HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are cell phones sales designed to waste your time?
Posted by: here's my TIME on it ()
Date: January 13, 2023 02:35PM

* you have to shop the phone. models. china made like 300 new models in last 2 years. the reason your shopping - very likely is they shut off your 4G phone saying "it too old" (which is a scam). there are allot of gotchas to be aware of.

* it doesn't come with a protective cover but needs one. the cover it come with is difficult to change , it shouldn't be no reason, but now you have to waste time protecting the cover. bestbuy pushes you to buy a $50 cover, you can mail order a cover for $2 or $4

* cable again. if your like many or most: you have to shop for a charging cable. and obviously: bestbuy wants 3x what amazon wants for mail-order. you are forced to do this the moment you get it home and realize: damn thing doesn't fit the charger.

* it doesn't come with a USB data cable. it has usb-c. you now need an adapter. they tell you it needs OTG. (this is stupidity built-in to the chips so that usb-c to usb-a doesn't work right so your adapter needs "a computer inside the quick adapter"). you then find shopping it: fucking waste your time. bestbuy has things marked up 4x mail order price. both try to sell you usb hubs. OTG costs $50 for a single little adapter. but if you "are smart and not greedy" the adapter YOU NEED is: $2 ebay / mail order.

you know they build this deficiency into it, call it "usb c", then tell you you need a computer in your connector, and it's more expensive than a Pi (a popular mini computer)

* battery: could be easty to replace. isn't.

* burn in. they tell you to avoid burn in, then they have "permanent menubar" you can't get rid of that are displayed at all times (even when not being used, ie while your gaming). i'm worried it will get "burned in" since it's "always there". they have every option EXCEPT an auto-hide option your looking for.

* software. here we go. i better not start. the "wastes time" list gets too long

. settings that are awful - so you have to go on a settings binge and look at them all

. first day, every time i click something, it's NOT INSTALLED, i have to wait. like win10, many many "friends of big tech foot in door" wares were installed which had nothing to do with "normal phone use" (like air-play). so they put allot of junk icons in there but the stuff needed to do the things they advertised.

. how to avoid "in-app-purchases" and software with "built-in ads" is one waste of time (and 0 web browsers without built-in ads)

. 1,208,002 themes, mostly non-free. i find one that isn't offensive. after installing: it isn't there. it's bright i have no idea if white text will become black. and if it doesn't - i'll have to change it all back i guess. should have chose a dark theme - it's what the phoen came with to reduce BURN IN.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are cell phones sales designed to waste your time?
Posted by: g3rhb5353 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 02:35PM

little red riding hood

Posted by: 45j65 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 02:52PM

* ear buds now these aren't required. but i have earbuds they no longer plug in. i have to shop to learn they might still work with another adapter. i of course am cyberpunk aware of BLUETOOTH earbuds. i go shopping and when i find out a pair that has sound quality and charging that is less a pain in the ass as cheap models to use: they cost as much as "hearing aids" - which i could never afford as a child when teachers were angry i couldn't hear

* bluetooth keyboard. so i got this rip-off bluetooth keyboard that was $30. the damn thing said "keys press down easily". lies. they are silicon mushroom like the worst of cheap keyboards. IT DOESN'T WORK WITH THE CELL PHONE. there are long delays. and one of the keys has to be pressed "hard" to work at all. i can't return the thing the shipping charges are more than the payment. of course, my wireless keyboard that doesn't have those problems (also cheap silicon mushroom made in china) doesn't work with cell phones at all - because there's an intellectual property dispute between the parties.

. speaking of intellectual disputes air play and dex didn't work. but chromecast did. which again, required installing software and waiting - after being on the internet web browsing (using verizon $$$ data obviously) to find out what the action sequence had to be. now after all that: you have a screen casted but no controls. i assure you as a "deep programmer" which i was: this is due to massive intellectual property disputes and software wars.

you should have all your controls and audio when casting anywhere you please: it's highly possible. it's software wars between countries that is the reason why you'd need "dex" which doesn't work unless your "asian to asian brand".

Posted by: h44h4j ()
Date: January 13, 2023 02:58PM

These are all big wastes of time that were avoidable.

It's as if they want you to waste time.

. google play. limits your filters. makes you search and find "how to" to add filters. ie you can't list by price (which is very obviously something a customer wants to see). you also cannot see apps unless your phone has hardware for it. so if you want to see "what apps work with game controller" you have to buy one to see (and then: you still won't know which, they are now in the list but so are the 102334o3 others).

the only good news is if you have a PC and cable modem wifi setup (which due to all the running down of details you very well may need to avoid expensive data charges). the WIFI downloads don't take long for most apps. but doing the actual searches for wtf you need to do or have - that takes a long time.

Posted by: Fairfax Underground Is ()
Date: January 13, 2023 03:09PM

Your wasting your time reading this right now fool

Posted by: 3rghj45 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 03:35PM

. 60Hz. they knew damn well 72 Hz is the minimum.

. RPG. on Win10 and Android many move very sluggishly. they should glide like a kite on a breezy sunny day. (very few do). once again: intellectual property wars are responsible. i omit details but have done it, long ago, successfully gliding at the refresh rate. some games even require "emulators" to run though they were designed on PC and run on PC - which is a SECOND SOURCE of sluggishness and bloat.

* game controller. well why not use the touch? have you ever seen how much replacing a whole screen due to dead touch costs? you might want to invest in a little senseful care-free protection. time. so you find out a bluetooth is full of crap - the games don't work. finding this out takes time (or money or both). you find out the "most popular" game controller want usb-c into your phone but might not fit (thus physically damage your phone in a force-fit angle). you then know if your a good shopper that these "around the phone" game controller VOID YOUR WARRANTEE since they charge your phone while playing with a charger the manufacturer hasn't agreed to. You next learn these require batteries that aren't replaceable - but a few are. Guess what: not all are compatible with all phones and games. Logitec don't work (an inexpensive one millioins have bought), it could (it's usb) but the asian phone "simply doesn't recognize it". They did that intentionally to help asian sales on wrap-around. You also get your time wasted by MICROSOFT ATTACK ADS which insinuate your a thief if you get a controller that isn't properly licensed by microsoft. I assure you there is no such thing. Microsoft's simply: OUTDATED CHINESE CONTROLLERS with fewer features, older models. Microsoft is a bitch from hell. ALL THE WHILE - THE ADS ARE CONSTRUCTED TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU NEED MORE AND MORE EXPENSIVE MODELS TO FIT YOUR BASE NEED. Waste time? Trying looking through a list of "phone holders" even though you searched for "game controller". Because: they use your time like it costs nothing, big tech does.

