HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 09:19AM

Good....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38321920/ns/us_news-life/


Edit: Not Good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 09:50AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:25AM

I hope she gets a white unemployment case worker...

Edit:

I hope they give her a raise along with that apology and offer of her job back...



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 12:48PM by Gonads & Strife.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:26AM

He was trying to show he was superior to her, in a "I'm a bankrupt farmer" kind of way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 09:28AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was trying to show he was superior to her, in a
> "I'm a bankrupt farmer" kind of way.


+1

Here's the deal. The guy may have been a dick to her (whether she was black, a woman or just because she was a government bureaucrat). The fact is, you CAN'T discriminate. And, frankly, he probably was superior to her, at least on the intelligence front, because you would have to be a fucking moron with an IQ of 30 to admit something like this in front of a group of people (NAACP, or not).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2010 09:30AM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:37AM

Now we will see if Obama holds his people accountable like he promised and fires Tom Vilsakk for allowing that on his watch. This woman was only fired because she was caught on video, he had to have known that was her behavior before the video was released.

Funny how the liberal bloggers try to paint the rising tide of TEA party members taking back our country as racist, when we have videos of blakk panther members blocking polls and screaming obscenities, and members of high government positions condoning racist behavior. Who are the racists again?

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:37AM

Why would she say something like that in public? Anybody that's been a public official for more than one day knows everything you speak about will be recorded and possibly given to the press. She is dumb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:41AM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> he had to have known that was her behavior before the video was released.

You really think the President of the United States personally keeps tabs on every remark made by some obscure USDA employee down in Georgia?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:43AM

I think that the "he" to which conVince was refering is the USDA chief and not Obama (although your argument still holds water either way).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 09:44AM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now we will see if Obama holds his people
> accountable like he promised and fires Tom Vilsakk
> for allowing that on his watch. This woman was
> only fired because she was caught on video, he had
> to have known that was her behavior before the
> video was released.
>


God, you are stupid. Do you have any idea how many thousands of people work at USDA? The fact is once this was brought to his attention, he took action. There's no reason to suspect that he sat on this thing.

> Funny how the liberal bloggers try to paint the
> rising tide of TEA party members taking back our
> country as racist, when we have videos of blakk
> panther members blocking polls and screaming
> obscenities, and members of high government
> positions condoning racist behavior. Who are the
> racists again?


Did the black panthers block the polling station? Seems to me I saw plenty of people, white and black, coming and going. There's nothing illegal about standing on a public street. I guess the GOP wants to take that right away, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:48AM

I'm sure they'll find a loophole to exploit in the Patriot Act that'll allow them to make sidewalk standing an act of terrorism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:04AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did the black panthers block the polling station?
> Seems to me I saw plenty of people, white and
> black, coming and going. There's nothing illegal
> about standing on a public street. I guess the GOP
> wants to take that right away, too.

So you also support the rights of abortion clinic protesters I assume, I wish there were more like you in the demokrat party. The demokrats have been trying to find every obscure legal way to stop them for decades. I feel better about the demokrats now that you have acknowledged the right to protest and scream at people as long as entry and exit are not physically blocked.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:07AM

"In his statement, NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous said..."

Hilarious. "Hi, I'm Mr. Jealous, president of the NAACP."

"Who's the president of the NAACP now?" "Some Jealous guy."

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 10:14AM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> So you also support the rights of abortion clinic
> protesters I assume, I wish there were more like
> you in the demokrat party. The demokrats have
> been trying to find every obscure legal way to
> stop them for decades. I feel better about the
> demokrats now that you have acknowledged the right
> to protest and scream at people as long as entry
> and exit are not physically blocked.


Ummm, yeah. You are using legal precedent to make my case for me. Listening to Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck is obviously driving down your IQ.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:16AM

This whole thing blew up after Breitbart released parsed video of her telling the story, but Breitbart forgot to delete one crucial detail in his news release. If you see the video, notice where she says that the story took place just after Chapter 12 bankruptcy was established for family farms. Chapter 12 was so established in 1986. What was Shirley Sherrod doing in 1986? She was running the New Communities black farm coop in Georgia. She was not employed by the government in any way. Some white farmer called a black coop looking for help. She helped him, but not as much as she “could” if, you know, he were a black farmer and thus would have some interest in the coop. They also gave farmers help restructuring their loans and whatnot, so she referred him to a lawyer who could help him, despite his condescending attitude.

I should also note that the her coop and the associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+ settlement for black farmers after they were systematically denied loans provided to white farmers in the early eighties, complements of Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman). But we all know it was those black farmers banding together in their cooperative farming blackness that are the real racists.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:17AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would she say something like that in public?
> Anybody that's been a public official for more
> than one day knows everything you speak about will
> be recorded and possibly given to the press. She
> is dumb.

How many smart racists have you met in life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 10:19AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole thing blew up after Breitbart released
> parsed video of her telling the story, but
> Breitbart forgot to delete one crucial detail in
> his news release. If you see the video, notice
> where she says that the story took place just
> after Chapter 12 bankruptcy was established for
> family farms. Chapter 12 was so established in
> 1986. What was Shirley Sherrod doing in 1986? She
> was running the New Communities black farm coop in
> Georgia. She was not employed by the government in
> any way. Some white farmer called a black coop
> looking for help. She helped him, but not as much
> as she “could” if, you know, he were a black
> farmer and thus would have some interest in the
> coop. They also gave farmers help restructuring
> their loans and whatnot, so she referred him to a
> lawyer who could help him, despite his
> condescending attitude.
>
> I should also note that the her coop and the
> associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> settlement for black farmers after they were
> systematically denied loans provided to white
> farmers in the early eighties, complements of
> Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman). But we all
> know it was those black farmers banding together
> in their cooperative farming blackness that are
> the real racists.

