HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
anybody else love The Knife Show???
Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: August 08, 2010 02:39AM

watching these low-rent rednecks sell cheap, crappy knives is simply....hypnotic. I seriously can't stop watching it anytime I turn it on. I'm watching it right now. I know this show has followers....anybody love watching a couple hicks sell knifes late at night?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anybody else love The Knife Show???
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 08, 2010 03:10AM

At first I thought you were talking about the actual knife show out in the Shenandoah Valley (Where I actually got a brand new knife for 1/3 the price of its actual value).

EDIT: Actually, that contained a lot of "actuals" lol. Now I know my headache is getting to me.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2010 03:11AM by ThePackLeader.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 08, 2010 04:27AM

im sad to admit that i have watched a few knife shows.

Posted by: yeeehaa ()
Date: August 08, 2010 08:31AM

I like the flex pays!

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: August 08, 2010 08:48AM

Just don't take one to a gun fight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: yeeehaa ()
Date: August 08, 2010 08:53AM

my samuri sword from the video above is way more effective than any firearm.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 08, 2010 12:23PM

Mr. Misery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> watching these low-rent rednecks sell cheap,
> crappy knives is simply....hypnotic. I seriously
> can't stop watching it anytime I turn it on. I'm
> watching it right now. I know this show has
> followers....anybody love watching a couple hicks
> sell knifes late at night?
>
>

You're right. I can't believe I watched that whole video.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 08, 2010 12:37PM

That's less than 20 bucks a sword!

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 08, 2010 12:41PM

Them hicks ain't so stupid after all.

You guys really didn't know they put subliminal clicks and groans in the audio to make you intently stare at the screen?

These sounds trace back to our Neanderthal days when we all lived in mud and grass huts, chucking spears and putting bones in our noses while wildly kicking our feet up as we banged on rabbit skin coffee cans screaming at the top of our lungs encircling a fire.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Date: August 08, 2010 06:00PM

my favorite part is "Tennessee peach-seed jig-bone" at 2:16. The guy's southern drawl is absolutely scrumptious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize to those I unfairly hurt. To Harry Tuttle in particular.
Attachments:
scrumptious.png

Date: August 08, 2010 06:04PM

I dare you not to watch all 10 minutes:

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 08, 2010 09:16PM

It's hard to find a really high quality utility knife under $100, I can't imagine how cheaply made those huge swords must be that are selling for $20.

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: August 08, 2010 10:48PM

uh, eesh, it's not a sword.....it's a daisho. A four-piece daisho. Use Flex-Pay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize to those I unfairly hurt. To Harry Tuttle in particular.

Date: August 09, 2010 01:49AM

i almost bought a katana once, i settled for a ninja sword. boy is it getting gay in here or is it just me?

Date: August 09, 2010 01:58AM

bloody blisters Wrote:
> i almost bought a katana once, i settled for a
> ninja sword. boy is it getting gay in here or is
> it just me?
Attachments:
JohnnyWeir5.jpg

Date: August 09, 2010 02:03AM

yeah its just me.

Date: August 09, 2010 02:06AM

::puke::

==================================================================================

Date: August 09, 2010 02:07AM

/
Attachments:
batman-and-robin.jpg

Date: August 09, 2010 02:09AM

-
Attachments:
15091-380x496.jpg

Date: August 09, 2010 02:10AM

eesh Wrote:
> -

i think i went to high school with the girl on the right.

Date: August 09, 2010 02:27AM

You shouldn't have left High School without her.

Posted by: SpareMe ()
Date: August 09, 2010 08:36AM

I went to a flea market in Frederick, Md. once and there was a guy who
was around 20 years old dressed like a cowboy and wearing a huge but very
cheaply made bowie knife in a sheath with imitation leather fringe. He
was strutting around very slowly and giving the impression that he was some
sort of expert on knives while trying to act like a real "tough guy",
especially when there were 14 year old girls nearby. I'd say his boots
would have retailed for about $20.00 and the Chinese Stetson looked
like something you'd see in a dollar store. The thing that really made
him stand out though was his seriousness. After a while he finally got
on his bicycle and rode off into the sunset. Guess there wasn't much to do
in Frederick that day.