So it turns out to "play without game lags" you have to get one that voids your warrantee and also which "is very hard on the usb-c connector" (which unless your a repair person - is bad). Have I ever heard of Microsoft selling bad electronics that electrically damage other products. HELL YES. they have no soul. they will do exactly that probably intentionally.

There's another problem. What holds your phone in bed won't work well in a chair. you now need two models not one. (referring only to models that require you hold the controller which supports the phone)

So it turns out u get "lags" that aren't acceptable (by reviews), so you have to get one that voids your warrantee and "causes physical damage do to frequent plugging"

Turns out i didn't order one.

The whole game controller market is a huge fucking SCAM.

Oh yes, you have to charge your phone while playing 3D (i don't use 3D, i avoid it).

hvuf87tHGVuy.jpeg.webp DO NOT

Posted by: 4yj65 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 03:38PM

^ those "controllers" china is selling for $20 with more features than microsoft ones. bestbuy sells the same thing for $150. but they DON'T WORK. the products don't deliver. they rip you blind.

I forgot something important: the wrap around are designed so that your proper charging cable cannot fit*

what that means is you must accept "damage to your phone" or not use the product. you can't possible use the controller wisely by using a (samsung or apple) charger.

Posted by: 4hj65 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 03:42PM

SO THAT CONTROLLER THING. SHOPPING. TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. (i omitted phone model shopping - way too long to show). turns out if you want a game controller smart way is: (1) don't - use your touchscreen anyway or (2) get a PS2 controller your android/apple DOES recognize

but you'll need another time waster to get a controller that doesn't suck: SHOPPING FOR A USB HUB that isn't a hub that is "a usb switch" that doesn't suck

are there usb hub that suck and aren't what they appear to be? oh hell yes. i don't want to waste time listing how many ways "USB hub" can actually not act as a hub when they are supposed to, being sold as that.

Posted by: 3gh35 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 03:43PM

(why do you need a HUB to play games with a PS2 game controller compatible with your phone? because you have to charge the phone while playing)

Posted by: ghb4h45 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 03:58PM

hvuf87tHGVuy.jpeg.webp

notice how they've buffed the controller with "spray shine", that the plastic is almost glowing? guarantee you that it doesn't do that if you buy it. it WILL NOT be ps2 quality i guarantee it.

on that topic

cell phone reviews for camera

I've often wondered why i need a camera on my phone if hand held Nikkon or Cannon are very much better (which they certainly are).

CHINA CLAIMS THEIR CAMERAS ARE 64MP. (luckily i was not really interested in shopping cameras so this wasn't TIME WASTE for me)

I just took a photo. It is better but not allot better than iPhone 5c 1.2MP

Apple lists iPhone 13 as 12MP - which has photos way nicer than CHINA 64MP.

Waste my fucking time. Why don't they just print the un-china truth?

There's a lesson here. And that's that there are allot of phone reviews actually written by china made to look like they are written by domestic friends trying to help you

Apple_iphone13_display_09142021.jpg

This is a great photo but it WASN'T TAKEN BY A PHONE. It was taken by a Nikkon camera and put in a cell phone ad.

Posted by: t5h45 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:00PM

Believe it or Not, I had traced down ad photos to someone using a Nikkon years ago - so that I KNEW before shopping that the photos in the ads might be Nikkon photos not photos taken by the (models i was considering to buy)

Posted by: thbn45 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:04PM

(a Nikkon will catch every hair on your head and present it well in the phone - a cell phone will blur some of your hair - it won't be near the quality of Nikkon)

Posted by: 44hj4 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:13PM

Had I needed a camera and wasted my time with the reviews and the "64 MP" numbers, I would sadly have wasted allot of time and be disappointed I needed to go buy either an Apple iPhone 14 (at least) or a much cheaper Cannon (great photos) or a Nikkon (journalist quality photos).

Posted by: 4hj4j645 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:23PM

how did i catch an android vs apple photo quality reviewer doing that? it was partly luck. i found the photos in the ad were amazing and somehow searched for similar photo. the "reviewer" had other photos he was showing off from his home site.

turns out he had his own "home website" which is all about his love and work with Nikkon cameras. he probably hates cell phone cameras - perhaps not the iPhone 14 idk.

BUSTED

Posted by: 4hj4j645 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:27PM

TIME WASTERS ....

So I'm not saying all "cell phone photo quality review" are fake. Many are.

If you see an Review for 64MP that has a not to good photo that's blurry in places: BELIEVE THAT'S THE BEST POSSIBLE THE PHONE CAN DO. Because it is. If you see a much nicer photo elsewhere? Close your eyes, your time browsing has been wasted.

Posted by: 3hgh54 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:39PM

20171206_185053.jpg?fit=750%2C563&ssl=1

It's not just the amazingly better and larger lense. As nikkon ads will assure you - Digital cameras need ALLOT of special (if not proprietary) processing to present to you what you'd expect from a large-format-film (ie not 25mm, 45+mm) quality camera.

Posted by: 5hjn4 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 04:46PM

(and with that thought, and that Apple has "sapphire" (man made) lense covers, it's INCREDIBLE that apple fits a entry level quality camera into a small smart phone with such small lenses, albeit 3 of them - being that most of the phone has other duties other than that of being a camera)

Posted by: Kennith Star ()
Date: January 13, 2023 05:46PM

sprint-offers-free-unlimited-data-until-

TIME WASTER. I shopped "special deals" 2 carriers. BOTH required me to click on a bunch of band-wagon nigger ads which required a hyper-upgraded web browser and: LED TO PLANS THAT WERE 3X MORE EXPENSIVE than the lower rate plans alread offered in the same carrier's "regular plan list" (they usually have multiple, the lower plans difficult to find since they show you only the high list unless you are persistent).

So, i had to upgrade my PC 32 to 64 yadda yadda so that google and others could spam me with "hyper ads" my older PC wouldn't support.

YOU WANT TO KILL THE PEOPLE when you find out the mandatory PC upgrades are more about displaying a bunch of lies made by hookers and playboys than they are legitimate needs.

Posted by: gt4j6n65 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 08:01PM

ipad_coding.JPG NOT A FUCKING CHANCE

Don't waste your time ...

Many a poor programmer wants a notepad that makes calls and they can crack the Cisco IOS or Samsung OS to run linux do light compiling.

THEY ALL ARE DESIGNED TO FORCE YOU TO BUY A PHONE.

