HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Date: August 08, 2010 03:13PM

Conservatives think this is a testimony to how far Obama has fallen. I think it is testimony about how far the Boy Scouts have fallen in terms of teaching character to young men. You don't have to agree to be respectful.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: ummm, okay ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:22PM

hey idiot,

A) were you ever actually in Boy Scouts, and

B) do you like eggbread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:31PM

Well, if you think a racist coward who schmoozed his way into office on a racist platform, deception, and using and organisation (ACORN) to commit voter fraud deserves any 'respect' in any arena, then fuck you, and the Boy Scouts of America give you an overwhelming BOOOOOOOOOOO! likewise.

I just give ya a big, FUCK YOU!

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: .Jerry.Rubin ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:39PM

Right on Boy Scouts!!! Obama can't tell them what to do.:) He hates
Boy Scouts because they do not want pedophiles as adult leaders or girlyboys
in their ranks. I hope they demonstrate in front of the White House.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:42PM

undoubtedly we have have some boy scout leaders here....

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:46PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> undoubtedly we have have some boy scout leaders
> here....


I cant wait until the next presidential election....I think a lot of the racist comments and attitudes will really fly then....we'll see how all these angry white people like being a minority.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Don't speak for all ()
Date: August 08, 2010 04:02PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Conservatives think this is a testimony to how far
> Obama has fallen. I think it is testimony about
> how far the Boy Scouts have fallen in terms of
> teaching character to young men. You don't have to
> agree to be respectful.

I'm conservative and my children are respective to all adults. No, I don't think it's ok but it happens, same as idiot parents, who start brawls at the little league games. The great divide goes on........by grouping all people by what a few do.

>

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: .Jerry.Rubin ()
Date: August 08, 2010 04:06PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > undoubtedly we have have some boy scout leaders
> > here....
>
>
> I cant wait until the next presidential
> election....I think a lot of the racist comments
> and attitudes will really fly then....we'll see
> how all these angry white people like being a
> minority.

What's the matter Vince? Wouldn't your mommy let you be a Boy Scout
or is it because you flunked your Tenderfoot test?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Date: August 08, 2010 04:25PM

Don't speak for all Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
>
> I'm conservative and my children are respective to
> all adults. No, I don't think it's ok but it
> happens, same as idiot parents, who start brawls
> at the little league games. The great divide goes
> on........by grouping all people by what a few
> do.
>
> >

It was more than a few and obviously from the clip the adults were encouraging the behavior, not discouraging it. As for me, I didn't participate in Boy Scouts, but my kids have. I think this behavior is disgraceful and I appreciate the fact nobody in my kids troop would have encouraged this kind of behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: no dems ()
Date: August 08, 2010 06:06PM

Will exit office with the lowest popuarity rating of any modern President. Hope he and the Mrs are enjoying their many taxpayer subsidized vacations while the rest of us just try to make ends meet. Didnt work too well for leaders a long time ago who lived high on the hog while the working class suffered. Tea party flag going up this week, enough is enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: August 08, 2010 06:35PM

He'd better get busy then:

(CBS) President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.


Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

The rating is far below the final ratings of recent two-term presidents Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, who both ended their terms with a 68 percent approval rating, according to CBS News polling.

Recent one term presidents also had higher ratings than Mr. Bush. His father George H.W. Bush had an end-of-term rating of 54 percent, while Jimmy Carter's rating was 44 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/16/opinion/polls/main4728399.shtml

no dems Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will exit office with the lowest popuarity rating
> of any modern President.
Attachments:
images.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: August 08, 2010 06:44PM

It looks like the next generation of gay men is going to be even more disrespectful than today's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: August 08, 2010 06:47PM

Also, the boy scouts are bullshit:


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 08, 2010 07:55PM

I don't see what's wrong with the Boy Scouts not wanting to have fruit cakes leading the boys. First of all, it represents an obvious issue with professional relationships (It's why women lead Girl Scouts, and men lead Boy Scouts). Second, most of the scout Troop meetings are held in churches, because the churches offer the appropriate meeting places for free. Some Troops also meet at schools, but many meet at churches, and therefore their association with religion is inseparable.

