HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: TheRealRealReal ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:16PM

If you're thinking about buying an electric vehicle, it's good to do some math and use some logic.

According to Kelly Blue Book, the average price of a new electric vehicle as of October of this year was $55,676. By contrast, the average price of a new compact car was $25,240 — less than half that amount. The average price of a new compact SUV was $34,122

So, how much will an EV offset and how long will it take?

Let's take $21,000 as the starting point since that's how much extra you would pay for an EV if you bought a $34,000 gas car/suv.

The average mpg for cars reported by the EPA recently said cars are maintaining 26 mpg. If you drive about 400 miles per week (with a 15 gal tank), that would be a tank of gas. Current VA average is $3.24/gal and that's supposed to go down a little. So let's just use $3/gal to be super conservative in our estimate.

15 gal x 3/gal = $45/week
$45/wk x 52 weeks = $2,340/year
$21,000 divided by $2,340 = 8.97 years

You would have to keep that vehicle 8.97 years for the cost to BREAK EVEN.

So, the other reason to buy an EV is to save the planet. Here is the problem, though.

22% of CO2 is caused by transportation. 22% of CO2 is caused by electricity production. Wait a second. That means that (based on the current infrastructure) we would be making the same CO2 if we all magically moved to electric cars overnight. The CO2 production would just double from electricity production.

I'm pretty certain the future infrastructure will get better and electricity production (by fossil fuels, coal, nuclear, etc) will get cleaner.

But, right now, it's all a scam. You will not save the planet, and you'll spend a lot of money for nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: It's Total BS From Democrats ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:39PM

Let's start with all the working poor in the US , they can't afford to buy a new car even if it's 18 k , then add in the Obama care they think all will buy their taxes that they want to raise higher the cost of gas and everything now with the worse incompetent old fool of a president in office , a president their leftist media fawned over as they vilified the good President Trump who would have a handle on these higher costs

Next factor in the Virgina car tax even at 18 k it's still so much the working poor can not afford it

Finally look at the once US war on poverty that came from the mid 60's when Democrats were promising to end US poverty, dents were made then the Democrats abandoned it totally with their scheme to increase the numbers of future Democrat voters tied to their welfare programs, thus we have seen millions of illegals and public income legal immigrants flood into the US vastly increasing the numbers of not only the working poor but all the poor

There is one very necessary thing that is needed to push a society to pure communism, huge amounts of impoverished angry people , the people Democrats are creating with illegal immigration and their divisive policy's to make the people choose honor and self respect or welfare , sadly when such choices are offered to those who do not know what freedom really means their choice is too often welfare

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: http://www.fairfaxunderground.co ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:49PM

So, with both the above posters theories and calculations, the planet is fucked.
Then maybe they should stop wasting what’s left of their time posting and indulge their innermost fantasies.
Attachments:
135BC753-2560-48CD-9DF6-76ABA0E2ADF9.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Demotards?? ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:52PM

You get what you vote for, Bitches.
Attachments:
eleccar.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Done Deal ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:53PM

It doesn't matter because the big investors(Koch's, Bloombergs, Buffets, Carnagies, etc) and companies have already made the decision that American cars are going to be electric.

The new infrastructure bill has billions for electric charging stations and Amazon is building over 1000 new super charging stations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Commercial Electric Charging $$ ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:53PM

The rates are high , couple that with the costs of repairs and battery replacements and the enviromental fees as batteries are horrible to get rid of
Add them all up and you see electric cars are a pant load of BS designed to overfill the bank accounts of the richest Democrats in this country who are the ones pushing them down our throats

What's needed is to get rid of liberal hypocrites "house trucks "large over powered POS with 4 doors and 4 WD that can not haul shit with a short bed and are only used now and then to pull a light colorful jet ski to Lake Anna to endanger wildlife and all living life in its path as it spews pollutants out to foul the waters and air

Let's Go Brandon Lets GO House Trucks With Libtard Hypocrites Driving Them

If you got a Trump sticker or voter and your a real American this does not apply as your not the hypocrite here GAS them Up and lets burn some fossile fuel while the burning is good

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: kdhdfgvwej ()
Date: November 29, 2021 04:56PM

Done Deal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It doesn't matter because the big
> investors(Koch's, Bloombergs, Buffets, Carnagies,
> etc) and companies have already made the decision
> that American cars are going to be electric.
>
> The new infrastructure bill has billions for
> electric charging stations and Amazon is building
> over 1000 new super charging stations.