You think? Sure I'll buy a $50 flip phone to enable the pad. Wrong. They are all 4G and verizon only supports them and are $30/mo. minimum but those phones don't do data.

You think sure, i can sacrifice linux for apple unix or run ubuntu though I hate them. WRONG.

THEY ALL ARE DESIGNED TO FORCE YOU TO BUY A PHONE.

The "terminal app" only connects to remote computers it doesn't allow entry into the Android OS on the phone. For that you have to "kinda make your own phone" - which is an extremely long process since they've fucked everything up with software wars to trip up anyone following the leaders.

Posted by: 35rj645 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 08:42PM

Finally: my time and money saving recipe

Phone model:

(0) phone carriers have multiple plan lists. make sure you see all of them and avoid any "sale" ads. You can get phone connection for as little as $3/mo. Yes.

(1) Apple, if you have money. Buy an Apple from the apple site or an Open Box from amazon or ebay from a seller with at least 99% user response and more than 10,000 in sales. If the seller isn't that (and on amazon likely won't be): BUY IT FROM APPLE. Apple is higher quality in every way possible including saving your after-purchase time spent.

(2) Samsung. New or moreso Open Box off (off ebay). Best features. Not a cut&run company. The audio camera won't be as good, runs Android: all around best features for the money

buy a Zoogle Pixel if your a desperado android Geek wanting quality? you'll pay a high price though.

(3) do NOT by a USB 3.2 OTG $50 nefarious ads. (usb-c to usb-a with otg). Get the 3.1 for $2.50, very fast, and be happy didn't waste time trying to find 3.2 (you don't need 3.2 for a phone, not usually, perhaps professionally)

(4) do NOT buy a game controller "for the phone". buy a USB-a or USB-c one that your phone recognizes (sorry about your time - i don't have a list of which your phone knows about - and them: they hide it from you - they don't want you saving time and money). BUY ONE that works directly plugged in and works also for your PC - they are around $15, yes.

bluetooth is crap, 3ven bt 4.0 is like walking on a frozen leg. the lag will mean you can't actaully play games. total rip-off.

" How to Connect a Wired USB Controller to Android

If you want to play games on Android with a USB controller, you'll need a USB OTG cable. This is a special tool that adapts a standard USB connector to fit in your phone or tablet.

However, the OTG-USB cable does more than that, even letting you connect all manner of USB devices and drives to Android – controllers too! Our guide to USB-OTG explains this in more detail."

PS2_ACC_ControllerBLK-2__38981.167338233

durable and responsive. there are quality re-makes since, but not all are.

ONLY THE WIRED ONES (or wireless, which cell phones do not support), play well enough for gaming

*** you need a hub - or your back to touchscreen mashing ***

? shouldn't my game controller use wifi? yes there aren't any made.

(5) filming vids or need real camera? There are low cost devices that do that at higher speeds and better quality than cell phones do it. Consider canceling that from your "need it on the phone" list.

(6) don't expect to compile run your fav OS on the phone. it's a rat chase.

(7) HUB: there are ALLOT OF FAKE USB HUBS. Get one only from a NETWORKING COMPANY that makes BOTH both Ethernet Hubs and switches. There are no USB switches you want one they've never made one.

(a) cisco (make sure it's not their low cost model, is maybe china)

(b) linksys

(c) netgear

(d) D-Link

(3) Intel

(f) Gigabit

(g) TP-LINK

(some of the above may not make USB hub that don't require software - but the above is your best chance of finding one that "has a wall plug" which is what to look for)

these shouldn't require software to be installed nor a connection to a PC (not even for power - you should have a wall plug option with the unit). they are actually HUB.

IF IT SAYS IT NEEDS A USB(A/C) TO YOUR PC FOR POWER, they are lying. It's because there's no hub in the hub. It requires software and your PC to be on and nearby.

(cheap models require an extra connection to PC even though your going between two phones. they are not actually hubs. they are a bill gates china rip-off)

smart hubs won't save you. you need a usb-c to usb-a or what. if they could you wouldn't need a hub :)

just the fact you need one means you have multiple things to connect (power + 1 device) and or your device isn't sold as wifi by anyone

Posted by: 5ygh45h ()
Date: January 13, 2023 08:53PM

PS

When the introduced USB people complained. yet another connector and standard not compatible with anything serial IR wifi WIRELESS ethernet ps2 other existing at the time (we didn't have enough already??)

BIG TECH said "USB is more economical and offers cheap hubs and wires because the USB controllers chips are far stupider/smaller/easier to manufacture, physical wires are removed" (ethernet commonly had un-utilized wired due to big tech lame-ness).

"It puts cheaper devices in reach of poorer consumers that can use many devices off a hub if necessary."

Now go look at PRICES and time it takes to find a USB HUB - see that they've fucked it all up as thoroughly as they could. And everything they promised became: UNTRUE.

Posted by: game controllers ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:03PM

GAME CONTROLLERS

A warning bell should go off in your head looking at game controllers that are not wired:

* wifi (and logitec wireless) are common cheap available powersaving and have no lag. why aren't aren't any of these WIFI then?

I have a logitech mouse that ran without any lag for a year on one duracell battery. Absolutely incredible and IT WAS A LOW COST MOUSE. If not a single "no wire" game controller for "cell phone" even attempts to do the same: THEY MUST BE A BAND OF FAKERS.

* some require you to hold the phone a particular way. this will be great in a chair not work at all attempting to game in bed

wait, a cardboard box could hold my cell phone - i'm trying to get a game controller with buttons that don't jam. not a bent piece of chinese plastic that will scratch my phone case.

Posted by: CORRECTION? ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:13PM

I FORGOT TO SAY. those CHINESE Bestbuy (worst buy) USB HUB that require a usb connection to your PC?

THE DON'T HAVE A USB HUB CONTROLLER. THEY ARE ROBBING THE ONE IN YOUR MADE-IN-USA INTEL CHIP. that's why they "need the connection" to your pc. they are robbing you blind.

143712166117?hash=item2175e9a0e5:g:hwEAA
you don't need a hub for usb per say

https://www.easeus.com/knowledge-center/usb-splitter.html

"usb splitter versus usb hub: which is better for you"

(you can use a splitter cable with USB - a hub isn't necessarily required)

They are $2 versus $40 and perhaps all you need for your cell phone

waste any more time?

