HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Real news ()
Date: November 23, 2022 04:47PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Buck Blocker. ()
Date: November 23, 2022 05:16PM

If you make less than 100k a year you are a complete loser and do not deserve a house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Hdug ()
Date: November 23, 2022 05:52PM

Buck Blocker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you make less than 100k a year you are a
> complete loser and do not deserve a house.

Only around 13% of the population makes 100k a year. It is a really tiny minority. Even in this area. Maybe like a 1/4 make that round these parts. Is everyone else really a loser?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: 4tt55 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 09:17PM

Based on 2021 information 36% of households have incomes of $100K or more. Not close to 50% but also well above 13%. In Fairfax County the median household income is over $120k. Since most households contain more than one income earner it is more appropriate to use household income rather than individual income in judging affordability.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: cooking Turkey ()
Date: November 24, 2022 08:33AM

Shit, I make 83k and my old lady makes 68k and we are barely making it . We are making payments on a skinny 3 level town house in Reston. We are poor as shit thanks to Trump and his virus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Bcuv ()
Date: November 24, 2022 10:48AM

Certainly doesn’t help wages haven’t kept up with inflation for 40 years. Everyone is going to be living in a van down by the river in 20.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: I own two houses ()
Date: November 24, 2022 02:16PM

and I only make about 75...

It's all about managing money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Vfuf ()
Date: November 24, 2022 02:50PM

I own two houses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and I only make about 75...
>
> It's all about managing money.


You are probably old and bought into the area when prices were relatively cheap. No way I’d be able to buy a home in any market that isn’t in a complete shit hole right now and I’m middle class.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: 1985 ()
Date: November 24, 2022 06:05PM

Vfuf: Try buying a home in an era of rising prices AND double digit interest rates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Get local ()
Date: November 24, 2022 06:53PM

This is Fairfax County. Almost everyone makes more than $120,000. The reason the average is lower is a large number of retired people who have high net worth but lower income.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Hfuh ()
Date: November 24, 2022 07:05PM

Get local Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is Fairfax County. Almost everyone makes
> more than $120,000. The reason the average is
> lower is a large number of retired people who have
> high net worth but lower income.

No, almost everyone doesn’t make that here. I fucking wish. 120k is at the tippy top of earners in this area. Most are lucky to get to 80k.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: you might want to check your sou ()
Date: November 24, 2022 07:44PM

Not according to collected data. According to Fairfax County's most recent study over 60% of Fairfax County households have a combined income of $100,000 or more with 25% having a combined income of $200,000 or more. The median household income is over $120,000. Looking at just 2 adult household the percentage having a combined income of $100,000 or more is almost 70%.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: November 24, 2022 08:11PM

cooking Turkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shit, I make 83k and my old lady makes 68k and we
> are barely making it . We are making payments on a
> skinny 3 level town house in Reston. We are poor
> as shit thanks to Trump and his virus.


You are poor because you are a dumbass libtard. But keep blaming real Americans for your pathetic situation since that has worked so well for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Are you that dense NW? ()
Date: November 24, 2022 10:42PM

He is poor because he bought a townhouse meaning he's stuck paying HOA dues on top of his mortgage payment. He's poor because he and his wife ran up student loan debt and then made the minimum required payments after graduation. He's poor because he ran up credit card debt to finance fun and luxuries and is now paying 24% on the balance. He's poor because he and his wife bought new cars that they financed for 7 years rather than buying old cars that they could pay cash for or pay off in 3. Used carefully debt can be a way to leverage your dreams. Used incorrectly and it can prevent you from realizing those dreams. Its something those on the right as well as those on the left fail to learn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga please ()
Date: November 25, 2022 06:33AM

Are you that dense NW? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is poor because he bought a townhouse meaning
> he's stuck paying HOA dues on top of his mortgage
> payment. He's poor because he and his wife ran up
> student loan debt and then made the minimum
> required payments after graduation. He's poor
> because he ran up credit card debt to finance fun
> and luxuries and is now paying 24% on the balance.
> He's poor because he and his wife bought new cars
> that they financed for 7 years rather than buying
> old cars that they could pay cash for or pay off
> in 3. Used carefully debt can be a way to
> leverage your dreams. Used incorrectly and it can
> prevent you from realizing those dreams. Its
> something those on the right as well as those on
> the left fail to learn.


nigga what got it.

You elaborated on the dumbass part. And because he blames Trump (or other people) for his miserable life, he's a libtard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Slam Walton ()
Date: November 25, 2022 06:47AM

Are you that dense NW? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He is poor because he bought a townhouse meaning
> he's stuck paying HOA dues on top of his mortgage
> payment. He's poor because he and his wife ran up
> student loan debt and then made the minimum
> required payments after graduation. He's poor
> because he ran up credit card debt to finance fun
> and luxuries and is now paying 24% on the balance.
> He's poor because he and his wife bought new cars
> that they financed for 7 years rather than buying
> old cars that they could pay cash for or pay off
> in 3. Used carefully debt can be a way to
> leverage your dreams. Used incorrectly and it can
> prevent you from realizing those dreams. Its
> something those on the right as well as those on
> the left fail to learn.

