HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Living inside a storage unit
Posted by: Pod living ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:03PM

Has anyone done this? Rent is too damn high and so are housing prices. I found a very spacious storage unit in Fairfax that I think I could set up nicely. Climate controlled and only $350 a month. It’s either that or live with my parents or in my car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living inside a storage unit
Posted by: Live with your parents ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:16PM

Everyone is doing it

Posted by: Climate control my ass ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:18PM

That's a gimmick. You will freeze to death and get moldy.

How are you going to cook or go to the bathroom or shower? I'm pretty sure it's illegal. Don't do it.

Posted by: Work around ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:28PM

Climate control my ass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a gimmick. You will freeze to death and get
> moldy.
>
> How are you going to cook or go to the bathroom or
> shower? I'm pretty sure it's illegal. Don't do it.

It’s not legal but people do it. Worst that would happen is you get evicted. There was a guy on YouTube who did this for a couple years before getting caught.

You’ll have to put yourself on a schedule to shit/piss at certain times. Storage facilities usually open around 7am and close at 9pm, so you’ve got a certain window of time to work, eat, shit, piss and whatever you need to do.

You can get a membership at a gym and just use the showers and shitters when you need to. Bring some snacks, water and a bunch of solar powered chargers for your electronics.

I don’t think this is a good long term plan, but if you can make a decent amount of money, you can probably save a good $100k for a down payment for your own place.

Posted by: CWOTD ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:28PM

Sponge bathing might be your only answer. In warmer months and if they have an outdoor hose hookup, you can grab a quick quasi-shower. Living in a storage unit works best in a warmer climate. Very common in Florida.

Posted by: Too much work ()
Date: January 30, 2022 06:41PM

That all sounds like an awful lot of work and pretty miserable. Just got back home. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I am 30 and am back home. Life is too short and lots of people are losing their family members and WISH they had them to go live with.

If you aren't on good terms with your parents just stay out of their way or try to make amends.

The pandemic set a lot of people back or delayed things so it's really not that unusual to be back home.

Forget what people may say or think about you. At least you'll have a roof over your head.

Posted by: Ivy Calvin ()
Date: January 30, 2022 07:40PM

I wouldn't recommend it. You need to find another alternative.

Posted by: Younger Days ()
Date: January 30, 2022 08:07PM

I spent a weekend in a U-Haul during college. I had a part time job at a bar and could use the college gym for washing up. I peed in a gatorade bottle. It was not bad. As a long term arrangement though it would have sucked. If you don't have climate control then things will start smelling funky.

Posted by: Darrell Sheets ()
Date: January 30, 2022 10:40PM

Ivy Calvin Wrote:
> I wouldn't recommend it. You need to find another
> alternative.

Before you lived in Grandma's Attic, I bet you lived in one of those really nice units. You know, the one's near the beach. You can't fool me. Jarrod and Brandi did it for a while, too.

Posted by: Amazon Pharmacy ()
Date: January 30, 2022 10:47PM

Thank you for your recent refill request.

Please be advised that you order for Cariprazine has been completed.

Your prescription will be sent via express delivery to your address of record.

And remember, free shipping to Prime members!

Amazon Pharmacy thanks you.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20220130-224218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted by: Amazondotcom ()
Date: January 30, 2022 11:05PM

Sign In ›
your account
gay people stuff
Select a location to see product availability
Filters
Natural Gemstone Bracelet for Women and MenNatural Gemstone Bracelet for Women and Men
Sponsored

Shop DAZCOLO

DAZCOLO Natural Gemstone Bracelet 7.5 In Stretch Gems Stones 8mm (0.31") Round | Beads Healing Crystals Quartz | Chakra Bracelet | Y2K | Bracelets for Women Men Girls Gifts (Unisex)DAZCOLO Natural Gemstone Bracelet 7.5 In Stretch Gems Ston…

