HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
TV networks reject controversial '9/11 mosque' ad
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 15, 2010 10:43AM

this is related to this topic: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/353054/353054.html but i thought it was worth having it's own thread.

BBC - TV networks reject controversial '9/11 mosque' ad

Two US TV networks have refused to air a controversial advert condemning plans to build a mosque near the site of the 9/11 terror attacks in New York.

The advert is funded by the National Republican Trust, a conservative group not affiliated to the Republican Party.

Entitled "Kill the Ground Zero Mosque", the video calls the proposed mosque a "monstrosity" that will invite further attacks on the US.

The advertisement has received over 100,000 page views on YouTube.

Neither CBS nor NBC, two of the major US television networks, will screen the advert. It is unclear what other networks will decide to do.

...MORE...

really i posted this article and video to spite NBC and CBS because i think it's funny to do so. you know, the Streisand effect.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TV networks reject controversial '9/11 mosque' ad
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: July 15, 2010 10:54AM

I have mixed feelings about this.
On one hand, I believe they have the right to build this mosque, as long as they've passed all the zoning, architectural and other guidelines. There is no law preventing them from doing this.

On the other hand, I despise Islam and believe it's like putting a giant statue of Hitler in Isreal. I cringe every time I hear of a mosque being built anywhere, but until we create proper laws prohibiting this sort of thing, there's nothing we can do. They know this and are capitalizing on it everyday.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: July 15, 2010 10:59AM

I'm sure Fox will run this ad. This commercial appeals directly to their typical viewer.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 15, 2010 11:03AM

Hopefully they will get the building currently on the site "historic site" status and put the issue to rest. I would say this though, if the folks get the go ahead to build the mosque, the City should have them proffer the additions of signs and memorial plaques for the victims of 9/11 and denouncing the people who took their religion and used it to justify the act. Big plaques, statues, etc. If they have enough money to build a mosque there, they certainly have the money to properly demonstrate how they denounce acts like 9/11.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: July 15, 2010 11:08AM

Although I disagree with the content of the commerical, it seems like the Muslims are almost asking for a fight by trying to put a mosque there. Of all the places in the country to want to locate a mosque, that has to be the worst. Nothing should be put on Ground Zero. And definitely not a mosque. Although nothing can really be done about it, the Muslims will ruin their reputation in America FOREVER if they go through with building this.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:11AM

I don't believe the site is ON ground zero. It is very close to it though.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 15, 2010 11:12AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> the City should have them proffer the additions of signs and memorial plaques for the victims of 9/11 and denouncing the people who took their religion

That's stupid. Make innocent people apologize for what al Qaeda did? I'm sure that might satisfy the average ignorant conservative, but it's really just a foolishly crafted insult aimed at lumping them all together and stereotyping them.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:16AM

The mosque is not at Ground Zero or, frankly, that close to it. It is proposed for an existing building, so it's not like they are going to build a huge golden dome or anything like that. In fact, most people won't even realize it is there unless you seek the place out. This is all a bunch of ugly propaganda designed to get the Republican base out at election time and the GOP should be ashamed of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: July 15, 2010 11:17AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > the City should have them proffer the additions
> of signs and memorial plaques for the victims of
> 9/11 and denouncing the people who took their
> religion
>
> That's stupid. Make innocent people apologize for
> what al Qaeda did? I'm sure that might satisfy
> the average ignorant conservative, but it's really
> just a foolishly crafted insult aimed at lumping
> them all together and stereotyping them.

No - the idea is to show that ordinary Muslims reject what the radical folks are doing. You don't hear that much from Muslims these days, and that is certainly a small price to pay if they want to show how they are "not with" those guys that blew up the WTC. Nothing stupid about it at all, and would probably look better to the non-muslims that still live and work in the area that lived through it.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:24AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> The mosque is not at Ground Zero or, frankly, that
> close to it. It is proposed for an existing
> building, so it's not like they are going to build
> a huge golden dome or anything like that. In fact,
> most people won't even realize it is there unless
> you seek the place out. This is all a bunch of
> ugly propaganda designed to get the Republican
> base out at election time and the GOP should be
> ashamed of it.