Re-read the OP. Building more charging stations doesn't change how the electricity is made.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Not Changing Anything ()
Date: November 29, 2021 05:01PM

kdhdfgvwej Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Done Deal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It doesn't matter because the big
> > investors(Koch's, Bloombergs, Buffets,
> Carnagies,
> > etc) and companies have already made the
> decision
> > that American cars are going to be electric.
> >
> > The new infrastructure bill has billions for
> > electric charging stations and Amazon is
> building
> > over 1000 new super charging stations.
>
> Re-read the OP. Building more charging stations
> doesn't change how the electricity is made.

You can hold breath until the coal cars come along, but the decision to move off gas to electric cars has been made. It's over for gas cars in the USA. You can't fight rich investors who can pay off Washington.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Let's Go Sick Filthy Perverts ()
Date: November 29, 2021 05:01PM

Same poster who is in love with his filthy gay porn precious find , his computer has got to be filled with such filth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: I Guess The Gay Pervert.. ()
Date: November 29, 2021 05:05PM

Is another friend of Kyle , a vicious pet of clowns JOE Nancy And Chucklies

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Registered Democrat ()
Date: November 29, 2021 05:07PM

Let me shout it out loud

HES A PEACEFUL PROTESTOR

He's protesting here with his favorite fantasy dream again , his mouth goes round just thinking of it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Cdgf ()
Date: November 29, 2021 05:57PM

Interesting stats and analysis.

OP however forgot to mention the environmental costs of extracting the raw earth material required to produce the components for EVs. That alone negates the environmental benefits supposedly reaped by owning an EV.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Omg I know right? ()
Date: November 29, 2021 06:07PM

Cdgf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting stats and analysis.
>
> OP however forgot to mention the environmental
> costs of extracting the raw earth material
> required to produce the components for EVs. That
> alone negates the environmental benefits
> supposedly reaped by owning an EV.


Because when we talk about gas powered vehicles we totally include the cost and effects of the oil fields, refining, transportation of fuel, construction of vehicle components... oh wait, you didn't do that... nevermind then. Lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: http://www.fairfaxunderground.co ()
Date: November 29, 2021 06:29PM

Let's Go Sick Filthy Perverts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same poster who is in love with his filthy gay
> porn precious find , his computer has got to be
> filled with such filth



It’s just a tiny dick but still
:) Have a nice day :)
Attachments:
F742CDFD-AA96-4861-9B90-B7B4D7F11035.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Gdyf ()
Date: November 29, 2021 06:32PM

Omg I know right? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cdgf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Interesting stats and analysis.
> >
> > OP however forgot to mention the environmental
> > costs of extracting the raw earth material
> > required to produce the components for EVs.
> That
> > alone negates the environmental benefits
> > supposedly reaped by owning an EV.
>
>
> Because when we talk about gas powered vehicles we
> totally include the cost and effects of the oil
> fields, refining, transportation of fuel,
> construction of vehicle components... oh wait, you
> didn't do that... nevermind then. Lol.


Those are all irrelevant because they are already fixed costs. You don’t need to build more oil fields or other pieces of infrastructure to extract and refine the oil. There are several types of rare earth elements that are needed to build EVs. They require all sorts of sophisticated and specialized pieces of equipment and specialists like PHds to manage and undertake extraction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: facts trigger my vaxtard reflexs ()
Date: November 29, 2021 06:36PM

too damn true op

there is nothing green about it and they already own the carbon companies so not sure why this huge push to electric cars

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: actual scientist ()
Date: November 29, 2021 06:43PM

Gdyf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Omg I know right? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cdgf Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Interesting stats and analysis.
> > >
> > > OP however forgot to mention the
> environmental
> > > costs of extracting the raw earth material
> > > required to produce the components for EVs.
> > That
> > > alone negates the environmental benefits
> > > supposedly reaped by owning an EV.
> >
> >
> > Because when we talk about gas powered vehicles
> we
> > totally include the cost and effects of the oil
> > fields, refining, transportation of fuel,
> > construction of vehicle components... oh wait,
> you
> > didn't do that... nevermind then. Lol.
>
>
> Those are all irrelevant because they are already
> fixed costs. You don’t need to build more oil
> fields or other pieces of infrastructure to
> extract and refine the oil. There are several
> types of rare earth elements that are needed to
> build EVs. They require all sorts of sophisticated
> and specialized pieces of equipment and
> specialists like PHds to manage and undertake
> extraction.