DAZCOLO Natural Gemstone Bracelet 7.5 In Stretch Gems Stones 8mm (0.31") Round | Beads Healing Crystals Quartz | Chakra Bracelet | Y2K | Bracelets for Women Men Girls Gifts (Unisex)DAZCOLO Natural Gemstone Bracelet 7.5 In Stretch Gems Ston…

See more from DAZCOLO
RESULTS
Price and other details may vary based on product size and color.
Best Seller
Sponsored Ad - THE COMFY Original | Oversized Microfiber & Sherpa Wearable Blanket, Seen On Shark Tank, One Size Fits All ...
Sponsored
THE COMFY Original | Oversized Microfiber & Sherpa Wearable Blanket, Seen On Shark Tank, One Size Fits All Blue
4.8 out of 5 stars 61,714
$44.99
Get it as soon as Thu, Feb 3
FREE Shipping by Amazon
Sponsored Ad - Gay Pride Gifts | 6x6x2 Rainbow Themed Shadow Box | LGBT Wall Decor Frame for Gay or Lesbian Couple | Love ...
Sponsored
Gay Pride Gifts | 6x6x2 Rainbow Themed Shadow Box | LGBT Wall Decor Frame for Gay or Lesbian Couple | Love Memory Box for LGBTQ Community | Great for Home Decoration | Perfect Gay Wedding Gift
4.8 out of 5 stars 54
$17.99
Get it as soon as Wed, Feb 2
FREE Shipping over $25 by Amazon
INRENG Leather Braided LGBT Rainbow Bracelet Stainless Steel Magnetic Bangle Gay & Lesbian Pride Silver/Gold
INRENG Leather Braided LGBT Rainbow Bracelet Stainless Steel Magnetic Bangle Gay & Lesbian Pride Silver/Gold
4.4 out of 5 stars 194
$8.21
Straight Outta The Closet LGBT Gay Pride T-Shirt
Straight Outta The Closet LGBT Gay Pride T-Shirt
4.7 out of 5 stars 156
$16.99
Catalonia Oversized Wearable Blanket Hoodie Sweatshirt, Comfortable Sherpa Lounging Pullover for Adults Men Women Teenager...
Catalonia Oversized Wearable Blanket Hoodie Sweatshirt, Comfortable Sherpa Lounging Pullover for Adults Men Women Teenagers Wife Girlfriend
4.8 out of 5 stars 3,179
$42.99
FREE Shipping by Amazon
Funny Gay Keychain Gay Pride Gift LGBT Gift I Can't Even Think Straight Keychain Anniversary Keychain Valentines Day Gifts...
Funny Gay Keychain Gay Pride Gift LGBT Gift I Can't Even Think Straight Keychain Anniversary Keychain Valentines Day Gifts Lesbian Gift for Girlfriend Wife Christmas Birthday Gifts
4.8 out of 5 stars 58
$9.99
Save 6% with coupon
Men Sexy Underwear, Bow Tie Briefs Pouch Thong, Mens Low-Rise Lingerie, Premium Cotton Comfort Stretch Jockstrap
Men Sexy Underwear, Bow Tie Briefs Pouch Thong, Mens Low-Rise Lingerie, Premium Cotton Comfort Stretch Jockstrap
4.5 out of 5 stars 1,915
$9.99$14.99
Trading Teams: A Jock Nerd Romance
Trading Teams: A Jock Nerd Romance
by Romeo Alexander
4.4 out of 5 stars 260
Kindle
$0.00
Free with Kindle Unlimited membership
Available instantly
Or $4.99 to buy
Other formats: Audible Audiobook, Paperback
Christmas Gag Gift Reindeer Mankini Men Thong Underwear with Bells
Christmas Gag Gift Reindeer Mankini Men Thong Underwear with Bells
4.6 out of 5 stars 1,234
$19.99
Best Seller
Wearable Blanket Hoodie for Adults Sherpa All Patterns Oversized Sweatshirt Blanket with Pockets
Wearable Blanket Hoodie for Adults Sherpa All Patterns Oversized Sweatshirt Blanket with Pockets
4.8 out of 5 stars 788
$45.99
FREE Shipping by Amazon
Archie McPhee 11761 Accoutrements Yodelling Pickle Multi-colored, 8"
Archie McPhee 11761 Accoutrements Yodelling Pickle Multi-colored, 8"
4.6 out of 5 stars 7,551
$12.95$14.99
Get it Fri, Feb 4 - Wed, Feb 9
FREE Shipping
Ages: 36 months - 17 years

