HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
MAGA US Capitol Attacker Who Assaulted Multiple Officers Goes on Trial Today, 11 Counts, 2 Bodily Injury
Posted by: Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up! ()
Date: August 16, 2022 04:21PM

The trial began Tuesday morning for Kyle Fitzsimons, a Maine man facing 11 federal charges for his violent role in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Fitzsimons, 38, of Lebanon, has been in jail since he was arrested in February. His charges include two counts of inflicting bodily injury on officers who were on duty at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and one count of using a dangerous or deadly weapon on an officer. He opted for a bench trial – before a judge, not a jury.

Federal prosecutors said during their opening statements Tuesday that Fitzsimons assaulted three specific officers and several others after charging a line of law enforcement officials who were trying to prevent the crowd from further entering the Capitol.

Fitzsimons pulled on one sergeant’s arm so hard that he injured that sergeant’s shoulder, and he later threw a pole-like object at another officer’s head that would have seriously injured her if she hadn’t been wearing a helmet.

The first witness Tuesday was a police detective for the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia on Jan. 6, part of a special response team that was helping Capitol police that afternoon. He told U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras that Fitzsimons pulled back his gas mask while another demonstrator sprayed his face with what he thought was bear spray. Fitzsimons then released the gas mask, the detective testified, choking him.

“In my head, I thought that was it for me,” the former detective – now a sergeant – testified. He said he was on the ground after he was sprayed, struggling to break open his sealed gas mask while other officers helped pull him up. “In my head, I was thinking about my family. … In my head, I was telling myself, ‘If you want to see your family again, you need to gather yourself.'”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MAGA US Capitol Attacker Who Assaulted Multiple Officers Goes on Trial Today, 11 Counts, 2 Bodily Injury
Posted by: We Hang Traitors! ()
Date: August 17, 2022 09:56AM

HE'LL GET AT LEAST 5 YEARS IN POUND ME IN THE ASS PRISON.

Re: MAGA US Capitol Attacker Who Assaulted Multiple Officers Goes on Trial Today, 11 Counts, 2 Bodily Injury
Date: August 17, 2022 12:34PM

I'm going to be posting more Trumptard nigger ass raping stuff today because my nigger bull got monkeypox and will not be servicing me today.

Posted by: Shit is Getting Real 4 Trumpers ()
Date: August 17, 2022 01:40PM

Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to be posting more Trumptard nigger ass
> raping stuff today because my nigger bull got
> monkeypox and will not be servicing me today.

You make no sense at all.

Date: August 17, 2022 01:43PM

They are calling all the police officers that Kyle assaulted today.

The trial’s ninth witness is Capitol Police Sargent Aquilino Gonel, one of the officers Fitzsimons allegedly assaulted. Gonel talked to CNN last year about his ordeal on January 6.

“I got hurt,” Gonel said. “They kept saying, ‘Trump sent me. We are here to take over the Capitol. We are here to hang Mike Pence.”

Posted by: 4th Witness Identifies Kyle ()
Date: August 17, 2022 03:39PM

The trial’s fourth witness is another Lebanon resident and former local government planning board member, Bette Harris-Howard, who testified she reported Fitzsimons to the FBI after hearing on the news about the agency’s request for the public’s help in identifying people who had participated in the insurrection.. Harris-Howard had attended the town’s Board of Selectman meeting on January 7, 2021, the day after the riot, when Fitzsimons called in and gave a debrief of the Trump rally. “I couldn’t imagine a more peaceful revolution,” the court heard Fitzsimons tell the selectmen. "The march was, in my belief, was supposed to demonstrate that Trump, a lion, was leading an army of lambs to change the corrupt fraud that had been perpetuated," he continued. “This is a great game being played, and I know for a fact I was a pawn.”

Date: August 17, 2022 04:34PM

This guy is going to get his butt kicked by a jury. Using the flag like sword to stab officers protecting Congress.

Posted by: Idiots Recorded themselves ()
Date: August 18, 2022 09:42AM

We Hang Traitors! Wrote:
> This guy is going to get his butt kicked by a
> jury. Using the flag like sword to stab officers
> protecting Congress.

Jury trials have all ended in convictions. These idiots video taped themselves doing the crimes.

Not only did a lot of them video themselves committing the crimes, they posted the videos on social media.

Posted by: Video of Kyle ()
Date: August 18, 2022 11:13AM

Here's the video of Kyle Fitzsimmons attacking the police and a voicemail threatening one of the senators.

Kyle says he won't go forward with his life if the election isn't stopped.

Video of Kyle on his peace religious experience
https://youtu.be/WQsmfKkBBlw

Posted by: Closing Arguments 10:30am Friday ()
Date: August 18, 2022 04:42PM

Closing arguments were supposed to begin now, but Judge Contreras just announced that won’t happen, because the U.S. Marshalls need to transport Fitzsimons back to the federal jail by 5:30 p.m. Closing arguments will occur at 10:30 a.m. Friday.

4:10pm

The defendant, Kyle Fitzsimons, will not testify at his trial. Judge Contreras asked him if this was his decision made knowingly, willingly, and in consultation with counsel?

Date: August 19, 2022 10:22AM

Closing arguments at 10:30am today. I bet Kyle gets the maximum sentence.

Date: August 19, 2022 01:22PM

Following his retreat from his confrontation with Gonell, police body camera and surveillance videos in evidence show Fitzsimons twice returning to fight with officers. All of his alleged violent interactions with law enforcement lasted around four minutes, according to time-stamps on the videos. “The reign of terror he unleashed over four minutes is remarkable,” Gordon said. “In that time, he committed five separate assaults on law enforcement.”