Posted by: 3gt3h5 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:18PM

s-l300.jpg splitter $2

so in a way i'm sorry i mentioned HUB - since for cell phone you might not need one for normal use

Posted by: 3gfh35 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:24PM

HERE'S AN CHINESE AD FOR A 4-WAY SPLITTER

$4

4 Port High Speed Extension Cable USB 2.0 Hub Splitter Adapter For Laptop PC MAC Charging Cable

Specification:
1.Item:4port USB Hub
2. USB Version:2.0
3.Cable Length:0.45m
4.Surpport system: for Mac/Vista/Windows
5.Support Devices: Tablet/USB Driver/OTG/PC/Laptop
6.Size:76*24*24mm
7.Material:ABS
8.Shell manufacturing technique: Polished Alloy, Anti-skip, anti-fingerprint
8.Colour; black
Parameter:
1. USB binding 2.0 chip, high speed chip.
2. (Hi-speed) USB2.0 interface, theoretical maximum speed up to 480Mbps, and backward compatible with USB 1.1/1.0 standard specifications
3. Equipped with four sets of USB jacks with hot plug function
4. Current protection function, support overload voltage and instantaneous current protection function, safe and convenient to use
5. Work output is stable
6. Working humidity: 10% - 90%
7. Working voltage: 5V
8. Working current: 500mA
9. Working temperature: -20C - 75C
10. Storage temperature: -40C - 85C
Package Included:
1 x Mini USB 2.0 Hi-Speed 4-Port Splitter Hub Adapter For PC Computer(Not included the retail package)\

kexWLIZ4mJ2XSquJ-XjaGtUsV_uYWymdNNy3aLGK if i weren't out of time for $4 i'd order one

6460660cv11d.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth= DO NOT

bestbuy $40. see the mandatory usb-a to the pc? it means it's not a hub. it's cheap shit and they are charging you up the wazoo.,

Posted by: 34tghg53 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:26PM

Again. I can't go through all the TIME WASTERS of choosing a phone.

I did cover a few items (carriers, camera ads, game controllers, hubs) that could be covered a little better but fit in a small post.

Posted by: CORRECTON ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:48PM

I hate to waste the reader's time.

The splitters have "4 inputs and 1 output". Be sure not to get the two mixed up.

(a HUB on the other hand is all-way, 1-at-a-time, so there is no worry. a real hub not a bestbuy hub). a switch, which USB has not risen to the level of, is all-way and all-at-a-time (with flood control chip btw).

Posted by: 3g4hb53 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 09:49PM

I hate to waste the reader's time.

The splitters have "4 inputs and 1 output". Be sure not to get the two mixed up. There can only be 1 output, ie the phone. so you need usb-c "input" or it won't work even though you may be able to plug it all it by hand.

(a HUB on the other hand is all-way, 1-at-a-time, so there is no worry. a real hub not a bestbuy hub). a switch, which USB has not risen to the level of, is all-way and all-at-a-time (with flood control chip btw).

AND YOU SEE - THE TIME WASTING GOES ON

this is why "usb-c, OTG required, calbe not included" is a time waster

Posted by: 34h54 ()
Date: January 13, 2023 10:17PM

BUT WAIT - as to the above - you still need OTG with your phone - so buying a splitter or hub is more wasting your time, there's more homework to do

What is OTG?

My definition: the chinese ripped you off. The usb-c connector on the phone does NOT really support USB fully. Because of that: you need "a chip in every cable" that they left out of the phone.

MANY COMPLAIN APPLE IS GREEDY ABOUT USING LIGHTNING CABLE. On the other hand - apple's connects to USB out of the box. But they don't let you attach an HDD without "an apple adapter". And if a straight-through quality 5.0 usb (no hardware just cable) male-female works: they won't say. waste my time

Posted by: CORRECTION ()
Date: January 14, 2023 02:36AM

CORRECTION: sorry. even more dangrous and waste of time than thought ...

USB "specification" won't let a phone charge on a hub "per say", not that easily.

!!! MOST/ALL HUBS are "charging only" (cheap ones) or "data only" !!!! maening if you have a cell phone: your still fucked.

Infact many people are writing angry articles "they bought xyz so they could charge phone while using a devide (joystick, usb thumb)" and it don't work (perhaps with apple.

I'M STILL WASTING F'ING TIME LOOKING INTO WHAT this means without spending $100 and ending up still not supported. (throwing cash NEVER helps with pc parts)

(it appears usb-c hubs which aren't data only hubs support charging and data "safely". but i'm not willing to pay $50 for a USB hub to game while charging. just not going to.)

Posted by: erhg3h53 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 02:38AM

if you plug in "unkown usb specification support" chinese PC parts into a 4-port HUB from bestbuy, a 25 watt speed charger, hook that all to the phone and SMELL SMOKE - it wouldn't surprise me.

Posted by: erhg3h53 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 02:44AM

^^^ and even if I find a "usb-c might do the trick" though I never plug in *might* to and expensive device

SAMSUNG VOIDS THE WARRANTEE unless the power source is a SAMSUNG charger.

(the solution must charge through the hub but not by power of the hub or any other device, period)

AND THAT'S WHY PEOPLE ARE ASKING, AND GETTING FRUSTRATED

Posted by: 4h4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 02:50AM

(i found a home page of someone who "did their own ppower electronics" to jack his iPhone to "charge while doing data", he ranted that apple lied and stopped communicating and "had to do it himself")

Posted by: 45gyhnj64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 02:51AM

4h4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (i found a home page of someone who "did their own
> ppower electronics" to jack his iPhone to "charge
> while doing data", he ranted that apple lied and
> stopped communicating and "had to do it himself")

And that's WASTED TIME caused by a cell phone.

Posted by: hgjh64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 02:59AM

here's my advice on USB today with the recent "revelations"

USB A,B,C,D,E,F,G,....,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y, $1,5000 by the time they're done is SCSI-II except stupider and so many models and devices you can't find documentation on what will / won't work

Are you happy Bill Gates and Europeans made a hate war on SCSCI-II (texas taxpayer owned) which has high speed and clean power now ??

(the euro germans also illegally released scsi-3, which removes a safety feature rather than adds a feature - which cost Virginia taxpayers $256 million dollars when it fried their whole data storage on a single error)

Posted by: 4455hj ()
Date: January 14, 2023 03:01AM

(usb-c "has power" but doesn't have security. isn't fully secure for data - why they say don't charge you phone in public place. but it has no POWER ROUTING SECURITY - it has 0 idea of WHO'S power is going where and if it's allowed)

Posted by: 3grh534 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 03:02AM

^^ if it didn't make a difference, it wouldn't void warrantees. trust me.