Another way to buy
$13.99$14.99
Only 3 left in stock - order soon.
Sponsored Ad - Beard Apron Cape for Men Shaving and Trimming with Suction Cups Adjustable Neck Straps Beard Apron for Dad ...
Sponsored
Beard Apron Cape for Men Shaving and Trimming with Suction Cups Adjustable Neck Straps Beard Apron for Dad Father Husband Boyfriend Brother Gift
3.7 out of 5 stars 303
$9.99
Archie Mcphee Instant underpants. Just add water one pair
Archie Mcphee Instant underpants. Just add water one pair
4.4 out of 5 stars 1,896
$5.21
Back Neck Shoulder Massager with Heat - Deep Tissue Kneading Electric Back Massage for Neck, Back, Shoulder, Waist, Foot -...
Back Neck Shoulder Massager with Heat - Deep Tissue Kneading Electric Back Massage for Neck, Back, Shoulder, Waist, Foot - Shiatsu Full Body Massage, Relax Gift for Her/Him/Friend/Dad/Mom
1 Count (Pack of 1)
4.5 out of 5 stars 7,311
Limited time deal
$41.99($41.99/Count)$59.99
Save 5% with coupon
Get it as soon as Thu, Feb 3
FREE Shipping by Amazon
Gay Pride Science Is Real Black Lives Matter Love Is Love T-Shirt
Gay Pride Science Is Real Black Lives Matter Love Is Love T-Shirt
4.7 out of 5 stars 3,540
$19.99
Ah Men Funny LGBT Gay Pride Jesus Rainbow Flag Christian T-Shirt
Ah Men Funny LGBT Gay Pride Jesus Rainbow Flag Christian T-Shirt
4.6 out of 5 stars 69
$19.99
Pure for Men Original Vegan Cleanliness Stay Ready Fiber Supplement, 120 Capsules | Helps Promote Digestive Regularity, He...
Pure for Men Original Vegan Cleanliness Stay Ready Fiber Supplement, 120 Capsules | Helps Promote Digestive Regularity, Heart Health | Psyllium Husk, Aloe Vera, Chia Seeds | Proven Proprietary Formula
120 Count (Pack of 1)
4.5 out of 5 stars 12,893
$26.99($0.22/Count)
$25.64 with Subscribe & Save discount
Get it as soon as Tue, Feb 1
FREE Shipping by Amazon
Load more
Brands related to your search
Sponsored

TOP OF PAGE
Your Orders
Your Lists
Find a Gift
Browsing History
Returns
Customer Service
Amazon.com
AmazonFresh
Gift Cards & Registry
Your Account
Sell products on Amazon
Disability Customer Support
English United States
Already a customer?Sign In
Conditions of Use Privacy Notice Interest-Based Ads
© 1996-2022, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates

Posted by: John Riggins ()
Date: January 30, 2022 11:14PM

Worked for me.

Posted by: U6J3F ()
Date: January 31, 2022 12:47AM

A while ago, you could get away with it. You barred the door from the inside while you were there. You picked 1 that had 24 hr. access. You also picked 1 that had bushes by a back fence. You peed in a can and poured it thru the fence. You crapped in a grocery bag & wiped & put it all in the bag & flung it over the fence. You ate all your meals out. I Jerry rigged some wires from the florescent light fixtures to a cord so I could power a TV & a refrigerator for beer. Got away with it for 2 yrs. Figured the gig was gonna be up soon enough, but I had more than enough bux saved so I could rent an apt.

