HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN AND OUR ALLIED LIBERATORS WHO HIT THE BEACHES IN NORMANDAY TODAY JUNE 6 th 74 YEARS AGO In 1944 !
Posted by: MANY GAVE ALL FOR FREEDOM ()
Date: June 06, 2023 07:06PM

VIVA LA AMERICAN say the French VIVA LA LIBERATORS TOO

I have often thought of the incredible heroism of our AMERICANS on D Day June 6 1944

I think of young Amercan US Army slick sleeve privates going into the beach on the first early wave of troops to go in

I can see in my minds imagination the Germans in hardened bunkers armed with Hitlers Buzzsaw MG 42 machine guns that fire like a blast of noise firing 1400 hundred rounds per minite as the German gunners centered their sights on the landing crafts front ramp then as soon as the craft came in close the ramp fell and the Germans machine gun fire cut down all but one GI at once in a second or two of high speed fire killing young men who never had the chance to fire a shot as the one got out over the side into the water and burdened by his combat load drowned

I can see another GI from the south moving up the beach with a scatchel charge in his hand by a miracle making it up near the bunker then hurling it into the Germans as it blew killing the machine gun crew allowing AMERICANS to follow his lead as he advanced on a second german bunker then his buddies bringing him a Bangalore torpedo which he dashed up to the bunker and destroyed another fierce firing German gun saving others wounded and trapped on the beach earning him the Medal Of Honor later in the battle presented on behalf of the President for his valor above and beyond the call of duty

Then down on the beach I see a skinny 20 year old US Army medic treating wounded in the face of heavy fire until he too was killed earning him also the Medal Of Honor posthumously

There on the beach now is Brig General Theodore Roosevlet Jr.US Army the son of a US president standing erect giving orders and words of support and comfort to the wounded in the face of the enemy above and, beyond the call of duty which he too will be awarded the Medal Of Honor for his gallery but posthumously as well because he suffered a heart attack in combat weeks later fighting on

I see so many brave AMERICANS coming in on more landing craft with so many acts of valor as they worked together as on All AMERICAN team to breech the German lines and began beating the Germans back to Berlin by April 1945 to end the horrors of the deadly most destructive war in history and ending the Nazi Holocaust that consummed the lives of beautiful innocent JEWISH children and adults of all ages the worlds most depraved murders and inhuman treatment ever seen as over 6000000 million JEWS died and more were harmed by brutal treatment in the NAZIs death camps such as the horrors of the infamous Polish Auschwitz and Treblinka Death camps

I see final victory in Europe all thanks to the bravery of the Americans and our allies from the start of the invasion on D DAY

Stop for a moment today for a prayer and a thank you to these men some of whom are still alive today who were truly our greatest generation Its the least we can do as I did early this morning thinking about their courage and sacrafice to keep we the people and the free world free

9000 U.S. died 1557 were unknown who died

GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN AND OUR ALLIED LIBERATORS WHO HIT THE BEACHES IN NORMANDAY TODAY JUNE 6 th 74 YEARS AGO In 1944 !
Posted by: General Eisenhower On D DAY ()
Date: June 06, 2023 07:15PM

Carried a message in his coat pocket during the entire D DAY invasion untill the allies broke out from the beaches pushing the Germans back which was to go to President Roosevelt if the D DAY Allied invasion of Europe in Normanday France failed

In his message Gen Eishenhower the Supreme Allied Commander of all invasion forces and the entire European war wrote to the President the invasion had failed and Eisenhower accepted personal responsibility for all deaths and wounded and losses of ships aircraft tanks and all other equipment

He was ready to stand before a court martial and made no excuse for his failure

INDEED WHERE DO WE FIND SUCH MEN ! WE FIND THEM IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA STILL THE LAND OF THE BRAVE AND THE FREE !

Re: GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN AND OUR ALLIED LIBERATORS WHO HIT THE BEACHES IN NORMANDAY TODAY JUNE 6 th 74 YEARS AGO In 1944 !
Posted by: Sometimes we make mistakes ()
Date: June 06, 2023 07:40PM

Sometimes we make mistakes about whose side to be on ........

file.php?40,file=465474

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.