No, no dome - but it will still entail tearing down or doing a major conversion of the old building and putting up a new one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/06/2010-05-06_plan_for_mosque_near_world_trade_center_site_moves_ahead.html

amd_wtc_mosque.jpg

New Yorkers fight three new mosques
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jul/6/plans-mosques-divide-new-yorkers/

mosques_2057_s640x428.jpg?379e471c94002fIf you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: July 15, 2010 11:27AM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> No - the idea is to show that ordinary Muslims
> reject what the radical folks are doing. You don't
> hear that much from Muslims these days, and that
> is certainly a small price to pay if they want to
> show how they are "not with" those guys that blew
> up the WTC.

Maybe if you didn't listen to Fox all of the time, you would see that the Muslim community in the US has been condemning terrorism for years...

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has consistently and persistently condemned terrorism and the killing of innocent civilians. CAIR has also organized fatwas, petition drives, placed advertisements in national and local newspapers, ran public service announcements on television and radio stations, helped local Mosques across the United States in holding open houses, published Op-Eds in local and national newspapers, conducted inter-faith meetings and worked with scholars to disseminate the peaceful teachings of Islam.

In addition to specific campaigns, we have compiled a 68 page document showing all of the condemnations of terrorism after September 11th, 2001 and a similar document after the July 7th, 2006 bombings in London, UK.

Here's a link with additional information, if you care to learn more...

http://www.cair.com/AmericanMuslims/AntiTerrorism.aspx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: July 15, 2010 11:28AM

"Hey, let's make a video that is so intentionally inflamatory and graphic it has no chance of ever being aired on any major network and we probably really couldn't afford to air it anyways for any significant amount of time or in any time window where anyone would see it even if they did agree to air it, but we get their refusal, put out a press release, a bunch of talking heads and bloggers get all up in arms, we get a million views on youtube because of the free publicity, and then the donations roll in and all it cost us was whatever we paid for the editing software, if we paid a dime at all."

Good plan. Works pretty well it looks like.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:29AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> No - the idea is to show that ordinary Muslims
> reject what the radical folks are doing.

I know that average Muslims aren't terrorists without having to "learn" that thru some forced apology. It's called "understanding the real world".

But since the average American conservative is a fearful xenophobe, I guess we need to appease them with dumb gestures that won't do shit for the stereotypes already engrained in their minds.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:29AM

Registered Voter Wrote:

>
> No, no dome - but it will still entail tearing
> down or doing a major conversion of the old
> building and putting up a new one.
>
> http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/06/201
> 0-05-06_plan_for_mosque_near_world_trade_center_si
> te_moves_ahead.html
>
>
>
> New Yorkers fight three new mosques
> http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jul/6/pla
> ns-mosques-divide-new-yorkers/
>
>

You know why there are no synagogues in Mecca? Because Saudi Arabia isn't America.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:42AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > No - the idea is to show that ordinary Muslims
> > reject what the radical folks are doing.
>
> I know that average Muslims aren't terrorists
> without having to "learn" that thru some forced
> apology. It's called "understanding the real
> world".
>
> But since the average American conservative is a
> fearful xenophobe, I guess we need to appease them
> with dumb gestures that won't do shit for the
> stereotypes already engrained in their minds.

Tell that to the folks still working at TSA, or guarding our skies every day. Yeah, they are a bunch of xenophobes, having to screen all the air traffic in and out of the US and around DC to make sure no one tries to fly another plane(s) into buildings.

It's called making a gesture. And in the heated controversy surrounding them trying to get this mosque built, it might pave the way to approval with the promise of taking care to go overboard in showing the community they mean what they say. Don't try to make it out to be something more than it is - or that only conservatives feel this way. I imagine it was really bad being an Asian in America in 1941 and later - regardless of whether you were Japanese or not.

Posted by: Miami ()
Date: July 15, 2010 11:46AM

If they build this mosque I think we should build a Touchdown Jesus directly
across the street.

Date: July 15, 2010 11:55AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> I imagine it was really bad being an Asian in
> America in 1941 and later

So that makes it OK? We shouldn't try to learn something from history?

And what the heck does the TSA have to do with it?

Date: July 15, 2010 12:02PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > I imagine it was really bad being an Asian in
> > America in 1941 and later
>
> So that makes it OK? We shouldn't try to learn
> something from history?
>
> And what the heck does the TSA have to do with it?

The point is, it is NOT that bad for Muslims in the US - as it was after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Nor has it gotten anywhere near that bad. So it is obvious we did learn quite a bit.