Now, the proprietors are on the lookout. They come by at night & see a door with no lock and they nab you. Allot of them don't allow 24 hr. access no more just to discourage it Now they check the security cams reg. & if they see somebody go in but not come out or see somebody come out at a weird hour but nobody going in, they nab you.

Posted by: 5050man ()
Date: January 31, 2022 03:35AM

1. You will be busted within a few days of trying it.

2. It is worse and harder than living in your car.

Move back into your parent's house. They will be glad you are there.

Posted by: 65ujuy ()
Date: January 31, 2022 10:05AM

Pod living Wrote:
> Has anyone done this? Rent is too damn high and so
> are housing prices. I found a very spacious
> storage unit in Fairfax that I think I could set
> up nicely. Climate controlled and only $350 a
> month. It’s either that or live with my parents
> or in my car.

It's what asian oligarchs advertise to the poor*

It's why we shoot communists in real life.

not including ship crew members who get paid to do so

Posted by: Considered It A Long Time Ago ()
Date: January 31, 2022 10:32AM

If you are single, flexible with your time, can find a convenient place to park a car nearby, and can tolerate fairly cold nights during the winter, then you should try it out.

I rented a climate controlled storage unit for one of my businesses, to store stuff that I didn't want to get ruined by the cold weather, but they only keep the thermostats set at about 40 degrees.

The lease was specific about not altering the one light socket or adding anything to it, like a socket adapter that lets you run and extension cord out of the side of it.

There are cameras set up everywhere, so if anyone was to have any issue whatsoever, and they reviewed the footage, you would most-likely be found out.

You could still go pee & poop in your unit, but it wouldn't be comfortable to do, especially if it is almost freezing and you need to go #2.

A better idea would be to get about 10 people to rent a very small apartment. Obviously, it will have to be in someone's name, but splitting $1,200 10 ways comes out to $120 each, per month, plus maybe another $30 for utilities. Build bunk beds, enough for everyone, then you have a climate controlled place to sleep.

Posted by: You Can Bang Roommates! ()
Date: February 01, 2022 08:01AM

I rented an entire townhouse and rented the rooms out separately. I stayed in the basement and rented the three bedrooms out to women. I ended up having sex with all of them, at one point or another, during their stay. Some rented for just one year and others for several years. I always had a steady supply of pussy! Adn, no, I didn't take pussy as rent payment either!

Posted by: suzannemiller ()
Date: March 18, 2022 12:05AM

While selecting a storage facility, numerous variables must be considered, including location, pricing, security, and storage unit size. The type andsize of the storage unityou require will be determined by the items you need to store. The storage unit's steady temperature will assist safeguard the stored objects from damage. High temperatures and humidity can cause wood or suede furniture to warp, crack, or split. High moisture levels can cause moisture to form in electronics, books, paper, and clothing, resulting in mould, mildew, and rust, which can cause the objects to deteriorate beyond repair.

Posted by: I'm in my Extra Pace locker now! ()
Date: March 18, 2022 12:41AM

Prosperity across from Merrifield Central Postal P&D facility.

I have a fake lock rigged so the inspection doesn't look amiss.

I tapped into the overhead for electricity.

My unit is out of camera range so #1 & #2 take place among the trees.

Posted by: r5yghh54 ()
Date: March 18, 2022 01:05AM

So, democrats will send some people out to die while they make high wages.

They will then use the dead homeless people as an arguement for "raising wages", which they will get but others won't.

NOTHING NEW. BEEN HAPPENING SINCE BILL CLINTON.

it's why we kill facists who've got a strangle hold on power

Posted by: OK. You're stupid. ()
Date: March 18, 2022 08:16AM

This thread is more about cheap clever survival than ANYTHING political.

