HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Democrats Top the Richest of the Rich in Congress (as usual)
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: August 31, 2010 07:20PM

Many people don't know it but the majority of "the rich" in congress are Democrats.

Known Gold Digger
kerrylist.jpghttp://thehill.com/homenews/senate/116489-wealthy-lawmakers-increased-their-riches-as-economy-sputtered-in-2009-
The 50 wealthiest lawmakers were worth almost $1.4 billion in 2009, about $85.1 million more than 12 months earlier, according to The Hill’s annual review of lawmakers’ financial disclosure forms.

Twenty-seven Democrats along with 23 Republicans make up the 50 richest in Congress; 30 House members and 20 senators are on the list.

The bulk of Kerry’s wealth is credited to his spouse, Teresa Heinz Kerry, who inherited hundreds of millions of dollars after her late husband, the ketchup heir Sen. John Heinz (R-Pa.), died in a plane crash in 1991.

But they're still for "The Little Guy"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Democrats Top the Richest of the Rich in Congress (as usual)
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: September 01, 2010 08:34AM

I opened this expecting to see a real "scoop", mcsmack.

Wow, was I floored. 27 of the top 50 wealthiest are Dems, vs. 23 Repubs. 54%

Amazingly, 58.5% of Congress are Dems. (313/535)

What a shocking expose you have there, my good man!

Date: September 01, 2010 08:49AM

Reps, Dems, they are all greedy bastards. They both play favorites with their special interests (which aren't the common person).

Blah.

That said, no one make fun of Kerry. I like me some Heinz Ketchup and if one of you B-tards tick him and his family off and he withholds the ketchup, I'm going to be seriously pissed.

Super serious guys.

Date: September 01, 2010 11:15AM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I opened this expecting to see a real "scoop",
> mcsmack.
>
> Wow, was I floored. 27 of the top 50 wealthiest
> are Dems, vs. 23 Repubs. 54%
>
> Amazingly, 58.5% of Congress are Dems. (313/535)
>
> What a shocking expose you have there, my good
> man!

Well.......Didn't know you wanted in on the conversation Mr. Helper. It's not that big of a deal to me however there were still more rich Dem folk in congress even during the few years the Republicans ran Congress.

The Dems. are usually the ones that use class warfare during campaigns or trying to pass certain types of legislation. They also like to attack "Wall Street" a lot. What a nice platitude to induce envy and hate towards the financial central nervous system of the U.S. and the World. Just say "I'm for Main Street not Wall Street". For years the Dem progressive faithful have just eaten this tripe up and I'm saying it's a scam.

Below we see that people like Pelosi, Boxer and Feinstein are well connected to "Wall Street" albeit many times through their husbands businesses. These guys understand that their Wive's have to say what they say to win the "little peoples vote". And this is exactly the way they look at their supporting electorate, the little people. Unfortunately most of the "little people" go through life thinking Idiots like Pelosi, Boxer and such are fighting for their self interests and keep voting them into office. They then craft legislation to cement as many as possible into the middle class and lower to insure their voting block and thus maintaining their coveted power.

This "class warfare"ruse has worked well for them in the past but it is becoming transparent to more and more people all the time as information has increased and become readily assessable to society as a whole. The days of simple minded class warfare being used as a campaign tactic by Liberals of every stripe are fast coming to an end.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2010-06-17/news/21913863_1_barbara-boxer-house-speaker-nancy-pelosi-blind-trust

Posted by: Hopeful! ()
Date: September 01, 2010 11:52AM

mcsmack Wrote:

> The days of simple minded class warfare being used as a campaign tactic by
> Liberals of every stripe are fast coming to an end.

Hope your right about this.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 01, 2010 12:08PM

Edward Kennedy is a great example of unqualified trust trash who knows zilch about work and budgets but parrots the ideology he grew up with and fucks things up for everybody. He made a good move not running for reelection.

On the repub side, an interesting richie is Darryl Issa. Somewhat shady past but self-made at least, a rarity in politics. His voice is heard on the old car alarms "step away from the car". Google it.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: September 01, 2010 12:47PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Edward Kennedy is a great example of unqualified
> trust trash who knows zilch about work and budgets
> but parrots the ideology he grew up with and fucks
> things up for everybody. He made a good move not
> running for reelection.