TSA is part of the group that manages the skies around here along with the military. Might be that part of the function was folded back to DHS proper, but they had a facility to monitor civilian traffic in the area as a result of 9/11. 9/11 was perpetrated by radical Muslims, so they are performing that duty as a result of those issues - not like they just appeared out of a vacuum. We still see where folks tied to current Muslim mosques are trying to go overseas for training, or attempting attacks here in the US. So yeah, I can see why folks are still wary about having a Mosque in their neighborhood, let alone within spitting distance of Ground Zero.

Date: July 15, 2010 12:17PM

Come to think of it it's probably long overdue that some Muslim group comes out and denounces 9/11 and terrorism. Because the last thousand times apparently didn't stick.

Date: July 15, 2010 12:30PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Come to think of it it's probably long overdue
> that some Muslim group comes out and denounces
> 9/11 and terrorism. Because the last thousand
> times apparently didn't stick.

CAIR is a bunch of two faced propagandists. They put on a good show, but their actions in regards to legislation and other activities makes it clear their "good intentions" are nothing more than a front. I am sure there are Muslim groups out there that have denounced terrorism - but many of them look at our activities in the Middle East as terrorism as well. As far as 9/11 goes, you still want to refuse to believe there are people in NY City that would benefit from a larger show of good faith in this - not to mention the 9/11 victim families.

Date: July 15, 2010 12:36PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Come to think of it it's probably long overdue
> that some Muslim group comes out and denounces
> 9/11 and terrorism. Because the last thousand
> times apparently didn't stick.

"Moderate muslims" denouncing terrorism is all fine and good, but they need to go further than that. When the "radicals" in this country plan attacks here, it's really up to them to turn them in to authorities, not just condemn the act afterwards.

And yes, "moderates" know what's going on in most cases, but are too frightened to do anything about it.
In my opinion, when it comes down to it, a moderate will will choose islam over america any day.

It would be interesting to take an anonymous poll of muslims in this country and see how many would support Sharia law being imposed. I think 70-90% would be in favor.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:07PM

Tell you what, get every Christian church in the country to denounce the killing of abortion doctors without some caveat of "While we of course condemn violence and our prayers go out to the families you have to expect this sort of thing since they're killing babies" and we can start saying the Muslim community hasn't done enough.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:14PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Tell you what, get every Christian church in the
> country to denounce the killing of abortion
> doctors without some caveat of "While we of course
> condemn violence and our prayers go out to the
> families you have to expect this sort of thing
> since they're killing babies" and we can start
> saying the Muslim community hasn't done enough.

Oh yeah, that reallllly rises to the level of flying planes into WTC and the Pentagon, or putting bombs in crowded markets or on buses almost daily, blowing up civilians indiscriminately. How many abortion doctors have been killed in the last 10 years? Got some numbers for me? If you can get over 20 I will be impressed.

What a fucknut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:15PM by Registered Voter.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:16PM

Oh I'm sorry that the level of murder doesn't come up to your approval. "Hey it's evil, but this is MORE evil." What a jackass.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:16PM

Oh wait, here's the wiki for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

Murders

In the U.S., violence directed toward abortion providers has killed at least eight people, including four doctors, two clinic employees, a security guard, and a clinic escort

Um yeah, that would be 8.

EDIT: Oh sorry, some of those 8 in the US were outside of my 10 year filter - but for the sake of your weak argument I will include them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2010 01:19PM by Registered Voter.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:18PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Oh I'm sorry that the level of murder doesn't come
> up to your approval. "Hey it's evil, but this is
> MORE evil." What a jackass.

No, the point is, you have no argument. Local murders by one gunman or idiot who decides to go overboard to kill an abortion doctor is not anything on the level of a religious sect(s) that advocates conversion of the world to their belief system or else.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:20PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Tell you what, get every Christian church in the
> country to denounce the killing of abortion
> doctors without some caveat of "While we of course
> condemn violence and our prayers go out to the
> families you have to expect this sort of thing
> since they're killing babies" and we can start
> saying the Muslim community hasn't done enough.

You're just equating one form of stupidity against another. In the end, neither is going to happen.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:21PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> -----
> > Oh I'm sorry that the level of murder doesn't
> come
> > up to your approval. "Hey it's evil, but this
> is
> > MORE evil." What a jackass.
>
> No, the point is, you have no argument. Local
> murders by one gunman or idiot who decides to go
> overboard to kill an abortion doctor is not
> anything on the level of a religious sect(s) that
> advocates conversion of the world to their belief
> system or else.

Yes, it does. There. Take that.