Posted by: 35ghj64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 03:06AM

(non-geek ancient wizard remark on security: the original computer security of security rings (intel had 7 in cpu) and passwords were based on TUBE COMPUTER security. they were NEVER intended to protect from intellectual property theft. they were designed for POWER SECURITY - to prevent tubes from over-loading)

and with that said: Unix was designed to have each app run as a separate user - not all apps on one desktop running as same user. it's the biggest lie your win10 or unix desktop (unless Sun Micro has configured it btw) is "application secure"

(and win10 and ubu and china android: - they steal all your passwords and allow chinese to upload ring 0 level changes whenever they please. they own your ass. nothing is secure)

the Hillary generation never did ANYTHING they wewre supposed to have done

Posted by: CORRECTION ()
Date: January 14, 2023 03:08AM

CORRECTION addition to TIME SAVING list:

Don't buy a hub thinking you can charge your phone* and plug your headphones in both. Waste of time.

(and not void your warrantee or even smell smoke)

Posted by: RGBH4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 03:35AM

Posted by: TIP ()
Date: January 14, 2023 03:45AM

Never listen to euro-rat quorum stack exchange wikipedia. THey are cheerleaders for china. And they freely give advice which might kill you for real (ie, on youtube).

THEY SAID "yes your phone can power your hdd by usb due to usb-c"

TOTAL LIE don't let it fool you. That has 0 todo with cell phones (the hdd is designed to accept naughty usb power via usb - it has hardware to handle it safely). HDD get power by usb cell phone or not.

TOTAL LIES: your cell phone maker specifically tells you NOT TO POWER AN HDD using your cell phone. this not only means your HDD must get normal usb power. You must "somehow insure" the power is from a pc not your phone while both are plugged in. BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT, SINCE THE MARKET IS ALL FUCKED UP, IT'S ALL CHINESE FLIM FLAM, and none of the real makers (cisco et al) make USB hub.

DON'T LET IT FOOL YOU - the fuckers answer every question but the one asked. It doesn't work the other way around. they know they question well. it is all image protection for the chinese.

Posted by: htjn6t4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 04:01AM

So. Games are popular on phones and drain the battery badly (even toward damaging them).

Game Controllers come only bluetooth (don't work worth a shit) or Wired - none are wifi.

IT'S EXTREMELY KNOWABLE that roughly 1/2 the cell phone holders want to charge the phone with either speakers or a game controller "working".

THEY REMOVED THE CHARGE PLUG, integrated it with "a bitch called usb-c", and void warrantees if you use a "usb hub has a charger".

THIS WAS A DESIGNED IN WASTE OF TIME. Why no power plug if the data cable can't handle it?

Same with removing the headphone jack and "hoping it floated over a hube 2.0 to 3.0 yadda yadda" (many are asking if that actually works while other devices are plugged in to hub - answers are not confirmed as far as i can see).

Simlarly, same deal with audiophiles and loud headphones or speakers.

Posted by: 3grh5 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 04:17AM

SOOOO....

analyze this do i have a hole in my theory.

Should LOGITEC (ie F310) game controller have a batter like the M170 mouse?)

wrong. it's not the game controller (or powered speakers) that consume much power: it's the games and or high end graphics browsing - on the phone - that do. that's why you want it, even need it, charged while "playing". also - the F310 never come with batt unless they are "wireless" - and those android refuses to detect.

(i still want to know how a laser mouse, m170, works >1yr on a single easily replaced low cost duracell battery - absolutely amazing product LOGITEC has there. i can understand the chip may be low power ... but it has to use a laser also. amazing)

SO IT'S NOT DEVICES that need power while playing. it's the phone - the same thing that "removed it as if it wasn't needed"

Posted by: 34th534 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:01PM

Yes, usb-c cell phone can blow up if you hook things up wrong.

And that's a waste of your time.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/115251-how-usb-charging-works-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

"How do you know what the right USB-C cable is? Sometimes — and this is the ugly truth — you can’t. In the past, there’ve been spreadsheets dedicated to recording good versus bad cables, but the projects seem to have fallen by the wayside and are now outdated."

I will add and warn that USB 2.0 chargers (apple, older manybe newer samsung) are not the same. That when you start mixing 2.0 and 3.0 upstream and downstream: you add a kind of complexity that USB hasn't forseen and doesn't cover.

USB 2.0 3.0 don't even have power on same lines. It "should be" 5V on the power line at all times or all components shut down. However. Remember you have cheap things (mice?) mixed with expensive things (cell phone), that cable wiring isn't completely known nor is "what the hub does and and if it's a splitter or real hub or somewhere in-between". Some split data only not power, others have "power only ports", none i've seen claim to do both.

I WOULD STAY 10 FOOT AWAY FROM USB "charging phone while other devices are plugged in also"

complexity matters: adding power "somewhere downstream" (probably on usb 2.0 if your trying to save money) probably hits USB at it's worst and least thought out extents of complexity, engineering wise

" Most vendors now put a small lightning icon above the proper charging port on laptops, and in some cases, those ports can even stay on when the lid is closed."

So be sure not to try to jam your Apple Lightning Cable into that. There product confusion for the symbols imho.

the article above has no pinouts (if usb has any reliable ones) - which is typical of a burdgeoning repair person not an circuit/field analyst.

USB was (started) by Intel but the chinese quickly came out with AN ALTERNATE VERSION OF USB

These two require different drivers and are not compatible except through PC software.

THE CONSUMER HAS ANOTHER PROBLEM: when china says usb, which chipset was used? realtek / intel or other china usb chipset?

There could be complexities of how POWER is handled between the two. This is just another can of worms BIG TECH has left behind.

Intel claims Intellectual Property Rights of USB. China won't pay it.

There is an active dispute of who's USB is "the real one".

There also is an active dispute of "who can release 3.0 and 4.0 specifications"? UK says china does and not to pay attention to Intel USA.

Posted by: 3gh5 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:01PM

Screenshot-2023-01-13-at-13-22-33-Gus-Fu

tell me which wire is 5V guaranteed and which wire is true neutral guaranteed NOW, or i hand over biden right when he needs a diaper change!!!

(that should scare the chinese more than anything!)

Posted by: 3g3h53 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:02PM

A good lesson here is: cell phones run off a battery wich while it drains looses voltage. they aren't dumb they can do these things.

Somehow - they've usb-c built a phone which doesn't shut off when voltage is too high or ampherage is too low; thus they must void your warrantee if you have "an unkown USB 5V source"

THAT'S A PROBLEM, because USB is a bit nefarious. None of the devices should assume that voltage is not 6V or 2V or can deliver continually.