Date: August 09, 2010 08:43AM

I have a friend who works for the CIA and I sent him this link because
I know he's really keen on all the latest gadgets and weapons even though
he's a desk jockey. Just picture Secret Agent 007 walking in an airport
with one of these and remaining "Secret". (And....they're only $12.00 each!)

http://budk.com/Swords/Secret-Agent-Sword?sourcecode=GONBBK&gclid=COqx6ta0rKMCFRhuswod-wQC3g

Date: August 09, 2010 08:46AM

SpareMe Wrote:
> I have a friend who works for the CIA and I sent
> him this link because
> I know he's really keen on all the latest gadgets
> and weapons even though
> he's a desk jockey. Just picture Secret Agent 007
> walking in an airport
> with one of these and remaining "Secret".
> (And....they're only $12.00 each!)
>
> http://budk.com/Swords/Secret-Agent-Sword?sourceco
> de=GONBBK&gclid=COqx6ta0rKMCFRhuswod-wQC3g

Oops! Forgot to mention. If you really want a good laugh, click on
the customer reviews of the Secret Agent's Sword. :):):)

Date: August 09, 2010 04:17PM

Tom O'Dell
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thomas (Tom) O'Dell is a host on the Cutlery Corner Network, a satellite television shopping show dedicated to selling cutlery and assorted medieval weaponry such as swords and katanas. 'Cutlery Corner Network', sometimes referred to as Knife Show is featured on cable on Dish Network (Channel 216), DirecTV (Channel 225) and during the weekend on both Ion Television and the Retro Television Network in the United States. However, due to contract variations, the timeslot in which Cutlery Corner has previously aired on it may be replaced with old movies.
Though he is not directly involved with the show, Tom is also a co-host of Coin Country, a similar type of show selling coins. Before these two shows, he worked on various knife shows, such as the Knife Collectors Show along with Shawn Leflar on the Shop at Home network.
On Cutlery Corner, Tom is assisted on the show by one of two additional hosts, Sheila Travis or Todd Boone (who also works on Shop at Home), demonstrating swords, katanas, bowies and many decorative knives. Tom is famous for being highly enthusiastic about his work. Many people tune into his late-night infomercials to simply be entertained by him.
One of O'Dell's famous terms is "bigguns" used to describe the large knives and swords that he sells. He has also clothed himself in camouflage and combat boots to appear on the show.
O'Dell is also known for saying "We, uh, may need emergency surgery in the studio" on a famous online clip in which a former assistant of his, Shawn Leflar, stabs himself with a practice katana. This clip has been featured on VH1's Web Junk 20. Clips have also been featured from broadcasts of Cutlery Corner on Jimmy Kimmel Live. On January 4, 2007, O'Dell was a guest on Kimmel's show, showing off some of his knives and sharing his experiences.
Both Cutlery Corner and O'Dell's enthusiastic salesmanship were discussed at length during hour two of the July 22, 2008 Rick Emerson Radio Program.[1]
[edit]
Attachments:
tom.jpg

Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: August 09, 2010 04:22PM

I like to roll with this:
Attachments:
1273631213_11-weirdest-knives-ever.jpg

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: August 09, 2010 05:02PM

BLAM - BLAM , knife fight over

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments:
110-shotgun-lg.jpg

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 09, 2010 05:15PM

In an interview with website Big Think, Stephen Hawking warned that the long-term future of the planet is in outer space.

"It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand, or million. The human race shouldn't have all its eggs in one basket, or on one planet," he said.

"I see great dangers for the human race," Hawking said. "There have been a number of times in the past when its survival has been a question of touch and go. The Cuban missile crisis in 1963 was one of these. The frequency of such occasions is likely to increase in the future."

"But I'm an optimist. If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe, as we spread into space," he said.

Related Links
Time Travel Is Possible, Says Stephen Hawking
Don’t Talk to Aliens, Warns Stephen Hawking YOU MIGHT ALSO BE
INTERESTED IN
Time of Reckoning for Obama, Pelosi Cruise Prices Near Record Lows Again Buffett's Dairy Queen Chilly on Frozen Yogurt Lawsuit Escaped Arizona Inmates Believed to be Hiding in Yellowstone Park Unlocking Mystery of Civil War-Era Submarine That said, getting to another planet will prove a challenge, not to mention colonizing it for humanity. University of Michigan astrophysicist Katherine Freese told Big Think that "the nearest star [to Earth] is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years away. That means that, if you were traveling at the speed of light the whole time, it would take 4.2 years to get there" -- or about 50,000 years using current rocket science.