Numbers Wrote:
> You're just equating one form of stupidity against
> another. In the end, neither is going to happen.

Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying.

Date: July 15, 2010 01:23PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> -----
> > Johnny Walker Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Oh I'm sorry that the level of murder doesn't
> > come
> > > up to your approval. "Hey it's evil, but this
> > is
> > > MORE evil." What a jackass.
> >
> > No, the point is, you have no argument. Local
> > murders by one gunman or idiot who decides to
> go
> > overboard to kill an abortion doctor is not
> > anything on the level of a religious sect(s)
> that
> > advocates conversion of the world to their
> belief
> > system or else.
>
>
> Yes, it does. There. Take that.

Oh.. yay you win!!! lol.

Try again.

Murdering anyone for the sake of religion or it's belief is utterly stupid. But sorry - abortion is not a religion or being against it is not a religion.

Posted by: Shagrat ()
Date: July 15, 2010 01:39PM

RV totally plagiarized that article by copying it from the National Peyote Research Center website. It's bogus.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 15, 2010 02:02PM

The only appropriate way to battle religious fundamentalists who hate our country is to be even more narrow-minded and xenophobic than they are. When confronted with religious discrimination, these groups typically just roll over and stop pushing the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: July 15, 2010 02:24PM

The beauty of this country is it's openness...I can understand some people's sentiments against building a mosque near the WTC...especially since the perpetrators were all Muslim. But a mosque does not mean terrorism per se. Certainly there are mosques that are used by some for jihad/anti-western preachings and endeavours, but I don't believe that mosques = terrorists. For the record, I generally abhor mosques and such but it is the right of all Americans to practise religion without duress from the state.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 15, 2010 02:30PM

The point is not Islam, but the radical fundamental elements. The 9/11 mosque in Falls Church played this game where any opposition to the things they preached were anti-Islamic when thw place was rife with jihadis, same with the Saudi school on Rt 1.

If you opposed those Westboro Baptist freaks from opening a church somewhere, would you be anti-Christianity?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 15, 2010 02:38PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> -----
> > Come to think of it it's probably long overdue
> > that some Muslim group comes out and denounces
> > 9/11 and terrorism. Because the last thousand
> > times apparently didn't stick.
>
> CAIR is a bunch of two faced propagandists. They
> put on a good show, but their actions in regards
> to legislation and other activities makes it clear
> their "good intentions" are nothing more than a
> front. I am sure there are Muslim groups out there
> that have denounced terrorism - but many of them
> look at our activities in the Middle East as
> terrorism as well. As far as 9/11 goes, you still
> want to refuse to believe there are people in NY
> City that would benefit from a larger show of good
> faith in this - not to mention the 9/11 victim
> families.

CAIR is a bullshit pressure group that works racial and religious tolerance the same way Reverends Al and Jesse do. I've met more than a handful of Muslims who think CAIR is a politically driven fraud. CAIR leadership has been supportive of suicide bombers in Israel as well as the "flying imans" lawsuit shakedown a few years ago. Fuck CAIR.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: July 15, 2010 02:57PM

People need to remember that Islam is NOT just a religion. It's a judicial and political system as well and all 3 are necessary to islam. It can all be summed up in one word, Oppression.

The real threat from islam is NOT radical terrorism (that's just a side show), it's political and social change through growing numbers. Look no further than Great Britain, France, Thailand, Nigeria and the Netherlands where the sheer number of muslims have voted for and won legal and political amendments suited solely for them.

Great Britain now has parts of the country with Sharia law and some assholes want to impose it on the whole country. Fortunately, GB has officially woken up to what's going on and now it's become a major issue there, as it has in the Netherlands too. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything they can do about it.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:03PM

Numbers Wrote:
> People need to remember that Islam is NOT just a
> religion. It's a judicial and political system as
> well and all 3 are necessary to islam. It can all
> be summed up in one word, Oppression.
>
> The real threat from islam is NOT radical
> terrorism (that's just a side show), it's
> political and social change through growing
> numbers. Look no further than Great Britain,
> France, Thailand, Nigeria and the Netherlands
> where the sheer number of muslims have voted for
> and won legal and political amendments suited
> solely for them.
>
> Great Britain now has parts of the country with
> Sharia law and some assholes want to impose it on
> the whole country. Fortunately, GB has officially
> woken up to what's going on and now it's become a
> major issue there, as it has in the Netherlands
> too. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything
> they can do about it.

