HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
On One Of The FB Yardsale Websites Someone Was Complaining About Being A Door Dash Driver And How Low People Tip For The Service.
Posted by: I Never Use Food Delivery Servic ()
Date: February 08, 2021 08:43AM

I always tip when I go to a restaurant and sometimes even when I'm picking up food at a restaurant, as I know they don't make a lot of money.

I have never used Door Dash, Uber Eats, Grub Hub, but I have had Chinese, pizza and other restaurants that offer the service delivered to my house. I always tip those drivers.

What is the proper etiquette for the food delivery people that go to the food places, pick up your food, then deliver it to you?

I know some people will argue that you don't want to leave a shitty tip, especially since that person has your information and is alone with your food.

What percent do you tip and what are your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: On One Of The FB Yardsale Websites Someone Was Complaining About Being A Door Dash Driver And How Low People Tip For The Service.
Posted by: Strip Club Dancer ()
Date: February 08, 2021 08:55AM

The only good job for tips is a dancer at a strip club.

Re: On One Of The FB Yardsale Websites Someone Was Complaining About Being A Door Dash Driver And How Low People Tip For The Service.
Posted by: Jonah Ryan ()
Date: February 08, 2021 11:13AM

I always tip my guy an extra roll of TP since they are in short supply and he's always "on the go" if you know what I'm sayin.
Attachments:
Uber eats pit stop.jpeg

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: February 08, 2021 04:57PM

I use these all the time.

I tip 15-20% (that's usually about $7-$8).

You also pay another Service Fee.

You DO NOT pay a third and hefty fee ("Delivery Fee") because you were smart and bought a subscription for $10/month.

The delivery people almost always get lost, almost never follow the instructions: the main options are "Leave on Doorstep" or "Hand it To Me". but they mostly toss it on the stoop and run away without even knocking or ringing your doorbell. You eventually go outside looking for it because it's been along time since "Hamdhak Is Approaching With Your Order" (GPS triggered because the driver has turned onto your street). You go out and find the food, which is now cold.

In other words, it it usually pretty shitty service.

I tip them because it's a miserable job and the company is fucking them over for sure. (The company is also fucking over the restaurant but there's nothing I can do about that.) The company is not, however, fucking me over, particularly.

If I could tip after the fact, rather than having to do it in the up-front transaction, I might be less generous. On the other hand, these drivers are getting fucked WAY worse than waitstaff.

As for tampering with your food...

This used to be rampant with Uber Eats drivers pilfering your fries and stuff. They used to laugh about it on their driver forums.

I mostly use DoorDash, but in either case, the restaurants seem to make a point of packing the goods in sealed tamper-evident bags (with the real bags and containers inside of that). So that's not a worry anymore.

Posted by: Herb Cohen ()
Date: February 08, 2021 05:04PM

I only tip at restaurants. I never tip for takeout, ever! Who started that nonsense anyway? Put my food in a bag and ring up my order. Those people aren't waiters.

Posted by: Always Tip In Cash ()
Date: February 08, 2021 05:05PM

Always tip in cash. The tip you add on your credit card gets stolen by DoorDash and UberEats. The driver never gets that money or gets only some of it.

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: February 09, 2021 12:54AM

Always Tip In Cash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always tip in cash. The tip you add on your
> credit card gets stolen by DoorDash and UberEats.
> The driver never gets that money or gets only some
> of it.

There were big lawsuits about that.
DoorDash doesn't steal the tips anymore.

But as I said, the drivers usually don't come to
your door and hand it to you -- although they are
SUPPOSED TO -- and so you never see them and can't
hand them cash.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.