Thanks for the explanation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:20AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole thing blew up after Breitbart released
> parsed video of her telling the story, but
> Breitbart forgot to delete one crucial detail in
> his news release. If you see the video, notice
> where she says that the story took place just
> after Chapter 12 bankruptcy was established for
> family farms. Chapter 12 was so established in
> 1986. What was Shirley Sherrod doing in 1986? She
> was running the New Communities black farm coop in
> Georgia. She was not employed by the government in
> any way. Some white farmer called a black coop
> looking for help. She helped him, but not as much
> as she “could” if, you know, he were a black
> farmer and thus would have some interest in the
> coop. They also gave farmers help restructuring
> their loans and whatnot, so she referred him to a
> lawyer who could help him, despite his
> condescending attitude.
>
> I should also note that the her coop and the
> associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> settlement for black farmers after they were
> systematically denied loans provided to white
> farmers in the early eighties, complements of
> Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman). But we all
> know it was those black farmers banding together
> in their cooperative farming blackness that are
> the real racists.


oh yeah??? well if it wasn't for white people, black people in America wouldn't even know how to farm! so THERE! /joke

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:21AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why would she say something like that in
> public?
> > Anybody that's been a public official for more
> > than one day knows everything you speak about
> will
> > be recorded and possibly given to the press.
> She
> > is dumb.
>
> How many smart racists have you met in life?





There are a lot of racist employees in the Federal government, whether they are smart or not, they make it by keeping their mouth shut. This woman is almost proud of her racism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:22AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are a lot of racist employees in the Federal
> government, whether they are smart or not, they
> make it by keeping their mouth shut. This woman is
> almost proud of her racism.


So is this one
sotomayor.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:23AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole thing blew up after Breitbart released
> parsed video of her telling the story, but
> Breitbart forgot to delete one crucial detail in
> his news release. If you see the video, notice
> where she says that the story took place just
> after Chapter 12 bankruptcy was established for
> family farms. Chapter 12 was so established in
> 1986. What was Shirley Sherrod doing in 1986? She
> was running the New Communities black farm coop in
> Georgia. She was not employed by the government in
> any way. Some white farmer called a black coop
> looking for help. She helped him, but not as much
> as she “could” if, you know, he were a black
> farmer and thus would have some interest in the
> coop. They also gave farmers help restructuring
> their loans and whatnot, so she referred him to a
> lawyer who could help him, despite his
> condescending attitude.
>
> I should also note that the her coop and the
> associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> settlement for black farmers after they were
> systematically denied loans provided to white
> farmers in the early eighties, complements of
> Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman). But we all
> know it was those black farmers banding together
> in their cooperative farming blackness that are
> the real racists.


Here is the transcript:

"The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm, he took a long time talking but he was trying to show me he was superior to me. I know what he was doing, but he had come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was, I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," Sherrod said.

"I was struggling with the fact that so many black people had lost their farmland, and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land. So I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough," Sherrod said. "So that when he, I assumed the Department of Agriculture had sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Department of Agriculture, and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him."

In the video, Sherrod also spoke of referring the white farmer to a white lawyer, thinking the latter would be more sympathetic because of race. "So I took him to a white lawyer that had attended some of training that we had provided because Chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farm. So I figured if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him."


Now that doesn't sound ignorant does it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:24AM

She's not racist, she's just a wise Latina that can be a better Justice than a white person.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:26AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> "The first time I was faced with having to help a
> white farmer save his farm, he took a long time
> talking but he was trying to show me he was
> superior to me."





How exactly was he showing her how superior he was? I think she has some sort of deep rooted insecurity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:27AM

Because growing up poor and eating pinto beans and brown rice makes for a smarter person than a middle-upper-class white guy who grew up eating lima beans and white rice (although the white guy probably went to a better school...)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:29AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > "The first time I was faced with having to help
> a
> > white farmer save his farm, he took a long time
> > talking but he was trying to show me he was
> > superior to me."
>
>
>
>
>
> How exactly was he showing her how superior he
> was? I think she has some sort of deep rooted
> insecurity.


Maybe he whipped it out

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 10:33AM

mcsmack Wrote:

>
> Now that doesn't sound ignorant does it?


The problem with her story is that she was playing to the crowd and it comes off badly (even in the correct context). The point of her story is that she learned to put her bias aside. And, it turns out, she is still friends with that white farmer today. The problem is, she embellished it to the point where it comes off racist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:34AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe he whipped it out


This is a good point...any form of "whip" and/or "whipping" could easily be taken as a show or display of superiority over a black person on a white farm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:36AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe he whipped it out
>
>
> This is a good point...any form of "whip" and/or
> "whipping" could easily be taken as a show or
> display of superiority over a black person on a
> white farm.



Way to go Nad! Now were both going to hell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:39AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole thing blew up after Breitbart released
> parsed video of her telling the story, but
> Breitbart forgot to delete one crucial detail in
> his news release. If you see the video, notice
> where she says that the story took place just
> after Chapter 12 bankruptcy was established for
> family farms. Chapter 12 was so established in
> 1986. What was Shirley Sherrod doing in 1986? She
> was running the New Communities black farm coop in
> Georgia. She was not employed by the government in
> any way. Some white farmer called a black coop
> looking for help. She helped him, but not as much
> as she “could” if, you know, he were a black
> farmer and thus would have some interest in the
> coop. They also gave farmers help restructuring
> their loans and whatnot, so she referred him to a
> lawyer who could help him, despite his
> condescending attitude.

If:

1. This video is 24 years old
2. She was not employed by state or federal government at the time
3. Was working for a primarily black organization

... then I don't see why she should have to resign for that in 2010. If everyone in the government who had racist tendencies resigned, we'd have no government.

I'm not saying what she did was right, but I wouldn't exactly take my cracker ass to the NAACP for legal representation if I was discriminated against.

Actually, I would just to prove a point about hypocrisy, but that's neither here nor there.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: stanhope ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:41AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I should also note that the her coop and the
> associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> settlement for black farmers after they were
> systematically denied loans provided to white
> farmers in the early eighties, complements of
> Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman).