Still, we need to act and act fast, Hawking stated. "It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand or million. Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain inward looking on planet Earth but to spread out into space. We have made remarkable progress in the last hundred years. But if we want to continue beyond the next hundred years, our future is in space."

This is not the first time Hawking has warned of impending planetary doom. In 2006, the physicist warned that Earth was at an ever increasing risk of being wiped out. And lately, Hawking has become quite outspoken.

In April, he warned of the dangers of communicating with aliens, telling the Discovery Channel that extra-terrestrials are almost certain to exist -- and humanity should avoid contact with them at all cost.

“To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational,†he said. “The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.â€

The answer, he suggests, is that most of alien life will be the equivalent of microbes or simple animals -- the sort of life that has dominated Earth for most of its history -- and they could pose a serious threat to us.

In May Hawking said he believed humans could travel millions of years into the future and repopulate their devastated planet. If spaceships are built that can fly faster than the speed of light, a day on board would be equivalent to a year on Earth. That's because -- according to Einstein -- as objects accelerate through space, time slows down around them.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Date: August 09, 2010 05:17PM

god-dammit, Vince, you can spam this forum all you want---but leave my Knife Show thread ALONE!!!

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 09, 2010 05:18PM

In an interview with website Big Think, Stephen Hawking warned that the long-term future of the planet is in outer space.

"It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster on planet Earth in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand, or million. The human race shouldn't have all its eggs in one basket, or on one planet," he said.

"I see great dangers for the human race," Hawking said"There have been a number of times in the past when its survival has been a question of touch and go. The Cuban missile crisis in 1963 was one of these. The frequency of such occasions is likely to increase in the future."

"But I'm an optimist. If we can avoid disaster for the next two centuries, our species should be safe, as we spread into space," he said.

Related Links
Time Travel Is Possible, Says Stephen Hawking
Don’t Talk to Aliens, Warns Stephen Hawking YOU MIGHT ALSO BE
INTERESTED IN
Time of Reckoning for Obama, Pelosi Cruise Prices Near Record Lows Again Buffett's Dairy Queen Chilly on Frozen Yogurt Lawsuit Escaped Arizona Inmates Believed to be Hiding in Yellowstone Park Unlocking Mystery of Civil War-Era Submarine That said, getting to another planet will prove a challenge, not to mention colonizing it for humanity. University of Michigan astrophysicist Katherine Freese told Big Think that "the nearest star [to Earth] is Proxima Centauri which is 4.2 light years away. That means that, if you were traveling at the speed of light the whole time, it would take 4.2 years to get there" -- or about 50,000 years using current rocket science.

Still, we need to act and act fast, Hawking stated. "It will be difficult enough to avoid disaster in the next hundred years, let alone the next thousand or million. Our only chance of long-term survival is not to remain inward looking on planet Earth but to spread out into space. We have made remarkable progress in the last hundred years. But if we want to continue beyond the next hundred years, our future is in space."

This is not the first time Hawking has warned of impending planetary doom. In 2006, the physicist warned that Earth was at an ever increasing risk of being wiped out. And lately, Hawking has become quite outspoken.

In April, he warned of the dangers of communicating with aliens, telling the Discovery Channel that extra-terrestrials are almost certain to exist -- and humanity should avoid contact with them at all cost.

“To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational,†he said. “The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.â€

The answer, he suggests, is that most of alien life will be the equivalent of microbes or simple animals -- the sort of life that has dominated Earth for most of its history -- and they could pose a serious threat to us.

In May Hawking said he believed humans could travel millions of years into the future and repopulate their devastated planet. If spaceships are built that can fly faster than the speed of light, a day on board would be equivalent to a year on Earth. That's because -- according to Einstein -- as objects accelerate through space, time slows down around them.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Date: August 09, 2010 07:53PM

If this was a piece of paper I would take my super stealth spy sword and cut your buffoonery from the thread Vince(1).

Posted by: boowiecollector ()
Date: April 12, 2012 01:13AM

Na Na Na Na..........Speed Zone....it's a muldidude of madness I tell ya. As country as my wife and I are, we atleast know how to pro-nounce the damn words right. What the hell is a Bouy knife...last time I checked Jim Bowie didn't make a floating knife. And if I'm not mistaken...Tonto was the Lone Ranger's sidekick. And by the way what the hell is Ivorite?