Posted by: Storage Unit Hobble ()
Date: March 18, 2022 09:30AM

I knew a married guy that rented a storage unit for banging his girlfriend. He had a bed and a light in there. He said it worked pretty well for him except it got too hot in the summer. Especially after a zesty session.

Posted by: Neno ()
Date: March 18, 2022 09:48AM

Gobble-da-gee!!

Posted by: Alexander Martin ()
Date: April 08, 2022 02:43AM

I actually just did something similar. In my case, I didn't have a choice. I'd been looking for a place to live for almost a year and hadn't had any luck. I bought a small used car and lived in that for three weeks. I did it to save money and stay mobile. It worked well but it's hard for a grown man to live in a car. It was a last resort, as you say. I haven't done it since. I also had a regular job so I wasn't really worried about being able to make rent. I was an hourly employee -- it was just a lot of stress for a few weeks. I'd recommend selling off some of your stuff. That worked for me. I don't think I could live in a warehouse because I want a more permanent base and more space. But it sounds like a good solution for you. If you can't find anything else and are going to be evicted, it might be a good option to check out. You'd have to be organized and disciplined and know how to live with very little, as you can imagine, so be sure you're up for that. It might be worth it in the end. It's a great way to save money. I hope things work out for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2022 02:45AM by Alexander Martin.

Posted by: Fo free ()
Date: April 08, 2022 03:08AM

What’s the dimensions?
I know crackheads that live in staircases.
Even addicts are entitled now, just act like a junkie abs live for free!

Posted by: Tysons panhandlers ()
Date: April 08, 2022 07:22AM

The panhandlers on 7 under Spring Hill Metro are living in very nice tents barely 100 yards away from "work". Right between Spring Hill road & Tysons Infinity, there's a bike trail with a large apron of grass on either side. You know the pangandlers are "home" when you see their bikes leaning against the tent. That's when you walk up to the tent and announce the you've got an easy way to make some money. They'll invite you in where you can find what they're willing to do.

Posted by: Thank Joe Biden ()
Date: April 08, 2022 09:14AM

Thanks Joe Biden

Posted by: lunaval2 ()
Date: May 12, 2022 05:48AM

Dude, don't do it. This is not a good idea. Many things can go wrong. Where will you keep your clothes? How will you cook your food? Most importantly, you will be living alone, without any human interaction. The storage unit is good for storing your belongings it's not a place to live. You can store your stuff there. But don’t live there dude.

Posted by: van by the river ()
Date: May 12, 2022 05:56AM

https://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/nooe9tb0n6sc5qaweorc.gif

Posted by: No brainer ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:24AM

Seriously, I’d rather commit a federal non-violent crime and live rent free at Club Fed.

PPP Loan Fraud would have ideal.

If you don’t get caught, you’re a multi millionaire

If you do get caught, 3 years at Club Fed playin tennis and eating Vegan is way better than living in a storage unit and working an hourly job.

Posted by: Glamorous? ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:47AM

You are out of your mind

Posted by: Here’s another idea ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:54AM

Another idea is to try and hookup with that fat British singer, Adele

She and her negro just moved into a $58 million mansion. It’s gotta be decent for $58 million.

Living with Adele and her negro would be better than a storage unit. That’s my opinion at least.

Posted by: JG0203 ()
Date: July 26, 2022 11:44PM

Hey, I think we all can relate to that situation. I was living in the storage unit for months with my college friends. It was a lot of fun. But yes, it can be a little challenging. There are many people who have successfully lived in a storage unit for more than a year. On the other hand, some of them have admitted that it was not that bad but it was very difficult.

Posted by: Climate Control Doesn't Help! ()
Date: July 27, 2022 09:17AM

Even the climate controlled units are hot in the Summer and Cold in the Winter!
You would be better off investing in a large van to live in. Cheaper than rent, but more expensive than a storage unit. You can drive it places, like a laundrymat, grocery store, other stores, etc....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.