HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Banda concert last night
Posted by: Jose Head ()
Date: September 06, 2021 05:31PM

¿Alguien más aquí fue al concierto de Banda MS anoche en Capital One Arena? Qué pensaste

Did anyone else here go to the Banda MS concert last night at Capital One Arena? What did you think?

https://youtu.be/6ZomOjIqyr4

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Banda concert last night
Posted by: Nobody likes that shit. ()
Date: September 06, 2021 05:36PM

Go to hell

Posted by: Juan somemore' ()
Date: September 06, 2021 05:56PM

I thought the young redhead in the seventh row on the floor was really cute. She was wearing a kind of silk wrap around halter thing.

You had 10,000 mostly drunk Mexicans singing together the greatest Mexican songs of that past 50 years. I thought the costumes were ridiculous, and the big cowboy hats grossly stereotypical.

The first half was a female singer with a mariachi band, no tuba, singing Rancharas, and Corido music.
She had a Karen Carpenter like voice, and pleasant to list to. Most of her repertoire was like 1960's big band Mexican music- the Acupulco Sound, which is easy on the ear. Think of the type of Mexican music you might hear in a high end Mexican restaurant to get a synapses of the first part of the show.

The second part was a full Banda band with a heavy tuba playing Mexican polka or Norteno and Tejano.

I did not like that part. The three singers seemed a little too proud of themselves, and the heavy tuba was not easy on the ear.

All in All, it was Mexicans celebrating Mexican music, which was fine. I guess it is a cultural thing not liking the tuba.

Posted by: Jose Head ()
Date: September 06, 2021 06:15PM

Nobody likes that shit. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go to hell

Here is another clip from last night's Banda concert. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Q7FCTd_vA64

Posted by: Nobody likes that shit. ()
Date: September 06, 2021 11:31PM

Go to hell!

Posted by: Marcus ()
Date: September 20, 2021 04:37AM

Thanks for the YouTube link. I almost don't want to go to public speaking now. It's easier for me to find music on YouTube and use mp3 quack. Almost all music videos (from concerts) have nasty ad insertions. I prefer pure mp3 and offline now. Once upon a time I could find and use any music on the Internet. But now I have to use various tricks to get what I want.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.