Do you like facts? I do. Pigford covered all claims of racial discrimination against African American Farmers between 1983 and 1997. Reagan was President from '89 - '97? Who was POTUS '93 - '97?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:49AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
>
> >
> > Now that doesn't sound ignorant does it?
>
>
> The problem with her story is that she was playing
> to the crowd and it comes off badly (even in the
> correct context). The point of her story is that
> she learned to put her bias aside. And, it turns
> out, she is still friends with that white farmer
> today. The problem is, she embellished it to the
> point where it comes off racist.

I believe this to be the case exactly. It is amazing, knowing the facts, how fast the Administration threw her under the bus or to the back of the bus if you will. It is almost like at her level she wasn't worth wasting dwindling political capital to defend her so the eject lever was the easiest way out and someone or ones in the Administration far, far above her pay scale pulled it for her no doubt. This action I think helps take some of the air out of the New Black Panther / Justice Dept. controversy or at least gets it off the front page for a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:49AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Way to go Nad! Now were both going to hell.


Well you know what they say...you go to heaven for the weather - you go to hell for the company!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 20, 2010 10:55AM

stanhope Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I should also note that the her coop and the
> > associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> > settlement for black farmers after they were
> > systematically denied loans provided to white
> > farmers in the early eighties, complements of
> > Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman).
>
> Do you like facts? I do. Pigford covered all
> claims of racial discrimination against African
> American Farmers between 1983 and 1997. Reagan
> was President from '89 - '97? Who was POTUS '93 -
> '97?

Reagan jan. 1981-jan. 1989
Bush the elder jan 1989- jan 1993

Over nine full years under Republican control; stopped under Democratic control; sorry if it wasn't immediate enough for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: stanhope ()
Date: July 20, 2010 11:06AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stanhope Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > FUNdamental Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I should also note that the her coop and the
> > > associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> > > settlement for black farmers after they were
> > > systematically denied loans provided to white
> > > farmers in the early eighties, complements of
> > > Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman).
> >
> > Do you like facts? I do. Pigford covered all
> > claims of racial discrimination against African
> > American Farmers between 1983 and 1997. Reagan
> > was President from '89 - '97? Who was POTUS '93
> -
> > '97?
>
> Reagan jan. 1981-jan. 1989
> Bush the elder jan 1989- jan 1993
>
> Over nine full years under Republican control;
> stopped under Democratic control; sorry if it
> wasn't immediate enough for you.

Stopped under Democratic control? Why? Cause they were sued in 1997? Do people make it a regular habit to let you spew your spun up bullshit without calling you on it? You are like that tard Glenn Beck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 20, 2010 11:24AM

stanhope Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > stanhope Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > FUNdamental Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I should also note that the her coop and
> the
> > > > associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> > > > settlement for black farmers after they
> were
> > > > systematically denied loans provided to
> white
> > > > farmers in the early eighties, complements
> of
> > > > Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman).
> > >
> > > Do you like facts? I do. Pigford covered
> all
> > > claims of racial discrimination against
> African
> > > American Farmers between 1983 and 1997.
> Reagan
> > > was President from '89 - '97? Who was POTUS
> '93
> > -
> > > '97?
> >
> > Reagan jan. 1981-jan. 1989
> > Bush the elder jan 1989- jan 1993
> >
> > Over nine full years under Republican control;
> > stopped under Democratic control; sorry if it
> > wasn't immediate enough for you.
>
> Stopped under Democratic control? Why? Cause
> they were sued in 1997? Do people make it a
> regular habit to let you spew your spun up
> bullshit without calling you on it? You are like
> that tard Glenn Beck.

Did you ever consider the attitude in the Justice Department towards a case in Federal Court could influence the judge or the outcome?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: U r a fool ()
Date: July 20, 2010 11:25AM

You don't have to be a genius to see that this thread and it's posts are all the same person. The back to back postings here yet again prove what this site is and haw been, fake!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 11:33AM

U r a fool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't have to be a genius to see that this
> thread and it's posts are all the same person. The
> back to back postings here yet again prove what
> this site is and haw been, fake!


Haw? as in Hee Haw?




Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: stanhope ()
Date: July 20, 2010 11:34AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stanhope Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > FUNdamental Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > stanhope Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > FUNdamental Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > I should also note that the her coop and
> > the
> > > > > associate RDLN recently won a $1 billion+
> > > > > settlement for black farmers after they
> > were
> > > > > systematically denied loans provided to
> > white
> > > > > farmers in the early eighties,
> complements
> > of
> > > > > Ronnie Reagan (Pigford v. Glickman).
> > > >
> > > > Do you like facts? I do. Pigford covered
> > all
> > > > claims of racial discrimination against
> > African
> > > > American Farmers between 1983 and 1997.
> > Reagan
> > > > was President from '89 - '97? Who was
> POTUS
> > '93
> > > -
> > > > '97?
> > >
> > > Reagan jan. 1981-jan. 1989
> > > Bush the elder jan 1989- jan 1993
> > >
> > > Over nine full years under Republican
> control;
> > > stopped under Democratic control; sorry if it
> > > wasn't immediate enough for you.
> >
> > Stopped under Democratic control? Why? Cause
> > they were sued in 1997? Do people make it a
> > regular habit to let you spew your spun up
> > bullshit without calling you on it? You are
> like
> > that tard Glenn Beck.
>
> Did you ever consider the attitude in the Justice
> Department towards a case in Federal Court could
> influence the judge or the outcome?

Of course, did you? Do you know enough about this case to engage in an intelligent discussion?

"the Court was surprised and disappointed by the government's response to the Court's modest proposal that the Consent Decree include a simple sentence that in the future the USDA shall exert 'best efforts to ensure compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations prohibiting discrimination.' -- Pigford Consent Decree, April 14, 1999.

"The actions of the USDA from now into the future will be scrutinized closely -- by class members, by their now organized and vocal allies, by Congress and by the Court. If the USDA or members of the county committees are operating on the misapprehension that they ever again can repeat the events that led to this lawsuit, those forces will disabuse them of any such notion." -- Pigford Consent Decree, April 14, 1999.

