HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Singapore Math
Posted by: Kenneth Gauthier ()
Date: July 21, 2021 11:16AM

I am new to homeschool and just starting to get all my books together. I was wondering if the textbooks and teacher's guides for the Singapore Primary Math are helpful or not. Many people online have said that they never used their teacher's guide, but others have said that your kids won't get enough out of the workbooks if you are not actually teaching out of the teacher's guide. Anyone with experience want to weigh in? (I have a 2nd and 4th grader)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Singapore Math
Posted by: wes ()
Date: July 25, 2021 05:47AM

Hello,
Singapore Math https://esingaporemath.com/ is very much popular in the world because of its teaching method based on the national mathematics curriculum. But the Singapore Math does not use the Abacus technique of learning Math directly.

Posted by: jamesw ()
Date: June 09, 2022 01:40PM

One way to encourage kids' interest in math is to engage in casual counting. Many kids pick up on the numbers we use in conversation. You can also read picture books about mathematicians to get kids thinking about the real-world www.inspirefineartcenter.org/mathnasium-san-antonio applications of math. These books also contain plenty of activities and games. For example, you can make your child learn how to count backwards by showing them the book "The Three Billy Goats Gruff".

Posted by: Weaa2 ()
Date: November 19, 2022 06:09PM

I'm not saying that other tutoring sites are bad, but the features that academictutoringnyc offers are https://academictutoringnyc.com/math-tutoring/geometry/, I don't think others offer, for example: allow teachers to build their brand by selling learning materials. also, students can interact with teachers at any time. There are many advantages to choosing these online tutoring platforms for the knowledge game and knowledge dissemination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2022 04:15AM by Weaa2.

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: November 25, 2022 10:53PM

Weaa2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not saying that other tutoring sites are bad,
> but the features that academictutoringnyc offers
> are
> https://academictutoringnyc.com/math-tutoring/geom
> etry/, I don't think others offer, for example:
> allow teachers to build their brand by selling
> learning materials. also, students can interact
> with teachers at any time. There are many
> advantages to choosing these online tutoring
> platforms for the knowledge game and knowledge
> dissemination.

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.