You guys make some good points but you're still missing some very important parts of the equation.

How about the back end? Currently there is no method to properly dispose of the batteries and the way in which they must be assembled and exist - make disassembly and recycling impossible. Ask around about what they are doing with them now and you will find a process not unlike nuclear waste disposal. Basically they are burying them where they will exist for thousands of years.

Libtards are not smart enough to understand how to actually help the environment. This is nothing more than a racket designed to enrich a few entities and other hangers on for the next decade at the expense of the public and the environment.

Nothing more than a politically motivated fad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Is Terry McAuliffe In It ()
Date: November 29, 2021 06:50PM

Has he any involvement in electric cars

I don't want anything to do with anything he's into , Virginia does not either

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Green Tech ()
Date: November 29, 2021 07:11PM

Fast Terry's bankrupt electric car company , he resigned from it in 2012 before running for Gov in 2013

To see a real successfully businessman look no further the the Great Donald Trump former US president , if he's not into electric cars you know they are crap as vechicles for the masses

A couple of expensive show off green pieces here and there are fine to brain wash the young with as anything with a big battery is not green its a disaster

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Electric Cars Make Me Feel Good ()
Date: November 29, 2021 07:14PM

I can brag how green I am at my whine and cheese party with all of Kyles friends

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: ImScuurrd ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:06AM

Petroleum will still be necessary because there's a shit ton of plastic in these expensive electric vehicles

Cost of petroleum extraction, cost of manufacturing, cost of battery disposal all will continue to add to the co2 production of an electric vehicle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Libs hate humanity ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:50AM

Libtards just do as ordered. They have no values. Mining for materials that make up EV batteries is just as "bad" as drilling for oil. Libtards are fucking stupid fucks. "Save the planet", give me a fucking break. How fucking stupid and weak minded and anti science do you have to be to think humans can save a planet? It's mind boggling stupidity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Pc retardzz ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:58AM

Libtards obsession with nonsense took societies eye off the real issues

Nuclear annihilation

Germ warfare / pandemics


This is why they are dangerously stupid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Liberals Scream Climate Change ()
Date: November 30, 2021 01:25PM

While human overpopulation is going to kill man off and Democrats want to push millions of poor right into our US southern border in hope they someday will vote Democrat

WE have done our part LET THE WORLD DO THERES !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Registered Democrat ()
Date: November 30, 2021 01:30PM

Its our votes our votes we need the votes ! We dont care about reality .I feel so good using millions of tons of plastic throw away shit to save our planet

When Im at our whine and cheese party's with our liberal elite pompous asses I like to talk up electric cars as a savior to mankind , were all going in on a mass tock buy of a electric battery comp. Thats what its really all about to F you some more

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: You need to elaborate ()
Date: November 30, 2021 09:57PM

actual scientist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gdyf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Omg I know right? Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Cdgf Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Interesting stats and analysis.
> > > >
> > > > OP however forgot to mention the
> > environmental
> > > > costs of extracting the raw earth material
> > > > required to produce the components for EVs.
> > > That
> > > > alone negates the environmental benefits
> > > > supposedly reaped by owning an EV.
> > >
> > >
> > > Because when we talk about gas powered
> vehicles
> > we
> > > totally include the cost and effects of the
> oil
> > > fields, refining, transportation of fuel,
> > > construction of vehicle components... oh
> wait,
> > you
> > > didn't do that... nevermind then. Lol.
> >
> >
> > Those are all irrelevant because they are
> already
> > fixed costs. You don’t need to build more oil
> > fields or other pieces of infrastructure to
> > extract and refine the oil. There are several
> > types of rare earth elements that are needed to
> > build EVs. They require all sorts of
> sophisticated
> > and specialized pieces of equipment and
> > specialists like PHds to manage and undertake
> > extraction.
>
>
> You guys make some good points but you're still
> missing some very important parts of the
> equation.
>
> How about the back end? Currently there is no
> method to properly dispose of the batteries and
> the way in which they must be assembled and exist
> - make disassembly and recycling impossible. Ask
> around about what they are doing with them now and
> you will find a process not unlike nuclear waste
> disposal. Basically they are burying them where
> they will exist for thousands of years.
>
> Libtards are not smart enough to understand how to
> actually help the environment. This is nothing
> more than a racket designed to enrich a few
> entities and other hangers on for the next decade
> at the expense of the public and the environment.
>
> Nothing more than a politically motivated fad.