They all should shut off if there's a problem. They don't.

perhaps devices could omit "rapidly fluctuating 5V power" that delivers 1/2 ampherage over time that would trick the voltage sensor, perhaps. but not even.

A cheap charger, when you draw power, goes to 4V and expects devices control themselves.

An LM stays near 5V: but it's not perfect. Go outside it's range some shut-off some don't.

It SHOULD BE if you plug TWO chargers on the hub you've protected yourself.

BUT ... LM are part digital and not all compatible and you don't know how they're interconnected by the hub. It might actually make things worse.

LM, which stabelize the 5V, have something like 25 TWENTY FIVE components in them.

But some don't use LM :) They use other technologies (luch as linear supply digitial time flipping) to "try to stay at 5V". Inside your powered or unpowered hub, inside your cell charger, inside your phone: MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

SO: an LM, if suddently change, could fail to react fast enough and let Voltage be 6V or 4V instead of 5V "if it gets tricked". Depends on the model.

While most LM have a shutoff for their own internal heat: they don't shutoff for their neighbor's internal heat.

"all on the same 5V schoolbus", where power is shared like Open Source ... is a problem. unfortunately. are there bad kids on the schoolbus? possibly. microsoft?

My saving time advice here is:

"if you are bound to try it, use usb-c 3.0+ cables all from same company, usb-c 3.0+ chargers all from same company, usb 3.0+ hub/splitter? all from same company, and do NOT test it on hardware you can't afford to fry"

it might work. but saying it's all safely laid out for the consumer: no.

Posted by: 3g5h4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:03PM

Elon-Musk-strikes-a-pose-640x480.jpg

sending power either directions - sometimes is possible - unfortunately

Posted by: 34t5h34 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:04PM

If you've smartly used a "old fashioned isolation transformer" in your phone charger (NOTE: i cannot confirm they did), your components are protected from over-voltage, getting 120V instantaneously "by trick and trap of modal swinging of multiple modules interacting beyond each's time window limits". Unfortunately, Apple et al do not publish the circuit diagrams of their miniature charger modules.

But what about under-voltage? Your mouse's components might be ok up to 60V instantaneously (without appreciable current increase allowed). But they (phone? mouse?) might fry if the voltage is too low and sustained. IDK. you can't just google that kind of thing.

On the other hand. A note about quality again. Chargers are 5V DC, but input is 120V AC.

You only HOPE there is no way that if the charger shorts internally that it cannot short to 120V instead of opening the circuit. For example: if the coil on both were to melt onto the iron there could be 120V and blow out things.

"Therefore, the failures of power transformer can be divided into three categories, as follows; 1) winding failures, 2) bushing failures, and 3) load-tap-changer failures. The failure mode of winding is* short circuit."

*usually, statistically

"small electronics are cheap - just add components"

Ah, there's where there's a problem for Cell Phones running on a battery.

EACH COMPONENT ADDED has about has up to 50% power loss each when warm/hot. It's why you have to keep charging it.

So adding monitors is a good thing: but kills your battery also. And costs money. Also they are not easily "put in" by the factory.

POWER MODULES are a relatively new thing. They are CPU dedicated to monitoring. Your cell phone probably has one for battery input but perhaps not for USB-C also.

So power control modules (PCM) (cpu controls maybe even conditions power with help of external components): many problems

1) they use power

2) they are new: there are 1,000 designs and many are in chinese. none two are the same, the second you look at one a new version has been released.

3) there are many form factors - these are not standards between them

while PCM are likely in your car charger "where they need to be", they can't necessarily be in phones everywhere they would need to be

Posted by: 34th453 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:04PM

The blame finger should be placed on USB. Not cell phones.

The devices cannot all be expected to have vast PCM infrastructures both internal and external multi-way bussing of the control. Too hard on batteries.

USB should not have "un-guaranteed" power state to begin with. And "who is the charger" should not make a difference: 0,1,2 plugged anywhere should work. If there are multiple chargers should increase reliability not throw up warrantee voiding.

Meanwhile, all devices should have minimal protection for "voltage too low" as if they were on a battery - since current might blow them out.

It's a good question why Samsung wouldn't say: "here are brands of safe charger - our phone is protected from undervoltage but not bad chargers".

They did not. And that means it wasn't thesible to do.

And that means, to me, Don't Blame Samsung. It's USB which has made things nefarious.

it SHOULD BE if the samsung is powering a memory card and i plug a charger into any usb3 or usb2 hub that the poor thing is relieved of charging duty

but that isn't the state of things. remember usb2 usb3 don't even use the same wires, necessarily at all times, for power

Posted by: 3grh54 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:06PM

So this get's two time saving advice, rather a 2nd:

If you have the thought of charging you phone on a HUB while devices are plugged.

FORGET IT. run the other way.

there are HUB that only charge and allow multiple devices to charge: they are NOT for data and cell phone manufacturers don't allow them (void warrantee)

Posted by: gtyj65 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 06:10PM

it SHOULD BE if the samsung is powering a memory card and i plug a charger into any usb3 or usb2 hub that the poor thing is relieved of charging duty

but that isn't the state of things. remember usb2 usb3 don't even use the same wires, necessarily at all times, for power

Does apple Lighting have these issues?

IDK. all uconfirmed rumor so far as i've heard yet, which i won't repeat.

Posted by: correction ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:04PM

> EACH COMPONENT ADDED has about has up to 50% power loss each when warm/hot. It's why you have to keep charging it.

i mean each time you run all your power through a power electronics component that's actually cappable of protection: such as a 90W diode that insures current goes only one way that gets "very warm"

Posted by: 45jj6k5 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:07PM

phone makers can't add "good protection" everywhere: your batter would die in an hour

USB is blame here. they should re-release 2.0 and 3.0 to be rid of problems harassing the cell phones

Posted by: 4t6m5 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:09PM

and that includes cables - some which are expensive

WHICH HAVE BEEN FOUND: to cross-wire and or be missing wires, for 2.0 3.0

USB is to blame, is my ad. at these cut & run people.

Posted by: 35jn6t4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:17PM

consumer-reports-us.png?width=1120&quali

From the consumer point of view. I have to insist.

It should NOT matter if i use 2.0 hub into usb-c or 3.0 usb-c into 2.0 or mixed.

I should be able to plug an authorized charger ANYWHERE on the f'ing thing and be warrantee covered.

That's what you can expect from consumers from such a complex situation, that's what they SHOULD HAVE done.