Okay I'll bite.... Teds dead baby.....Teds dead. Pat Pat got his trust fund money and has now moved into the top 50 wealthiest in Congress.
>
> On the repub side, an interesting richie is Darryl
> Issa. Somewhat shady past but self-made at least,
> a rarity in politics. His voice is heard on the
> old car alarms "step away from the car". Google
> it.

No shit! The guy has an interesting rap sheet.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 01, 2010 01:00PM

Patrick Kennedy, corrected name, don't know why I was thinking Edward. I saw Patrick on Capitol Hill once driving a convertible Sebring and cranking some vulgar shit rap. Had his hat on sideways, looked like a total fucktard.I tried to get a pic but he was too quick.

Not sure what California thinks of Issa, but I'm somewhat forgiving having a smudge or two on my record myself. Even if he was (and he probably was) guilty of the dropped charges, he's still probably light years ahead of Ted Kennedy character wise.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: September 01, 2010 01:25PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Patrick Kennedy, corrected name, don't know why I
> was thinking Edward. I saw Patrick on Capitol Hill
> once driving a convertible Sebring and cranking
> some vulgar shit rap. Had his hat on sideways,
> looked like a total fucktard.I tried to get a pic
> but he was too quick.
>
> Not sure what California thinks of Issa, but I'm
> somewhat forgiving having a smudge or two on my
> record myself. Even if he was (and he probably
> was) guilty of the dropped charges, he's still
> probably light years ahead of Ted Kennedy
> character wise.

I thought you were trying to be funny saying that Ted maybe chose dying of cancer over running for re-election.

But you're right. What a Goob.
patrick_kennedy--300x300.jpg

Things won't end well for this idiot. Politics aren't his bag but blowing his portion of the family trust being a playboy is. Pat's rap sheet is definitely impressive.

Controversies, campaign and personal

Kennedy has acknowledged being treated for cocaine use during his teenage years, and admitted that he abused drugs and alcohol while he was a student at Providence College.[9] He sought treatment for an OxyContin addiction in 2006.[10]
During Easter weekend in 1991, Kennedy and his father were in Palm Beach, Florida, along with Patrick's cousin, William Kennedy Smith. At Au Bar, the 23-year-old Patrick met a 27-year-old Testas Restaurant waitress, Michelle Cassone, and Smith met another woman, Patricia Bowman. Both women returned with the Kennedys to the family's beachfront retreat, where a series of events took place that resulted in Smith being charged with raping Bowman. The prosecution alleged that the three Kennedys collaborated to cover up this alleged crime. In a widely covered trial, Smith was acquitted.[11]
In 2000, Kennedy was accused of pushing a female security guard at Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California. City prosecutors ultimately decided not to bring criminal charges against him and he paid an undisclosed civil settlement to the alleged victim almost two years later.[12][verification needed]
Also in 2000, Atlantic Navigation Company of Mystic, Connecticut, claimed that a boat they rented to Kennedy was found abandoned off Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, with US$28,000 worth of damage.[13][verification needed]
That same year, the U.S. Coast Guard was dispatched to Kennedy's yacht after he and his date became embroiled in an argument off the coast of Martha's Vineyard.[14][dead link]
In 2003, Kennedy was criticized for saying "I have never worked a fucking day in my life", which his staff later claimed was a satirical reference to repeated charges of never having worked.[15]
In 2007, the Kennedy camp stated that they would retain $6,600 in donations from convicted Democratic fundraiser Norman Hsu. Kennedy is one of the few Democrats not to return or donate these contributions. This is a controversial action because of the allegation that Hsu had been using his personal funds to unfairly influence Washington.[16]
In February 2007, Kennedy was asked to refrain from receiving Holy Communion by his Bishop, Thomas Tobin. Kennedy said the bishop had explained the penalty by telling him “that I am not a good practicing Catholic because of the positions that I’ve taken as a public official,†particularly on abortion.[17]
[edit]Capitol Hill intoxicated -driving accident
On May 4, 2006, Kennedy crashed his 1997 Ford Mustang convertible into a barricade on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., at 2:45 a.m. A Capitol Police official said the congressman had appeared intoxicated when he crashed his car, but Kennedy claimed that he was merely disoriented from prescription medications Ambien and Phenergan.[dead link].[18] Anonymous sources are alleged to have seen Kennedy drinking at the nearby Hawk & Dove bar prior to the accident.[19][20] Kennedy also stated to officers that he was "late for a vote". However, the last vote of the night had occurred almost six hours earlier. The standard field sobriety test was not administered, and Kennedy was driven home by an officer.
On May 5, 2006, Kennedy admitted that he had an addiction to prescription medication and announced he would be re-admitting himself to a drug-rehabilitation facility at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota where he has sought treatment for prior addictions.[21] He has stated that he has no recollection of the car crash. On May 8, 2006, Kennedy got a show of support when he was endorsed by the Rhode Island Democratic Party.[22] On June 5, 2006, Kennedy was released from drug rehabilitation.[23]

