HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Abbott Economy: Samsung to Build $17 Billion Chip Factory in Texas
Posted by: breitbart 20003 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:04PM

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/24/abbott-economy-samsung-to-build-17-billion-chip-factory-in-texas/

AP_21250608352432.png

Texas Gov Greg Abbott is extremely please and that's good enough for me.

However - machine tools are an incrementally developed thing (taking millions or billions of hours to develope) and the same is true of slicon and then software

I'd rather see Texas having built the machines that built the factory, then build the factory, then built the silicon then software.

But all seems well - it is one outreach from Asia that they will not hoard all the machine base in asia when agreements are reached.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Abbott Economy: Samsung to Build $17 Billion Chip Factory in Texas
Posted by: 34y444 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:05PM

little red riding hood

Posted by: 34t44 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 05:06PM

"they will not hoard" is great news completely besides whether MOE (materials organization energy) are being used properly to produce by USA owned MFG

Posted by: 34yy444 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:29PM

Texas taxpayers paid for a supercomuter - CRAY - from which SCSI I, II came from (lawsuit on whether they legally sold it or it is still Texas taxpayer's property)

Texas has made both motherboards and chips includeing AMD (funded by USA gov grant then - ??? - organized for gaming and got a CHINESE CEO and did outsourcing to china - which is a huge problem for texas). AMD bought "FireGL" line and still produces it (non-gamer version) (Silicon Graphics - the tech that Bill Gates (really Microsoft towel head ceo) stole and outsourced to china called nVidia). Infact texas had (has) a line of budget non-3D video cards texas students make - though none have been on shelves recently in PC stores.

Many of the most important TECH patents are(were?) held by texas originally - including the core hardware cell phone cameras are made from, the eye.

So the question on cell phones is WHY Texas and California have outsourced everything and "need help" when they've "had a base" (had isn't the same as has)

Texas also makes components that COULD BE USED BY HEWLETTE PACKARD to make science instruments - but that HP (and others) instead outsourced to china - are made in china.

Texas was into developing MODEMS (component in cell phones) before Bill Gates could say "mommy"

all very unusual from an outside observer's point of view

Posted by: 45y5u5 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:34PM

the FIRST PC board i ever bought (my money) said "Texas - made in USA". i saved money to put a 387 chip in it. the 2nd modem i had was an experimental model, a hand-me-down from a texas family virginia, made in texas

texas still sells parts need to make the (most) modern ones - though Dell doesn't make ANYTHING cell able unless it's 100% made in china. strange again

that doesn't mean Texas did or didn't fall behind in things. HP outsourced science scopes to china - maybe Texas can't make them maybe they can. Texas makes PC attached ones (but incomplete with incomplete software)

you have to wonder what they shipped overseas and lost, what they kept, and what's goings on

Posted by: 3443y44 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 06:37PM

However - machine tools are an incrementally developed thing (taking millions or billions of hours to develope) and the same is true of slicon and then software

that's trillions and trillions of hours if you must start from scratch because

"ubuntu steered all hardware support to china" "win11 has HQ in china and is kicking intel to the side" "machine shops keep closing and you can't find one in the phone book" (ie, your in virginia)

Posted by: 34888 ()
Date: November 24, 2021 08:20PM

Posted by: 34y3y4 ()
Date: November 26, 2021 06:12PM

it's worth mentioning NISSAN built factories in USA. japan isn't part of china and don't like the reference they might be.

but it's an ASSEMBLY PLANT not a producing plant: most of the NISSAN are made in china with the motor made in MEXICO

so without floor plans and such - we really are at a loss to say WHAT Samsung is planning and what will be "omitted"

Posted by: Akriles ()
Date: October 09, 2022 11:41AM

While our scientists and engineers have not yet developed robots that would build houses instead of humans, so far we have only automated machineries in the enterprise. For example the ones from rios robotics, which help workers pack and process products many times faster. Although I do not deny the fact that in the future we will for sure make progress in this area and no longer have to work our backs off to build a house.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2022 02:51PM by Akriles.

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: November 18, 2022 11:09PM

Akriles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While our scientists and engineers have not yet
> developed robots that would build houses instead
> of humans, so far we have only automated
> machineries in the enterprise. For example the
> ones from
> rios
> robotics
, which help workers pack
> and process products many times faster. Although I
> do not deny the fact that in the future we will
> for sure make progress in this area and no longer
> have to work our backs off to build a house.

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.