As for the "No Sex Before Marriage" idea at the end, that's espoused in every Middle-Eastern religion, it's not limited to the Mormons (Now THAT is a purely bullshit notion via Penn).

WTL, I was in scouting as a kid, and I learned a great deal doing it. Our best Troop leader (In Boy Scouts, not Cub Scouts) was an Army Ranger, and a great deal of the fathers were military/agency personnel. I can tell you that not only did I learn a lot, but I made quite a few great friends in the process. We did everything from hiking with heavy packs for miles on end in the beach sand/marsh, to shooting, caving, mountain climbing, mountain biking, whitewater canoeing, camping, coral reef sailing/diving, you name it (Lol, I remember being up at Valley Forge on one trip, and it was pouring down rain when we arrived. I managed to set up my whole tent in about a minute flat. Then, the next two nights we had snow and freezing cold, yet it was one of my favorite trips). I was also at a base camp in SW VA when we had a flood one year, and we ended up walking through mud that was up to our knees. The National Guard had to fly in extra blankets from a nearby prison, but that was one hell of an adventure (I was a Cub Scout then). I remember arriving home one week later completely caked in mud, looking like I'd just come out of SERE training.

What I also remember most of all, is that scouting taught me how to fully respect the flag, how to properly maintain it, and how to perform ceremonial duties.

Yeah, and if any of us had boo'd at something like this, we'd be scolded for it. Our Troop would've never tolerated this behavior.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 11:13AM

.Jerry.Rubin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vince(1) Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > undoubtedly we have have some boy scout
> leaders
> > > here....
> >
> >
> > I cant wait until the next presidential
> > election....I think a lot of the racist
> comments
> > and attitudes will really fly then....we'll see
> > how all these angry white people like being a
> > minority.
>
> What's the matter Vince? Wouldn't your mommy let
> you be a Boy Scout
> or is it because you flunked your Tenderfoot test?

He can barely rub one out, let alone rub two sticks together. And that was after they had to rescue him from the "stick" bugs.

You notice how his common retort is his old "whites in the minority" shtick? He has nothing else of any import to say, so he just throws out his usual, baseless assertion to try and act like this somehow gives him the last word. Of course, (R)V will be dead by then, so he will never get to see his dream fulfilled. Yeah (R)V - you are pretty much worthless otherwise.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 09, 2010 11:28AM

The Obama Youth are going to kick their asses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 11:30AM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Obama Youth are going to kick their asses.

Looks like the Boy Scouts need to introduce new badges in hand guns, rifles and other heavy weapons expertise... :)

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: August 09, 2010 11:53AM

What's funny is that the Boy Scouts constantly preach "self reliance", yet they only accept kids that rely entirely on the invisible man in the sky. Meanwhile, atheist kids, that actually DO rely on themselves are taboo.

I have no problem with kids wanting to learn outdoor survival skills and CPR, but not through some Mormon (or any other religion) associated nut squad. Seems more like Hitler Youth than anything else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:04PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's funny is that the Boy Scouts constantly
> preach "self reliance", yet they only accept kids
> that rely entirely on the invisible man in the
> sky. Meanwhile, atheist kids, that actually DO
> rely on themselves are taboo.
>
> I have no problem with kids wanting to learn
> outdoor survival skills and CPR, but not through
> some Mormon (or any other religion) associated nut
> squad. Seems more like Hitler Youth than anything
> else.

BS - they say the Pledge of Allegiance, and generally hold a prayer before meals. Other than that there is very little ultra religious about the Boy Scouts. These folks learn respect for the flag and country, as well as other skills. Most of the kids just enjoy getting out and competing with the other kids, learning new stuff, or just going camping with the other kids. There will always be some faction in a large group that will choose to boo someone who has a low popularity rating - what, all those Muslim youth groups made it important to boo Bush all the time?