Posted by: JT Reno ()
Date: June 03, 2013 01:40AM

Mr. Misery Wrote:
> Tom O'Dell
> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
> Thomas (Tom) O'Dell is a host on the Cutlery
> Corner Network, a satellite television shopping
> show dedicated to selling cutlery and assorted
> medieval weaponry such as swords and katanas.
> 'Cutlery Corner Network', sometimes referred to as
> Knife Show is featured on cable on Dish Network
> (Channel 216), DirecTV (Channel 225) and during
> the weekend on both Ion Television and the Retro
> Television Network in the United States. However,
> due to contract variations, the timeslot in which
> Cutlery Corner has previously aired on it may be
> replaced with old movies.
> Though he is not directly involved with the show,
> Tom is also a co-host of Coin Country, a similar
> type of show selling coins. Before these two
> shows, he worked on various knife shows, such as
> the Knife Collectors Show along with Shawn Leflar
> on the Shop at Home network.
> On Cutlery Corner, Tom is assisted on the show by
> one of two additional hosts, Sheila Travis or Todd
> Boone (who also works on Shop at Home),
> demonstrating swords, katanas, bowies and many
> decorative knives. Tom is famous for being highly
> enthusiastic about his work. Many people tune into
> his late-night infomercials to simply be
> entertained by him.
> One of O'Dell's famous terms is "bigguns" used to
> describe the large knives and swords that he
> sells. He has also clothed himself in camouflage
> and combat boots to appear on the show.
> O'Dell is also known for saying "We, uh, may need
> emergency surgery in the studio" on a famous
> online clip in which a former assistant of his,
> Shawn Leflar, stabs himself with a practice
> katana. This clip has been featured on VH1's Web
> Junk 20. Clips have also been featured from
> broadcasts of Cutlery Corner on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
> On January 4, 2007, O'Dell was a guest on Kimmel's
> show, showing off some of his knives and sharing
> his experiences.
> Both Cutlery Corner and O'Dell's enthusiastic
> salesmanship were discussed at length during hour
> two of the July 22, 2008 Rick Emerson Radio
> Program.[1]
> [edit]

Your missing one main point...
It doesn't matter if the knives are crap or not. It doesn't matter if you like the show or not. It doesn;t matter if you think these people are the dumest redneck low lifes in the world.
They have YOU watching them
THEY are making money doing the show wether you buy or not
THEY drive home after a show in their nice cars and go to their nice homes while you sit there watching re-runs scratching your head.
Just who is the loser?....I'm just sayin'

Posted by: All junk ()
Date: January 24, 2014 03:21PM

They sell mostly junk knives that they buy in large bins from China. Those small key chain knives, that are included in the lot where you can buy 100 knives for 50 bucks, break on the second usage. I watch the show because it is a bunch of bunk; and notice that the buyers, who win a free knife by having their name drawn, are 97% of the time, from the deep Southern USA.

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: January 24, 2014 06:52PM

STICK IT TO THE SPAMBOT

Posted by: MMGxw ()
Date: April 10, 2014 11:58PM

so. watching a good salesman trying to sell cheap knifes he can't get rid of can be more entertaining than tv that's supposed to be entertaining

that's never been a mystery. a misery maybe.

Posted by: Mack the Knife ()
Date: April 11, 2014 02:23AM

And what could possibly go wrong flooding the general public with 150 knifes per package for $7.99. All breeds brands and descriptions of knives. It is not like some kids would stab 20 of his classmates or anything.

Posted by: Cops best friend ()
Date: April 11, 2014 02:23PM

These guys sell knives that are hidden in keys, belts, pencils, statues, religious icons. They sell Freddy Kruger razor gloves, swords hidden in canes, hats, shoes. Then they have retards like Squirrel Man Brady and Mountain Man pushing their junk knives. I enjoy watching it and laughing, not at the lame comedy of Tom O'dell; but because of the fools that write in and say how good the knives are. If indeed people do write in. I'm convinced it's all bullshit and propaganda.

Posted by: You're right again ()
Date: December 16, 2015 01:27PM

eesh Wrote:
> It's hard to find a really high quality utility
> knife under $100, I can't imagine how cheaply made
> those huge swords must be that are selling for
> $20.

+1

Posted by: MANipulative ()
Date: December 16, 2015 10:27PM

Ha..no one has caught on to the irony that is this thread?

LULZ

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.