What resources are needed strictly for electric vehicles? Please tell me you're referring to lithium batteries... the same lithium battery components that are in every single smartphone, most new battery applications, being installed in data centers all over the world to replace antiquated lead acid batteries. Are those the resources you mean? You need to be more specific.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: There isnt? ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:02PM

actual scientist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gdyf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Omg I know right? Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Cdgf Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Interesting stats and analysis.
> > > >
> > > > OP however forgot to mention the
> > environmental
> > > > costs of extracting the raw earth material
> > > > required to produce the components for EVs.
> > > That
> > > > alone negates the environmental benefits
> > > > supposedly reaped by owning an EV.
> > >
> > >
> > > Because when we talk about gas powered
> vehicles
> > we
> > > totally include the cost and effects of the
> oil
> > > fields, refining, transportation of fuel,
> > > construction of vehicle components... oh
> wait,
> > you
> > > didn't do that... nevermind then. Lol.
> >
> >
> > Those are all irrelevant because they are
> already
> > fixed costs. You don’t need to build more oil
> > fields or other pieces of infrastructure to
> > extract and refine the oil. There are several
> > types of rare earth elements that are needed to
> > build EVs. They require all sorts of
> sophisticated
> > and specialized pieces of equipment and
> > specialists like PHds to manage and undertake
> > extraction.
>
>
> You guys make some good points but you're still
> missing some very important parts of the
> equation.
>
> How about the back end? Currently there is no
> method to properly dispose of the batteries and
> the way in which they must be assembled and exist
> - make disassembly and recycling impossible. Ask
> around about what they are doing with them now and
> you will find a process not unlike nuclear waste
> disposal. Basically they are burying them where
> they will exist for thousands of years.
>
> Libtards are not smart enough to understand how to
> actually help the environment. This is nothing
> more than a racket designed to enrich a few
> entities and other hangers on for the next decade
> at the expense of the public and the environment.
>
> Nothing more than a politically motivated fad.


Back end you say? Your info is outdated
https://spectrum.ieee.org/lithiumion-battery-recycling-finally-takes-off-in-north-america-and-europe

But you go ahead and be against new tech while you regurgitate whatever talking points the oil and gas industry wants to keep their revenue flowong

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: What do you drive? ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:23PM

Cdgf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting stats and analysis.
>
> OP however forgot to mention the environmental
> costs of extracting the raw earth material
> required to produce the components for EVs. That
> alone negates the environmental benefits
> supposedly reaped by owning an EV.

Found a pic of Mr environmentally conscious in his sick green ride. This you dog? We appreciate you doing your part to save the world but most of us don't have your fortitude. No plastics, no batteries, no fuel, no oil, no ICE.
Attachments:
fred flintstone_2048_2048.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Electric is the Future ()
Date: November 30, 2021 10:27PM

It's a done deal. Electric cars are the future. The rich investors have already made the decision for Americans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Got the Balls? ()
Date: December 01, 2021 12:30AM

Nothing like a battery powered scooter.
Attachments:
DAADF4E9-A3C3-4EF8-AA18-2A93BB0796C5.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Date: December 01, 2021 07:29AM

Electric cars are COOL, man. If you can afford it, that's the reason to own one.

Plus you can make believe you are saving the planet. The only truth there is that by buying one now, you encourage them to make better ones in about 30 years and have some semblance of infrastructure in place.

So, enjoy your COOL electric car. Just don't plan on driving on a long winter or summer road trip, since you can't run the AC or heater very much before you're out of juice. Mostly, they're just good for driving in a few cities. There's no charger within 300 mile of Aunt Ethyl's place.


Electric is the Future Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a done deal. Electric cars are the future. The rich investors have already made the decision for Americans.

This is fairly true.
But not so much for right now.
They don't hold a candle to the utility of gas burning cars. If you are big-city oriented, you may have a very distorted view of this.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2021 07:33AM by This Just In Fairfax.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: not really ()
Date: December 01, 2021 08:08AM

>
> Back end you say? Your info is outdated
> https://spectrum.ieee.org/lithiumion-battery-recyc
> ling-finally-takes-off-in-north-america-and-europe
>
>
> But you go ahead and be against new tech while you
> regurgitate whatever talking points the oil and
> gas industry wants to keep their revenue flowong


It's sad that you are buying that promo piece as some kind of fact. They haven't built anything, aren't recycling anything yet and say they "can handle any kind of EV battery, without being concerned about the makeup". Of course lots of people are TRYING to recycle batteries since there are so many. It won't be profitable or effective and they won't get far. If you truly understood the way this works in the real world today and how these batteries are made, you would understand what a pipe dream your article is.