Do those statements sound like a "friendly" DoJ?

Also, who are/were some of the biggest proponents in providing compensation the the claimants?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 01:38PM

http://www.ajc.com/news/farmers-wife-says-fired-574027.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 03:16PM

'he took a long time talking' THIS WAS CONDESCENDING? Maybe he was losing the farm for a reason, and had a speech problem.

What a NI66ERISH excuse.

Also, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU USED AN EXAMPLE OF YOURSELF GOING AGAINST JOb POLICY AND BEING RACIST ON THE JOB as an example because you want people to see your NOT racist. She OBVIOUSLY felt VINDICATED in her actions and was relaying the message as though she was in a position of POWER over the WHITE MAN and she had her opoortunity to be the CONDESCENDING RACIST that didn't help him as much as she could, and left the helping to his own race.

She shoulda been doing her job instead of telling EASILY MISCONTRUED RACISM STORIES and she would still have her job.


This is PATHETIC and this lady should be ashamed. But we know she is not, so lets be ashamed for her and make a nice financial contribution to the Black Panthers in her incognito-racist name.

Contribution: MY WHITE SWEATY BALLS!

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 20, 2010 03:51PM

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I wonder if you righties will ever admit that you aren't really outraged by any of this crap, you just take any opportunity you can to be critical.


conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now we will see if Obama holds his people
> accountable like he promised and fires Tom Vilsakk
> for allowing that on his watch. This woman was
> only fired because she was caught on video, he had
> to have known that was her behavior before the
> video was released.



mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I believe this to be the case exactly. It is
> amazing, knowing the facts, how fast the
> Administration threw her under the bus or to the
> back of the bus if you will. It is almost like at
> her level she wasn't worth wasting dwindling
> political capital to defend her so the eject lever
> was the easiest way out and someone or ones in the
> Administration far, far above her pay scale pulled
> it for her no doubt. This action I think helps
> take some of the air out of the New Black Panther
> / Justice Dept. controversy or at least gets it
> off the front page for a while.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 04:52PM

Hell Voter! They didn't even give her the dignity of a freeking beer summit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: twisted bastard ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:17PM

The wife of the subject farmer says the USDA employeee helped her family stay out of bankruptcy and on their farm. Thats certainly a better record then the typical racist white person.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:22PM

Well that kinda goes against what the RACIST black lady said when she said that she recomended them to a WHITE person because she figured that they can HELP THEIR OWN KIND.


Oops!

So how do you like that record, you racist minority?

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:46PM

The entire incident was a set up job by a republican/racist wed site. They are more then happy to try and drage everyone down to their discusting level

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:50PM

Yeah right! Like the Republicans told this lady to go before a crowd and tell a racist story, like what she did was cool.

Damn those Republicans!

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:54PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah right! Like the Republicans told this lady
> to go before a crowd and tell a racist story, like
> what she did was cool.
>
> Damn those Republicans!


The video was editied...not shown completely and made to make guys like you feel your hatred is normal.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:58PM

McFag wrote:
> I believe this to be the case exactly. It is
> amazing, knowing the facts, how fast the
> Administration threw her under the bus or to the
> back of the bus if you will.


First of all the 'Administration' did NOT throw her under any bus, like Barrack Hussein Obama did to his Gram Ma Ma during the Presidential Elections.


> 'or to the back of the bus if you will'

SORRY, NO I won't. and why don't you just quit it with your racist small-mindery!

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 07:02PM

A moron that goes by the name of Vince(1) here on FFxU wrote:
>The video was editied...not shown completely and made to make guys like you feel your hatred is >normal.

Okay, so the VIDEO shows 'guys like ME' (WHITES) to be racist and just like you, full of hatred.
Ohhhhhhhhh I wasn't getting it, moron.

I get it now! And when YOU say RACIST things against white people it is NOT RACISM, huh Vincent?

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 07:08PM

Yes we 'get it' Vince(1), you're a fuckweasel.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 20, 2010 07:31PM

WTL explained it perfectly in an earlier post: 10:33 this am

"The problem with her story is that she was playing to the crowd and it comes off badly (even in the correct context). The point of her story is that she learned to put her bias aside. And, it turns out, she is still friends with that white farmer today. The problem is, she embellished it to the point where it comes off racist."

The NAACP now say's they were fooled by Andrew Breitbart and Fox News. It will be interesting if Obama Administration Officials involved in her firing will follow suit. Fox was guilty of posting the story just like every other news agency did today.

Facts are facts. Shirley Sherrod, is guilty of nothing more than clumsily relating a story to an NAACP audience. And I'll wager my left nad if Ms. Sherrod was say, the Attorney General of the United States she would still be employed.

Of course the NAACP has no reason to be embarrassed here. They have no problem with the whole New Black Panther polling place fiasco or the Justice Depts. disposition with the case. Or spending a whole week branding the Tea Party racist just to get face time in the media. But their bad fucking ass with a little old lady with whom they have no use for. But what the fuck! Let's just take cowardice to the next level and blame Breitbart and Fox for the well deserved embarrassing pile of shit they dumped right on their own fucking heads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 07:36PM

Sorry but,

The facts are: she BROKE THE RULES, and she was recorded in public admitting to it.

No matter how long ago it was or how fox and company did or didn't try and make her look bad.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: July 20, 2010 07:45PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The NAACP now say's they were fooled by Andrew
> Breitbart and Fox News. It will be interesting if
> Obama Administration Officials involved in her
> firing will follow suit. Fox was guilty of posting
> the story just like every other news agency did
> today.

Now we will see if Obama holds his people accountable like he promised and fires Tom Vilsakk for allowing this to blow up out of control and embarrass the NAACP!!!

