HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
PW county reaction to illegals
Posted by: hang over ()
Date: July 07, 2007 12:38PM

I think some of the politicians are finally getting the message. I wont hold my breath for Fairfax as they are just too liberal and pc.

http://wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1182684

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PW county reaction to illegals
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 07, 2007 04:19PM

Kathleen Walker, president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, told The Washington Post that the county's proposal is "extremely harsh" and would be at odds with the 1982 Supreme Court decision that prohibits states from denying education to undocumented immigrants.

"You can't prevent a child from going to school," she said.

but you can get them deported before they get there. ^_^

but really, it's about fucking time someone starts doing something. perhaps herndon will enact these same laws.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: July 07, 2007 08:14PM

It's not a matter of Fairfax being too liberal. This problem is a huge drag on nova, partisan politics be damned.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 07, 2007 09:06PM

It's not a matter of Fairfax being too liberal.

Exactly. Even our "neoconservative" president is weak on illegal immigration.

It's more about elected officials not having the balls to do what needs to be done.

Posted by: hang over ()
Date: July 07, 2007 09:39PM

I will admit that is true. The only time these guys react is when they feel the heat of being tossed out of office. From the story that seems to be what happened in PW, especially when they bear the brunt of overcrowded housing.

It costs big bucks to send a kid to school esp when they have to be taught a new language before they can even tackle the other subjects. When the parents are here illegally they do not contribute to the school funding yet we are expected to pick up the tab for five to ten kids per family.

Date: July 08, 2007 09:27PM

These cocksuckers, republican and democrat, they think we're fucking stupid and will take it. I have to give it to conservative talk radio; they motivated their mindless millions of drones to heckle the politicians and stop that disaster of a bill from ever happening. Even the stupid-ass audience of Sean Hannity knows when they're being fucked. And I don't really blame the illegals themselves.

It's hard to not break a law that isn't enforced, especially with the invitations this country gives. Big business prospers, and we get fucked at the local level with the fees.

Posted by: Greg Letiecq ()
Date: July 09, 2007 11:51AM

Actually, it doesn't have to be this bad in Fairfax. All it takes for this issue to get moving is to form a citizen's group to push the issue. I'd be more than happy to help make what happened in Prince William happen in Fairfax as well.

In Fairfax, you have a do-nothing approach on residential overcrowding, a police department that is instructed to not question suspected illegals about their immigration status unless they commit a felony, huge public outlays to illegal aliens, and public funding for groups that subvert federal anti-harboring statutes. There's plenty of issues to get citizens involved in, and it's these issues and the citizens concerned about them that make things happen, not the elected officials.

Connolly and his cohorts are up for election this year. If you don't think they'll respond to pressure on the illegal alien issue, you're dreaming. They will, particularly in an election year.

Greg Letiecq
President, Help Save Manassas
http://www.helpsavemanassas.org

Date: July 09, 2007 04:08PM

Greg, I hope you're right. Unfortunately leadership will have to flow from the bottom-up so long as Congress and President Shit-for-Brains are bought out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.