Yeah, we keep hearing the little mutterings of that here in the US and that is some patent BS. Sharia Law is the ultimate in stupid - and if folks thought Judeo/Christian law was bad, at least we have had years to cull out many of the bad laws. It still isn't perfect in that regard, but it is a lot better than it was 200 years ago. Sharia Law is stuck in the Middle Ages.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:06PM

WingNut Wrote:
> The point is not Islam, but the radical
> fundamental elements. The 9/11 mosque in Falls
> Church played this game where any opposition to
> the things they preached were anti-Islamic when
> thw place was rife with jihadis, same with the
> Saudi school on Rt 1.
>
> If you opposed those Westboro Baptist freaks from
> opening a church somewhere, would you be
> anti-Christianity?

Yeah, people tend to look at the fringe groups in a particular faith and judge the rest of the members by the actions of those fringe elements.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Problem ()
Date: July 15, 2010 03:10PM

The Muslim groups in America denounce terrorism. But rather than doing anything about it, they push it away from them. Rather than apologizing to the American people, even if they had nothing to do with it, they just say we do not support them.

In actuality, much of the support from groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas comes from expatriated Muslims now living in the West. The mosques do nothing to deal with their more radical members, because it does not reflect poorly on the view of Islam in the West.

What we have to do is make it uncomfortable for Islam extremists to live in the West. They operate within their own communities, which only other Muslims know about. When it comes down to it, the only way to get rid of extremists is with the full cooperation of the mosques. Which we do not have.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:11PM

WingNut Wrote:

> If you opposed those Westboro Baptist freaks from
> opening a church somewhere, would you be
> anti-Christianity?

I'm pretty sure the whole Westboro Baptist thing is a fraud. I think it's all a publicity stunt and they're just fame whores.

I certainly don't link them to christianity or any other religion. I see them more like Balloon Boy.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:13PM

Numbers Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
>
> > If you opposed those Westboro Baptist freaks
> from
> > opening a church somewhere, would you be
> > anti-Christianity?
>
>
> I'm pretty sure the whole Westboro Baptist thing
> is a fraud. I think it's all a publicity stunt and
> they're just fame whores.
>
> I certainly don't link them to christianity or any
> other religion. I see them more like Balloon Boy.

I have often thought WBC was just a huge elaborate troll. It seems almost too incredible to be true.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:15PM

Even if the whole Westboro Baptist church is an act, they still have hurt a lot of people along the way. What they did at funerals is unforgivable.

Date: July 15, 2010 03:17PM

eesh Wrote:
> Even if the whole Westboro Baptist church is an
> act, they still have hurt a lot of people along
> the way. What they did at funerals is
> unforgivable.

I think that's it's whole point, to hurt and annoy. JW hit it right on the head with the troll description.

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: July 15, 2010 05:43PM

Yea part of Muslums plan to take over, convert everybody and pay tribute to the 9/11 terrorists. The irony of this, is we sorry ass, politcally correct, whimp ass, ass kissing, and shit packing americans are going to let this happen. Hell we get fucked in the ass every day and smile about it. Pretty soon the FFU will all be "al salami lickems".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Cuban ()
Date: July 15, 2010 06:13PM

Miami Wrote:
> If they build this mosque I think we should build
> a Touchdown Jesus directly
> across the street.

No, the statue across the street should be the prophet Mohammed.

Looking right at them.

And giving them the finger.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: July 16, 2010 12:48AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Hopefully they will get the building currently on
> the site "historic site" status and put the issue
> to rest. I would say this though, if the folks get
> the go ahead to build the mosque, the City should
> have them proffer the additions of signs and
> memorial plaques for the victims of 9/11 and
> denouncing the people who took their religion and
> used it to justify the act. Big plaques, statues,
> etc. If they have enough money to build a mosque
> there, they certainly have the money to properly
> demonstrate how they denounce acts like 9/11.

that's stupid. Do we have signs on churches "denouncing" the Inquisition? If you want to continue to treat all of Islam like terrorists, then we're going to continue to have a lot of terrorists.

that's a very Ugly American thing to say. We're a country of big-dicked cowboys, aren't we? Feels good to have a big dick, doesn't it? All the better to fuck the rest of the world in the ass with.

and it's not being built right on top of the god damned World Trade Center, idiots.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 16, 2010 02:51AM

this thread has a few insightful comments and plenty of lulz and facepalms.

good times.

unfortunately, the thread forecast is facepalms with a chance of stfu.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 16, 2010 02:52AM

Fuck that shit! Build your Goddamned ugly ass mosque where it is appreciated.
Your basement, or backyard for instance.