And you are stupid as shit because you respond to troll posts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: LoCo lover ()
Date: November 25, 2022 11:32AM

My dream is to live in Loudoun county. Ideally middleburg or Leesburg. I can’t afford it on my current income, but my New Year’s resolution is to get 2 or 3 more jobs just so I can save up enough for a down payment and the mortgage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: serious question ()
Date: November 25, 2022 02:05PM

LoCo lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My dream is to live in Loudoun county. Ideally
> middleburg or Leesburg. I can’t afford it on my
> current income, but my New Year’s resolution is
> to get 2 or 3 more jobs just so I can save up
> enough for a down payment and the mortgage.


Will you be voting red when you make the move?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: LoCo lover ()
Date: November 25, 2022 02:11PM

serious question Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LoCo lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My dream is to live in Loudoun county. Ideally
> > middleburg or Leesburg. I can’t afford it on
> my
> > current income, but my New Year’s resolution
> is
> > to get 2 or 3 more jobs just so I can save up
> > enough for a down payment and the mortgage.
>
>
> Will you be voting red when you make the move?

I don’t vote, but even if I did, it wouldn’t matter cause Loudoun is going blue. Whether you like it or not. I’m personally not political so it’s all the same to me. Fwiw, I would have voted for hung Cao, cause the name is funny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Mikey Muchbux ()
Date: November 25, 2022 06:05PM

LoCo lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> serious question Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > LoCo lover Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > My dream is to live in Loudoun county.
> Ideally
> > > middleburg or Leesburg. I can’t afford it
> on
> > my
> > > current income, but my New Year’s
> resolution
> > is
> > > to get 2 or 3 more jobs just so I can save up
> > > enough for a down payment and the mortgage.
> >
> >
> > Will you be voting red when you make the move?
>
> I don’t vote, but even if I did, it wouldn’t
> matter cause Loudoun is going blue. Whether you
> like it or not. I’m personally not political so
> it’s all the same to me. Fwiw, I would have
> voted for hung Cao, cause the name is funny.


People in Loudoun don't want you there. Hopefully the prices will keep pace ahead of you.

You say your dream is to live in Leesburg or Middleburg. Those places were built and became great because of great Americans called republicans. Libtards are slowly ruining those places. Take a look at where you are now and ask yourself why it's not your dream place, then look at who's been running it for decades.

But you're too dumb to understand that nice things come from those who work to build them, not people like you that show up to ruin it. Just like most libtards... once your place is incredibly fucked up, move somewhere nice and fuck that up too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Timmy trumptard ()
Date: November 25, 2022 06:27PM

Mikey Muchbux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LoCo lover Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > serious question Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > LoCo lover Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > My dream is to live in Loudoun county.
> > Ideally
> > > > middleburg or Leesburg. I can’t afford it
> > on
> > > my
> > > > current income, but my New Year’s
> > resolution
> > > is
> > > > to get 2 or 3 more jobs just so I can save
> up
> > > > enough for a down payment and the mortgage.
> > >
> > >
> > > Will you be voting red when you make the
> move?
> >
> > I don’t vote, but even if I did, it
> wouldn’t
> > matter cause Loudoun is going blue. Whether you
> > like it or not. I’m personally not political
> so
> > it’s all the same to me. Fwiw, I would have
> > voted for hung Cao, cause the name is funny.
>
>
> People in Loudoun don't want you there. Hopefully
> the prices will keep pace ahead of you.
>
> You say your dream is to live in Leesburg or
> Middleburg. Those places were built and became
> great because of great Americans called
> republicans. Libtards are slowly ruining those
> places. Take a look at where you are now and ask
> yourself why it's not your dream place, then look
> at who's been running it for decades.
>
> But you're too dumb to understand that nice things
> come from those who work to build them, not people
> like you that show up to ruin it. Just like most
> libtards... once your place is incredibly fucked
> up, move somewhere nice and fuck that up too.


This guy posted this screed from a trailer park in Stafford.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: Fabv ()
Date: November 26, 2022 02:26PM

We need to build more housing stock. If developers won’t do it, the government should create its own development company and build more itself. Build 10 story tall condominiums. And I don’t want to hear shit about there being not enough space. We just have to do a better job cramming everyone in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: November 26, 2022 07:58PM

I live in my mother’s basement and plan to stay there until she dies. Then I get the house and move upstairs. Hopefully, she continues to upgrade the furnace and other utilities so I won’t get stuck with the costs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: November 26, 2022 07:58PM

I live in my mother’s basement and plan to stay there until she dies. Then I get the house and move upstairs. Hopefully, she continues to upgrade the furnace and other utilities so I won’t get stuck with the costs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: November 26, 2022 07:58PM

I live in my mother’s basement and plan to stay there until she dies. Then I get the house and move upstairs. Hopefully, she continues to upgrade the furnace and other utilities so I won’t get stuck with the costs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: November 26, 2022 07:58PM

I live in my mother’s basement and plan to stay there until she dies. Then I get the house and move upstairs. Hopefully, she continues to upgrade the furnace and other utilities so I won’t get stuck with the costs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buyers now need a six-figure income just to afford a typical home in the US
Posted by: nigga what? ()
Date: November 26, 2022 07:58PM

I live in my mother’s basement and plan to stay there until she dies. Then I get the house and move upstairs. Hopefully, she continues to upgrade the furnace and other utilities so I won’t get stuck with the costs.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **      **  **     **   *******   ********   **     ** 
 **  **  **  ***   ***  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 **  **  **  **** ****  **         **     **  **     ** 
 **  **  **  ** *** **  ********   ********   ********* 
 **  **  **  **     **  **     **  **         **     ** 
 **  **  **  **     **  **     **  **         **     ** 
  ***  ***   **     **   *******   **         **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.