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 07:59PM

This whole thing is kind of Rovian in its duplicity. Now Obama has the black community pissed at him and it looks like he didn't give this gal a fair hearing. Definitely a Karl Rove-type tactic. I hate him, but the guy is fucking brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:03PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good....
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38321920/ns/us_news-li
> fe/


+1

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:03PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This whole thing is kind of Rovian in its
> duplicity. Now Obama has the black community
> pissed at him and it looks like he didn't give
> this gal a fair hearing. Definitely a Karl
> Rove-type tactic. I hate him, but the guy is
> fucking brilliant.

Rove like move by Obama or who leaked the video?

It's a lose-lose for Obama. Some of the black community will be pissed, while few of the white community will feel Obama really righted an injustice.


idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam



Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 08:06PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This whole thing is kind of Rovian in its
> > duplicity. Now Obama has the black community
> > pissed at him and it looks like he didn't give
> > this gal a fair hearing. Definitely a Karl
> > Rove-type tactic. I hate him, but the guy is
> > fucking brilliant.
>
> Rove like move by Obama or who leaked the video?
>
> It's a lose-lose for Obama. Some of the black
> community will be pissed, while few of the white
> community will feel Obama really righted an
> injustice.

Rovian in the whole conceptualization. If Obama does nothing, he loses. If he does something, he loses. This is on par with the 60 Minutes Dan Rather hit. This has Rove all over it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:11PM

Looks bad on Obamas part if his administration pulled the trigger without knowing the whole story.

You don't really think the Dan Rather thing was a set up, do you?


idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam



Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:21PM

Last time for the bozos that read what they want to see.

A CURRENT EMPLOYEE ADMITTED TO BREAKING THE RULES ON CAMERA, FIRED. End of story.


Had this been a white woman YOU TWITS would NOT be defending this undefendable -RACIST story telling woman.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 08:28PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks bad on Obamas part if his administration
> pulled the trigger without knowing the whole
> story.
>

Like I said. It was a no win situation for the Administration (not excusing the remarks or the fact that Obama did what he thought was best). This thing was taped in March, but it shows up in late July before the election? On Fox?

> You don't really think the Dan Rather thing was a
> set up, do you?


Yes. A mystery woman from Houston produces all this "evidence," yet within 24 hours after the piece appears, all these Right Wing bloggers have figured it out? Keep in mind, Bush Sr. hated Rather for the confrontation they had on the CBS Evening News over Iran Contra.

If you have read anything of mine on here, you know that I don't easily buy into conspiracy theories. But I do believe in political "dirty tricks," and if you know anything about what Nixon did back in the day and how Rove was front and center during the 72 campaign, you know what's happening here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 08:33PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last time for the bozos that read what they want
> to see.
>
> A CURRENT EMPLOYEE ADMITTED TO BREAKING THE RULES
> ON CAMERA, FIRED. End of story.
>
>
> Had this been a white woman YOU TWITS would NOT be
> defending this undefendable -RACIST story telling
> woman.


Read what I wrote about Rove. Classic Rove.

Other examples...

- A "listening device" in George W. Bush campaign offices during his campaign for governor in Texas.

- A "listening device" in the office of an opponent of Tom Harkin's in 2002.

- Tapes of George W. Bush debate prep mysteriously show up at Al Gore's campaign offices in 2000. Gore's office turns them over to authorities, but it makes Gore look bad anyway (even though he had nothing to do with it).

For more history, read "All the Presidents' Men" and see what Nixon's campaign did to Ed Muskie's campaign. It will sound awfully familiar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:38PM

Troll..you are a fucking republikan idiot.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:51PM

I'll have a TANG, thanks.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: July 20, 2010 08:54PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks bad on Obamas part if his administration
> pulled the trigger without knowing the whole
> story.

They didn't learn from the incident where obama flew out in front of the press to call that cop who rightly arrested the raving professor a racist.

Scary how quick he jumps to konclusions without bothering to give facts time to be discovered.

Just the kind of guy you want in charge of nukes.

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 09:01PM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> They didn't learn from the incident where obama
> flew out in front of the press to call that cop
> who rightly arrested the raving professor a
> racist.
>

He didn't say that. He said the cops acted "stupidly." That's not the same as calling them racist.

> Scary how quick he jumps to konclusions without
> bothering to give facts time to be discovered.
>

Yes, and he learned a lesson.

> Just the kind of guy you want in charge of nukes.


Much better to have a gal who makes up words, thinks she is Shakespeare and thinks going to war with Russia is the appropriate response for Russia getting into a scuffle with a former Soviet Republic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:05PM

Then again, she's no 'ON THE JOB TRAINING PRESIDENT' now is she?

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 09:10PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then again, she's no 'ON THE JOB TRAINING
> PRESIDENT' now is she?


Err, all Presidents are "ON THE JOB TRAINING PRESIDENTS."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:31PM

I'm sorry but are all the rest with 0 (zero) qualifications also, and have no experience running shit???
I didn't think so, but you keep on putting down Sarah Palin and acting like JUST because Sarah decided NOT to ignore the blunder she made, (like you suggested she should have done), and decided to make a joke.

Pretty fuckin' lame, I must say my friend.
So yes Err, indeed.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Date: July 20, 2010 10:01PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry but are all the rest with 0 (zero)
> qualifications also, and have no experience
> running shit???

Only...

FDR
Lincoln
Jefferson
Adams
etc, etc...


> I didn't think so, but you keep on putting down
> Sarah Palin and acting like JUST because Sarah
> decided NOT to ignore the blunder she made, (like
> you suggested she should have done), and decided
> to make a joke.
>

Since nobody got "the joke," her plan didn't exactly pan out.


> Pretty fuckin' lame, I must say my friend.
> So yes Err, indeed.


I have no problem admitting when Obama fails. Maybe you should consider doing the same for Palin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 21, 2010 10:56AM

Breitbart's goal was embarrass the NAACP showing Sherrod explaining decisions she made 24 years ago based on race and how she began to realize racism is wrong. Unfortunately the NAACP crowd she was speaking to laughed at the point in her speech where she was describing the power she held over the farmer. They were not any more sure where she was going with her point than the NAACP leadership or the White House was when they over reacted to the video.