Kennedy's written narrative of the motor vehicle accident in April 2006.
After being asked if he expected any special treatment from authorities, Kennedy expressed that he hoped they would treat him as if he "were an African American in Anacostia".[24] On June 13, 2006, Kennedy made a deal with prosecutors and pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under the influence of prescription drugs.[25] He was sentenced to one-year probation and a fine of $350. Two of the three charges (reckless driving and failure to exhibit a driving permit) were dismissed. He was also ordered to attend a rehabilitation program that includes weekly urine tests, twice-weekly meetings with a probation officer, near-daily Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and a weekly meeting of recovering addicts.[26]
On Friday, June 12, 2009, Kennedy again announced that he has "checked into a medical facility for treatment". In a statement to the press, Kennedy said that his recovery is a "lifelong process" and that he will do whatever it takes to preserve his health. "I have decided to temporarily step away from my normal routine to ensure that I am being as vigilant as possible in my recovery," Kennedy said. He did not disclose where he was being treated.
[edit]Rhode Island accident
In an earlier incident, on April 15, 2006, Kennedy was driving a Ford Crown Victoria — registered to the "Friends of Pat Kennedy Inc" — on Turnpike Avenue in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. As Kennedy attempted to turn left into a CVS pharmacy parking lot, his vehicle struck a Nissan Maxima driven by off-duty U.S. Coast Guard Warrant Officer Thomas Guthlein who was attempting to make a right turn into the same parking lot. Portsmouth police did not issue a citation to either driver.[27] One woman who witnessed the accident has expressed her opinion that Kennedy was impaired, but this has never been proven. Kennedy's handwriting on the police report was messy.[28] Guthlein is quoted in the Daily News (New York City) as saying "I never really got that close to him ... It was just a regular traffic accident".

File:PatrickKennedy04-25-06accidentPg6.jpg
[edit]

As the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree", this guy learned a lot from his father. He will be the next "dead Kennedy" not from some stupid curse bullshit but from just being stupid period.

Posted by: Lopter68 ()
Date: September 01, 2010 01:42PM

The problem is the Republicans have failed economic programs that they want to keep re-instating to help the rich and put the US in debt again.

The issue is the Republicans give benefits to the rich for payoffs. A clear point is the Republicans wanting to extend tax cuts for the rich at the expense of the US.

Posted by: Lopter68 ()
Date: September 01, 2010 01:44PM

A Republican plan to extend tax cuts for the rich would add more than $36 billion to the federal deficit next year -- and transfer the bulk of that cash into the pockets of the nation's millionaires, according to a congressional analysis released Wednesday.

Posted by: Capt. Obvious ()
Date: September 01, 2010 01:47PM

Lopter68 Wrote:
> The problem is the Republicans have failed
> economic programs that they want to keep
> re-instating to help the rich and put the US in
> debt again.

You mean like increasing the national defecit to historic levels?

bush vs Obama defecit Pictures, Images and Photos

> The issue is the Republicans give benefits to the
> rich for payoffs. A clear point is the
> Republicans wanting to extend tax cuts for the
> rich at the expense of the US.

Yeah, because only the rich got tax cuts.

You are one of those class warfare sheep, aren't you?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.