Please, quit overstating the problem.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:12PM

Yes, but they ban atheists and homosexuals. They are a bigoted organization and should not receive sweetheart deals from the government.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: .Jerry.Rubin ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:14PM

When I was a Boy Scout, a long time ago, our troop was sponsored by
the local American Legion post. Most all of our dads were WWII vets
who taught us all the things we needed and then some. They taught
us how to march military style and when we participated in the
Memorial Day parades, we stood out amongst the rest. Nothing like
an ex-Marine Gunnery Sergeant to get you going. When we camped, we
roughed it. None of those faggoty places where they had indoor toilets
and showers. We also went hunting and fishing and even learned to
make traps for animals. Funny thing. Of all the kids I remember from
that Troop, 75% of us wound up in the military and Vietnam. Many of
them are now members of the American Legion post that sponsored us
as Boy Scouts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:16PM

Eastsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, but they ban atheists and homosexuals. They
> are a bigoted organization and should not receive
> sweetheart deals from the government.

Sorry, but don't you think it is best to avoid a potential problem? Not allowing openly gay men to be leaders is a better safe than sorry issue. Just look a the Catholic Church with their issues and that is enough said on that. As far as atheists go, please show some examples of that - I have never heard of them banning atheists - sounds like a boogeyman to me.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:20PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> BS - they say the Pledge of Allegiance, and
> generally hold a prayer before meals. Other than
> that there is very little ultra religious about
> the Boy Scouts.


Which God do they pray to? Let me guess, the christian one? Why is God needed for the Boy Scouts? What would be hurt if they did away with the prayer and other mentions of God? Will they no longer function?



> These folks learn respect for the
> flag and country, as well as other skills. Most of
> the kids just enjoy getting out and competing with
> the other kids, learning new stuff, or just going
> camping with the other kids.

Like I said, I have no problem with that part. I was a nature boy myself and still am.


> There will always be
> some faction in a large group that will choose to
> boo someone who has a low popularity rating -
> what, all those Muslim youth groups made it
> important to boo Bush all the time?


LOL! Do you really believe these kids care or know ANYTHING about politics? They're simply echoing their parents views and probably those of the scoutmaster.
If they're really supposed to be learning about the flag and country, they should learn to be more respectful of their commander in chief, no matter who it is.


> Please, quit overstating the problem.

Just stating my $.02. I'm not overstating anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:22PM

homosexuality has no place in the scouts

7.24.08-uglytoes4.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:22PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eastsider Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, but they ban atheists and homosexuals.
> They
> > are a bigoted organization and should not
> receive
> > sweetheart deals from the government.
>
> Sorry, but don't you think it is best to avoid a
> potential problem? Not allowing openly gay men to
> be leaders is a better safe than sorry issue. Just
> look a the Catholic Church with their issues and
> that is enough said on that. As far as atheists
> go, please show some examples of that - I have
> never heard of them banning atheists - sounds like
> a boogeyman to me.


Potential problem? Is there a potential problem every time a heterosexual man is left alone with an adult or child female? Thats ceretainly what many muslim males think. The implication that homosexual men are more inclined to perform some sexual crime is ridiculous. And the Catholic Church reference is classic...you sound just like the Bishops...the problem isnt an archaic inhuman policy of celeabcy...it's the homosexuals. I bet the numbers of young ladies abused by priests is just about the same as oung men....the only differnce...they're still hiding the instances of male-female contact like they did for years on the young boy problem.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:29PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Potential problem? Is there a potential problem
> every time a heterosexual man is left alone with
> an adult or child female? Thats ceretainly what
> many muslim males think. The implication that
> homosexual men are more inclined to perform some
> sexual crime is ridiculous. And the Catholic
> Church reference is classic...you sound just like
> the Bishops...the problem isnt an archaic inhuman
> policy of celeabcy...it's the homosexuals. I bet
> the numbers of young ladies abused by priests is
> just about the same as oung men....the only
> differnce...they're still hiding the instances of
> male-female contact like they did for years on the
> young boy problem.

Male-male contact seems to be a societal problem eh?