But not on historical ground. And preferably not in sight of the general public, but thats a different issue.

As far as a tribute to the 911 victims, why is some type of memorial asking to much? Even if not just a simple placard by the door expressing thier condolences to the victims being they are within such a close proximity and due to the fact that there has already been some public outcry. See this simple act, clears any doubt or suspicion from any passerby's mind as to wether or not this particular sect or brach of muslim followers agrees with the RADICALS WHO HIJACKED THIER FAITHS CREDIBILITY AND TRUSTWORTHINESS in the public eye after 911.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 03:00AM by Troll@AOL.

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: July 16, 2010 03:03AM

BIG DICKS---AMERICA! LAND OF THE BIG DICK! FREE RANGE DICK! THE ORIGINAL BIG-DICKED COWBOY! AMERICA, FUCK YEAH! SLAM A TALL BOY AND CRANK THE LEE GREENWOOD! FULL-ON!

this is how we look to the world. It takes a village to raise an idiot. Here we are--the World idiot. We have ratard strength. THAT'S fucking America. A nation of big-dicked, primordial ape-men cowboys with retard strength and enough bombs to wipe the planet clean a hundred times over. America the beautiful. We like our women fast, our beer cold, and our world white. A white earth! White is right! AMERICA! Man-Babies with machine guns! USA! USA! USA!

BIG COWBOY DICK---COME AN' GET IT!!!
Attachments:
american-flag.jpg

Date: July 16, 2010 03:09AM

Couldn't have said it better myself Mr. Misery.

Gobbless Wat Amurica!

==================================================================================

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 16, 2010 03:36AM

Miami Wrote:
> If they build this mosque I think we should build
> a Touchdown Jesus directly
> across the street.

HA!

Suddenly NBC would be covering the story.

The Christians are at it again, this time with a large Jesus statue at the site of the most horrific attack this country has ever known. Muslims view this statue as an affront to all Muslims, especially to those who lost their lives that day.

Abdul Abdul Hameed Mohammed, spokesperson for the Islamic Free Press, had this to say, "First you insult us with your animated South Park blasphemy and now this Jesus at the ground zero? Theo van Gogh had more respect. Remove that Jesus. This is not a threat but a warning."

The Major of NYC, after assuring Christians that he personally was not opposed to Jesus, said the following, "We need to be sensitive to the concerns of Muslims, most of whom, had no involvement in the attack on this city. As New Yorkers, we need to heal the wounds of 9/11.... not by dividing but by coming together."

Amen.....

Date: July 16, 2010 03:48AM

Yeah whatever. Mosques are just as ugly as any christian church. And fuck the Muslims and what they think about Jesus. This is our land and if we want a Jesus statue @ ground zero then so be it. And if any Muslim or sympatic has a problem with it, well, just FUCK OFF.

Fuck what ever idiot gave that 'warning' and fuck their shitty religion.

Wanna bring something together? How about rebuilding the WTC structures those people destroyed.

A fuckin Men.

Date: July 16, 2010 03:51AM

NYC mayor sez:
>"We need to be sensitive to the concerns of Muslims, MOST OF WHOM, had no involvement in the attack on this city. As New Yorkers blah blah blah..."

-haha what an ASS!

So in otherwords, the NYC mayor said we should be sympathetic, even to THOSE WHOM HAD INVOLVEMENT.

Date: July 16, 2010 04:03AM

Hey Alias,

you said the Muslims consider Jesus an affront? SO???

Should we stop worshiping our savior now? Naaaaaah
FUCK THEM!!!

The statue SHOULD STAY just because you SAID THAT!!!

Date: July 16, 2010 04:07AM

Be AFRAID of dee CHRISTIANS be very AFRAID.

(especially to thier affrontacious statues)

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 16, 2010 04:21AM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> Hey Alias,
>
> you said the Muslims consider Jesus an affront?
> SO???
>
> Should we stop worshiping our savior now?
> Naaaaaah
> FUCK THEM!!!
>
>
>
> The statue SHOULD STAY just because you SAID
> THAT!!!
>
>

I didn't say a word. That was NBC reporting.

Date: July 16, 2010 04:26AM

Wehehehehell, please exsqueeze me.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.