I hope you have stopped using oil and gas in your life since it's so horrible. I'd be willing to bet your giant dildo collection was partially manufactured with petroleum products, so don't forget about those when you tell us how green you are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Trumptards gonna tard ()
Date: December 01, 2021 08:28AM

This is hilarious!
All the Trumptards here are discouraging the use of non fossil fuel vehicles, but the second their dear leader starts "Trumps Electric Cars and Trucks", see how fast they come around.
We all know that as soon as Trump smells all the money in electric vehicles, he's gonna get aboard and start plastering his name all over it. Same goes for green buildings. Trumps ideology is entirely based on what he can profit from and we all know he's gonna go green sooner than later.

The battery disposal issue is a real thing, but that doesn't mean we should give up. Scientists will keep researching until we find renewable solutions. Electric vehicles are in the their infancy and will only get better. The same goes for all green technology.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: asst manager ()
Date: December 01, 2021 10:37AM

You libtards think all the conservatives blindly follow Trump. What a fucking joke! The green stuff will get better, but like everything else the libtards do... forcing it down peoples throats with some fucking mandate isn't going to work when the tech is still shit. There might be 7 or 8 people in the US right now that give a fuck what Trump thinks.

I have numerous friends that have purchased high end (non-Tesla) electric vehicles over the past year. Half have gotten rid of them for various reasons and several have been stranded because of some technology fuckup related to the electric components. The others are generally unimpressed.

The best way to make actual real Americans buy the shit is to make it reliable, efficient and affordable. Or you can follow the democrat model and just mandate it by passing laws to remove the vehicles that actually work today.

People love that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: weezy ()
Date: December 01, 2021 11:35PM

TheRealRealReal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 15 gal x 3/gal = $45/week
> $45/wk x 52 weeks = $2,340/year
> $21,000 divided by $2,340 = 8.97 years
>
> You would have to keep that vehicle 8.97 years for
> the cost to BREAK EVEN.

Something is wrong with this break even analysis because you have no figures for the yearly cost of electricity to operate an EV the same amount of miles as the gas (of which I have no idea or the comparable mechanical upkeep costs over time).

Find out the cost to drive the same amount of miles in each vehicle and then use the difference between the two costs to determine how long it will take to pay off the difference in purchase price. If the operating costs are the same between the two vehicles, you are going to be out the $21k difference in purchase price until the end of time (not counting for any differences in deprecation values).

Technology is being proven that captures CO2 from coal power plants and injects it underground in sealed formations. Will be interesting if the libtards still go nuts trying to ban reliable coal power if it is CO2 neutral. I suspect they will because this has nothing to do with CO2 and everything to do with not allowing the hicks in red states to have good paying jobs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's do some electric vehicle math
Posted by: Never said I don't use gas ()
Date: December 02, 2021 03:55AM

not really Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Back end you say? Your info is outdated
> >
> https://spectrum.ieee.org/lithiumion-battery-recyc
>
> >
> ling-finally-takes-off-in-north-america-and-europe
>
> >
> >
> > But you go ahead and be against new tech while
> you
> > regurgitate whatever talking points the oil and
> > gas industry wants to keep their revenue
> flowong
>
>
> It's sad that you are buying that promo piece as
> some kind of fact. They haven't built anything,
> aren't recycling anything yet and say they "can
> handle any kind of EV battery, without being
> concerned about the makeup". Of course lots of
> people are TRYING to recycle batteries since there
> are so many. It won't be profitable or effective
> and they won't get far. If you truly understood
> the way this works in the real world today and how
> these batteries are made, you would understand
> what a pipe dream your article is.
>
> I hope you have stopped using oil and gas in your
> life since it's so horrible. I'd be willing to bet
> your giant dildo collection was partially
> manufactured with petroleum products, so don't
> forget about those when you tell us how green you
> are.


...or oil, and I don't drive an electric vehicle. I'm advocating diversity in the market, sorry you can't comprehend the difference

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **     **  **     **  **     **  ******** 
  **  **   **     **  **     **   **   **      **    
   ****    **     **  **     **    ** **       **    
    **     *********  **     **     ***        **    
    **     **     **  **     **    ** **       **    
    **     **     **  **     **   **   **      **    
    **     **     **   *******   **     **     **    
This forum powered by Phorum.