What, you have some issue with the church promoting celibacy? The priests are supposed to take no other vows before God I believe - at least that is my understanding. The fact is, the Church should expel these folks as priests when they go off and decide to fondle kids, whether they are male or female. The fact that they don't is part of their problem. Now, how does that affect the other billion Christians out there who don't have to practice celibacy? Or the atheists who abuse kids as well? Did you have some valid point to make? Yeah, didn't think so, you just wanted to troll yet another thread.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:32PM

What the hell do the Boy Scouts do anyway? They do shit to make kids any better. I have yet to meet a General or corporate executive, firefighter, policeman, millionaire, etc. that thanked the Boy Scouts for making them the person they are today.

Blessed are the murderous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:41PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What the hell do the Boy Scouts do anyway? They do
> shit to make kids any better. I have yet to meet a
> General or corporate executive, firefighter,
> policeman, millionaire, etc. that thanked the Boy
> Scouts for making them the person they are today.


Well eesh, here's your chance - make your Eesh Scout's or Eesh Club or whatever and show the world just how you would do it.

Toddler thanks firefighters who saved his life after near-drowning
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/toddler-thanks-firefighters-who-saved-his-life-after-near-drowning
She tried to do CPR but admits she didn’t really know how.

When she couldn’t find her phone to call for help, she took her grandson across the street to a neighbor who is a Boy Scout troop leader, knowing he would know CPR.

Firefighters from engine number 12 were by Jayson’s side within two minutes of receiving the 911 call and took over CPR and prepped him to go to the hospital.


Boy Scout creates refuge for Moss Bluff firefighters
http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/mossbluff/x1759785829/Boy-Scout-creates-refuge-for-Moss-Bluff-firefighters
Billy has been working on his requirements to become an Eagle Scout, the highest rank obtainable in the Boys Scouts of America program. To become an Eagle Scout, he was required to earn 21 badges (12 required and the remaining his choice), hold a leadership position for six months, and work on a community project, leading and planning it.

"The main thing is the project," said Billy of the requirements.
And he wanted to do something for remembrance.

"I wanted to do some kind of memorial," he said.

Initially, he thought about doing a soldier memorial but location was a problem. So, he considered one for firemen, feeling that they did not get enough appreciation. Therefore, the garden idea for the Ward One Fire Station was chosen for his project.

Billy was able to obtain donations from local businesses. From Misty Waters Nursery in Gillis, he received the mulch, dirt, fireman statue and plants. Diamond Lumber in Moss Bluff donated the lumber that he, his father, and some of his fellow scouts were able to cut and put together for benches. Home Depot contributed half of the cost of bolts and wood for landscape. And, most importantly, there was the dedication of 39 volunteers who logged in over 206 man hours helping Billy put together the garden on Saturday.


Firefighter rappels down O'Hara hillside, carries boy up to safety
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynewsdispatch/s_678008.html
...The rescue was a case of young boys and misadventure on a sunny spring day, according to Quentin's grandparents, Arlene and John Rakar, who were at the boy's home on White Gate Road in O'Hara.

"Thank God they were coming up, not going down that ravine," the couple said.

"Their Boy Scout training came in handy," they added....


etc....

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:48PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well eesh, here's your chance - make your Eesh
> Scout's or Eesh Club or whatever and show the
> world just how you would do it.

Attachments:
eeshclub.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:49PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but don't you think it is best to avoid a
> potential problem? Not allowing openly gay men to
> be leaders is a better safe than sorry issue. Just
> look a the Catholic Church with their issues and
> that is enough said on that. As far as atheists
> go, please show some examples of that - I have
> never heard of them banning atheists - sounds like
> a boogeyman to me.


Gays are not automatically child molesters and neither are priests and it is frankly very bigoted to insinuate that. As for atheists, the Boy Scouts have indeed thrown out atheist children and atheist scoutmasters. No doubt these people were trying to prove a point for attention to their terrible plight and could have continued quietly going about their business and not bringing up their non-belief in God but it has happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:51PM

It's cute how much energy you put into arguing that the Boy Scouts are not useless, like I had said.


Try to find me an executive biography or a military leader or some successful person that thanked the Boy Scouts for making him the person he is. What to they do to aid in the development of some kid? NOTHING.

