HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My friends grandmother just had to sell her house because she couldn’t afford it anymore.
Posted by: Fuck the IRS ()
Date: January 24, 2023 09:18PM

Here’s the catch. It was paid off. But the property taxes went up every year. You spend your life paying off your house but never own it. The government owns you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My friends grandmother just had to sell her house because she couldn’t afford it anymore.
Posted by: Naw don’t believe you ()
Date: January 24, 2023 11:05PM

There is an elderly retired person property tax exemption or cap.

Try again.

Re: My friends grandmother just had to sell her house because she couldn’t afford it anymore.
Posted by: true dat ()
Date: January 25, 2023 12:40AM

if you have to pay every year, then whoever you pay to is the real owner

if someone had told me i would be paying almost $900 per month for a place i had payed off completely i would not have believed it

Posted by: WRONG ! BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ()
Date: January 25, 2023 12:56AM

>There is an elderly retired person property tax exemption or cap.
It depends on where she lived , in Fairfax people over age 65 can get tax relief discounts on their real estate tax not personal property tax it can be 75 50 or 25 % of the full tax bill depending on income with standard across the board net worth limit not including the value of the home but cash at hand in banks stocks bonds cars and other assets

But that is not constant across Virginia and the US other counties in Virginia have much lower income and asset limits and some states may have no tax relief

Lots of old people are house rich and cash poor in NoVa

AND A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE ARE OUT OF LOTS OF MONEY EACH MONTH BECAUSE OF THE FAILURE OF JOE BIDEN AND HIS DEMOCRATS TO LEAD THIS NATION

MASSIVE INFLATION HIGH INTEREST RATES HIGH AS HELL ENERGY COSTS ARE ALL THE COST OF A VOTE FOR A WOKE FAR LEFT DEMOCRAT LEAD NATION !

IN VIRGINIA DEMOCRATS HOLD THE VIRGINIA SENATE THE GOP THE HOUSE OF DELEGATES

THIS NOV THROW OUT AS MANY OF THE DEMOCRATS AS WE CAN ON ELECTION DAY TO KEEP ALL OF OUR RIGHTS AND LOWER OUR COSTS

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.