Andrew Breitbart was expecting to point to Sherrod admitting to race based decisions 24 years ago highlighting NAACP hypocrisy. There is absolutely no way for Breitbart to have known what the White House's reaction to this would be other than to possibly put them in another situation where they appear to be defending someone appointed to a position with a somewhat racist background in her past albeit far reaching.

After having to deal with all the racial blow back from several of his more radical cabinet and Czar appointments and some of his own missteps like the beer summit ordeal Ms. Sherrod was all too easy for Obama Inc. to dispatch.

One question I'd like answered (Since were now probably looking at a tax payer funded multi million dollar law suit) is who in the White House ordered Vilsack to ax her? I doubt if this episode has legs to stand long enough but if anyone takes the fall it most likely will be Emmanuel since he has already sent signals of leaving after the midterm election.

Of Course we now have Vilsack "reconsidering his decision"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: C. Street ()
Date: July 21, 2010 11:18AM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One question I'd like answered (Since were now
> probably looking at a tax payer funded multi
> million dollar law suit) is who in the White House
> ordered Vilsack to ax her? I doubt if this episode
> has legs to stand long enough but if anyone takes
> the fall it most likely will be Emmanuel since he
> has already sent signals of leaving after the
> midterm election.
>
> Of Course we now have Vilsack "reconsidering his
> decision"


Excellent question and your description is by far the best I've seen
on a message board so far. "tax payder funded multi million dollar
law suit" is the key to the whole thing. I understand she has already
stated misgivings about coming back to USDA. (In other words, how big
a promotion will they give her if she agrees) I'm sure her lawyers are
weighing the difference between that and what she will get if she takes
them to court in a wrongful termination suit. Since the lawyers would
get a piece of the pie in court my guess is she'll take the court route.
I'm curious though as to how they can order her to resign without going
through all the procedural hoops under threat of termination. Maybe it's
easier if she's a political appointee but when I worked for the government
it was nearly impossible to have someone fired so fast unless they'd
committed a felony on the job and the evidence was overwhelming. Even
still, all the paperwork had to go through the HR and Legal division
first.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 21, 2010 11:42AM

CNN, NBC, CBS, MSNBC all had the story behind the USDA firing yesterday; all concluded Breitbart edited the tape and presented the wrong conclusion (when has that happened before?). Fox, other than Hannity who went full blown, downplayed the story, knowing it was fishy. BTW, Fox, (other than Hannity) didn’t run with Breitbart’s last video hatchet job on the Census workers because they suspected (ya think?) the claim was false. Now, back to the firing; the white farming couple went on national television yesterday and said “ she treated us good,” [sic] and said she went out of her way to find them a new lawyer when the first one didn’t work out. “She saved our farm” the famer’s wife said. So, this morning, Chris Plante on WMAL praises Breitbart for fooling the NAACP. This is where the conservatives are; present false information as news to “fool the liberals,” and then chastise them for being fooled. Has WMAL reached the bottom? WMAL is now worse than crap, and I don’t know what that is, but it is worse than crap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 21, 2010 12:20PM

Whether you agree with Breitbart or not his point was to show the response to Shirley's story by the audience. The whole feed of her speech has been available since March. So to say the NAACP and the White House was fooled by this supposed idiot is not genuine and an absolute stupid defense for their actions. They just count on the fact the public at large is too stupid to gather info and come to a just conclusion when the exact opposite is the case here. The Obama Administration fooled itself and it should be pretty damn embarrassing after being sold as the smartest, most Ivy league educated, cerebral and intellectual group of individuals ever to be assembled.




Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: July 21, 2010 01:37PM

Even the liberal washinkton post agrees with me that Obama must hold Vilsakk accountable. Hypokrites!!!!


"The coward in question is Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack who, even though from Iowa, fired Sherrod in a New York minute, and by extension and tradition –“The buck stops here,” remember? – Barack Obama himself. Where do they get off treating anyone so shabbily?"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/07/the_firing_of_shirley_sherrod.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

------------------------------------

twitter @EyeAmU

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 21, 2010 01:52PM

Oh please - remember the days when Tom Daschle went to the floor of the Senate and had this impassioned speech about how terrible Bush was for making these claims about the "Democratic controlled" Senate blocking pending legislation? And yet, the actual quote was much less troubling, and made it clear that Bush was claiming the Senate was blocking legislation due to special interest groups, but that plenty of Democrats and Republicans were working hard to get it passed. The "misquote" was made by the newspaper, to make what Bush said much more partisan, and Daschle went to the floor, quoting Bush from that text, even though in reality it was a lie.

All the major news outlets ran with the misquote, and even George Stephanpolous on his Sunday ABC show tried to question Andrew Card about it, who refused to deal with the question until George acknowledged that it was not what Bush said, and to post up the actual quote (which George did not do). So please - one group - Brietbart - manages to come up with a video where the woman set herself up with her own statements - and yet the Whitehouse can't do their OWN research to make sure that what happened really did? Come on - they can come up with all sorts of sob stories for everything else under the sun, but they can't even do proper research before firing someone? Seriously?

Whitehouse FAIL.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 01:52PM by Registered Voter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 21, 2010 02:38PM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even the liberal washinkton post agrees with me
> that Obama must hold Vilsakk accountable.
> Hypokrites!!!!
>
>
> "The coward in question is Agriculture Secretary
> Tom Vilsack who, even though from Iowa, fired
> Sherrod in a New York minute, and by extension and
> tradition –“The buck stops here,” remember? –
> Barack Obama himself. Where do they get off
> treating anyone so shabbily?"
>
> http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010
> /07/the_firing_of_shirley_sherrod.html?hpid=opinio
> nsbox1


Let me tell you what happens to Cabinet members for firing a subordinate..nothing! You republikans must be very proud of yourselves..you got a three-fer...you, falsely proclaim a women to be racist, you get the women fired...your trap is set, you get the USDA Administrator in a ringer...and now you hope and pray for White House interferance. This is a perfect example of the Republican Agenda....discusting people playing discusting politics. It's right up there with Joe McCarthy.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 21, 2010 02:38PM

Lets see idiots.