Blessed are the murderous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 12:52PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry, but don't you think it is best to avoid
> a
> > potential problem? Not allowing openly gay men
> to
> > be leaders is a better safe than sorry issue.
> Just
> > look a the Catholic Church with their issues
> and
> > that is enough said on that. As far as atheists
> > go, please show some examples of that - I have
> > never heard of them banning atheists - sounds
> like
> > a boogeyman to me.
>
>
> Gays are not automatically child molesters and
> neither are priests and it is frankly very bigoted
> to insinuate that. As for atheists, the Boy Scouts
> have indeed thrown out atheist children and
> atheist scoutmasters. No doubt these people were
> trying to prove a point for attention to their
> terrible plight and could have continued quietly
> going about their business and not bringing up
> their non-belief in God but it has happened.




You can't expect much from someone that wanted Palin in the White House.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:17PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry, but don't you think it is best to avoid
> a
> > potential problem? Not allowing openly gay men
> to
> > be leaders is a better safe than sorry issue.
> Just
> > look a the Catholic Church with their issues
> and
> > that is enough said on that. As far as atheists
> > go, please show some examples of that - I have
> > never heard of them banning atheists - sounds
> like
> > a boogeyman to me.
>
>
> Gays are not automatically child molesters and
> neither are priests and it is frankly very bigoted
> to insinuate that. As for atheists, the Boy Scouts
> have indeed thrown out atheist children and
> atheist scoutmasters. No doubt these people were
> trying to prove a point for attention to their
> terrible plight and could have continued quietly
> going about their business and not bringing up
> their non-belief in God but it has happened.

Here's a good discussion on a blog about the issue - the person writing the blog was an agnostic/atheist that made Eagle Scout.

The Fired Atheist
http://blog.thehumanist.com/?p=1524

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: OnMyHonor ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:17PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's cute how much energy you put into arguing
> that the Boy Scouts are not useless, like I had
> said.
>
>
> Try to find me an executive biography or a
> military leader or some successful person that
> thanked the Boy Scouts for making him the person
> he is. What to they do to aid in the development
> of some kid? NOTHING.

Whooops! Don't go off prematurely.

http://sne.tripod.com/famous.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:22PM

OK......did they claim that the Boy Scouts made their drive to success? That Tripod site is like making a list of all the people that are Catholics and claiming that the Catholic Church made them who they are today.

The Boy Scouts do nothing, they are a redundant organization. What do they teach? How to get merit badges? How to tie a knot? YAWN.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 01:23PM by eesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:24PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Here's a good discussion on a blog about the issue
> - the person writing the blog was an
> agnostic/atheist that made Eagle Scout.
>





Blogs are a real credible source there RV.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:28PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> You can't expect much from someone that wanted
> Palin in the White House.

Wow, what a great point eesh. You are a stupid fucknut sometimes.

Let's be clear - I wanted McCain in the Whitehouse. You obviously are one of the fixated few on the Palin effect. You are a prime example of the "stupid people" in this country who will decide what they want to believe and just keep repeating the lie in the hopes that it will be true one day. You have made comments like that regarding my beliefs on gays, Palin and a number of other points. Do you just find it easier to always lie? That seems to be your usual when you don't have anything else to say.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:33PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Here's a good discussion on a blog about the
> issue
> > - the person writing the blog was an
> > agnostic/atheist that made Eagle Scout.
> >
>
> Blogs are a real credible source there RV.

Read much? I referenced as a good discussion of the issue. Yes, it appears they will not allow you to get your Eagle Scout if you profess to be an atheist. The discussion in question revolved around the fact that a guy was let go as a counselor because he openly professed his atheism as some kind of taunt to the Scouts who then had no choice but to let him go.

I believe most of the move for the Scouts going more "religious" so to speak was the was that was being waged on them by other groups because they didn't support gays. Prior to that there was little discussion of religion with the Scouts - and as the writer pointed out, the most over religion was generally the fact that they said prayers before meals. Wow, that is so over the top huh?

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: OMH ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:34PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK......did they claim that the Boy Scouts made
> their drive to success? That Tripod site is like
> making a list of all the people that are Catholics
> and claiming that the Catholic Church made them
> who they are today.
>
> The Boy Scouts do nothing, they are a redundant
> organization. What do they teach? How to get merit
> badges? How to tie a knot? YAWN.

