employees. I don't mean just "hot".... they're hot enough to run for Miss Virginia or Miss USA or something like that....

Guess why I'm writing this now? I just picked up another Enterprise rental car. Yes, thanks again, to the dealer's mechanic who haven't been able to properly fix my new, 2-month-old car, in 4 attempts... :( Oh well, at least the Enprise lady who gave me the rental car was hot, as usual...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do Enterprise car rental people act so nice(almost borderline weird)? Yet their female employees are so, so, so hot?
Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:21AM

Enterprise has a very well-respected management training program a just about everyone you see in one of their offices (car dealer, strip mall) is in the program. Enterprise almost always promotes from within and it can be a lucrative career if you can survive the first 18-24 months. They seem to look for a certain personality type when they hire, but I don't think that it is an accident that most of the staff is very attractive.

I love Enterprise and use them 1-2 times per month when I don't want to drive my car to client meetings in Raleigh or Winston-Salem. You need to be careful, however, about the extra fees that drive a $25/day rental to $40+. They can be pretty aggressive with insurance which is a major part of their bonus and performance rating.

If you survive the program and develop good customer service and selling skills you can make great money and have a successful sales career.

Re: Why do Enterprise car rental people act so nice(almost borderline weird)? Yet their female employees are so, so, so hot?
Posted by: MBF ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:46AM

Almost seems like the OP is trying to drum up business for Enterprise...

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:54AM

speaking of enterprise.. i got a friend who not only bought a PT cruiser.. but he bought it from enterprise... heh

but ya.. i'm gonna use enterprise next time i need to rent a car.. :)

Posted by: Lunchmeats ()
Date: July 26, 2007 09:15AM

I don't get why a Mercedes dealer uses Enterprise for loaner cars. Drop off
my new E-class and pick up a Chevy Impala... :(

Guess I bought from the wrong Mercedes dealer. My friend got his from
that MB dealer in Bethesda and they only use brand new Mercedes as loaners. :(

If I had to spend my own money, I would NEVER rent from Enterprise. Enterprise has a really nasty habit of charging extra fees. They also like to try and find little scratch so they can charge a few hundred dollars to your credit car without telling you first. This is why I now use my cell phone camera to take pictures of the entire Enterprise car I'm pkcking up. Since the dealer is paying for it, there really not much I can say or do about it. Whenever I fly to another city, I always rent from Hertz or National/Alamo. (each with its own pros/cons)

MBF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Almost seems like the OP is trying to drum up
> business for Enterprise...

Date: July 26, 2007 09:58AM

Lunchmeats Wrote:

> If I had to spend my own money, I would NEVER rent
> from Enterprise. Enterprise has a really nasty
> habit of charging extra fees. They also like to
> try and find little scratch so they can charge a
> few hundred dollars to your credit car without
> telling you first. This is why I now use my cell
> phone camera to take pictures of the entire
> Enterprise car I'm pkcking up.

They only charge 'extra' fees if you agree to them. The process is simple...they ask...you say, thanks but no thanks...you sign the rental agreement. Do they hard-sell insurance and other services? Sure, but that is where their profit (and incentive bonuses) come from. How much do you think they make renting cars for $20/day? Anyone who rents a car without taking a good look at the entire car with the agent is an idiot. I note every scratch and ding on the rental form and never have a problem.

I don't rent from Enterprise when I travel since they are usually off-airport, making Hertz or Budget a lot more convenient. Even when my company or client is paying for travel expenses, I still try to get the best deal.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 26, 2007 09:58AM

Lunchmeat Wrote:
> The Enterprise people are almost always perfectly
> dressed in business attire. They act so nice,
> almost like they're putting on an act

they are putting on an act. it's a job and not getting fired from a job is key to still having a job. i guess if you havent worked with the public so you wouldnt know. ill excuse you from being called a dumbass for not knowing, this time.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: July 26, 2007 11:46AM

Their HR Recruiter obviously has good eye in hiring. That can have its downside though. I once worked in a Fed agency where a manager got into serious
trouble for not hiring any obese employees over a five year period. Go figger.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 26, 2007 11:51AM

thats messed up.. i wouldnt hire an obese person.. you need somebody who you can send places like.. to get lunch, quickly.. not to take 2 hours and come back with nothing..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2007 11:51AM by bdimag.

Date: July 26, 2007 01:18PM

On business in Buenos Aries I saw an employment ad in the newspaper for a receptionist which requested "tall, thin and attractive women only". That's an ad that I would like to see here just once.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.