Your right, SHE SET HERSELF UP. Also the admitted act happened 24 years ago. She was a current employee at the time of admission, regarless of the STUPID story telling circumstances.

FIRED. End of story, anything else is unacceptable.


See we have a useless RACIST meeting like the NAACP, and people are surprised that it is full of RACISTS.


lastly, how do we know this lady HASN'T BEEN DOING THIS EXACT SAME STUFF FOR THE PAST 24 YEARS???

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: July 21, 2010 03:16PM

It's time to move on folks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 21, 2010 04:10PM

i really dont give a shit about this, it may have been slightly racist, but her whole story was how she came to realize it wasnt a black or white issue but a poor issue. Im glad she was fired because if this had been reversed and she had been a white woman (or god forbid white man) there would have been so much hell raised it would be rediculous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: She's gettng her job back ()
Date: July 21, 2010 07:11PM

Sucks to be yooooooooooooooooou. Video was taken out of context and the whole video wasn't shown, full one is up now and she's getting her job back. Cry over that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 21, 2010 07:44PM

Granted, this lady had more to her speech that what was shown, but she also went on to claim that opposition to Obama's HC Bill was due to racism.

Also, the NAACP included language in their push to have her fired, which indicated that they knew the entire story. They stated that despite the fact she later helped the white farmer, what she had said in front of the audience was still inexcusable. They also wanted to investigate the reaction of the NAACP audience in attendance. Now however, they suddenly flip a complete 180, and they literally place the blame upon Fox News and Conservatives for being "snookered". Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

If any of you read my thread about that bus load of Black Americans in the Bahamas, then you know that this is a larger problem, and it has only recently surfaced ever since Obama began running for President. Some black folks have a shit-for-brains attitude that they can do whatever they want, all because they have their cherished homeboy "Black President" in office.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 21, 2010 08:29PM

Wow.

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> for President. Some black folks have a
> shit-for-brains attitude that they can do whatever
> they want, all because they have their cherished
> homeboy "Black President" in office.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: twisted bastard ()
Date: July 21, 2010 11:07PM

Packleader..you are a small minded frightened white man. You are not a victim of black people..you are a victim of your own stupidity and fear. My advice...grow up.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 11:13PM by twisted bastard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 22, 2010 09:15AM

The sad part of all this is that it is now obvious that the The White House is now running scared from Fox "news". Murdock must be overjoyed..he has them jumping at his command.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 22, 2010 09:19AM

Let's make it clear - Congress and Obama are victims of themselves. It is clear that the ratings have nothing to do with Fox News, or whatever other boogeyman you want to come up with (R)V. They are losing the independents in DROVES. Every new piece of legislation they pass moves them even lower. Face it, you are not a voice that has even an iota of mainstream thought behind it Vince-tard.

x9bc9mfv0kwpq8m9aw-0sq.gifIf you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 22, 2010 12:13PM

ahhhhh..the denial...ran well for o'reilly after the abortion dr was murdered so what the heck. the fact is ruppert murdoch propaganda machine is very good at what they do...but big lies always have been effective.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 22, 2010 12:44PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ahhhhh..the denial...ran well for o'reilly after
> the abortion dr was murdered so what the heck.
> the fact is ruppert murdoch propaganda machine is
> very good at what they do...but big lies always
> have been effective.

Yeah, like that health care reform was going to reduce the cost of providing health care.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 22, 2010 01:10PM

And unemployment was going to be well below 9% 8% right now.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 01:12PM by ITRADE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Capt. Obvious ()
Date: July 22, 2010 01:13PM

and G'tmo would be closed by now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 22, 2010 01:39PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 22, 2010 01:42PM

This is a perfect example of how the opinion media do in fact shape perceptions. The right wing noise machine has relentlessy hammered away at this point and have succeeded in persuading a large portion of the population that the stimulus failed because it didn't do what they said it would do--keep unemployment below 8%. The truth is, however, that the stimulus succeeded even by that measure. No, it didn't hold unemployment below 8% but that is only because the starting point--where Bush left us--was worse than what we knew when that prediction was made. If they had phrased it differently--"unemployment won't rise by more than 3 percentage points"--we wouldn't have to keep hearing this bogus argument. The opinion people know this, but it doesn't stop them from using that minor quibble as a stick to beat the administration. It is the same way the hammer away with the false claim that Obama "tripled the deficit" when they know full well that Bush left that mess behind. This kind of simple nonsense resonates with a lot of the general public and the more complicated facts are harder to explain.

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And unemployment was going to be well below 9% 8%
> right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:00PM

Voter___ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a perfect example of how the opinion media
> do in fact shape perceptions. The right wing
> noise machine has relentlessy hammered away at
> this point and have succeeded in persuading a
> large portion of the population that the stimulus
> failed because it didn't do what they said it
> would do--keep unemployment below 8%. The truth
> is, however, that the stimulus succeeded even by
> that measure. No, it didn't hold unemployment
> below 8% but that is only because the starting
> point--where Bush left us--was worse than what we
> knew when that prediction was made. If they had
> phrased it differently--"unemployment won't rise
> by more than 3 percentage points"--we wouldn't
> have to keep hearing this bogus argument. The
> opinion people know this, but it doesn't stop them
> from using that minor quibble as a stick to beat
> the administration. It is the same way the hammer
> away with the false claim that Obama "tripled the
> deficit" when they know full well that Bush left
> that mess behind. This kind of simple nonsense
> resonates with a lot of the general public and the
> more complicated facts are harder to explain.
>
> ITRADE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And unemployment was going to be well below 9%
> 8%
> > right now.

But if no one but hard core republicans watch Fox, or listen to talk radio - how is the "right wing" media agenda relevant?

Because most of these stories never make it to MSM in any meaningful way.