Posted by: h5rjn4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:18PM

it should NOT matter which or any devices have internal chargers / batteries also

Posted by: 3gh53 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:19PM

AND IT SHOULD NOT REQUIRE UPGRADES TO USB-4.0 to do this (to have a device as host or not should NOT matter, OTG should never have evolved)

they should recall faulty 2.0 and re-release/back-port the cheaper 2.0, and replace faulty cables FOR FREE

Posted by: 5yj64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:35PM

BIG TECH owes to replace this crap for decieving consumers that "devices would have power". Becuase they DON'T. That's what we've discovered. They lied.

Now. Chargers are not power supplies. So actually an Authorized Power Source should be able to (multiply if I choose) be plugged ANYWHERE on usb.

This means cell phones have a problem: power sources are not "good" chargers. For that I suggest an OPTIONAL fob usb-c cabel to phone (there's only 1) to allow phone charger characteristics using the power of the USB Power Supply(s) - which acts properly if the supply is a charger having same connector. A per device "need" easily supported that does not demand CELL BATTERY which are to be conservered.

Posted by: 5yj64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:48PM

just because a 5V power supply "anywhere on any hub" isn't a "good charger" doesn't mean such an authorized PS should void any phone warranty: 5V charging at any mA should not cause problems (be it insufficient and cause gradual battery drain or not).

Posted by: 56k765 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 07:49PM

and the power supply, obviously, should NOT be authorized ot be a simple transformer who's voltage is too high, drops when drawn ot an average of 5V. that is NOT good enough. that only works with specific devices pre-planned.

Posted by: 3gh53 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 08:01PM

Finally. If any charger (apple, samsung) does NOT provide 5V at any ampherage drop it should BE RECALLED.

Anything which doesn't operate as USB (5V) should not have a USB compatible connector to PREVENT THE CONSUMER FROM PLUGGING IT IN.

for example "9V to 5V charging" is not acceptable, since a mouse expects 5V.

Posted by: hjn4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 08:04PM

it "sounds like" i've said samsung and apple each need a usb-c fob to convert autorized USB PS to Charger. Actually no, because they are both relatively compatible. It isn't the case "the cell phone is at fault", again.

Posted by: 45yj65 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 08:08PM

OTG and usb-c are awful and added cost solution (as to power distirbution). It forces upgrade to 3.0 usb-c. It's insufficient and isn't a recall: it costs the consumer hand over fist. And it doesn't work with 2.0 properly either: if anything it makes the situation of "mixed 2.0 3.0" more dangerous.

You shouldn't need compatble (see above) "master PCM" on a bus and crypto keys to access it: to get power. That's complete forced upgrade forced cost increase bullshit.

Posted by: 4j6454 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 08:10PM

I don't see a CONSPICUOUSLY LARGE organge and black label on my charger cord:

"warning this charger is not usb 2.0 compatible"

and if i don't - it damn well better be fully 2.0 compatible

Posted by: nym5 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 08:14PM

"master PCM" my ass. they've never made two alike. they are all over the place you can't even track down a company that sold them 2 years ago let alone get the specs. master 3.0 pcm? not same as master pcm for 3.1a? my ass.

Posted by: 5hyjn64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 08:23PM

Yes, usb-c cell phone can blow up if you hook things up wrong.

Posted by: 3rgh5 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 09:02PM

has OP (original poster) made any power supplies and chargers?

Yes. In highschool electronics. And recently some trivial small ones - studying pcm for repairing some device and various replacement scenarious (which all out-costed the device worth).

Yes I've successfully made small 5V power supply also chargers and used them succesfully. And know about bucks and pcm diagrams.

Yes I could make the above suggested fob ... were it not for USB-c-OTG "protocol" tampering and the VAST REQUIREMENTS it would take to "undo that evil to do good".

Posted by: how do you know? ()
Date: January 14, 2023 09:32PM

how do you know a fob would work?

WHY DO YOU SAY OTG is euro malware electronics designed to spite consumers?

After all: cpu require "computer grade power" and battery charging does not.

THAT'S SIMPLE.

* I observed usb 2.0 and 3.0 have powered hubs. they are cheap small they aren't computer grade (as per cost). Yet they do power devices and even HELP increase data trasfer rate, despite their "power being not computer grade power supplies" by hyper-PC specs.

therefore, saying charger 5V cannot be made useful to charge while the data lines are open: is not true. at least at 5V slow charge.

(now, if they required 9V fast charge and mingled those lines with the USB lines illegally on a usb cable: then no, a fob might not work (but might) since it'd have to clean extra voltage off the data lines. but the phone itself - might not allow that)

still: even without fob, as i said previously, the phone should benefit (charge) with a 5V connection to powered hub (WE DISCUSSED ABOVE ABOUT NEVER TRYING THAT)

this is a problem of euro malware agents "editing USB specs outside of Intel approval", installing OTG and such to force upgrade on consumers AND PREVENT competing devices from being sold to solve problems

OTG is a bitch

Posted by: 6j65655 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 09:42PM

OTG is a LIE

they are using fake news media to tell people "it let's the phone give power and receive power separately at once"

BUT you can't charge the phone and receive data (look above, there's no way to do it)

What that means is they sold you usb-c said you could attach usb devices: but you CANNOT. You cannot without OTG. In other words: it is not USB.

Why do I need an OTG connector today but on past models I didn't? Because they are lying.

Furthermore, the string of lies about it supporting power all ways safely aren't true.

Posted by: 3gh3 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 09:59PM

Now, wikipedia (the great liar), says OTG has nothing to do with power. It says it's about "the new ability for a phone to become a slave instead of host"

... well ...

https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_5-10386.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqVZHyzdJw

As it turns out, BEFORE OTG, you could directly connect your phone and get files off of it at USB speeds.

So... OTG does what?

"Transfer files between your computer & Pixel phone. You can use your Google Account or a USB cable to move photos. OTG not required."

We have difference sources saying "OTG" has special features. I would say none of it is 100% confirmed as ever necessary nor necessarily "the truth".

Posted by: 3gr3h534 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:04PM

MORE LIES DETECTED ...

"OTG allows the connection of input data storage like USB thumb memory"

(and from the same assholes who are lying about OTG from uk, another informer mistakenly tells the truth because: he's selling USB thub on his website)

Can i use a memory usb with pixel 5?

"The Google Pixel 5 is compatible with the following USB Flash Drives."

Posted by: 3gr3h534 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:10PM

How did I KNOW this?

Simple.

No phone maker would EVER have a connector with an USB endpoint if it couldn't transfer files.