Gordon said the gash Fitzsimons received on his head did not come from a baton swipe by law enforcement but from crutches being wielded by another rioter. Describing the subsequent images of Fitzsimons wandering on the western terrace afterward, with his head bloodied, Gordon said he looked “maniacal, ecstatic, animalistic…blood thirty…eager for more violence.”

Gordon said “The defendant thinks he was a hero on January 6th. He’s no hero.”

Live blog - https://www.wmtw.com/article/live-closing-arguments-day-four-fitzsimons-trial/40941582

Date: August 19, 2022 01:24PM

AUSA Gordon argues prosecutors have proven all 11 counts against Fitzsimons – civil disorder, obstructing an official proceeding, occupying restricted grounds, engaging in disruptive conduct on restricted grounds, engaging physical violence on restricted grounds, disorderly conduct, committing acts of violence, and four counts of assaulting officers.

Advertisement
Even though the Electoral Count had been halted about 90 minutes prior to Fitzsimons’ encounters with officers shortly after 4:00 p.m., Gordon said, “The defendant extended the delay.”

Gordon said Fitzsimons’ “menacing” voicemails to Maine Congressman Jared Golden, asking him to object to the election results, revealed that Fitzsimons considered certification of the Electoral College vote “as something being done to him.”

Leaving the grounds with blood running down his face, Fitzsimons is seen and heard in YouTube video played by the prosecutor introducing himself to others in the crowd and saying, “Get in there.” Gordon said, “He wants others to do what he did.”

Summarizing his argument, Gordon said on January 6, “Chaos reigned on the United States Capitol for six hours” with rioters and police engaged in “hand to hand combat.” “The peaceful transfer of power could not take place, just as the defendant wanted,” Gordon said. “He’s proud of what the mob did.”

“He wanted the world to know his name. Now we do.” Gordon said. “The defendant was a leader by example of the violence on January 6th.”

Posted by: sad libtards ()
Date: August 19, 2022 01:34PM

The obsession is hilarious. Where are those Trump charges?

Posted by: Trump Presidency Was Worst ()
Date: August 19, 2022 02:23PM

sad libtards Wrote:
> The obsession is hilarious. Where are those Trump
> charges?

Can't wait to hear how many years this MAGA guy is going to get!

Let's Go Brandon! LMAO!

Posted by: WOW, Guilty of Assault No Contac ()
Date: August 19, 2022 02:27PM

WASHINGTON, D.C., D.C —
1:45 p.m. -- In a 25-minute rebuttal, AUSA Gordon argues Fitzsimons can be found guilty of the assault counts based on the effects of his actions, not the intent, because interfering with law enforcement officers’ official duties is a crime.

He also argued Fitzsimons can be found guilty of the assault charges even if there was no physical contact with the officers – if his reason for fighting with the officers enabled his committing another felony, such as civil disorder, the first count of the indictment.

“There was nothing peaceable about the defendant’s actions,” Gordon said.

As for the bloody photo, he said, “If the photo demonizes him, it’s because that’s how he looked.”

Posted by: Verdict in One Week ()
Date: August 22, 2022 10:04AM

“It was invented 16 months later after poring over video in slow motion in preparation for this trial,” he said.

Gordon ended his closing arguments Friday by pushing back on Fitzsimons’ notion that he was a peaceful protester simply seeking a constitutionally protected redress of grievances on Jan. 6.

“We have words in our language for people who use violence for political ends,” Gordon said. “In some we call them fanatics, extremists. In others, we call them guerillas or insurrectionists. And some might call them terrorists. But we never call them patriots.”

U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras, who presided over the case, ordered both the government and Taylor-Smith to brief him on their positions on the defense of a third party argument by next Friday, along with a separate briefing relating to the authentication of open source videos submitted by the government. Contreras said he intended to issue a ruling on the case by Labor Day after reviewing those briefings. While awaiting his verdict, Fitzsimons will remain in pretrial detention

Posted by: Butt Hurt for 7 Years ()
Date: August 22, 2022 11:26AM

Sounds like the judge is going to throw the book at Kyle and sentence him to at least 7 years in prison.

Date: August 22, 2022 11:47AM

I just nutted reading this and looking at a pic on my phone of my poor nigger bull. Can anyone send me some chocolate cock today? I'll pay top dollar.

Date: August 23, 2022 10:52AM

Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up! Wrote:
> I just nutted reading this and looking at a pic on
> my phone of my poor nigger bull. Can anyone send
> me some chocolate cock today? I'll pay top
> dollar.

Very nice.

It is cool seeing the diehard Trump supporters getting locked up for years in prison.

Just goes to show when you associate with Trump you end up in arrested and in jail.

It's only a matter of time before Trump goes to jail. Trump can't payoff the DOJ like he did all his teenage rape victims.

Posted by: 0biyo ()
Date: August 23, 2022 06:22PM

Posted by: Trump Swamp Losers ()
Date: August 23, 2022 09:49PM

Waiting until next for finally decision.

Date: August 23, 2022 09:58PM

Is the verdict in yet? Because I've got the verdict on this pole going in my ass right now. I am GUILTY of FUCKING LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
Fag love.jpg

Posted by: Reds ()
Date: August 24, 2022 09:44AM

Some Trumptard sure is butthurt.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.