If you had read the list you will note some personal statements.
Obviously you are not familiar with the programs they teach.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:36PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Johnny Walker Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > You can't expect much from someone that wanted
> > Palin in the White House.
>
> Wow, what a great point eesh. You are a stupid
> fucknut sometimes.
>
> Let's be clear - I wanted McCain in the
> Whitehouse. You obviously are one of the fixated
> few on the Palin effect. You are a prime example
> of the "stupid people" in this country who will
> decide what they want to believe and just keep
> repeating the lie in the hopes that it will be
> true one day. You have made comments like that
> regarding my beliefs on gays, Palin and a number
> of other points. Do you just find it easier to
> always lie? That seems to be your usual when you
> don't have anything else to say.




Having driven Vince off a cliff, RV looks for a new victim.

You have defended Palin with great zeal since you returned from your FFXU hiatus, and as far as "beliefs on gays", I'm not going to argue on the internet with Pastor Fred Phelps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:38PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Gays are not automatically child molesters and
> neither are priests and it is frankly very bigoted
> to insinuate that. As for atheists, the Boy Scouts
> have indeed thrown out atheist children and
> atheist scoutmasters. No doubt these people were
> trying to prove a point for attention to their
> terrible plight and could have continued quietly
> going about their business and not bringing up
> their non-belief in God but it has happened.

My point was, with all the gay bashing on Catholic Priests by folks here and elsewhere, it makes perfect sense that an organization like the Scouts would kick them out so they don't have more stories of where some Scout Master molested all his charges (seems the you would most likely be "gay" if you were a male and molested young boys huh?). The Catholic Church would have been better off doing that as well instead of trying to hide the problem. Does it mean all gays are going to molest kids? No - my point was very clearly taking to folks that molest kids whether they are heterosexual or not. But since they Boy Scouts are ALL boys - it really wouldn't make sense to ban lesbians huh? The Catholic Church similarly didn't have a lot of female altar "boys" for quite a while so I doubt there was much issue there in the past.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Capt. Obvious ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:38PM

Numbers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which God do they pray to? Let me guess, the
> christian one?

http://www.jewishscouting.org/

http://www.islamicscouting.org/

Guess you guessed wrong.

> Why is God needed for the Boy
> Scouts? What would be hurt if they did away with
> the prayer and other mentions of God? Will they no
> longer function?

What's it to you. It is a private organization and can set its own standards. Ever hear of freedom of association?


> Like I said, I have no problem with that part. I
> was a nature boy myself and still am.
> LOL! Do you really believe these kids care or know
> ANYTHING about politics? They're simply echoing
> their parents views and probably those of the
> scoutmaster.

Most likely, but you could have some older scouts who are pretty politically astute.

> If they're really supposed to be learning about
> the flag and country, they should learn to be more
> respectful of their commander in chief, no matter
> who it is.

Agreed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:40PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having driven Vince off a cliff, RV looks for a
> new victim.

You seem to be the only one with a stick up your ass today eesh. Seems like you are looking for someone else to argue with since Eli and Inka aren't around. As usual, you want to point the finger at me, and forget the other 3 pointing back at yourself.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:46PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's cute how much energy you put into arguing
> that the Boy Scouts are not useless, like I had
> said.
>
>
> Try to find me an executive biography or a
> military leader or some successful person that
> thanked the Boy Scouts for making him the person
> he is. What to they do to aid in the development
> of some kid? NOTHING.

Perhaps you should put up your own proof of your opinion. I merely pointed out examples where folks credited either the boy scouts or someone trained by the boy scouts as being helpful to them. What, did you get kicked out or something? Seems like you have a larger issue here.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:51PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What,
> did you get kicked out or something? Seems like
> you have a larger issue here.




No, funny you should ask that. I was going to ask your involvement with the Boy Scouts since you want to energetically defend them. I can see you in some Scout Master outfit teaching kids about the dangers of liberals and homosexuals that want to molest little boys.