It is true that reading and writing are conceivably different for USB (for a mouse with a poor-man's controller, not for a full cell phone usb hub).

But even in early versions of phones they knew "if their competitors could read files by usb and they could not - they were going to have market problems lacking the feature of copy or read files by cable" because not everyone HAD wifi hubs back then. They couldn't NOT do it.

USB means both ways. It's pretty simple.

Posted by: 4hjn64 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:11PM

THIS MEANS - they sold you a phone said USB-c

but it's not USB it doesn't go both ways without OTG, which then also requires usb-3.0 compatible parts

but it offers NO NEW FEATURE (of charging while transferring files)

IT'S A SCAM

Posted by: 5jk76 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:16PM

if you counted, there are 3-4 "news releases" above about what and why OTG is. all of them have been proven untrue above.

but the cell phone makers: say it's REQUIRED

Posted by: 5h4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:24PM

having read about USB long ago, i heard about device slave as wikipedia describes it. IT'S A LIE. before usb was SCSI. there were host and slave roles during transfer but nothign prevented a device from containing a full controller

the point is: as the linux rantings went on: your mouse was slave only (cheap models), your PC might be host only, but a HUB had to have a "full controller" (do both)

they'd never put 1/2 a usb controller in a phone. usb controllers "are cheap". would never happen.

Posted by: hgnj4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:25PM

USB was not born "host or slave". it's not true. the original specs had various controllers. one of which was "full controller".

Posted by: e43h54 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:27PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

Koeman, Kosta (22 November 2001). "Understanding USB On-The-Go". edn.com. EDN. Retrieved 20 June 2017.

I'm permanently banned from Wikipedia "for not citing a citation".

Look at that bullshitters #1 citation !!

Intel is not found anywhere in citations. Intel OWNS usb and the specification: it costs money. if you use it without permission they can sue.

Posted by: 35hj4 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:28PM

USB 1.0 and 2.0 spec: Retrieved 26 June 2017.[permanent dead link]

SURE. SURE. and china and UK are who give out the specs as i mentioned far above.

Posted by: 34tgh53 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:31PM

Kingson: "Why Choose USB OTG Flash Drives? Expanded storage for smartphones and tablets"

(a chinese device kingston is selling btw)

THAT'S THE 5TH STORY WE'VE HEARD AND I BET WE HEAR MORE.

THE MORE YOU SAY, THE LESS I BELIEVE

Posted by: Lifewire ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:34PM

Apple does not support OTG.

That means if all cheap connectors on EBAY are all "OTG" supporting, you must throw away your Apple iPhone.

WHAT A DAMN COINCIDENCE

Posted by: 3hhj54 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:35PM

Q : Does Apple iPhone 14 Plus support USB OTG to sync files? A : Yes, Apple iPhone 14 Plus does supports USB OTG.

smart boys. they support it now. but it's not required.

Posted by: 35yghj54 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:38PM

What is USB OTG and what can you use it for?
XDA Developers
https://www.xda-developers.com Mobile

Jan 6, 2023 — Most Android phones nowadays have support for OTG. On some devices, it's disabled out of the box for security reasons

wait a fucking second - the phone maker and Wikipedia told me it was REQUIRED. say it ain't so.

Posted by: rgh3 ()
Date: January 14, 2023 10:40PM

Don't get me wrong I really like my android and iphone both.

I like them enough not to smell smoke.

I like myself enough to avoid time wasting rat chases.

In this article I hoped to warn others, expose, some rat chases.

Posted by: 3wgh5r3 ()
Date: January 16, 2023 07:26PM

Posted by: 4gh3 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 11:01PM

hopefully, wifi v7 will not be "prevented from phone calls" like wifi6 is. all an asian scam/payoff

why intel took the payoff is dubious: asians agreed to "not attack intel PC market" BUT THEY LIED LIKE HELL

not only 300 phone models out of china in 1-2 yr, but they are making PC and laptop and advertising "Intel as no longer useful in the world"

Posted by: 3rgh53 ()
Date: January 22, 2023 04:23PM

Posted by: 3h453 ()
Date: January 27, 2023 11:09PM

1 otg to go please, uh i feel like that's junk food

Posted by: 3rh564 ()
Date: February 01, 2023 01:46PM

51-2PZby7KL.jpg

I got this cheap but very usable Logitec from Microcenter fairfax, for PC.

UPDATE: game controller waste of time PERIOD

So from above. This controller DOES work with Android but that it does "BIG TECH" (ie, chinese servers in china) keep you from learning. (they want you to believe that another $100 purchase from china is required)

BUT THE REAL SECRET IT: ANDROID GAMES GENERALLY DON'T SUPPORT ANY CONTROLLER, many support touch screen only. The games also usually don't support keyboard either and if they do it's "not setup right really".

I discussed much above there isn't a damn chance your charging your phone safely while playing a game that has any connector plugged in physically. (and that bluetooth are crap don't bother, and that Logitec wireless require a thumb connector)

THE BATTERY LIFE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I would be able to play a while, perhaps not finish, but dig deep into the battery doing it and need a full re-charge.

(in other words it works but is hard on the phone - could even damage the battery) if your not watching the time - and with games there are sequences which make time management difficult - since they tend to pop up just a minute before you plan shutting it down

Posted by: rg4hj4 ()
Date: February 01, 2023 01:48PM

lithium batteries do NOT like being fully drained ever. they like getting their recharge, say, at the 90% zone

playing a game without being powered: not a good plan in general. you will probably (often) mistakenly go into the "NO" battery zone

Posted by: tgh45 ()
Date: February 01, 2023 01:53PM

hvuf87tHGVuy.jpeg.webp D O __ N O T

this is a big lie. the games DO NOT support a controller, most of them.

also - while google play boasts allot of games: most are "in app purchase" and full of ads

(where as on iPhone: they are mostly in-app-purchase and full of ads also)

Posted by: Simple for Me ()
Date: February 01, 2023 01:58PM

Not sure what is meant by "cellphone sales." When a purchase a cellphone I first read up the models. Then next I read up on what plans are offered by different providers.

Once I pick a plan and phone I go buy it. Takes about 10 minutes.

Posted by: 4g Forever ()
Date: February 01, 2023 02:00PM

Therefore, the thing to remember is that 4G will not be going away anytime soon, regardless of how fast the 5G network grows. The plan is for existing 4G LTE networks to be used by carriers well into 2030.O

Posted by: 3gf3hg3 ()
Date: May 03, 2023 06:08PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.