The fact is, unemployment IS at 10%, the fact is Obama sold stimulus as 8%. It might just be that you can't run away from facts, huh?

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:02PM

Actually, the unemployment rate is much higher than what it is given that folks have simply dropped out of the workforce and have given up. Additionally, many of the job that have placed the UE level at about 9.5% are Census taking jobs which are now, in large part, gone.

So, temporary jobs which only held the line on unemployment and large drop out rates. Yep, the stimulus which cost billions did wonders.

The sales job on stimulus was reduced unemployment.

Can you say FAIL?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 02:02PM by ITRADE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:17PM

The thing is, we no longer have policy debates based on facts. People that should--and in fact usually do--know better make false arguments for political reasons not because they are interested in getting at the truth. We've seen it over the last couple of days with this whole Sherrod thing. First all the righties are getting out their pitchforks and demanding that Sherrod be fired--immediately!--for her outrageously racist remarks. The very next day these same people are still outraged, but now they are outraged that administration officials didn't take more time to look at the evidence. It is as if they don't think we remember things from one day to the next. You people are interested in solutions for high unemployment--you just want your team to win.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:25PM

Ok, so the real truth is, unemployment is really probably at about 16-17% if not more. You think the media should report that instead of the 10% number? I mean seriously, who is having the fail here V?

The democrats are big boys, they can do their own research just as well. Even the NAACP "over-reacted" evidently in their initial response.

And the Republicans offered solutions for the unemployment issue - the Democrats were much more interested in getting out their "stimulus" bill. Again, they had the votes, they passed THEIR legislation - so who has the fail here again? Looks like it falls squarely on the folks passing BS legislation at the moment - that would be the Democrats. Who wants to "win" again? I still remember all the discussions that went on back then, and how Obama told everyone that the Republicans should get out of the way - well, now he can live with the results of HIS failed legislation and agenda. The results are encouraging for those of us who can say "we told you so" when we said he had no executive experience and had no clue about business.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:29PM

Any objective analysis of the data shows that the stimulus was not a failure. I'd post the graphs again but you've seen them before and will just go back to the tiresome bullshit about how unemployment is over 8% so it failed or about census workers or whatever. All of the trends reversed as the stimulus kicked in and the fact of the matter is that we would be in a true world of hurt if we had done nothing, as your side wanted to do. I'll happily live with the record. If voters want to go back to what got us into this mess in the first place we'll deserve to be there.


Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, so the real truth is, unemployment is really
> probably at about 16-17% if not more. You think
> the media should report that instead of the 10%
> number? I mean seriously, who is having the fail
> here V?
>
> The democrats are big boys, they can do their own
> research just as well. Even the NAACP
> "over-reacted" evidently in their initial
> response.
>
> And the Republicans offered solutions for the
> unemployment issue - the Democrats were much more
> interested in getting out their "stimulus" bill.
> Again, they had the votes, they passed THEIR
> legislation - so who has the fail here again?
> Looks like it falls squarely on the folks passing
> BS legislation at the moment - that would be the
> Democrats. Who wants to "win" again? I still
> remember all the discussions that went on back
> then, and how Obama told everyone that the
> Republicans should get out of the way - well, now
> he can live with the results of HIS failed
> legislation and agenda. The results are
> encouraging for those of us who can say "we told
> you so" when we said he had no executive
> experience and had no clue about business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:34PM

Voter___ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any objective analysis of the data shows that the
> stimulus was not a failure. I'd post the graphs
> again but you've seen them before and will just go
> back to the tiresome bullshit about how
> unemployment is over 8% so it failed or about
> census workers or whatever. All of the trends
> reversed as the stimulus kicked in and the fact of
> the matter is that we would be in a true world of
> hurt if we had done nothing, as your side wanted
> to do. I'll happily live with the record. If
> voters want to go back to what got us into this
> mess in the first place we'll deserve to be
> there.
>

Again with the lie. Look, the Republicans offered up plans and ideas. Your side didn't want to do any of them - good for you. That doesn't = do nothing. That is just the fact of it. But they, it has made for a good talking point for months now so that is fine. The reality though, is that the Democrats went with their own plan, ignored republican ideas to provide TRUE stimulus, and their plan is a complete, and pretty much, utter failure.

The only credit I give the stimulus plan is that it offset State and local tax shortfalls and allowed them to continue employing folks. Unfortunately it did ZERO, SQUAT, ZILCH for private sector hiring. The truth of that is in the numbers we see today - and no spin will slow that puppy down. The employment graph was going to hit the bottom anyway - that it did so before any stimulus plan was passed, or that much of any money was spent should tell you something - but you can ignore that fact too.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:42PM

Republicans offered nothing. All they did was offer ideas and amendments and then voted against the bills anyway.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:44PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Republicans offered nothing. All they did was
> offer ideas and amendments and then voted against
> the bills anyway.

So, in fact, the plan passed was all the Democrats ideas - so we know who to blame at this point. Their policies are complete and total failures.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:46PM

Republicans are a one trick pony. We all know their one and only idea--cut taxes. With taxes already at historic lows I just don't think that was going to do much. In fact, all we need to do is look at the Bush years to see how effective that would have been.


Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Republicans offered nothing. All they did was
> > offer ideas and amendments and then voted
> against
> > the bills anyway.
>
> So, in fact, the plan passed was all the Democrats
> ideas - so we know who to blame at this point.
> Their policies are complete and total failures.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Non-Racist USDA Official Resigns
Posted by: Voter___ ()
Date: July 22, 2010 02:47PM

Oh--they did have one other idea. They wanted to let everything fail to punish people. I forgot about that one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **      **   ******   **     **  **        **      ** 
 **  **  **  **    **  **     **  **        **  **  ** 
 **  **  **  **        **     **  **        **  **  ** 
 **  **  **  **        **     **  **        **  **  ** 
 **  **  **  **         **   **   **        **  **  ** 
 **  **  **  **    **    ** **    **        **  **  ** 
  ***  ***    ******      ***     ********   ***  ***  
This forum powered by Phorum.