I simply dislike organizations that serve as indoctrination for small children.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 01:58PM

Chuck Norris
White House vs. Boy Scouts
http://townhall.com/columnists/ChuckNorris/2010/06/22/white_house_vs_boy_scouts/page/full
...I couldn't agree more with Bob Gates, former director of the CIA, when he explained: "I think that American leadership is vital to peace and prosperity and the advancement of democracy in the world, and that requires having strong leaders. And I don't think there's any organization in the world, certainly not in the United States, that better prepares young men for leadership in this country than the Boy Scouts of America -- in teaching leadership skills, in teaching values, in teaching importance of standing up for what's right."
...


White House vs. Boy Scouts, Part 2
http://townhall.com/columnists/ChuckNorris/2010/06/29/white_house_vs_boy_scouts,_part_2/page/full
... New York is not the only city in which the BSA is feeling some backlash. Since 1928, the BSA in Philadelphia has been housed in a government building rent-free. The city of Philadelphia decided to revoke this special privilege because, officials said, BSA's national policy banning gays violates the city's nondiscrimination policies. (Last week, a Philadelphia jury ruled in favor of the Boy Scouts, meaning they will not be evicted from their home or forced to pay rent, at least for now.)

One 1991 BSA position statement states: "We believe that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the requirement in the Scout Oath that a Scout be morally straight and in the Scout Law that a Scout be clean in word and deed, and that homosexuals do not provide a desirable role model for Scouts."

Wouldn't you think that with all of the cultural hot water the BSA is in in our courts and the public square, the honorary president of the organization might defend its First Amendment rights to assemble and believe as it has for 100 years?

On the other hand, it's interesting to note that atheist leaders of the Secular Student Alliance recently were bragging on their website that for the first time, they were invited to the White House to participate in a meeting on interfaith service projects on college campuses. The meeting was sponsored by the Obama administration's Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships. ...


Chuck Norris with a good history of Presidents and the Scouts.
White House vs. Boy Scouts, Part 3
http://townhall.com/columnists/ChuckNorris/2010/07/06/white_house_vs_boy_scouts,_part_3/page/full

White House vs. Boy Scouts, Part 4
http://townhall.com/columnists/ChuckNorris/2010/07/13/white_house_vs_boy_scouts,_part_4/page/full

But yeah, the Boy Scouts should not have booed Obama...

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:00PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> No, funny you should ask that. I was going to ask
> your involvement with the Boy Scouts since you
> want to energetically defend them. I can see you
> in some Scout Master outfit teaching kids about
> the dangers of liberals and homosexuals that want
> to molest little boys.
>
> I simply dislike organizations that serve as
> indoctrination for small children.

Nope - I was a scout for a couple of years when I was a kid, but wasn't much into camping and such. I liked hiking, just not the whole camping out experience. Of course, this was back before home PCs existed so I can't claim that I was a computer geek either.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Capt. Obvious ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:04PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Try to find me an executive biography or a
> military leader or some successful person that
> thanked the Boy Scouts for making him the person
> he is.




Also read any bio of Norm Augustine (if you know who he is). They all mention his association with scouting. He was even head of the organization.

Any member of Congress who attained eagle will mention it in their bio as well.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2010 02:05PM by Capt. Obvious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Date: August 09, 2010 02:08PM

Capt. Obvious Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Try to find me an executive biography or a
> > military leader or some successful person that
> > thanked the Boy Scouts for making him the
> person
> > he is.
>
>
>
>

Here's a couple of successful Eagle Scouts...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Gary_Bishop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edward_Robinson_%28serial_killer%29

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:10PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My point was, with all the gay bashing on Catholic
> Priests by folks here and elsewhere, it makes
> perfect sense that an organization like the Scouts
> would kick them out so they don't have more
> stories of where some Scout Master molested all
> his charges (seems the you would most likely be
> "gay" if you were a male and molested young boys
> huh?). The Catholic Church would have been better
> off doing that as well instead of trying to hide
> the problem. Does it mean all gays are going to
> molest kids? No - my point was very clearly taking
> to folks that molest kids whether they are
> heterosexual or not. But since they Boy Scouts are
> ALL boys - it really wouldn't make sense to ban
> lesbians huh? The Catholic Church similarly didn't
> have a lot of female altar "boys" for quite a
> while so I doubt there was much issue there in the
> past.

Even if your logic was sound and you have to be gay, and openly so since you could just lie to the Scouts if you wanted to, to molest young boys, that is not the reason they aren't allowed in the organization. They are not allowed in the Scouts because they believe their lifestyle is morally wrong. You may think that's their right, but it is what it is, and that is discrimination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:11PM

Capt. Obvious Wrote:
--------------------------
>
> Also read any bio of Norm Augustine (if you know
> who he is).



No, I didn't know about Norm Augustine. I don't make it a habit of memorizing who made Under Secretary of the Army for two years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:15PM

Your own sexual insecurity is what makes you FEAR the Boy Scouts of America WashingTone-Locian.

Also private clubs RESERVE the right to DISCRIMINATE, especially against open homosexuals and known sexual perverts who stand a good chance of doing to the Boy Scouts of America, what the GAY CHILD PREDATORS did to the Catholic Church's reputation.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Capt. Obvious ()
Date: August 09, 2010 02:36PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Capt. Obvious Wrote:
> --------------------------
> >
> > Also read any bio of Norm Augustine (if you
> know
> > who he is).
>
>
> No, I didn't know about Norm Augustine. I don't
> make it a habit of memorizing who made Under
> Secretary of the Army for two years.

Yeah, and that is his only accomplishment. The guy is a giant in the business and defense/aerospace arenas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: es ()
Date: August 09, 2010 05:27PM

I'm an Eagle Scout. I was at the jamboree for the arena show and where I was standing I didn't see or hear any booing -- only clapping and the waving of US flags.

Don't take me wrong - I'm no Obama supporter, but I didn't boo him either. The video is just showing a handful of the 100,000+ people at the arena that night.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 05:29PM

Maybe they were not really boy scouts but republikan agitators performing some good old american dirty tricks. helllllllooooooo nixon!!!


es Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm an Eagle Scout. I was at the jamboree for the
> arena show and where I was standing I didn't see
> or hear any booing -- only clapping and the waving
> of US flags.
>
> Don't take me wrong - I'm no Obama supporter, but
> I didn't boo him either. The video is just showing
> a handful of the 100,000+ people at the arena that
> night.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: es ()
Date: August 09, 2010 05:33PM

Also, my troup does very little religious preaching of any kind. In fact the only way we are related to religion at all is due to the fact that we say grace before meals during court of honors and we meet at a church.

I myself am an agnostic and I have friends in my troup who are atheists. They are in no way discriminated against.

I don't see what the big political brouhaha is about - scouting is mainly about camping, learning skills and making friends.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: AJ ()
Date: August 11, 2010 06:01AM

Fuck boyscouts, they are racist, anti-gay, and teach kids to follow, not lead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 11, 2010 08:30AM

No.

The Boy Scouts of America say Fuck YOU AJ, you demented FAGGOT.


.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: August 11, 2010 08:37AM

Not classy booing the prez, even though he's proven himself a useless dink. Scout leadership should have a little talksie with the boys about respect and courtesy and all that other shit they should be practicing.

Now I love the condemnation of the Boy Scouts by liberal groups.These are the same douche bags who wouldn't say shit about Muslims if they had a mouthful. We'll never hear them say "OH there are some good Boy Scouts and bad Boy Scouts..blah blah blah.." but they're scared shitless to say anything about Islam that could be even slightly misinterpreted.


idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam



Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 04:06PM by WingNut.


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boy Scouts Boo Obama at Jamboree
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 11, 2010 03:51PM

ORLY?

Well lemme do it on behalf of our News Media;

FUCK ISLAM IN IT'S PORK EATING ASS, and

FUCK MoHAMmed IN HIS ASS WITH A PIECE OF PORK.



.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **      **  **        **    **  ********   *******  
 **  **  **  **        ***   **  **    **  **     ** 
 **  **  **  **        ****  **      **    **        
 **  **  **  **        ** ** **     **     ********  
 **  **  **  **        **  ****    **      **     ** 
 **  **  **  **        **   ***    **      **     ** 
  ***  ***   ********  **    **    **       *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.